Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:56:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 673
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 668
Total: 668

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 9976 times)

Offline bosco

Tattoos
« on: January 25, 2008, 09:22:25 am »
Does anyone currently have or have thought about getting some sort of HIV motif tattoo?
"Dog is my co-pilot".

Offline chemistry001

• http://www.mygaydar.com/chemistry001
Re: Tattoos
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:53:33 am »
I did think once about getting this, but never did in the end

[attachment deleted by admin]
Diagnosed 01/08/06
CD4-9, VL->500,000, CD4% 1
Started on Sustiva/combivir 22/08/06 changed to kivexa 18/09/06
02/10/06
CD4-50, VL-1496, CD4% 5
04/12/06
CD4-112, VL-125, CD4% 7.5
22/02/07
CD4-121, VL-<50, CD4% 9
29/05/07
CD4-125, VL-71,(re-done 149), CD4% 11
25/09/07
CD4 -231, VL-74, CD4% 15
Cant remember the next few dates
17/01/08  Kaletra and Truvada
CD4 - 281, VL-115
06/03/08
CD4 - 287, VL-178

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 10:14:42 am »
Got mine about six years ago, and it's on my body and on the Internet for the world to see.

http://www.metroweekly.com/feature/?ak=2456

"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline bear60

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 10:15:47 am »
Just wondering, bosco, are you considering getting a tattoo??
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 10:41:22 am »
I did think once about getting this, but never did in the end

I cant stop looking at that symbol and think of the horror film 28 days later

Sharkie-  ::)

Offline bosco

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 10:57:00 am »
Just wondering, bosco, are you considering getting a tattoo??

I already have several...but I have toyed with the idea of getting another one. Maybe the "bio hazzard" or a "+ sign"...but might not.
"Dog is my co-pilot".

Offline bosco

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 10:57:25 am »
Got mine about six years ago, and it's on my body and on the Internet for the world to see.

http://www.metroweekly.com/feature/?ak=2456

Nice Ink!
"Dog is my co-pilot".

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 11:21:38 am »
Nice Ink!

Thanks.  With the exception of my biohazard piece, all of my ink has been done at Body Art Studios in Berryville, Va.  The owner of the shop is highly regarded, and it's basically him, his wife, and her two sons.  Arrive about 6am on a Saturday after a one-hour drive from home if I want to be out of these by noon.  I take very good care of my ink, moisturizing it and not letting it get sun-damaged.  Been wanting to have a "white Tara," a Buddhist goddess of compassion, done on my right upper arm for several months, but I want to have an Asian woman do it, and that's been hard to find here.
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 11:31:13 am »
Yes, love me some INK....
my back tatto is an HIV/AIDS inspired tat...not sure if you can see the detail on the face of the dragon well but there is a bio hazard sign and a red ribbon on it...

I still have more work to be done, the tat is not finished yet

POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 11:39:47 am »
my tats are online too  ;D
http://reigningpages.com/leatherman/tats/index.htm

leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 12:35:46 pm »
Hi there,
I was thinking of getting another tattoo, not with HIV motif, yet anyway.  When you guys get your tats done to you have to disclose your status?
Thanks, Snow

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline bosco

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 12:36:52 pm »
Yes, love me some INK....
my back tatto is an HIV/AIDS inspired tat...not sure if you can see the detail on the face of the dragon well but there is a bio hazard sign and a red ribbon on it...

I still have more work to be done, the tat is not finished yet

That's a great back piece!
"Dog is my co-pilot".

Offline bosco

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 12:38:48 pm »
Hi there,
I was thinking of getting another tattoo, not with HIV motif, yet anyway.  When you guys get your tats done to you have to disclose your status?
Thanks, Snow

I got mine pre-test. But the place I always use in Atlanta has a form to fill out, but I can't remember if they asked that or not. It shouldn't matter since they wear gloves anyway.
"Dog is my co-pilot".

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 12:52:59 pm »
When I went to Tahiti, everyone had gorgeous tattoos.

