Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:19:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 230
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies THREAD PART 50, "STILL I RISE, THROUGH THESE TROUBLED TIMES"  (Read 46017 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Ladies THREAD PART 50, "STILL I RISE, THROUGH THESE TROUBLED TIMES"
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2008, 08:29:06 am »
Morning ladies,

Wish, I'm glad you're enjoying school.  Where I go, the classes are eight weeks long also.  It does make the time go by fast.  Provided I pass everything, I'll be done by May.  Yay!  I hope they get that court order taken care of.  You need the money, I'm sure, with how expensive it is to raise kids today.

Andrea, hee.  And my friend bought it (actually took over payments) from a gay man.  So, what are you going to do about that kid who doesn't understand what you're saying?  I hope you can find help.

Mahalia, I don't know what to tell you about your boyfriend.  I hope he opens up to you soon.  How long has it been since he found out he's poz? 

I bought a car, but I think I might have gotten duped.  It's really too long to explain, I'm just pissed off and worried.  Of course, none of my suspicions about the car have been confirmed (I haven't had it to a mechanic), but I've just got that feeling..........

Today, my cat goes to the vet to take care of her ears and get her claws clipped.  She's never been to the vet, in the whole 2 & 1/2 years I've owned her.  This is because she's strictly an indoor cat.  When I adopted her, she had had all her shots, and was neutered.  She's the most skiddish cat I've ever owned, she jumps at everything.  And today she's going into a cat carrier, and going to the vet, holy shit.  I remember when I adopted her, it took four people to hold her so one person could clip her claws.  I hope my friend, who's supposed to come over to help me, and I, can get her into the cat carrier and that she doesn't claw the hell out of us.  I'm sure once it's over and I get her home, she'll be under the bed for a couple days.  Anyway, this is going to be an adventure.  Wish us well, please.

Other than that, nothing else going on.  You ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mahalia

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2008, 08:52:50 am »
Hi BT, he's known for 3years, which is qt a long time considering that i just got to mine a year ago!

All the best with you and ur cat...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:29 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Well, I found out through watching the news that my son got 3-6 years. I am concerned for him because now he will be taken out of county and put in some state facility. And all I keep picturing is someone trying to rape him. He's little about 5'6 and a pretty boy. Maybe I'm making too much out of it, all I have to go by is Oz.

I moved my computer into my bedroom last night. It's where I spend the majority of my time plus it's the warmest room in the house. I try to keep my heat at 72 to avoid a high gas bill. Betty, I hope you didn't buy a lemon. I hates shopping for cars cause like anything else to do with cars, mechanics and car dealerships try to get over on women. I am also laughing to myself about your cat. I don't have those problems with Lucifer. I clip his nails and give him a bath from time to time. He never goes out past the front porch though I did let him in the back yard during the summer. I guess it's because I started clipping his claws and giving baths since he was a kitten. The most he does is growl which I think is funny but I just talk him through it.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2008, 04:20:58 pm »
Hey ladies,

Back from the vet.  My cat survived, and so did my friend and I (hee).  She really did better than I expected.  The vet said she has some yeast in her ears and gave me some ointment to put in (that should be fun).  They clipped her claws, gave her her shots, and got the mats out of her fur.  Now, the only reason I was able to afford all that is because of a little refund I got from my school.  That's the only reason I can afford to do anything extra, besides pay bills.  I know no one asked how I could afford it, just wanted to explain so you all don't think I'm a scammer about anything I've posted.  Oh, and, the cat isn't under the bed.  She's right next to me, and every once in awhile, she looks up at me and "meows" so I will stop and pet her and reassure her she's alright.

Yeah Queen, I hope I didn't buy a lemon also.  I went to the gas station today and filled it up and put a thing of Heet in it (what we Northerners use when it gets below freezing).  It's only 13F degrees out right now and I didn't want a frozen gasline.  And also Queen, I know what Oz shows.  And I know what some of the t.v. shows show.  I've never been to prison (only because of luck), so I can't personally say.  But, I have several friends who have been there, and I've never heard any of them talk about someone trying to rape them or anything like that.  All they talk about is doing their time, working out 'cause there's nothing else to do, people they'd meet, stuff like that.  I am, of course, hoping your son stays safe.  Please let us know how he's doing. :-*  (kiss for ya)

I'm going to check out a few more threads, and probably make something to eat.  You ladies have a good evening.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2008, 08:42:29 pm »
Sheri-
I totally hear you on the mother interfering thing.  When I lived with my mom with my son, it would drive her crazy if he cried when I put him to bed.  I wanted to let him cry so he would out grow it but she always made me go in the room with him, so I would end of falling asleep at 8 every night and not get anything done.  It used to drive me nuts!  Hopefully things will get better for you.

Hi Mahalia-  My SO is like that too.  It takes an act of congress to get him to go to the doc.  I hope you are liking your new job.

BT- LOL.  I was hoping you hit the lottery or something !  ;D Glad things went well with your cat, that could have been really painful.  What kind of car did you end up finding?  Are just having a feeling that is a lemon or is it running funny?  You would be suprised how much better a car runs with an oil and spark  plug change.  Can't you take it back in the 30 days or something?

Queen- Does your son have to serve the whole 3 to 5?  He might get some time off for good behavior and time served, might end up only being a year and half, hopefully.  They have been kicking people out early around here because they are too full.  He should do fine if he keeps to himself and doesn't run his mouth, from what I hear anyway.  I can't even imagine giving a cat a bath, I thought they all hated water?

Viv- Glad your conferences are over!  That must really suck when you don't get the support from home or higher up that you need.

I have been trying to get my Christmas shopping done and it has been exhausting me.  I went to a sale at Kohl's this morning and had to come home and take a nap before I went to pick up the kids.  It sucks getting old  :-\!
The funniest thing happened when I was at Walmart last night.  I was coming out of the sections where they have the pads and tampons and I see a guy in the soap aisle bend over and ask one of the employees  quietly "where is the KY jelly ?"  She says "KY jelly"  kind of loud with a strange look on her face and starts walking in the wrong direction, I had just walked by it.  So he is following her down the aisle and I was 5 or 10 ft behind them and she keeps repeating "KY jelly, KY jelly, KY jelly" and then stops and asks "  What do you use it for?"  I thought the poor guy was going to bug out, pass out, freak out,the look on his face was priceless!  So as I walk by them before he explains, I say" it 's on the back wall."  I thought he was going to kiss me, he thanks me and we both start laughing and then he thanks me again over and over as I am walking away.  I almost told him to try the warming kind but didn't want to start that conversation  :o LOL.

