Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:04:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 241
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: LADIES THREAD # 69 .HAPPY NEW YEAR, NO MORE FEAR,LESS TEARS  (Read 52772 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: LADIES THREAD # 69 .HAPPY NEW YEAR, NO MORE FEAR,LESS TEARS
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2010, 07:37:29 am »
Netta, it was good talking to you last night.  I hope that whole mess gets over with soon, and you and your daughter can enjoy the new place.

Missy, I hope you're staying safe in all that snow.  Wow, 2 feet.  Yuck!

Nothing going on with me today, just cleaning. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2010, 03:18:26 pm »
Hey ladies---

I have been a bit busy plus wasn't able to get on much because the OT room was closed at times. I have been meeting with social workers here and at the court. Speaking of court, in family court, my lawyer wants me to drop the order against dickhead because he got a hospital report from somewhere. I don't know how since he never went the night the fight went down or by the time I left. It makes no sense to me. The lawyer is hoping that if I drop mine he will drop his. I seriously doubt that he will because he knows that he has the criminal charge against him.And wants to do anything to make me miserable. If it still goes to trial my lawyer thinks that the judge will look at the fact that I had knives...wtf...the man broke my wrist and choked me out. What was I suppose to do?

Still loving it here and working on getting housing. I am just guessing but maybe I will be in my own place by next month.They work pretty fast here since you can only be here for 3 months. I am also working on getting new hearing aids but can't get evaluated until May. The hospital is booked until then. So, in the meantime, I am going to start learning sign language. I know a lot of the alphabet already except for a few letters. And 2 of my social workers are working on getting me into a class. It sucks trying to hear people and can't. They have a person who comes into our groups and signs but I can't even understand her...*lol*

Well, NY is on alert, we're suppose to be getting 8-14 feet of snow tonight. They are asking everyone not to drive their cars and there is no school tomorrow. I am wondering if I have enough food.Don't get me wrong, I have food but wondering if I should get more. I have been trying to budget my money this month. But even with that food is expensive here, can't wait to be able to get stamps. And to save a few bucks I did my own hair this month. It took me all weekend but I finally got it done on Monday.

Betty--That is cute grandbaby you have. I miss watching the Harry Potter movies, those I don't have in my collection. First thing I have to get when I get out of here is a tv and dvd player. I had tvs when I was back in Pa..Got to start over again.

Netta---Glad dh is letting you hold the money and is good that you can still be civil with each other. I know it is a relief to have the car note paid. Good luck with moving. You still have your pup? Glad you are feeling better, last time you text me, you said you were in a foul mood.

I am counting down the days til Cindy gets married...still wishing I could've been the flower girl... ;) That is about it for me. I just wanted to check in with you all.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2010, 05:40:17 am »
Queen, it's great to hear from you!  I don't understand your lawyer's reasoning.  And how did dh (dickhead) get a hospital report?  I wonder if he faked something, or maybe did something to himself and said you did it.  I know that sounds crazy, but I've known people like that.    I know you can't wait to get your own place.  I hope that happens for you soon.    I heard about you guys getting snow.  We got 10 inches here so far, with 5 more inches at least predicted.  Of course they didn't close schools, though, because they want people to suffer.  If the schools here are closed, then where I work closes, so you know I was watching the news this morning to see if we were going to get a day off or not.  Not that lucky.  We may leave early, though, depending on how bad it gets.    I hope the sign language thing goes well.  I learned the alphabet when I was in like 4th grade, and still remember most of it.  But, I don't know how to sign words.  I hope you get new hearing aids quick.  I can't even imagine not being able to hear people, that would suck big time.   Thanks for the compliment about my granddaughter.  Yeah, she is cute, and I can't wait to hold her.  I don't know when they'll be able to come home, but I hope soon.  Please keep in touch when you can, and let us know what's going on.  I hope for nothing but the best for you.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline netta

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2010, 10:36:57 am »
Hi GF's. I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH SOME STUFF!!!!
please keep me in your prayers. I had a big fight Sunday with dh, nothing physical thank God. But I was totally stressed out. He was threatening me and was drunk, I threaten to call the cops and he went off, his sister threatened me on the phone!! Well Friday can't get here soon enough, He is moving. Things have calmed down since then. But i have been  crying and depressed .
I went to the id clinic yesterday and told them whats going on. My doc got on me about missing my meds.I had to do bloodwork. Last blood work sone in November shows I am a heart attack or stroke waitin to happen! yep ! my colesterol and trigyls are threw the roof!
She put me on meds for it, but said she would have to tkae me off them if test show it bothering my liver, which is why I was on them before and taken off them. It is crazy! I also got signed up with River Edge, mental health, for therapy. I was told they may change my anti depressants cause i have been on them so long, 20 years! They also have groups  for women too. Whatever it takes to get me feeling better I wll do. I am also going back to Alanon and Narcanon for families of addicts and alcoholics, this is really a codependency group to me. it helped me years ago .
Thursday I am in a gospel concert for Black World Aids Day, and all money goes to my organization. I hope all is well.

