Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:16:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 345
Total: 347

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Banned  (Read 46984 times)

Offline Illusion22

Re: Question,,?
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2006, 10:14:00 pm »
anyone?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2006, 10:19:12 pm »
You didn't need a test to begin with.

Offline Illusion22

UPDATE!!
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2006, 10:35:41 pm »
Well yes yes i know you experts r gonna say '' You didnt need to test to begin with!!'' lol:) but it was for my final peace of mind. Got my letter from the blood donor community center seems iam part of the rare blood donor types  because i have some special type of red blood cell and my blood was all clear for various things including HIV with the NAT test finally i can put this behind me well now i know better no more blowjobs from anyone!!! but my fiancee! God bless everyone!!!:)

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2006, 11:33:15 pm »
Glad you finally got some closure. Be safe.
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2006, 11:16:35 am »
Thanks!:-) i guess you guys knew it all along huh? but i think its the fear and guilty conscience that makes us feel this way and bring up all the what ifs and buts.I prolly didnt need the NAT  but that was the only way of being suree being that it shrinks the window period from 3 months to 12 days!  im at about 56 days right now almost 60 well good luck everyone else and God bless.

Offline Illusion22

Ann..
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2006, 03:23:45 am »
Hello Ann sorry to bug you i  just wanted to ask you something umm as far as Hep C..should i be worried frm that blowjob i received in 0ct 21, 2006??. I havent had sex with anyone besides my girlfriend since about late may early june of 2006. The only thing i did was receive that damn blowjob. I just donated on the 11th i believe of Dec 2006, which was a little over 50 days since that incident and they screened me with the NAT for HIv.HCV. and other things. Even before that i also screened at my physicians clinic for all stds all was negative. I received a letter from them(Blood center) thanking me for donating that every went well and for me to donate again in the future. Your thoughts please i know this is an HIV forum but i know you have some overall knowledge as well as other members on HCV thanks:) God bless.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2006, 07:37:38 am »
Illusion,

Getting a blowjob is absolutely NOT a risk for hepatitis of any description.

You may be putting yourself at risk for the following things when someone sucks your penis. Herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea and more rarely, chlamydia or non-specific urethritis.

You are NOT at risk for hiv or hep C.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2006, 09:38:54 am »
Ohhh ok thnx a bunch Ann man you're always so helpful. Well as far as the ones you mentioned ive gotten checked out for them and im A ok thnkkkkkss:)

Offline Illusion22

Got kinda scared...Ann.HivWorker
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2006, 08:28:11 pm »
Well i already got tested post 6 weeks with antibody tests and PCR at 16 post. Plus my recent NAT test at like 55 days post exposure. Yeap i know  you guys are gonna say blowjob wasnt a risk. My gf is pregnant she got a cold well they told her its upper respiratory infection in other words a cold. I been taking care of her in my house since shes pregnant she got a sore throat,headache,stuffy nose. They did a swab on her for thrush it was negative. Well the reason i wanted to share this with you gys was because she gave it to me now and i got the same things she got except i also have 100deg fever thats the highest its gone now its at like 99.6. Stuffy nose,headache,sore throat doesnt hurt wen i swallow or anything but kinda bugs. I got spooked i mean now this is to HIVWORKER you said HIV doesn't effect the respiratory system correct?. I know i shouldnt mention symtpoms or anything just wanted to share this with you guys .:) please respond.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2006, 08:30:45 pm »
So you caught a cold from her. It's that time of year.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2006, 08:51:48 pm »
Illusion,

Please go to the Welcome thread, read the posting guidlines, and take note of what is said about repeatedly posting over a no-risk incident. Thanks.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2006, 11:56:39 pm »
Why do I have to repeat myself to you? You read the words before, why do you think they have changed? You want me to say again that HIV doesn't give respiratory symptoms during ARS? Sure, it doesn't. Did you really need that?

I see what is going on.

Pregnant girlfriend and a blowjob from someone else. Makes you guilty and with the whirlwind of concern over a pregnant girlfriend and this guilt you worry that you have HIV and have given it to them. It's a common story...and you tested negative for HIV. So there is the end of the story from this site. Pick any three month period of anyone's life and you will find someone with symptoms like you describe. So they have HIV? Nope.

Why you can't get past HIV from this incident and testing is beyond me. We have answered your questions and I suggest you move on, before Ann moves you on...and she will and she is within her rights to do so. This concern is over.

R
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2006, 11:59:45 pm »
You're absolutely right man...wow...guess thats why yall the experts yea im not worried anymore wanted to come by and check up to see if you wrote back and thnx for the reply as well. Ann sorry to be a pest you wont have to worry bout it again take care all of you~! God bless.:)

Offline Illusion22

question on antibody test?
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2007, 10:26:02 pm »
Hello again guys well i have a friend whos going through some testing now and he wanted to know whats the standard antibody used?? Elisa? is that the one you get like at the health clinics and stuff? and also he wants to know how accurate would it be at 86 days?. Is there chance that he can get a false positive?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2007, 11:19:52 pm »
What was his risk? Then we can take it from there.