Hope everyone has a good night!!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2008, 12:32:18 am »
 Hey Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm in one of those pissy funky moods today. I don't know why. I guess maybe it's coming up to that time I found out last year I was +.  Or it may be do to the lack of sleep I have been getting. (IDK)

BT- I hope your car turns out to be a good runner for you. My car has been acting up lately. I have had it 6 years. Luckly I have my truck to fall back on.

Snow- How are you doing. How are the kids. Especially my friend Nessa?

Queen- Sorry about your son. I pray that he be alright. I forgot to tell you that the girl did give me the card. She all of a sudden found it after I went to her house. She was there. I thought I was the only one that kept my heat on 70-72. So far my gas bill is only 33.00

I am basically done with Christmas shopping. I love this time of year. Last year I didn't enjoy it much because all I could think  about was dying. But by grace I am still here.

Well i guess I will try to turn in and catch up on some sleep. Nite Nite

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2008, 08:04:49 am »
Morning ladies,

Snow, I can't take the car back.  As soon as I get it licensed I'm going to get an oil change.  That story about the KY was hilarious.  I can't believe the clerk asked the guy what he was going to use it for.  I need to get my grandkids' Christmas presents, but I'm hesitating to do that until after I get the car all legal.  Today I'm going to go get the proof of insurance, and my best friend is supposed to bring me my license plate off my old car that I gave to another friend.  That way I won't have to pay for a new plate, just to transfer one.  The BMV is closed on Mondays here now, so I'll probably go Tuesday.  Anyway, I want to see how much it's going to cost before I do any Christmas shopping. 

Keeping, when I don't get adequate sleep for a few days, I get in a real funk.  Our bodies need rest, no matter what the t.v. says.  I didn't know it has been a year since you tested +.  You'll be around for a long time, chickie, don't worry about that.  How's school?

It's absolutely freezing out right now (21F).  Of course, I know the temp is going to get much colder, it's that time of year.   I've got two space heaters going, one in the living room and one here by me in the kitchen.  My dad used to keep the heat at 68F.  My mum and I would turn it up sometimes when he wasn't home, then turn it back down right before he got home. 

Other than going to get proof of insurance on my car, I'm probably going to do homework.  I want to write two papers today-a reflection paper (easy), and a research paper (not so easy).  I have two research papers to do, one for each class.  The one I'm doing today is the shorter, easier one, for my forensic psych class.  I'm doing it on alcoholism and domestic abuse.  I found a couple pretty good sources online.  The research paper I'm doing for my human sexuality class is going to be on the possible benefits of legalized prostitution.  Hopefully I can find some good resources about that.  The professor said he wants a couple references to come from books, not just the computer.  So maybe I'll head to the library later to see if I can find anything.  I know I can find sources online. 

Anyway, I'm going to eat breakfast and go to the insurance place.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2008, 08:20:05 am »
I was coming out of the sections where they have the pads and tampons and I see a guy in the soap aisle bend over and ask one of the employees  quietly "where is the KY jelly ?"  She says "KY jelly"  kind of loud with a strange look on her face and starts walking in the wrong direction, I had just walked by it.  So he is following her down the aisle and I was 5 or 10 ft behind them and she keeps repeating "KY jelly, KY jelly, KY jelly" and then stops and asks "  What do you use it for?"  I thought the poor guy was going to bug out, pass out, freak out,the look on his face was priceless!

That is a funny retail tale. You know, that would make an excellent commercial, but likely only a European market would welcome such a thing because they can actually talk, laugh about and admit they have sex.

Offline Snowangel

u
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2008, 11:42:00 am »
You know, that would make an excellent commercial, but likely only a European market would welcome such a thing because they can actually talk, laugh about and admit they have sex.
LOL!  So true, I have 4 kids and my mother still doesn' talk to me about sex.   ::)
I liked Ann's blog about sex she posted a while back.

Hi Keeping- My litte Queen B is doing well !  ;)  One of her new names is Stank Butt, if she is not in a good mood everyone in the house knows it.  I hope you can catch up on your sleep.  I am so jealous you got your Christmas shopping done but happy for you at the same time.  ;D  Your gas bill is only $33?  Does it not get cold down there? My electric bill around this time of year is $400/month.  I try to make sure everyone wears lots of layers and has lots of blankets at night.  How is your hubby and the kiddos doing?  Did I tell you my sons middle name(his fathers last name) is the same as yours now?  I have a funny story to tell you about that.  I will e-mail you later :)  I hope you feel better!

BT- Hopefully things will work out with your car.  Would you mind sharing the domestic abuse sources you found on-line?

We are laying low today, my oldest isn't feeling well and still hasn't got out of bed yet, which never happens.  My Dad's b-day is tomorrow and I have to make bread pudding for him.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2008, 03:25:42 pm »
Snow--- I am not sure if my son has to do the whole sentence. I have heard from a few people that since he has been in there for almost 8 months that it will be some time served. And since it is the first time he has gotten in serious trouble, it may work in his favor. His mouth may be a factor, he did go to the hole once while in the county. But state prison is a whole 'nother thing.

Betty--- Good luck with the car. I am still waiting on mine to get fixed. My godson's father said he would take care of it. The other day he tells me, he's still trying to get ahold of the guy that is going to fix it. It has now been a month. At this rate, it looks like I may end up getting it fixed. And I had told my bff that her son would have this problem once he got the car, not having the money to get it fixed. They should just give me the car. It irritates me because she doesn't want anything to do with talking about the car getting fixed. She just keeps telling me to talk to her bf. I am going to wait to see if he does anything by Thursday, which is when he gets paid. If not, then I will take of it by the end of the month and they are not going to be happy because I am going to end up keeping the car.

Keeping---Interesting that she found the card all of a sudden. Yeah, the gas company told me once that keeping the heat on 70-72 will help with the gas bill. I use to turn it up when I was in my dining room. But since I have moved my computer to my bedroom which is the warmest room in the house, I don't mess with the thermostat.