"to thine own self be true"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 12:41:51 pm »
Betty, The hospital report thing is what is bothering me too. I know for a fact he never went after the incident occurred or by the time I left him which was about a month later. I was thinking the same thing you were, that he cut himself then went to the hospital. But I am also disturbed because that makes me think his lawyer is lying for him. And I am wondering why my lawyer isn't questioning the validity of the report or looking at the date of when this report took place. It seems all anyone seems concerned with is the fact that I stabbed his tv and cut his clothes. And doesn't it matter that I have a hospital report too showing that he broke my wrist? The law here really sucks and he knows how to manipulate it!

Netta-- I am so sorry that you are still going through all the drama with dh. Now that it is getting close to the time for him to leave, he wants to show his ass. And his sister threatened you, wow, dickhead's sister did the same to me when we were arguing. It didn't matter that he was wrong but as they say blood is thicker than water. You may just have to call the police on him on Friday if he doesn't want to leave. I hope you won't have to and he leaves peacefully.

Well, it finally snowed here and is still coming down. I guess its suppose to continue until 5 pm. My wrist has been aching since last night. I am not planning on going anywhere though I think I have been having a little bit of cabin fever. I want to go out but really have no destination. I am usually worried about getting lost but I put GPS on my phone. So, I kinda want to play with that but I still need a destination... :D

I have been writing to my son. He got in trouble a few weeks ago. He has been demoted and his release date pushed back until May. I feel bad that he can't write me here. I was considering buying a PO box but when you buy them it is for a year. And I won't be in this area that long unless I find an apartment around here.

I hope the other ladies are doing ok. It doesn't look like too many are here anymore. I stay in contact with Snow by text. She has been helping me with some things and she is doing fine. But I often think of the others. That's about it for me...Much love ladies... :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2010, 04:48:08 pm »
And I am wondering why my lawyer isn't questioning the validity of the report or looking at the date of when this report took place.

You are entitled to, and must, see a copy of this hospital report. Then you have to cross-reference dates against your calendar, documents and anything else you can do to substantiate the validity, accuracy, etc.

You must be as assertive and do as much supplemental legwork/homework as possible whether you have an attorney or not. It can be misleading that attorneys know exactly how to move on things. They don't always and they can screw up, too. Happens ALL the time. You know what happened. You substantiate it. But know this, if he has a document relevant to your case YOU have a right to see it and have a copy of it too.  Make sure you're staying on top of court dates, submission deadlines, everything. Tell him you want to be kept abreast of everything and literally, mark this stuff in your calendar in front of him whenever possible.

A person told me long ago that someone graduates last in every law class---just to help you put it in perspective that you've got skin in the game, you have to work on your own case, too. The system is misleading. AND, if he knows that you are actively participating in this, then he will, likely, hopefully,  be sharper, too---cuz he knows you're paying attention and possibly getting outside information to support your case.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:22:35 pm by emeraldize »

Offline netta

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2010, 05:44:18 pm »
Hi gf's sending pic of Lucy love at 5 months. daughter bought me a new kodak easy share camera.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 05:52:56 pm by netta »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2010, 06:01:51 pm »
Netta, wow, I'm so sorry that that happened.  I agree with Queen, he knows his time is up and he wants to do as much as he can to fuck your life up along with his.  Don't let it happen-call the police if you need to.  Don't let him win.  I know you won't, just hang tough.  You puppy is so adorable!

Queen, I hope things get straightened out in your case.  Em seems to have good advice about getting a copy of whatever he has.  Maybe that would help you.  I'm pulling for ya, girl, always.  I hope the snow stops soon so you can play with your GPS.  I don't know what kind of destination you're looking for-Statue of Liberty maybe? :D

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2010, 03:31:50 pm »
Hey folks......

Em, thanks for your input. My lawyer is a she and a young one at that. I made my concerns known and now have a meeting scheduled with her on the 22nd. I am under the impression that I can't see those hospital records until we go to court. I know for a fact that he had to cut himself and told the hospital or whoever that I did it. Like I said, what is disturbing to me is that the lawyer seems to think the judge will focus on the fact that I pulled knives. The thing about that is I didn't pull the knives to cut him but to damage his prized wide screen tv and clothes after he had threw my cell phone against the wall. And I feel no one is focusing on what he did to me, the broke wrist and being choked unconscience. I did ask what the worse case scenario would be and was told that the order he has on me would stay in place...Umm, doesn't seem like a bad thing to me since I want nothing to do with him anyway. I have no criminal charges against me though I did press criminal charges against him when he threatened to kill me and my son. That's in criminal court and there is no way he can beat that because I kept the texts he sent me. The DA's office also took pictures of those messages. They are offering him a violent offenders charge, domestic violence classes and the criminal order would stay in effect for 2 years.Not really a justifiable punishment if you ask me. He will just use those classes to further manipulate the system. I would think he would have no choice but to plead guilty. Not pleading guilty would only make him look stupid especially when one of the texts he admitted it was him the whole time when he was pretending to be his son-in-law. And he can't use anything from the family court case in the criminal case. I'll just be glad when it is all over so I can get on with my life.

Netta, I got your messages on Yahoo and I am really worried about you. I am hoping things will not turn ugly but from what you told me, it just may.I will be thinking of you and praying for your safety. You don't have any strong men in your family who could have your back? And Lucy looks cute with the ribbons in her hair.

Betty, Hell no I am not going to look for the statue of liberty... :D I'll just wait until I have an appointment somewhere then use the GPS.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2010, 06:09:26 pm »
Queen,

You're welcome. Nice that you got a female attorney. I like that. Re: I made my concerns known and now have a meeting scheduled with her on the 22nd. I am under the impression that I can't see those hospital records until we go to court.