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2007, 11:33:21 pm »
He had sex with a prostitute in june2006 he tested on nov 15th 2006 with that antibody test he was asking about it came back negative, then he also had gone to a massage parlor and received a blowjob frm a grl  with a unknown HIV status.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2007, 11:38:00 pm »
He didn't have a risk, eventhough you didn't state if a condom was used or not it didn't matter he has his negative result. You don't get HIV from receiving a blowjob. If your friend has anymore questions, have him join the forum on his own computer.

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2007, 02:48:36 am »
Kool i will let him know that thanks Rod:)

Offline Illusion22

Trying to get this right...?
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2007, 06:06:40 pm »
Ok HiV from my knowledge can be asymptomatic and people may seroconvert without symptoms i got that much correct so far im assuming. Now my question is this if or not after seroconversion people have symptoms, when again will someone have symptoms due to the virus??. Is it possible if someone was infected that they have symptoms post the 12 to the 13th week of infection sorta like a late seroconversion i guess?. I know most seroconvert from 2 to 6 weeks but can someone have symptoms of the virus around the 12th week? or will they not feel symptoms of the virus again until it has prolly turned into AIDS?. I would really appreciate an answer i could't find the answer to this question in the lesson thread which is why im asking here, just trying to be more informed and knowledgable about the virus thanks a million!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2007, 06:15:47 pm »
If you had a true seroconversion and didn't have any symptoms at all then you aren't going to get them at a later date because you already seroconverted.

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2007, 12:44:55 am »
Ah ha....ok i see.. thanks for clearing that up big time!

Offline Illusion22

A little worried again....ughhh
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2007, 09:51:19 pm »
Yea im foolish for doing it again :( but anyway here goes my new story....i went out to celebrate my best f bday at a club and after met up with a prostitute friend of mine and received a blowjob...i know i had a similiar incident before and after all the months waiting i turned out negative as told i was but STILL with my gf being pregnant and all u always worry all she did     was give me a blowjob but dem there is always that WHAT IF that we ALL hate like if she had open sore in here mouth that i didnt kniow about. Anway after the blowjob i ejaculated and then  wiped myself and there was noo blood i then peed right after and it was done...ughh please some peace of mind after being sooo good i went out and did this crap!. 

PS i didnt know how to look for my oldddddddddddd thread so bare with me guys thanks!!!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: A little worried again....ughhh
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2007, 10:02:52 pm »
OK- here's your complimentary peace of mind reply from us to you:

You don't get HIV from being on the receiving end of a BJ.  The bigger concern for me is if you are still planning little forays like this one outside of your current relationship- and how both you and your preggie GF stand with all that.  That's something for the two of you to figure out and get settled.  I suspect that plays an awful lot into what leads you here....more so than actual HIV concerns. 

You need to figure out another plan than running here for an emotional band aid when you make a slip.  You and the GF- not to mention the little one on the way- deserve more than that.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2007, 10:05:51 pm »
Hell yea man thanks alot i gladly apprecaite that and im not making excuses i just hang around with the wrong type of people dude and im having my 1st child at 22. I guess i was going through that ''IM still young stage'' and couldnt see the fact that im gonna be a dad well thanks alot yea its just somethhing u think about......but im done with this shit :) thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2007, 08:48:16 am »
Illusion,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you're still worried about your no risk blowjob, re-read your entire thread again.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Illusion22

NeW worry...
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2007, 09:12:05 am »
Goodmorning all well i've been safe and praciticing safe sex as was told but i have a new worry. Last nite we went partying with some friends and then i met a hooker and paid for her services. I bought a condom at a gas station. She slippped it on with her mouth and gave me head for about 1 min(with it on) and then i had sex with her for bout a quick ten it was a quicky , the condom was on right when she gave me head and when we had sex Im just scared what if that gas station sold me a lambskin condom instead of a latex one??? I didn't look at the condom for that and thats my only worry. Thoughts please??

Offline Illusion22

Re: NeW worry...
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2007, 09:18:48 am »
Thanks for merging my thread i didnt remember how to look for it havent been here so long well back to my new post thoughts???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2007, 09:22:21 am »
Illusion,

It's highly unlikely that a gas station would sell lambskin condoms as they are very expensive to buy. Besides, they are very different in looks and texture from a latex condom and you would have noticed the difference. The sex worker certainly would have noticed the difference and said something about it.

Keep using those condoms and you'll be just fine where hiv is concerned. Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2007, 09:25:10 am »
Thanks Ann:) yea i know i was doing everything right, it didnt break when i pulled out it was passed covered the the head of my penis. And i was trying to find the damn wrapper i my car but couldnt that woulda been a reilef and not have made me come here but thanks. It looked latex and felt latex i never seen or used a lambskin one so i dont know anything about it.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2007, 09:40:47 am »
Illusion,

Even if you are already pretty confident with your condom use, I suggest you check out at least the first link provided below anyway. That site goes into great detail about the various condoms available - and there's even a video. Chances are you'll learn something about condoms you don't already know.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2007, 12:00:36 pm »
Well ANN! as usual youre right lol. I went to the exact gas station that i bought the condom from and made sure and it WAS latex in fact allll the condoms they had were latex. I bought the individual ones for 1$ and those too were latex thanks luv!! :)

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2007, 06:06:53 pm »
One last thing that always makes you think is how they say condoms are not 100% sure but offer lower risks i got that from ur link Ann so that kinda makes you think a little jumpy but my condom didn't tear and it was on fine when i pulled out so okie dokie.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2007, 06:09:46 pm »
Illusion,

When condoms fail they do so catastrophically, it's a design thing. The fact that you didn't notice any damage means it didn't fail, Kiddo.