Nothing planned for me today. Just dog sitting.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2008, 08:01:50 pm »
Evening all,

Snow, I hope your oldest feels better.  BTW, I absolutely love bread pudding.  I had some a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't as good as homemade.

Queen, you should keep the car since you're getting it repaired.  There's no reason you shouldn't.  Do you know when your bff wants it back?  I would tell her to get screwed.  Of course, I know you have to be cordial so she'll sign the car over to you (am I correct on that). 

The weather here is absolutely dreadful.  It was snowing all frickin' day, and we got probably 4-5 inches.  It was bad this morning when I went to the insurance place.  I had to go pretty far out, and the roads were crappy.  There was a horrible accident on the road I was driving back on, so I avoided it.  I went to Target for a second to get a couple things.  On the way back home, there was a Mustang with a pretty young driver (and young passengers) going super-slow.  Of course, the license plate said "Notre Dame" on it and it was a beautiful car.  But, Mustangs aren't made for driving in such weather and it was aggravating.  Anyway, all safe and sound.

I did some homework and tomorrow I have to do some more.  Nothing other than that.  You ladies have a good evening.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2008, 09:40:52 pm »
Hey everyone! I am sending all of you in the cold warm thoughts!! I would be bankrupt if I had to pay a heating bill because there is no way I would leave the thermostat low. I can't stand being cold. If I lived where it snowed I would have to hibernate. The bears have it right!

I didn't do much. I went to my doctor today. He has now started offering Saturday appointments which will work out better for me. I got in trouble for not having my blood work done when it was supposed to. I called the Rite Aid for a refill on my prescription and the doctor denied it until I came in.  >:( I was irritate but it was my fault. So I went in that day to get my blood drawn, this was last week, and then the people at the lab said that I can no longer get the count unless I come before 12. I have been going to this place for almost 2 years and I have always got it done after work, so around 4 or so and NOW they say no? Whatever. I asked  if this was a new policy and they couldn't even give me an answer. Well, since I was already irritated I also asked why they give me an HIV test every time I have blood drawn and that it was already established that I was positive. They said they do whatever the doctor says. So...(I know, I am going on and on but it does have a point  ;)) When I went in today I told the dr. about all the problems I was having and he said the lab techs don't know what they are doing and they should not be giving me an HIV test each time. Whenever I go they have me sign special paperwork giving them permission to do it. So now what I am going to do is get an itemized list of what they have been billing my insurance. I think they have been doing tests that are unnecessary. How irritating!

Well ladies, my time is going off...have to go get the blankets out of the dryer. Have a good night!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2008, 01:36:36 pm »
Hey ladies,

Andrea, that would really piss me off (regarding the lab).  I wouldn't have let them give me an HIV test over and over.  I would have told them to call the doctor.  This one lab I went to thought the viral load was an HIV test, until I told them what it was.  Incompetents.

We got 5 inches of snow.  I went out and shoveled, and of course the same thing happened again; my landlord came over with his snowblower.  I think that's nice, but next time I'm calling before I shovel.  Anyway.....

I got my homework done and I'm probably going to take a nap soon.  I got up at 7:00 this morning, no idea why.  My cat actually started meowing when she saw me stir in the bed, so I suppose I can blame her. 

My brother's supposed to come over tonight, if the roads aren't too bad.  Other than that, nothing else going on.  Where has Drag, Cin and Wendy been?  Hmmmmm..... You ladies have a good day.

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2008, 08:26:38 pm »
I want to thank you ladies so much for your support.  I know we'll never know for sure who infected who.  Truth is, we both engaged in activities that could have gotten us infected.  I feel in my heart that I had it first, but that may not be the case.  It's probably better that we don't know.  We have never even talked about it, like at all.  I'm glad that we have each other.

One thing I'm thankful for is that we found out early.   It's insane that doctors don't recommend HIV tests across the board.  I feel much more in control of this disease since I found out about it relatively early.

After an emotional two days or so, we have gotten pretty much back to normal.  I am almost done with my move, and we put up Christmas decorations today.  Yay!

Queen:  So sorry about your son...

Vivy, that would really annoy me!  It's amazing how little common sense some folx have.

Betty, glad your cat is doing well!!  I love animals.

And I want to say hello to all the ladies I didn't name specifically.  One day I'm going to keep up with responding more regularly.  I love reading about what's going on with everyone.

Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2008, 09:59:06 pm »
I'm here. I've been reading just not responding. Tis the season for feeling melancholy.
 I've been thinking of my little one Justin more lately.
The crowds and shopping for presents is stressful. But I'm ok ...

I'm sure you all understand.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2008, 11:21:35 pm »
Sweet C- I agree with you in regards to the testing. I don't understand why they have to get a patient's permission to test. They should be able to do it no matter what since it is something that you may not know you have.

Wendy- Nice to hear from you. My therapist says that holidays can be really bad. I hope you feel better.

I really wanted to get a Christmas tree today but I can't get to my decorations. My mom put them in the little storage thing where I park my car and I have no idea where the key is. She doesn't know either. I don't want to go out and buy more when I have perfectly good decorations already. I guess I may have to call a locksmith to cut the lock off. Another annoying thing for me to deal with.  :)

I didn't do much this weekend. Just the same old thing, laundry, grade papers, etc. I have been getting into the habit of eating very badly on the weekends. I figure if I am good during the week I can be bad on the weekend...How do you like that logic LOL!

Stay warm everyone and have a good evening!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2008, 11:51:01 pm »
Not much happening with me. I was in bed most of the day simply because I didn't have anything to do. There was nothing to do around the house. I did shovel because we got hit with about 5-6 inches too but that took me maybe 20 minutes tops. Later in the evening a friend stopped over briefly, that was the highlight of my day.