Did you specifically ask if the defense attorney has furnished or will be furnishing a copy of the hospital report? To see it the day of court, gives you no opportunity to calmly review it, compare it to your recollection and/or records such as a datebook or other dated documents of yours. You should push on this a bit with her to get a copy in advance of your hearing date.

If your attorney coaches you well, you will present your truth plainly, succinctly and convincingly. I will pass on one tiny piece of advice, when you testify, do not start any sentence with Well, or Weellllll, go straight to the active statement. I did this. I said that. I was grabbed. I was shoved. No 'well' enters the confident presentation of the facts.

You might find out from the phone company if you can get a printed set of the text messages as they'll be easier to read and submit. There may be identifiable marks on them, too, which validate their authenticity. Worth checking into.

It might also be helpful for you, and your attorney, to take a couple of sheets of paper and put a chronology of events together over time. When you met, when you visited NYC, gifts he bought for you, when it was agreed you would move to NYC, what the expectations were, what the domestic scene was like between the two of you, his children, the variables, when did it get nastier? physical? date of broken wrist, any other complications, ramifications in terms of you having to move, the impact of pressing charges, finding counsel and so on. So you have a journal, a document to represent the timeline of events. I assure you, once you do this, something small will pop up while you're on the subway and you'll want to add it in.

I'm encouraging you to do this not as a document to submit as evidence, but as a document that helps reteach you what you went through. Lots of details get blurred over when we are under durress. Further, your attorney might see something that is relevant to her overarching understanding of the context in which your case occurred.

The devil is in the details and so are the angels. You've got the time, girl, grab a spiral-bound notebook at the drug store and reconstruct as best you can. Remember the good stuff, too. That is what took you to NYC.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 06:14:37 pm by emeraldize »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2010, 07:22:53 am »
Queen, I hope things go smoothly for you with DH.  Yeah, if he tries getting out of the criminal charge, he'll just look foolish.  I know you want it to be over, and I do too.  Just hang in there, things will go upward. 

Netta, I'm worried about you from what Queen put regarding your messages on Yahoo.  If you have to leave the house to call the cops and have them meet you at your place Friday when dh needs to leave, then do so.  Don't give dh one hint of opportunity to get violent.  Please don't let anything happen to yourself.  I'm going to continue praying for you, lady.

It's cold here this morning, 10F.  We got about a foot of snow in the last few days, but nothing like it is on the East Coast.  One of the ladies I work with is in Dallas for some basketball thing, and she called yesterday and said there's snow there!  And they were expected to get 3-5 inches more.  I guess the whole country's gone crazy weather-wise.                    I wonder how Cindy's doing?  I hope we hear from her after the wedding, with pictures!

Offline netta

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2010, 01:07:06 pm »
 HI GF"S  We are waiting on it to snow today, Yeah  :D. My dh paid for his effencieny studio apartment today and is moving. Today is my wedding aniversary ! Go Figure, stranger things have happened.  :D hopefully he will get the car running this weekend, or it will be towed to his place. I have been laying kitchen tile at the new house and it is harder than I thought, about to drive me crazy!!!! but i am finished except for 2 edges, around the heat vent. Never again will I do this!!!! This evening I will be painting, No my DD doesn't know a thing about a house and I am teaching her everything!!! lol. The girls picked out the colors for their room. We have that plus a den and dinning and bedroom and living room to paint. At least that is one area I know how to do.
I started showing the house yesterday. Hopefully it will be rented by the end of the month. We are moving the last weekend of this month. I have not even started to pack! My daughters things are in storage so thats not a problem. Her boyfriend and some of his friends will move us. Money is tight,paid rent, mortgage and 500.00 asssociation fees here, and we are not even going to be here ! My dd paid it cause i t was in the lease. I wish and hope we can get something back from the landlord even though we are breaking the lease, i wonder if someone moves right in, are we due our security deposit back??? We are having to rent stove and refrigerator untill the stimulus check comes in May. but we will be alright. Just praying things go smooth with this move.
I have been showing the house, keeping it spotless ! so far 2 families are interested! I told them to move fast, because a lot of people have shown interest.  ;) I think the couple that came last night will get it, because the wife remembered my landlord defended her in a car accident case, so she should be in like flint.!!!! the landlor said he want to get good people in like us  ;D thats a compliment, because I only work with what I have and we really made this house look good since we have been here. Lucy is fine, and my grandbaby who was so scared of her says she is now in love with Lucy! we put her in the fenced back yard at the new house, bricked up the gate so she could not get out, and 5 minutes later she comes running in the new house !!! How she out  I don't know!!! I am so happy ,everyone has fallen in Love with her, even thoguh she is a crazy dog. She follows me everywhere, enven the bathroom and I close the door she gets in! she runs around the house in circles, and if she has an accident on the floor, she runs into her crate and sits there looking silly, because thats where I make her go when I am mad at her going on the carpet.