I was thinking about getting one while I was there, but I chickened out at the last minute. One guy had a shark intertwined with a manta ray that went from his lower abdomen down to his mid thigh. That was incredibly beautiful.

by the way I meant no disrespect about the 28 days latter comment. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Sharkie - who thinks tattoos are sexy and hopes to be sexy one day

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 01:51:56 pm »
Hi there,
Thanks, Snow

Snow, where I got all mine done there's a form one has to fill out and it questions whether you're HIV+ or not.  Although the artists will do the tatts on those of us who are poz; I think that question might be on there so they can be extra careful.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 01:58:05 pm »
I with Shark...thought about it...but I know 5 minutes after I got it, I would have wanted something else. So my body has no art...although I think they are soooo sexy.
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion
September 07 - CD4 402 VL 118000 25%
October 07 -     CD4 294 VL 124000 22%
November 07 - Norvir, Triuvada and Reyataz
December 07 -  CD4 355 VL  550 .... guess the meds are working.
January 08 - CD4 446 VL <48 undetectable!
April 08 - CD4 554 VL <48 undetectable!
July 08 - CD4 666 VL <48 undetectable! Hporay...I have devil CD4's

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 03:11:14 pm »

Thanks.  With the exception of my biohazard piece, all of my ink has been done at Body Art Studios in Berryville, Va. 

orly... I grew up near there.  I'll keep this in mind as I'm back around there regularly.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 05:55:00 pm »
I have no tattoos but my brothers second wife (of three) had one.  Glenna Jean had her name on her right breast a plus sign in the middle and Jim on the left breast.  My brothers name was not Jim.  Glenna Jean would have been a candidate for implants but didn't have that work done.  She did chose tops which were a little too big for her.  One night at the parents house, at dinner, she reached across the table to get the butter and fell out of her top.  I said, "oh, theres Glenna Jean and Jim... I haven't seen them in a couple of days."  ;D
Have the best day
Michael

Offline randym431

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 05:39:47 am »
Thats a nice lookin piece of goods RHmuslbear.  Nice tatt too   ;)

I always thought getting a bald head tattoo-ed with a "hair look" would be interesting, and maybe a first.
Something like the Ceasar charter in THE ROBE, but in tattoo.
I like the biohazard tattoo also. Whats a typical sized tatt like that cost???

PS. Faint at heart might go with this...
http://www.stickergiant.com/page/sg/PROD/brs/rt286
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 05:42:30 am by randym431 »
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 02:22:25 pm »
I've never had the urge to get a biohazard tatt, or one that says anything about HIV.  But, whatever someone's into.  I think that tattoos are addicting though.  In my last go-around, I got five within like a week. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 04:58:36 pm »
Wow, five in a week, how do you figure out what you want and where they go?  I was stupid enough to get matching ones with the guy that infected me. It was supposed to be one of those things that was going to bond us together and we were going to get through anything "things"  After I had my son and he still couldn't stop beating the crap out of me, I left and soon got a cover up that took like 8 hours.  The guy did a really good job, he incorporated some flowers, starburst and my sons name on it.  I have been thinking of getting another one with my threesomes names on it but I can't figure out where to put it.  Does anyone watch the tattoo shows on tv now?  Some of the stuff they do is amazing especially the pictures of people...all I can think of is caricature but thats not it.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 06:24:28 pm »
Well, Snow, when I got the last round, I was really into Native American design, so I pretty much was already looking for a specific type of tatt.  And three of them are Native American art.  The two I have on my hands, well, it's not that I regret getting the types I got, just regret putting them on my hands, because of course, that's the first place people look when they meet me or see me anywhere (instant judgement and all that).

Edited to add: Snow, you should join us sometime in the women's forum.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 07:14:01 pm »
OUCH!  Didn't that hurt on your hands?

I am definately going to join you in the womens forum. I just need the time to type w/o interuption :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 07:38:18 pm »
Snow, at the time I was on so much Morphine I didn't really feel it. :D

Offline dvinemstre

• hot in carolina
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 11:30:10 pm »
bear - nice ink and dead sexy eyes....wow! i have almost fully completed full sleeves which start on my left hand and go up one arm then down the other one. they are my story of my journey. I have one side of the upper arm for the background to complete and had it scheduled the week i found out i was poz. I flipped, then settled about it. the main things about getting tatts and being hiv+ is to go somewhere you trust so they don't give YOU anything...just like disclosure at the dentist and what not. if my son ever gets my camera back to me i will post some here, or you can look me up on myspace...zan

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.