Betty--- Here's the story with the car. Originally it was my bff's father's car. When he died he wanted her son to have it. At first it was given to me but I couldn't afford it and my Caprice so I gave it back. My bff then had it moved to her mother's house where people then started taking parts off of it. It then ended up back with me because I had a driveway and no one could mess with it. Because I knew that it was my godson's car, as a present to him for graduation, I decided to get it up and running. Getting it fixed was my present to him but he can't get the car unless he graduates. I'd say I have put damn near 400 bucks in it to keep it running. Now that my godson messed it up, his father is suppose to be getting it fixed. His father even told me this out his own mouth. It was suppose to have gotten towed to a garage last Thursday but it didn't. The excuse was that he didn't get a chance to talk to the guy at the garage and he wanted to know about storage fees. He wasn't even aware of those fees until I mentioned it to him. But I also know that this is an added financial strain to him because he is literally busting his ass trying to maintain 2 different households----my bff's and his father since his wife died.

My bff is kind of frustrating me because she is trying to stay out of the situation and when I bring it up, she listens but really has nothing to say. I had warned her about this months ago. Considering that my godson does not have a job, he has no way of maintaining the car. And she is not going to do it unless it can get done for next to nothing. And should it break down once he gets it, the car is just going to sot or she is going to try to get it back in my driveway to avoid getting tickets. I have even come straight out and told her how much this is hindering me as far as getting to appointments or the grocery store. But all she says is that her bf will fix it when he can. It has been sitting almost a month now.

People that know the situation says I should just keep the car. And legally I could, everything is in my name already. I am at the point now that if I end up getting it fixed this time, I am not going to want to give it back. And when I tell her this, it will more than likely cause drama and may end our friendship.

Wini--- I know the feeling only too well....

I been wondering where Cindy has been too. I guess Ice has been keeping her busy. I hope she is doing better with her neck.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2008, 10:13:00 am »
Hi everyone-

Sweet C- Glad things are back to normal.  It is always fun to get the Christmas decorations, it's the taking them down that I can't stand.

Hi Win- Nice to see you!

Queen- Sounds like you have already gone above and beyond with the car situation by just keeping it in your driveway, never mind trying to get it fixed.  I am suprised your godson isn't doing everything he can to get the car on the road, seems like forever ago but, when I was younger I did everything I could to make sure I had a car on the road the day I was old enough.  We only got a dusting of snow here yesterday, it is cold as hell though.  I am not looking forward to this weather at all.  I love your mothers saying at the bottom of your posts- that is funny!

BT- Have you guys finished all the Wires yet? I wish that show was still on. The bread pudding turned out alright.  I got the recipe on-line and it didn't tell me what size pan to use so I just went by the one in the picture.  It ended up being really flat  and very un-pudding like :)

Viv- I can totally understand that logic sometimes I feel like I don't have much to enjoy these days so I mights well enjoy my food.  Don't you know anyone that can pick the lock for you?  Shoot, you could probably google it and figure it out yourself :)

Drag- How is going?  Hope you haven't been having anymore "gifts" left outside your door.

My oldest is home from school today.  We have an appt for 1:30, his throat looks awful.  I really hope he doesn't have strep again.  I was up really late last night watching TLC.  First I watched a new show called Wealth Hunters, where these people go look for descendants of people who have passed and left money that is unclaimed, somehow I know they will never be hunting me down.  Next, how the lottery changed my life 3, I still hope that some day I could be so lucky.  Then I watched this docu-movie called Dear Zachary and I cried my eyes out.  I don't know why but it still amazes me how much people suck.  I won't ruin it for you guys incase you happen to watch it but it makes me realize how much the justice system sucks....sometimes.
I hope you all have a good day!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2008, 10:48:40 am »
Morning ladies,

Sweet C, no, it doesn't matter who was infected first etc.  The important thing is that you're there for each other now.  Consider yourself blessed.

Wendy, I am so sorry about Justin.  That's got to be the greatest emotional pain in the world, to lose a child.  I can't even imagine.  {{HUG}}

Andrea, I would probably bust the lock if I were you instead of paying a locksmith.  One time, years ago, I accidentally locked my keys in my car.  It was when I was still with my 2nd husband.  We waited for a locksmith, figured it would cost too much, so my ex got a rock and we smashed one of the windows to get into the car.  I know, permanently damaged window; but, nothing some plastic wouldn't take care of.   Anyway, about eating on the weekends, I have the same philosophy. However mine is more if I'm good during the day, I can have some pie or something before I go to bed.  I totally understand the whole reward system with eating.

Queen, if your godson isn't trying to get the car fixed, and you've put all that work into it, then I would keep it.  At least until you can get something else and your godson becomes more responsible.  I hope it gets fixed soon.  I guess you're going to have to decide how important your friendship is.  Has she (your bff) been an exceptionally good friend?  Has she ever screwed you?  That would be a hard decision.  Good luck.

Snow, no, we haven't finished all the seasons of The Wire.  The one we just started on is, I believe, season 3.  (However, I could be wrong).  Anyway, it's the one where I started watching it when it was on HBO.  It was an excellent show, as good or maybe better than The Sopranos (though I've always been a Mafia fan).   I've watched ads for the show Dear Zachary and kind of know what it's about.  I've had too many things move me to tears lately; I don't know if I could take another one.

It's getting late and I haven't even eaten breakfast or taken a shower yet.  Oh well, I have all day.  I did a research paper yesterday, so I have one more to go, which is due next Thursday.  Tomorrow I'm going to the BMV to try to get this car "legal."  I'm worried, 'cause on the back of the title, there are two different names under the "seller's" part.  The car is titled to the husband.  Well, it's the wife's signature on the back, but the husband's printed name.  I don't know if the license branch will take that.  Maybe they will, being that they both have the same last name.  My insurance place did; but of course, they're not the BMV either.  Sometimes the license branch can be so particular and picky.  So, of course I'm terribly worried about that. 

I'm going to try to get my grandkid's X-mas presents today.  They're not getting as much as they usually do and I'm going to look for bargains.  Other than that, I have nothing else planned.  So, I guess it's not tragic that I'm not dressed yet.  Other than if someone comes to the door.    You ladies have a good day.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2008, 08:42:06 pm »
Queen- What a pain that car is. It seems like you are paying an awful lot for something you hardly even get to use...