QUEEN- We have no family here. It's just me and my daughter and the grands. I hope you are doing ok and not worrying about the court thing. I know you will be happy when you get moved into your own. It isgoing to work out, though it may seem like thigns are moving slow. I will be glad to go to conseling on March 1st. I have a lot to get off my chest ,my future depends on me not making the same mistakes  over and over again. Wishing you the best.
BETTY I will talk to you this weekend. I  sure hope Moons wedding goes  ok with the weather and snow. caint wait to here from her.
I am missing all the others who post here. WE MISS YOU! this place has been a blessing to me, I would probly go crazy if I didn't have you all  !!!! :o
UPDATE -HE IS GONE, ALL MOVED! IT IS SNOWING HARD
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:06:15 pm by netta »

Offline netta

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2010, 07:06:20 pm »
And if you all want a good laugh, read my response to " 22 years and still no valentine" on the LTS forums.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2010, 07:19:12 am »
Netta

I hope you enjoy Valentine's Day in your new home with those who love you.

Em
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:23:53 am by emeraldize »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2010, 07:46:23 am »
Netta, everything sounds like it's moving in the right direction for you.  I'm so happy, you deserve some peace! 

Offline netta

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2010, 12:11:13 pm »
Hi gfs, How are you all ! I am ok but tired from painting yesterday and sore. I don't know if its the new colesterol meds ,since they can cause musle pain.
Anyway, I helped my dh move and he was very depressed and crying. i am worried about him. He is living in a hotel effiency. I was suppose to take him shopping Saturday, but have not heard from him.,Tried to call him today also. I hope he is ok and doesn't do anything to hurt himself. I know he is not my responsibilty, but I can't help feeling sorry for him and a little guilty. thats why I am going to conseling. I sugguested he go on his own also. Other than that I am fine. He called me Friday a couple of times and the last call he  was crying and asked if I was going to try and save the marriage and I was honest and told him no it was over, and haven't heard from him since  Really I can't relax untill I know he settled in and fine. He promised me he wouldn't hurt himself. I am praying for him.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2010, 06:41:41 pm »
Netta, stop that guilt right now!  You are not responsible for him, nor for what happened.  He brought everything on himself.  I remember your call last weekend, where he had your car, and had gone out and fucked up again, knowing what was coming.  It's all him, Netta.  He's an adult man who needs to learn to take care of himself.  I'm sure he thought he was in for a free ride with you, to where he could do anything he wanted.  Just remember, he fucked up (big time), not you.  Sorry I missed your call today, and now I'm getting ready to watch a movie I have to take back tomorrow.  Hopefully we can hook up sometime during the week, or next weekend.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2010, 11:52:38 pm »
Netta,

To add to what Betty has encouraged...which is givin' up the guilt, I want to share something with you. It's important that you know that nothing you've done or would attempt to do would change dh's behavior one bit if he were inclined to hurt himself, or, kill himself.

I'm attending a suicide bereavement group with a family member. And, what we've learned has been very powerful. You cannot prevent suicide. People speak in terms of suicide prevention, but no one has ever been able to do it. The nurse running the group showed us statistics for our region of the US and said the figures and demographics, with white males in the lead, are consistent and consistent elsewhere in the country.

Further, she said if it were a behavior, there would be changes over time if prevention were possible. It's more akin to a disease than anything else. You might also be interested in knowing that it's racially and gender-wise as follows: white males, then white females, then black males and the smallest number, black females.

So, bottomline, don't worry about anything you decide to do in terms of taking care of yourself having a negative impact upon him. It's nothing you can do anything about, period.

Have a good week enjoying your new home.

Em

Offline netta

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2010, 12:25:48 pm »
Thanks all for the advice, i guess thats the codependency kicking in. lol.
Well I talk to some friends who said they saw him Sat at the groceries. Alos told me he called in today and did not go to work. Probly because he had no car to take him at 4 am!. It is his fault he didn';t get the car fixed!.Well he tried to call me, but I refuse to answer, as long as I know he is ok.
I have lot sof work to do painting another room today at the new house. yesterday we painted flowers on the wall of the youngest girl's room.

Offline netta

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2010, 05:32:15 pm »
Today is Tuesday and we have 1 week  left to pack and move. It is hard doing somethings without a man, lets face it. ok painting is not going well, easy to paint, just the mess and cleanup, but iam not giving up, I have paint on the ceilings and can't tape them because the ceiling paint comes off! well have a hand edger to cut in with, just can't keep my lines straight! lol .today I found an edger that goes on my paint pole,so wish me luck! oh the colors are lavender, 6 yr olds room, rose shanell room, and purple 12 yr ols room.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2010, 06:13:56 pm »
Wow, Netta, sounds like you're really doing a whole lot of physical work.  I hope it goes well for you.  I've never painted a room, so I'd be no help.  Glad you're keeping busy, that's a good thing.  Less time to think. ;)  Just keep focusing on the good, lady.

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2010, 01:46:12 am »
Hi Ladies,

It's been a while but I've still been reading just about everyday.

Queen, Good Lord woman! You have been put through the wringer. I can't even begin to imagine going through all that you have. I know we don't know each other but I do think about you. I hope you are safe.

Netta, I'm so happy for you that you can start moving on with your life. Life with an addict can be so hard. Now you can focus on you and you family. Keep your chin up.

Betty, I have been watching the news reporting on all the crazy storms. I hope you have a good heater. That's just too cold for me. We got quite a bit of rain at one point but is has been unusually clear and warm here in Cali. How has work been going for you?

Hello to all of the other MIA ladies.

