Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:37:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 257
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 258
Total: 258

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: K-Pax  (Read 7008 times)

Offline cmhjeff

K-Pax
« on: November 08, 2006, 04:34:24 pm »
Is anyone familiar with this product? It's been a topic of discussion on the PML Survivor site and seems to be helping a few of the members there.
http://www.k-pax.us/

Offline Cliff

Re: K-Pax
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 04:52:29 pm »
Yes.  And they are expensive.  Best to find out what they put in it and go to your local drug store and get it for a much cheaper price.

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 06:06:29 pm »
Hi guys,

KPAX have been discussed previously here:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=1745.0

hope this helps

Pat

People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 08:33:47 pm »
Hello Jeff,

I think you can do much better, price wise, shopping around. I never spent 120.00 a month on vitamins/and or supplements, and I have been taking them for years.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 11:40:22 am »
Thanks gang! All I could think about was that saying if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt but that's just to much money for me. Lucky New Yorkers who can get it covered by ADAP. Pat - thanks for posting the other link I've read through it all. We know a GNC store owner here in town and think we'll stop in to see him to hear his suggestions as to what I could add and then run that by my doctor in December.
Jeff

Offline Morton Salt

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 10:33:35 pm »
I just got back from K-PAX.  It's a wonderful planet.

~Morton

Offline suzieque

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 03:43:33 am »
 Hi,
    I recently started taking the K-PAX vitamins and feel great, much better energy than before. To me they are worth it.

Offline AtomicA

• that's Famous with an F
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 03:20:06 pm »
My mom found K-Pax through some online searches and was dam determined to start me on it, I've been taking it since i started meds 2 months ago. I don'tk now what vitamin prices are like in the states (we have to get this stuff express posted to Calgary and pay in US dollars so it's even more expensive up here) but alot of the stuff that's in the K-Pax like N-acetyl cysteine, acetyl L-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid, glutamine and the B complexes were stuff that I was taking individually before and each one of those bottles on their own ran between 60-80 bucks for a months supply. The alpha lipoic acid in particular was pricey if you wanted to be sure you were getting the biologically useful form of the molecule and not one of it's stereo isomers that your body won't recognize. On the multi-vitamin end I'm sure you could find something cheaper but from what I've been researching and what my mom tells me - who by the way was diagnosed with chronic progressive multiple sclerosis and was given a maximum of 10 years to live 26 years ago... she did it all through supplementation excercise and vitamins - the amino acids and trace micro-nutrients that you won't find in a multi-vitamin might actually be the most important part. I'm not sure if it was all the drugs or the K-Pax helping but in one month my VL went undetecatble and my CD4 count was up by nearly 200. I also know that I ran out last week for 3 days and I felt like ass.
one thing you might want to try as well that Dr. Kaiser (the guy who developed K-Pax) didn't think was financially realistic to put in to K-Pax was Co-enzyme Q10, which has apparently had some success on preventing some of the mitochondrial oxidation that the drugs cause.

Offline NightmareHall

• Out for a Sunday drive to Zeta Reticuli
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 07:34:00 pm »
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 11:05:31 am by NightmareHall »

Offline AtomicA

• that's Famous with an F
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 01:56:47 am »
who notices the benefits of K-pax will probably depend highly on what minerals. vitamins and pro-biotics are missing or at low levels in that persons system. So, like all things HIV, the effectiveness will vary for person to person. All I can say is that I love them! Having pee the color of highlighter markers is always a conversation starter...  ;)

Offline catwoman

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 02:13:17 am »
I've been taking it and I definitely notice a difference.  My mom had ordered it for me after we both read about it.  I grew up always taking a multi vitamin and I do believe in the benefits of vitamin therapy.  I've been taking it about 4 or 5 months now and I really liked it.  The first difference I noticed was a definite decrease in the diarrhea I was having.  I take Kaletra/Truvada.  I also notice my energy levels are higher.  My skin is doing great and my hair has been growing like crazy and back to its old thickness.  When I first started taking it, I was not very regimented and I would forget.  That's when I noticed the effect on the diarrhea.  My tests have all been very normal and my doctor is pleased.  She knows I'm taking this supplement.  I wouldn't knock it until I give it a good hard try.  We have no choice.  It's not cheap but nothing in life is free.  If you live in NY it is covered by ADAP if you qualify.  To me, that says a lot because the state is not going to pay for snake oil.  Especially expensive NY.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.