Snow- How old is your eldest? I like that TLC channel. I watch "Little People, Big World" I am a sucker for reality shows.  ;D

Betty- Is it called BMV? Out here it's called DMV...how funny! The worst people in the world seem to work there. It's like they have no happiness and move so slow! Good luck with all that. I LOVE giving gifts and it's really hard on me when I can't give the way I want. I just love it when I can find the perfect item for someone. I can't spend the way I used to and that makes me sad... :'(

Nothing else going on...Is it Friday yet? I was so tired this morning when I got to work and it was so cold today! That's about all to report. Oh, my crazy neighbor is gone...YAY! I think I mentioned the letter that was left asking information about that unit? Well anyways...his cars have been gone and there is a note in the window from the realtor requestion people call him if they want to get in. I think he left some stuff in there though. I so want to get the information. I just know that there is no more banging!  :) :)

Have a good night!

tendai

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2008, 01:55:10 am »
hey ladies

guess who had a great weekend.  i went to see mr out-of-town on friday. basically we just hung out and watched dvds and "stuff". it was great to get out of harare for a while.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2008, 06:54:12 am »
Morning ladies,

Andrea, yeah, it's the BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles).  I haven't been there since they updated their whole system.  I hear people move through pretty fast now.  It's been about 6 or 7 months I think since they've changed things.  I haven't been there because I renewed my registration (for my old car) online.   And you know what?  Not many people can spend for Christmas like they used to.  This has been a hard year for everyone (except the filthy rich).    I'm glad your pesky neighbor is gone.  Do you know what the last straw was? 

Tendai, congratulations!  I'm glad someone's getting laid (I think maybe you did?).

Today I'm going to the BMV.  I'm so nervous about it.  I have a feeling there's a lien against the car.  On the front of the title, it has two liens on it, one from a creditor, one from the state of Indiana.  The state has signed off with their "stamp." and where the creditor is listed, is has one signature on it, but no date.  I asked my bff last night if I should put in a date, and she said "no," 'cause if it's in the BMV's system, and the date on the title is different than the one they have, they would know I was screwing around with the title.  So, I'm leaving it; we'll see what happens. 

A friend of mine has two bald tires on her car.  She lives in an apartment complex where she has to go up a hill to get to her apartment, and with the snow and ice, she can't do that with her tires.  I told her I would lend her the $ to get retreads.  We'll see how that goes.  She's on disability also, not for HIV (she's negative), but I think for being bipolar.  She gets a tad more than I do in her check, but she's usually always broke.  I think the difference is that before she went on disability, she never had to struggle to make ends meet.  So for people like that I know it's harder to get used to.  When my daughter (who is now 24) was little, I was on welfare, so I have a little more experience.

Other than that, nothing else planned.  I need to clean pretty soon (hopefully tomorrow) and make the fudge I'm going to attempt to make before I head out on the 21st.  I hope all you ladies have a good day.

Offline mahalia

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2008, 07:11:45 am »
hahaha, "stuff" Tendai?!glad u had a gud one.

ma weekend was not so bad, spent sat nite at ma boyfriends...we fought over the issue sunday and yesterday, he's told me veri clearly that he does not want me to ask me about that again! so just for peace sake i wont mention it again but its of course not going to be easy. and u know i've just got to remember from this how strong we women are...we take responsibility over our status and do something about it, even though its not easy but atleast there is an attempt to do something and better ur life, i wish our men wud respond the same way...to every woman here: U R STRONG...

have some bit of work to do, might check in later.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2008, 11:52:33 am »
I personally wouldn't have anything to do with a man who did not take responsibility with his status and take care of him and his life in a good way.

I shopped around on Ebay earlier. Looking for dolls. I placed bids on 3 of them. Dont know if I will win the bid but I'm not terribly concerned about it. If I get them I get them, if not I'll find something else.
I'm not counting on it but they would be nice to give as gifts to Haley and my son's girl friend has a daughter too. 
One of the dolls is a boy. If I get it I'll give it to my nephew. It will be interesting to see if the parents react negatively to a boy getting a doll as a gift. LOL
My boys played with dolls. I dont think it is a big deal. It teaches them to nurture.
I dont get why some people feel a boy is demasculinised by playing with dolls.  They play with action figures. Same difference as far as I am concerned. With a boy everything is a potential play gun, even a doll.
My brother always gave my kids loud noisy toys cause he knows they would love them and I would hate them. Its not a mean thing really just a ha ha thing.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2008, 05:47:55 pm »
BT- How did things go with the car today?  I think it all depends on the clerk you get, it seems some notice more than others.  I hope it went through OK.  My oldest son was in my room with me the other day watching TV and I was on the computer, out of the blue he asked me if I had "daddy beadys" I said, "HUH?"  SO he tried to pronounce it again, I wasn't really paying attention to the TV, they had just had a commercial on about diabetes and he wanted to know if I had it.

Win- I have been doing shopping on ebay too, trying to find the bargains.  I usually watch the item until the last minute and place a bid then.  I don't really understand what the difference is between a doll and a stuffed animal.

Mahalia- Just as long as he doesn't make you sick somehow.

Viv- Good riddance to your crazy neighbor! :)  My oldest is 10 and the 3some is 5.

I went to the ladies house I help out every now and then and "stuffed" her Christmas trees.  Compared to her 2 trees my tree looks like a Charlie Brown tree, hers are packed with ornaments and all kinds of stuff.  It is getting really cold here, I am not looking forward to the snow.

Hope everyone has a good night!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2008, 06:08:04 pm »
I have no clue how you northern ladies deal with the cold. I know you will laugh but I'm freezing my ass off and it is 40 degrees outside. I swear I'd keel over and die if I had to live where it snowed. LOL
The three dolls I bidded on are plush like stuffed animals.

I have a couple of pictures for you all. Me and Haley at Thanksgiving and my Christmas tree.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2008, 06:37:56 pm »
Win- LOL! I wish I could sit outside on Thanksgiving.  Nice tree and cute pic with Haley!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2008, 07:07:13 pm »
I meant to add-
I was reading the job postings and they are looking for people for a photo shoot in NYC.
African American women and African American and Caucasian men, pay looks pretty good, 2 different shoots, one for people on Atripla and the other doesn't matter.