Everything is going fine with me. One of my brothers got arrested again last week and has a $50,000 bail. No one has the money to bail him out and I don't think bailing him out will really help him right now. It's just sad watching this cycle over and over.

Also, my BF just broke his tooth a few minutes ago, poor man! Hopefully the dentist will squeeze him in tomorrow. I have also been taking another online math course. It's definitely getting more difficult. I've run into some stuff that I don't think that I learned in high school or just didn't pay attention. It's good for me though. I need a challenge, I guess, lol. I also started a business, selling eco-friendly products. I'm just getting started but it will be nice to have something to do again. I just have to be careful as I really don't want any possible income to interfere with my medical benefits. Hopefully the worst that will happen will be a small co-pay. Anyway, I've got my fingers crossed! Not much else going on with me. I hope everyone is safe with all this terrible weather.

HollyStar
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline missy

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2010, 08:28:42 pm »
Hey Gfs,
Not MIA, just busy. Working hard and trying to hit the gym at least four times a week. It doesn't leave a lot of time for chatting. Has anyone heard from Cindy, did she get married on Valentines Day?
All is going well for me, still with my new guy.   :D.  Take care and I will check back in soon. 
PS. sometimes I just read to see what everyone is up to miss everyone a lot.  Mary

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2010, 04:37:12 am »
Holly, the job's going alright, thanks.  I'm more used to the things I need to know on the computer.  It's always interesting, with the mix of people we get in there.  We don't kick people out just because they're drunk or high, unless they start causing a disturbance.  So, I talk to a lot of people every day with various problems.  I try to help who I can, and refer others to the proper place for them to get the help they're seeking.       Sorry about your brother.  It seems like you've mentioned something about him before, I just can't remember.  Did you say he's an addict, or drinks a lot?   Good luck with the new job.  Yeah, I hope you don't have any changes in your insurance coverage.  You have Medicaid, don't you? 

Mary, good to hear from you.  I haven't heard anything from Cindy, I'm guessing she's been busy.  Glad everything's going well for you and the new beau.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2010, 01:41:33 pm »
Hi Everyone!
I have been trying to keep up with everyone but haven't been in a good space to post. I have been trying to figure out how I am going to come up with $2500 by next month for my lawyer, and still have enough money to finish the kids room and pay the bills.  I am sick and tired of having no money.  I have been feeling like crap lately.  I have a dull pain on the left side of my head and it seems to hurt more when I lay down. My brain just feels like mush. I am hoping that it is just the stress of everything.  I know around the time I got my Aids diagnosis, I was getting headaches and I had MRI's and cat scans and it turned out to be stress from, you'll never guess....going to court with shitbag.

BT- How are you doing? Your job sounds interesting, how are things going with the lady? I think you posted pics of your grandbaby recently, how adorable!

Netta- Sounds like you are doing a great job on the house.  The pics of your doggy are cute! I am glad you got away from your DH, I know it is hard but try not to think about what he is doing, it is time to think of about you.  Remember that Kwame song, you and only yooooooouuuuuuuuuuu  ;D

Em- You always give such great advice!

Queen- Keep your head up, hopefully I will get ahold of you soon with the 411.

Holly- Sorry to hear about your brother.  Your new business sounds great, hope it goes well for you.

Missy- Good for you, for going to the gym, I wish I had the energy.

Hello to everyone else, I hope everyone is surviving the winter, it seems like everyone is getting snow, except us. :-\

Take care!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2010, 06:54:46 am »
Snow, I am so, so sorry you're going through all the money problems.  Financial issues are extremely stressful, and can cause many physical problems, so it wouldn't surprise me if your headaches are a combination of that and shitbag.  Oh, and if you want some snow, you can have all ours here, which right now is a little over a foot.  Nothing compared to the East coast, I know, but yet bothersome at the same time.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2010, 04:00:19 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Just a quick drive- by....I have been sick over a week now....congested, coughing and blowing my nose with blood mixed in...yuck...I went to the doctors yesterday. I still have to get a chest xray done to make sure it is not pneumonia...I am wondering what the hell good was the pneumonia shot I got last year then if it is pneumonia. I also have scripts for antibiotics and an inhaler since I had wheezing in my lungs. I am going to pick that up soon as I am done here...

I had my first meet with the psychiatrist today...Not bad, I like her and she actually explained to me why I have the problems I do with men. It makes perfect sense too, so I will keep her. Gonna start the meds she prescribed for me tonight, it's a combo, anit-depressant and also to help me sleep. I haven't been sleeping well. I get 5 or 6 hours if I am lucky. I felt good after seeing her so I decided to blog about what is going on without giving too many details(remembered what Em said about that)...Check it out if you want.

Em-- I did do a time line with the social worker from the DA's office. I'll let you know how the meet and greet went.

I have just finally gotten to the point that I refuse to allow this asshole to have any power over me anymore. If I have to drop the family court case, fiiiiiiiine. I still have the criminal court case pending. I just want all this crap over so I can get on with my life. And have fun again. As long as this court things drags out, it slows my progress. I have already had plans to be looking good as hell when I do appear in court in March. I mean I looked good in February but I was a nervous wreck....Excuse my french but FUCK that....and like I love to say 2 tears in a bucket, MOTHERFUCK it....*snaps fingers*

Well TGIF loveys.... :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2010, 05:24:54 pm »
Hu u doin !!!!
Snow sorry to hear your money woes, I know what you mean  when you get tired of not having any money. I will be praying for you a financial blessing. Are you still going to court ??
Try not  to stress its no good for us.

