Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:31:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 231
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Im new here! :}  (Read 13177 times)

Offline Fky

Im new here! :}
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:16:35 pm »
Just wanted to introduce myself. Im Karla, I have been + for 17 years now. I have been in and out of hiv/aids chatrooms for the past few years , I did not know this was here!I think its FABULOUS that not only is there a forum for us as + people, but for women!! Woohoo! I tried the group support, but I was always the ONLY woman there! Hope to meet some new friends here & learn some new things :}
Where am I and why am I in this handbasket?!

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
Re: Im new here! :}
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:27:49 pm »
Welcome to the forums, Fky :)

I'm one of the quiet ones, but I do check here every day.

I was diagnosed 13 years ago, and lost my husband nearly two years ago as a result of this disease. I have a 14 year old daughter (she's negative) who just celebrated her birthday yesterday :)

Looking forward to hearing from you more!
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline Fky

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 08:32:15 pm »
Thanks for the fast reply, Iz! Im sorry about your hubby.  :(  I have an 11 yr old son (neg, too). Ive been married for a little over a year now, we met in an hiv chatroom of all places. Hope youre not TOO quiet, its nice to be able to talk to someone in my shoes, ya know? Alot of friends & coworkers still dont know my status, and my family...well, dysfunction-junction  lol
Where am I and why am I in this handbasket?!

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 08:41:35 pm »
Hello Karla and Welcome! Approaching the four-year mark. I post periodically. Check in daily. Have found the site to be a resource for new information, relevant social contact and humor which I need as much as air. Em

Offline apple

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 10:13:57 pm »
Welcome FKY, this is a great place to keep one's sanity here. You always meet someone who has been in your situation before, or if mot, people are always ready to give you good advise and a shoulder to cry on. I started taking my meds in 2002, but I am not sure when I got infected. I joined the forum in 2004 and have found it to be the best support group that I can ever have although once in a while I get too busy to post or browse through, but the fact that it is there gives me tremendous comfort! :)

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 11:43:19 pm »
Welcome to the Forums,Karla.. I am Cristy , have been around since about Nov. 2005. This is a really great place with lots of wonderful people.  Hop[e you enjoy.  Cristy

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 06:50:04 am »
Thanks, Karla :) I'm here often, and post where I can and feel helpful.

It's funny you mention how you and your husband met in a chat room. I'm dating again, and met my current boyfriend on an HIV dating site. He's an awesome guy and am really enjoying him.

And as far as dysfunctional families, hahaha, I'm with you there, Babe!! But my entire family knows my status, even the ones who live in Backwoods, USA.

Again, welcome here :)
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline camille07

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 09:40:09 am »
Hi Karla-

I'm a newbie to the site and tested poz for about 1.5 years.  I never joined a forum before this one, and I find it to be a great place of support and information.

Welcome!

Cammie

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 10:25:18 am »
Hi Karla,

Welcome to the forums. I have been poz for 19yrs.now. I am doing great with good counts. I have been taking meds for 10 yrs. now. I am glad you found this place. Most of the people on here are great.Its like a big family around here. If you have a question or a problem someone on here can help. I don't post a lot or respond to a lot of post but i am on here most every day. I know how you feel about telling people about being poz. It took me a few yrs. before i told people. I now tell and it is ok. Some have walked away but then that is their problem. Most of my friends stayed and are fine with it. My family is wonderful about it and very suported. I hope you stay around and meet some great friends.

Wendy

Offline ubotts

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 01:49:23 am »
Well hello girlfriend..Nice to meet you ..come get acquainted with all of us and we will learn from one another..
Ive been hiv for 20 yrs..Had many ups and downs, but iam still here and living
life..If you ever feel the need to talk. email me personally..Iam not shy at all.
and love to meet others in my same situation..
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 01:58:00 am »
Hi Karla

Welcome to the forums.

I'm Jan, (aka Anniebc..after my beautiful bordercollie girl Annie)

I was diagnosed in 2002 I have been a member here since 2003..don't be shy in coming forward with any questions or stories you have to share..we are not a bad bunch here...we tend to grow on people... eventually.. ;)

Look forward to hearing more from you so I hope you hang around.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 12:49:27 am »
Hi Karla,

I'm Cindy in Maryland, 37 years old, too.  I have been pos since '93 and lost a husband to the disease in '96.  I just started reading and posting here last week myself.  The women here are hilarious, supportive and real.  I am so discouraged that suburbia right outside of Wash DC where I live doesn't have more support networks for people like us.  So, I turned here, and I have laughed and cried a lot reading the posts here over the past week.  Its been a really good, healthy experience for me!  Thanks for saying Hello to all of us!   ;D
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 10:55:16 am »
Hi Karla,
I am new to this website as well, just started a few days ago actually. I know what you are going through when I first found out I was 17 (this was 1995) and I was the only women in the doctors office, as well as the support groups. I went to a few hetro support groups but I was the youngest, and all the guys were really creapy.
So I'm really glad to have found this site, hope to be good friends.
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline tigger2376

• too bad to die youngish!
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 07:35:58 pm »
Well Hi to everyone new, its good that you've found us!  I'm Jo, from London UK, diagnosed 7 yrs. Live with (negative) boyfriend, on meds, in rude health but very fat due to their side effects! Known to have a warped view of life, But my shoulder is always here for those in need
Welcome to 'the family'
These guys keep me (relatively) sane ;D
I know i'm going to enjoy the party in the afterlife, but do you all mind that I'm going to be VERY late!!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 09:52:15 pm »
Here's a shout-out to everyone who's new to these wonderful forums!  My name is Betty, I've been positive since 1989 (diagnosed).  I will get the results of my latest bloodwork Monday, but the last ones were good.  This is a great place of support. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 10:01:25 pm »
It is good to see the new faces. so to speak. Welcome to the forums ladies. I'm glad you found us. This site is a great place to learn things and to see that there are people here that may share the same problems or has experienced something that you may be going through.

As for myself, I have been here since last October and have been poz going on 10 years this year without meds so far. I like to laugh and you may read some of my posts and think I've gone mad. I promise you I haven't, I just try to make people smile. Welcome...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.