Too bad they don't want any white girls, that would be a good coming out for me!! ;D

Maybe I should have said dumb blondes, I had to use spell check to write Caucasian and miss-spelled Amercian twice. HELLO!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2008, 07:09:59 pm »
Hell the people that will see the ads likely are positive anyway. I'm not on Atripla but it sounds like it would be something to consider if I where a black lady.  ;)

Offline netta

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2008, 08:17:11 pm »
Just want to say hello. I have been in bed for 2 days resting. My body has taken a wippin, all the hustle and bustle of Thanksgiving, moving, the play and all the company I had. things are quiet on the home front and I am back on my meds, which i have missed for about 2 weeks. I know, my bad. everytime i get real busy, I  forget to take them. I am ok, getting back to norm. Was feeling a little depressed over the holidays thinking of my nephew and his young cuz that got killed. But I have much to be thankful for. my colesterol is high and the doc put me on meds agian. my arthritis is acting up, but the weather is mostly calm. we never have snow in Georgia. Well rarely.Hope everyone is fine.
Queen, i am praying for your son, that God protect him. don't give up on him. my other nephew is serving time also. If he can get into a work program that would help.
Winn- ur grand baby is so pretty and u look good.
Betty- I hope ur car works out.
I just found out I am overdrawn on my checking account, which is strange to me ,cause I only use my debit card, and don't know why it let me purchase things if I didn't have enough in my account???? go figure! anyway the bank will have to wait thill I get the money to cover it.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline netta

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2008, 08:19:32 pm »
Just want to say hello. I have been in bed for 2 days resting. My body has taken a wippin, all the hustle and bustle of Thanksgiving, moving, the play and all the company I had. things are quiet on the home front and I am back on my meds, which i have missed for about 2 weeks. I know, my bad. everytime i get real busy, I  forget to take them. I am ok, getting back to norm. Was feeling a little depressed over the weekend,thinking of my nephew and his young cuz that got killed. But I have much to be thankful for. my colesterol is high and the doc put me on meds agian. my arthritis is acting up, but the weather is mostly calm. we never have snow in Georgia. Well rarely.Hope everyone is fine.
tendai- u go girl
Queen, i am praying for your son, that God protect him. don't give up on him. my other nephew is serving time also. He did not have to do all his time,half I think. If he can get into a work program that would help.
Winn- ur grand baby is so pretty
Betty- I hope the car works out

Winn- ur grand baby is so pretty and u look good.
Betty- I hope ur car works out.
I just found out I am overdrawn on my checking account, which is strange to me ,cause I only use my debit card, and don't know why it let me purchase things if I didn't have enough in my account???? go figure! anyway the bank will have to wait thill I get the money to cover it.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:24:33 pm by netta »

Offline netta

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2008, 08:32:49 pm »
excuse the mixup !!!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2008, 09:48:58 pm »
Thank you Netta.

I purchased a few movies for the children in the family. There are only three to shop for thankfully. I got the girls the same movie. Its a double feature with The secret of Nimh and Thumbellina. And they both got a small ABC Dr Seuss book. For my nephew I got a movie with six small cartoons. One is Ricki Tikki Tavi, I cant recall the names of the others and a small coloring book.
All the little kids in our mixed family are under the age of 5. So shopping for them is easy.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2008, 10:33:44 pm »
Win...LOL! You worry about saying you're cold when it's 40 degrees...I'm cold when it gets to 70! I've been wearing my scarves to work. It's supposed to be close to 80 on Thursday... :)

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2008, 10:45:25 pm »
Viv- Stop playing....70? LOL!  I am still in shorts when it is 60 to 70. How hot is it there in the summer? You are too funny! Oh, yeah. I am a sucker for reality shows too.  I like all the crime ones though.

Netta-   We need to get you one of those watches that has an alarm on it, to remind you to take your meds.  Don't jinx yourself, the way the weather is acting, you might get snow this year  :-\

Offline vivyt

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2008, 08:24:02 am »
Snow-I'm in Southern California so the weather is pretty nice all the time. They say you can tell the difference between a tourist and a native because during the "winter" the tourist is in shorts and T-shirts and the native is bundled like it's below zero...LOL!

Well all is quite around here. I have the rest of this week and next week before winter break. I have a very difficult time not being at work. When I don't have a lot to do I tend to think about things I've been pushing down. This has been a topic my therapist and I have been talking about for quite some time. I'm kind of dreading it...

Betty-So...how did it go with the car?

Wendy- Books are always a good gift. Every year I give my students books.

Netta- Um...yeah....I bet you're sore! LOL!

Well that's all for now. Gotta finish my coffee and get going.

tendai

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2008, 08:35:06 am »
betty - yes i did!
netta - i hope u feel better soon
snow - daddy beadys - too funny!
mahalia - that man better not do anything to harm your health hey with his denial. stay safe
viv- i thoght u'd be thrilled to be away from work for a while..

our reserve bank gvernor has to be an idiot. he releases all this new money in high denominations and no smaller notes so people cant get change from anywhere so prices are just shooting up so people dont get any change. imagine a loaf of bread going for $50million.

Offline mahalia

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2008, 09:34:36 am »
ladies, i think i reli like my job...except when m doing the other boring stuff

well the thing with ma man is he takes good care of himself, eats well, takes supplements, goes to the doc when he is sick its just the monitoring that he does not want to do!!!(if i were not in the office i would scream...)

who's read Audicity of Hope? i wanna get it for ma man for a xmas gift...and m just not sure what to get ma galfriends with a limited budget and there's bout 10 of them, excluding family!

have a great evening...

guys where's MOM?i havent seen her posts in a while...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2008, 09:56:16 am »
Morning ladies,

Wow, there was a lot of action yesterday.

Mahalia, that's good your boyfriend takes care of himself.  I personally haven't read Audacity of Hope, but I did read another one of Obama's books, and for the life of me, I can't think of the title.  It was (something) of Change, or somesuch.  Oh, I think Mum is taking a break for awhile from the forums.

Wendy, I love the picture of you and Haley.  I agree with Andrea, books are always good presents.   It's always good to get a kid's mind working.

Snow, I'd like to be a model for one of those ads, but I'm older (43), blonde (dyed, though), and I have a lipo gut (protruding) and legs (very thin).  If they wanted to do a reality ad, maybe I'd get the job. ;)

Netta, they do have pillboxes with alarms, maybe you should invest in one.  I just wouldn't want you to get sick.  About the debit card, sometimes it takes 48-72 hours for a purchase to clear, so the money is still in the account.  But, when that purchase clears, the account will be short.  I don't know if that makes sense or not. 