Queen- I hope you feel better soon. I have been back and forth at the new house, busy. I know you will be glad when all the drama is over, me too. I felt like such a fool today tring to help my husband by giving him a ride as he asked to pay his rent. My daughter and I asked if he would help paint the new house,because he is a painter by trade. He called the other day and told me he would Saturday, and that he got another part time job. I guess he was in a good mood then.
Today when I met him at hisjob at lunch time, he was nice and then he turned on me when he got in the car, real bitter and arguing abou thow bad I treated him, same old crap,  trying to make me feel guilty, so I took him back to work and he jumped outta the car mad! he wlked away without his mail so I threw it at him and left. I was so upset, I couldn't find my way out the campus, lol so he called and told me how to get out, I told him I don't want to argue with him and that I won't need him for anything because of his attitude. I also told him he has no control ove me. I got the papers to sign today from my lawyer to start my divorce.! yeah ! Ironically he told me to start the divorce, he doesn't even know!
I thought we could be civil and friends, but I see that we can't, so I just will leave him alone. Stay otta his way.

Betty- hope to talk to you this weekend.

Everyonr have a nice weekend.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 05:34:31 pm by netta »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2010, 02:43:45 pm »
Queen, I sure hope you feel better soon.  You don't need that on top of everything else you're going through.  I'm so glad you're ready to just get on with your life.  It's great you're not giving him any power.  And it's great you like the psychiatrist.  So, those things are good, you just need to get better!  I'll add you to my prayer list.  Good to hear from you.

Netta, you have got to stop feeling responsible for that man.  Don't take his calls.  Don't answer at all.  Just let him go, along with all the drama that goes with him.  You need to just move forward, instead of going back. 

There's a girl who belongs to the church I work at who had a double lung transplant 3 weeks ago.  She's still in the hospital in Indianapolis, where she had it done at.  She's had to have 2 more surgeries, and keeps running fevers and getting fluid buildup on her lungs.  She's in her 20's, and has cystic fibrosis.  So, she really needed the transplant.  I so hope she'll pull through this.  Anyway, I'm not doing anything exciting this weekend.  I thought about going to Goodwill, but I got a little tired after cleaning, and just want to stay in.  It's grey and nasty out.  Tomorrow night into Monday we're supposed to get an ice storm that should turn to snow, which will turn back to ice.  I hate those the most.           You all have a good one.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2010, 05:09:56 pm »
Hey Ladies----

I tell you, Justice is really blind here in NY. I met with my lawyer on Monday. Now she is telling me I could do jail time for slashing his tv. UNFUCKINGBELIEVEABLE!!!!!! For one, this asshole broke my phone first in a jealous rage. Second, how come he can't get any time for breaking my wrist and choking me out. I was told it was because he doesn't have a record. Well, I don't either, so what gives? All this lawyer keeps going on about is what I did to his tv and how he supposedly has hospital records. Never once has she offered to show them to me or even if she has seen them herself. She just says his lawyer says he does...WTF?! I sent her 2 emails both saying how I was not satisfied with her. And to me she seems to be working for asshole more than me. Of course, I got the "I am sorry you feel like that" crap. She said she wanted to meet with me again...For what? She just saw me on Monday and if asshole does not want to drop the order she can email that to me. I told her there was no need for us to meet again and that if he did not want to drop his order that I will be wanting a new lawyer. When I told my case worker here about it, she could not believe it herself. She wants to talk to the lawyer too so I left the lawyer a vm telling her that it is alright to talk to her about the case. She'll prolly say she need it in writing but I said the same thing in the email. That is in writing is it not? Man, this is starting to piss me off all over again.

I am feeling much better. I am still using the inhaler which is helping with my coughing. I have also stopped smoking. The doctor gave me some Wellbutrin that seems to be working. The other day I tried to smoke a cigarette and felt sick to my stomach. I still have cigs but no urge to smoke them. So far so good.

Wow, this thread is taking a long time to get to 100 posts...See, now if I was around more I would whip you ladies into shape about writing.....j/k....I know you all have lives while I am trying to get mine back on track.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2010, 05:15:25 pm »
Queen, I can't believe the lawyer's telling you that you could do time for that dickhead's t.v.   What a joke!  He should be doing time for what he did.  I so hope this gets worked out.  I think about you, and pray you're days are becoming easier.  And you quit smoking, eh?  Wow!  That's quite an accomplishment!  Congrats.  Here's hoping for better and better days.

Edited to add:  Queen, I know how it feels to have the law make the innocent person look like the criminal.  When I was 15, I went to be with this guy I was going with.  I ended up getting abducted and raped and beaten for 3 days.  When I finally was returned home, the police convinced my parents not to press charges.  They told my parents that I would be made to look guilty, made to look like I instigated it.  I don't understand the law (cops, lawyers) sometimes.  They're supposed to put away the criminal and help the victim, not the other way around.  Just hang in there, lady.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:18:59 pm by BT65 »

Offline netta

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2010, 10:13:24 am »
 QUEEN - I am so sorry you are going through this. I t doesn't make since, again I say demand to see his hospital records like Emeralize told you, compair the dates to the nite you left and fought to the date he went to the hospital, I don't think he went right away, but who knows ??? You have to make your voice heard, Remeber I told you ot tell them your Hiv status, this could help you NOTget incarcerated , I know you don't want to, but it also could help you get a better lawyer or this one to get charged with discrimination !!!!, remember you are disabled and take meds to sustain your life, all this ' has to be factored in you being sent to jail. I would also contact an ASO today and tell them what is going on , they may have their own lawyer for free. Good Luck ! praying for you also, but its time to pull out the big guns, if you need me for a character refference or talk to someone for you let me know.