Andrea, you must be kidding-you're wearing a scarf when it's 72 out?!  Wow.  It's 23 here right now.  You'd survive if you lived up here; it's just a matter of adjustment.  I will say, I'm looking forward to getting out of the cold in a week and 1/2 when I go to Phoenix.

Tendai, I don't know how much 50 mill is in U.S. dollars, but I think it's just ridiculous that they raise prices every day and you all don't know how much your money will be worth.  It's criminal.

One of the car's lien releases was signed, but it wasn't dated.  So, one of the BMV's I went to yesterday told me I'd have to get it dated.  So, I walked out of that BMV, got into my car, dated it and went to the other BMV.  Everything turned out alright.  I knew a lady working at the 2nd BMV I went to, and we were having a good conversation while the lady attending to my title put everything through (that may have helped, that I knew someone there).  But then.......

I got home, got into my "new" car, and started driving it.  It's a 5-speed.  When I got a few blocks away, when I stepped on the brake, it revved up, like I was shifting it (can you picture that).  And it kept doing it every time I stepped on the brake.  So, I drove home and called my mechanic.  It's at their garage right now and is going to cost at least $500 to fix.  It might be more if they find anything else wrong with it.  There's some hose that's rotted out, and a bad exhaust leak, so they can't put it on the diagnostic machine right now, because of fumes getting into the garage, even with a hose on the exhaust.  That's why they might find out more things wrong with it when they're done with what they're going to do now (if the diagnostic machine finds more wrong).  I also told the guy to have them change the oil (they're actually cheaper than Jiffy Lube).  I can't really be angry at the guy who sold it to me (who is a car dealer, go figure).  He's just doing what he knows how to do.  I'm just pissed that I let myself get taken.  Oh well, live and learn. 

I've been getting real tired really easy lately.  I noticed on my past three blooddraws that my red blood cells have been low.  Not extremely low, but low.  So, I was looking on this site's med lessons, and one of the meds I'm on (Trizivir) can fuck with bone marrow, making red blood cell's low.  There is really no other reason I should be getting so tired so easily.  I see my doctor next week, and I will bring this up.

Only a week and a half and I leave for Phoenix to see my sister.  I'll actually be able to get out of the cold for a couple weeks.  I'm going to fly from my town (South Bend, IN) to Detroit, then onto Phoenix.  I hope it's not snowing bad here or in Detroit, or I'll be delayed and that would suck.  Other than that, not anything else exciting going on.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2008, 02:03:18 pm »
Billy will turn the thermostat to 69 and be comfortable most often. Mean while I'm wearing layers in the house cause I'm cold LOL

If it is below 72 degrees I am uncomfortable. The thermostat is at 72 right now and my hands are still so cold they are purple.  :D

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2008, 04:07:18 pm »
Hey Ladies,

Just popping in. I see the boards have been a little busy.

BT- I'm glad the car thing went okay. I'm supposed to be getting a new one today or tomorrow. School is going good. I have 5 more classes and i'm done. I have really gotten to the point where i'm just tried of doing homework.

Win- I live in Mississippi and I know how it is for it to be 40 outside and be freezing. I have been shopping on ebay a lot myself. I got most of my things for my wedding there. I bidded on a college book yesterday and won.

Andrea= PPL would think i was crazy walking around in 70 degree weather with a scarf on unless I had the flu.

Snow- How are you>> How is SO, Im so loving my new blackberry. I think im getting spoiled by it.

Ten- Hey Girly, you getting some. LOL

I not feeling to good, I seem to be tired all the time. I know im not pregnant. I haven't had my flu shot. I need to try to schedule one. Well I was just checking in. I will holla back later.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2008, 09:22:41 pm »
Ok, ok...I'm catching a lot of flack for the scarf LOL! This morning it was about 74 but when I leave in the morning it's in the 50's...cold! Also, the air conditioner in the classroom is kind of crazy and it gets really cold. The kids ALWAYS bring jackets to put on when the air kicks in. We adapt! Since I'm in the room most of the day I dress for that.

Keeping- I hope you feel better

Betty- I'm glad everything went well at the BMV. It does totally suck about the repair though. Do you have a lemon law or anything like that in Indiana?

Wendy- You know what I'm talking about!  ;)

Mahalia- So your boyfriend is positive? I probably missed something. How does he explain taking care of himself in one way but not the other?

Tendai- It's always something, isn't it. Take care of yourself.

Wish- I forgot to say earlier how funny that was about what your son said. I can relate, the kids say the craziest things.

It's almost Friday! :) Have a good night.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2008, 08:14:22 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, you definitely wouldn't like to vacation up here in the North during October to the end of March.  I remember being in Phoenix years ago, and how it would be hot during the day and pretty chilly at night.  I don't know how Texas is.

Keeping, I only have 5 classes also!  You and I are on the same wavelength when it comes to school.  Yeah, I'm really tired of homework.  Only one week to go, then we get a break.  I have a lot of homework to do between now and then though.  I hope you get to feeling better.

Andrea, I don't know if Indiana has a lemon law or not.  But, it doesn't matter, I've had them put the repairs on the car.   Yesterday, after the repairs, the mechanic said it's a good car and should last me for a long time (we'll see about that).  He said what happened was normal wear for the car.   Where I go to college, it's always colder in the rooms than in the other parts, like the student lounge etc.  I don't know why that is.  Last night I tried messing with the thermostat in the room to turn the heat up, but they must have it locked on 70 or something. 

My teacher last night was telling us about being married to a South Bend cop before, how lazy they (the South Bend cops) are etc.  She talked about going back to school and getting her graduate degree while trying to raise her four kids.  I said "so, you were a single parent when you got your master's?"  She said "yep."  I told her how admirable I thought that was.  It couldn't have been easy.

Today I have tons of homework to do.  Yesterday I thought I only had one more research paper to do, but last night my teacher gave us more homework.  So, I'm going to try to get that done today, so tomorrow, when I take my car to get the oil changed, I can head to the library after to try to find a couple book sources for my research paper for my Human Sexuality class.  I'm going to do it on the advantages of legalized prostitution.  My professor for that class said he doesn't want us getting all our sources from off the internet.  Too bad, that's so much easier. 