I am busy packing and cleaning for our move Saturday. It is going slow, tired. Painting all done, dining room was the hardest cause it was a burganlize,,red and took 3 coats and still looks  spotty. I am done.
Ok my dick head hubby had the only keys to the caddy so I went and got them while he was at work. apparently he gave permission for me to enter his room, he told me they were in the drawer, I found them after opening the wrong draw and finding  a condom ! LOL yeah he is getting his grind on with some one. I also told him I have filed for a divorce and needed his address which I got . My lawyer said it would be better if he got served, then asking him to sign the divorce papers. Also I bought him a computer when he was in school online, which he is no more, he quit. I think I have a right to keep it, he says no cause it was a gift, but I am not giving it to him.
I also have to have the car towed to my new home, because I can't leave it here, People will be moving in here  asap, soon as we move out ! also the landlord agreed to give us back our security deposit, providing house in good shape. Only thing isn't is the carpwt which is berber and we have tried to clean, and it has to be professionally cleaned.,Of coursed it is a light beige, and witl LUcy having her accidents it has spots all over, that I have cleaned but the stain is still there. I am tired of spending money on pet spot remover, that don't work.! Anyhow Keep us in prayer that the move goes smooth .
It sure is taking a long time to get this thread ended. Where is evderybody ??

Betty- Hows the weather  ??? are  you getting slamed with snow??? stay warm. Do you go to work when it snows ???

MOON- holla at us , by now you should be on your honeymoon, Congrats !!!! send us pics.

Snow- how vare you doing ??? hope all is well.

Everyone have a nice weekend.
Minimom we miss you., Vivt, Emeraldlize, Tendai, Wishfull, , Keep faith, Camille 07, Annibec, no.1 mom., Winnipoo.
SHOUT OUT TO YOU ALL !
Wonder what happend to Drag ????

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:40:33 am by netta »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2010, 03:57:51 pm »
Hey Netta, I was wondering how you were doing, but figured you were probably terribly busy painting. So, your car isn't running?  And I would think you should be able to keep the computer.  hell, you paid for it.  Screw that "gift" thing.  Tell him to kiss your sweet ass.  Anyway, it's snowed on and off, but not as bad as the Northeast is getting hit.  And yes, I have to work when it snows.  I wish we got paid snow days (hee).   I'll be praying your move goes smooth, and that you love your new place.  I wouldn't worry too much about the carpet; most places, landlords consider that normal wear and tear.

tendai

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2010, 07:16:55 am »
hi ladies
just poking my head in to say hie
netta - sorry for all the shit dh put you through, he's such a jerk. im glad u've moved on and staying strong
queen - that asshole is more than just an asshole.  i hope your lawyer shapes up and gets him out of your life for good.  good riddance to bad rubbish.
betty - 'half evil' lol.  you certainlly do meet strange people at work (the string guy)
cindy - how was the wedding?

as for me, nothing much is going on.  im going to see my doctor later this week for my new bloods, i hope the meds are making a positive change in my numbers. i also need to ask him why my nails are going black at the bottom.
we're stll together with my guy, its been 9 months now. one day at a time..:-)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2010, 05:27:47 pm »
Tendai, so great to hear from you!  We miss you around here.  I think it's great you're still with your guy, congrats!  Stop in more often. :)

Offline netta

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2010, 08:25:59 pm »
HI GF's, All is well. Moved and unpacking at my daughters new house.wonder how long I'll be here ???? lol. I do plan to get on the waiting list for an income based apartment, no plans on living here  but a year, need and want my own as daughter needs her privacy also. Everythign is going well. takaing time to unpack and organize, I am a caffeine addict. lol Finish painting and everything looks great, have to post pics soon.
Started conseling at River Edge, getting an appointment to see the pysc. about changing my meds.(anti-depressants). Had my intial consult with a conselor name Vanessa who listen to me for 2 hours LOL! But she was very encouraging.
Hope all is well, check back tomorrow.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2010, 04:32:02 am »
Netta, I think it's great that you started counseling.  I understand about wanting your own place.  I can't wait to see pics of the new place that you painted!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2010, 04:36:29 pm »
Hey Ladies----

Now my lawyer is changing her tune. She says she never told me I would go to jail...WTF? So, I guess I just made it up, yeah right. >:( Once again she has scheduled another meeting. I feel it is a waste of time but I will go. She seems to ignore the fact that I said I wanted a new lawyer if he does not drop his order. Still no confirmation on that other then she says his lawyer "believes" he will drop his order. What the hell is that? I will not be surprised if he doesn't. All he wants to do is pay me back for having him get arrested for 24 hours. I am trying not to stress about the situation. 2 of my social workers don't understand my lawyer's logic in wanting me to drop the order in the first place. I emailed my lawyer and told her that I will sign releases for her to talk to them. I just want the crap to be over so I can move on with my life.

Sorry so short...Just wanted to touch bases with you guys...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2010, 06:09:15 am »
Good to hear from you, Queen.  It sounds, to me at least, like your lawyer changed her tune because you called her on her shit.  Of course she's not going to admit to saying anything ridiculous (like the possibility of you going to jail).  I so hope it works out, and that things can get wrapped  up so you can move on. 

Where is Cindy?  I want pictures!

Offline netta

« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2010, 04:44:10 pm »
Hi GF"s I have been mia because I caught a bug and had to go to the hospital. I was very sick vomitting, diarear , aches and pains and I couldn't pee ! they thought it was my kidneys, but I was so dehydrated they gave me 2 iv fluids.They ran some blood work and said I had a  badvirus that was going around.I am feeling better now, but tired from the move and all. I have been texting with Queen on Friday, I will be glad when this court mess is over and she is in aher on place. trying to stay in touch. I was upset yesterday after geting a nasty phone message from my husband family, saying they wanted to know where he lived and that I was trifiling, and that his mom was worried about him. I don't know why they blame me for everything! Well I did not hear the message till after I talked to her briefly on the phone when she called and ask where he was staying, I told her and she hung up . Apparently his phone is off, she called again today to say they were trying to send him money to get his phone back on, and the hotel didn't give the room number and was rude. I told her I would give his friend who works with him her number so she can call them and not me. i don't even remeber his room number. she was very cordial and before i got a chance to respond to her message she hung up.
He is a grown man with 2 jobs and I am tired of them. Why they are so angry at me?? they know he has a problem. It seems they  want me to baby sit him, thats all.
Well it is very peacefull living without him in my life. I am trying to destress from all this mess and move on. I will be ok thought.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2010, 12:19:14 pm »
Netta, of course his family wants you to take care of him, so they won't have to deal with it.  I would probably tell them not to call anymore, if they keep bothering you.       Sorry to hear you were so sick.  How are you feeling now?  Please drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated. 

It's a pretty day here so far.  44F degrees.  It's supposed to rain in awhile, though, but that's alright.  Almost all last week was sunny and in the 40's.  I smell spring!  Of course, it's snowed here before in May, so who knows if we're really done with winter.  Nothing much going on.  Tomorrow starts the work week again.  I hope everyone has a good week.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2010, 03:02:17 pm »
I smell spring!
  Me, too. Birds are starting to chirp in the morning, too.
Hoo      Ray

Offline missy

« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2010, 03:50:50 pm »
Hey Gfs, just driving by.  I went to the flower and garden show in Baltimore with my honey yesterday.  Yes, spring is in the air. The flowers just made me feel so happy. YIPEEEEE!!
Missy  8)

Offline netta

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2010, 07:02:45 pm »
Here is a link to my daughters first house pics. I painted all the rooms!!!

http://photos1.walmart.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3047678003/a=9128634/

file:///C:/Users/VANNETTA/Pictures/2010-03-08/016.JPG
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:56:22 pm by netta »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2010, 05:13:50 pm »
Those pics are gorgeous, Netta.

Offline netta

« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2010, 12:07:07 pm »
thanks Betty, I am taking it easy, feeling better, so much peace, I can't believe it. I thank God he saw me through all I have been through. I painted the house, and decorated it. This is all my furniture, I gave to my daughter. when I move I will downsize and get only things I need and keep things that really mean something to me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 12:15:51 pm by netta »

Offline netta

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2010, 12:46:31 pm »
where is everyone?????? I am feeling so lonely out here! :'(
what happen to you all, we use to be so close?

Pray for Queen, she had court today. Hoping it all turns out well.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 03:01:29 pm by netta »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2010, 06:23:45 pm »
Hey Netta, I'm just doing a drive-by.  Please tell Queen I'm thinking about her, and wishing for the best. 

It's been a long week, and the place I work at may be closing in the next couple or few weeks.  That would majorly suck.  Anyway, I hope everyone's alright.  I agree with Netta, where is everybody?

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2010, 03:54:56 am »
... and the place I work at may be closing in the next couple or few weeks.  That would majorly suck. 

Sorry to read this. The good news is you've got more experience on your resume. Can you extract a generic reference letter before it closes up?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2010, 06:29:39 am »
Yeah, I could get a reference letter.  The thing is, I've still got the 4 misdemeanors on my criminal history, which is why I wasn't able to find a job before I got the one I have now.  At the place I'm working now, the boss knew me, because I had done a work experience there.  And they didn't do a background check.  So, the history is going to haunt me for a long time.  Indiana doesn't get rid of things on a person's criminal background, ever.  I would have to come up with $1000 to have a lawyer try to do a "post conviction relief."  In Indiana. One of the charges is from Michigan, which doesn't ever delete anything either.  But, if I can ever get rid of the ones in Indiana, that would only leave one thing, which wouldn't be so bad.  And because they were theft, no store will hire me, nor any place where money is involved.  See, when I was strung out this last time, and I went into stores, if I saw something I liked, I thought I was entitled to have it.  Problem was, I was so high, I didn't notice the store employees watching me while I was trying to slip things into my purse.  Anyway, I don't know how much longer the place I work will be open, but it doesn't look good for it financially, at all.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.