Other than that, my therapist comes and I have class tonight.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2008, 10:08:40 am »
It is 37 degrees right now.

Texas is usually anywhere between 30 and 70 degrees during the winter. It does get colder and warmer those are just average temperatures. It can be 30 in the morning and 70 in the afternoon but it could just stay cold.
In the spring we get rains usually and the temperatures are 70 to 85 typically.
In early summer it is between 80 and 95 usually. In late summer it is most often 95 to 110 outside.
Late summers most places have water restrictions and drought conditions. Meaning you can only water your lawn between certain hours on certain days of the week and some places restrict car washing.

We don't really get snow. It may snow up to 3 inches but it is usually melted by the next day. We have more trouble with ice on the road than snow and people down here usually cant drive well in icy conditions.
We had maybe 5 - 10 minutes of sleet the other night but there was no accumulation of it on the road and no sign of it by morning.

Offline netta

« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2008, 12:29:36 am »
OH HELL, The honeymoon is really over now. i couldn't sleep so I went to my new bar with all my new holiday liquor, and found out  that bastard navyman drank some of my liquor that I had noteven opened and he drank half the bottles !!!!! I was so pissed, cause I don't drink that often, (this liqour will last me about a year). I only had one,1 margurita Thanksgiving and half the bottle of Tequela is gone!!!! along with my Absolute and Seagrams gin! all half gone !!!! yep u bet I called and woke him up at 4;00am this morning !!!! I told him he was an alcoholic !!! and he needed help !!!Mind you He had a whole bottle of sctoch he drank up since he was here!!!! I can't win for losing... I get all the alcoholics !!!!besides this, he is ok, but I don't want no alcoholic, been there done that. lol. do u think I am being too harsh????.
Snow- How much is that job payingin New York???
Oh hope everyone is fine, just had to vent. luv netta
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:31:42 am by netta »

Offline netta

« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2008, 12:34:24 am »

OH HELL, The honeymoon is really over now. i couldn't sleep so I went to my new bar with all my new holiday liquor, and found out  that bastard navyman drank some of my liquor that I had not even opened and he drank half the bottles !!!!! I was so pissed, cause I don't drink that often,I bought 200.00 worth, some 0f everything , good wine and all. Mostly when I have company.(this liqour will last me about a year). I only had one,1 margurita Thanksgiving and half the bottle of Tequela is gone!!!! along with my Absolute and Seagrams gin! all half gone !!!! yep u bet I called and woke him up at 4;00am this morning !!!! I told him he was an alcoholic !!! and he needed help !!!Mind you He had a whole bottle of sctoch he drank up since he was here!!!! I can't win for losing... I get all the alcoholics !!!!besides this, he is ok, but I don't want no alcoholic, been there done that. lol. do u think I am being too harsh????. excuse my spelling.Snow- How much is that job payingin New York???
Oh hope everyone is fine, just had to vent. luv netta
[/quote]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:52:13 am by netta »

tendai

« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2008, 03:12:03 am »
netta - i dont think you're being harsh at all, he definately needs help. i'd be very pissed off too if someone helps themselves to my stuff like that.  oh well, they can never be perfect

wendy - when i think "texas' i think of Dallas and how hot it looked on their ranch. i thought it was blazing hot all year round..

viv - u're like me i'd rather have something warm then take it off than leave warm clothes then freeze

betty - sounds like a lot of homework you got, sure dont envy you there. when do you finish again?

today really doesnt feel like a friday, im way tired after having these strange dreams last night wish i could go home and sleep. no major plans for the weekend here, think i'll just go see my nephew i miss him

Offline mahalia

« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2008, 06:16:28 am »
viv- remember the topic has been closed for discussion, so m not asking anything. hope one day before its too late he'll take better care of himself.

netta- that's not even showing respect, u r not being harsh its totally fine! thats a little rude to me.

we having a xmas party thsi evening at the office, hope it'll be fun. we have been given characters to fress up as so its just ben a hassle trying to find what to wear becoz the character i picked is nothing like me at all, maybe along netta (from your pic...) and we also xchanging xmas gifts...

well ladies u have a good one...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2008, 06:54:10 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, I lived in Alabama for awhile and the weather there sounds like the weather you have.  They would usually get ice instead of snow, then the whole town would shut down (as they would if there was any snow).  The temp here right now is 23F and it's supposed to drop throughout the day.

Netta, if he didn't ask you, he shouldn't have taken the liquor.  That was an awful lot to drink in just a short time frame.  I wouldn't want an alcoholic either.  Been with a few, don't want to do it again.

Tendai, I finish school, provided I pass everything, in May.  I read a little in the New York Times today about the cholera outbreak there.  It was actually a quote from a boy who had lost 5 siblings to it. 

Mahalia, I hope you have a good party.  Sounds nice to break up the monotony of the office. 

Later this morning I take my car in for an oil change.  They have to replace a bulb somewhere in the front and I'm going to have them check the washers (on the wipers).  We really need the washers during the winter.  It might be frozen, and I don't think there's anything they can do to unthaw them, so I might have to wait until they thaw out themselves when it gets warmer.  After they change the oil, I will get the grand total of the bill and I'll have the work order, so I'll know exactly what was wrong. 

Yesterday I got my homework done for my forensic psych class (which was two papers and a final).  All I have left is a research paper for my human sexuality class and I'm dreading it.  I don't really know why either; it's not like I've never done a research paper.  We have to present them to the class, maybe that's what I'm dreading.  For my forensic psych class we all had to take a chapter out of the book and teach it to the class.  I picked (of course) the chapter on drugs (I think I already talked about this) and this coming Wednesday it is my turn.  I'm a bit nervous.  I've talked in front of classes before, but for some reason I'm nervous about it this grading period.  I guess I'll just have to let it go.

There are some people who haven't been on lately-Queen, Cin, Wish is only on once in awhile, and where has Drag been?  Queen and Drag usually check in every day.  Ladies, if you're reading, let us know how you all are.  Just my worry-wart mind.  Anyway, I hope you ladies have a good day.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2008, 08:40:26 am »
Mahalia- I'm not sure what you are referring to. What topic? Did you confuse me with someone else?  :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.