MtD

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2007, 07:17:43 pm »
I figured but just the thought of maybe a tiny hole that you never noticed is always a scare sex was for like 10 mins too lol its just such nerves you get even when having sex with a condom.

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2007, 02:57:03 pm »
Hello Ann well i just saw the condom video and i mean i had it on, my head was covered and after I didn't notice any damage. but the way the women in the video was putting it on i didnt do alll those steps exactly...i mean the worker opened the condom then she slit it on as she was getting rdy to give me a blowjob it was fully on then i had sex with her for about 5-10 min exactly and thats it. I pulled out and noticed the sperm at the tip end of the condom, my head was still covered and i took it out and threw it away and nothing else. She squeezed the tip and spinned it around 2 times....thoughts???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2007, 03:09:07 pm »
Illusion,

It sounds to me like the sex worker knows what she's doing. You didn't have a risk for hiv infection. It's time you got over this and moved on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2007, 03:12:46 pm »
Im sorry i didnt clarify the end of my post the women on the video squeezed the tip..and thats what im saying i didnt do that to mine so and i didnt spinned it twice. The sex worker slit it on all the way down giving me a blowjob with it on for like 2 min then just started having sex with her.

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2007, 03:32:31 pm »
??

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2007, 03:34:13 pm »
Illusion,

The reason for squeezing the tip is to expel excess air that might cause the condom to burst, like a ballon. Yours didn't. You didn't have a risk and we're running out of ways to explain this to you.

If you keep going on about this no risk situation, I'll have to give you a time out. You've been coming here long enough to know the score.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2007, 06:30:49 pm »
Hello Ann no i dont want a timeout and sorry if i kept coming back its just that i got back with my grl and i hadnt done anything with any other grl until this worker so i just wanted to have that reassurance because i plan on having more kids and wouldnt want be caught in that whole predicament of being scared to have given something to her. That was my only incident recently nothing more sorry.

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2007, 12:17:01 pm »
wELL I'm at work and more at ease now i really wanna take this time to thank Ann,andy and the rest of you experts for really easing my mind. God knows i dont know where my mind would be without you guys. I get so nervous with all this because(Im sure youve heard it a million times im sure) of my baby and my girl is still breastfeeding him so i was terrified about that. One postive note is i wasnt drunk nor on drugs. And the clearest picture i have after the 10 min session with the coworker was me pullin out looking at the condom and seeing my semen in that litto pouch at the end of the condom where its suppose to go, then just pulled the condom off and threw it away. Thank you guys soo much HONESTLY.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2007, 02:00:50 pm »
We're glad you found the exchanges here to be helpful.

And now the best thing you can do for all concerned is to get on with your life. No kidding.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline clubbin1980

• if u want a pic ask and ill send via e-mail
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2007, 03:11:51 pm »
hello illusion....
  i have been readin ur thread for awhile now and kept comments to myselfbut i feel that i must say something....
    u are such a worry wart and concerned about everything.... best advice is dont worry and by not worrying i mean stay with one person.... UR GIRL... raise the family u always wanted and keep ur dick to her.... that way u dont worry about prostitute bjs or random drunk things...
   be safe and be happy if ur not happy then maybe find a new way at life...

jus do what u got to.... but i think raising a well rounded family where daddy can be looked up to....

be safe, be smart, always use ur head... (the correct one)

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2007, 03:41:36 pm »
Thanks alot for the advice clubbin yes im young and stupid but ive let all that go other then my 1st reason here and until now. Ive been celebant(If thats how you spell it). And only with my grl. We had broken up a little while ago and we JUST got back. I know i had protected sex but with the wrong person but im not worried about it anymore. I was safe but guilty mentally and i FINALLY learned from it. Thank God i didnt the wrong way. Peace!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2007, 03:57:35 pm »
Clubbing

While I'm sure you mean well please read the Welcome Thread here in this forum...see under posting guide lines, Paragraph 4.

Thank you for your cooperation

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Illusion22

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2007, 04:20:31 pm »
Out of curiousity what does it mean when they say condoms for ''novelty use only''??. Not relating it to my post but i just heard about that and i wanted to know what it was.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 06:02:05 pm by Illusion22 »

Offline WorryW18

Newbieee Here with a worry...
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2007, 11:18:58 pm »
Helloe everyone 19-m here well heres my story i just recently Graduated highschool this past june(Yes i know a very big point in life where things get crazy) and last weekend me and couple of friends rented at the beach for my bday. Turns out out my GOOD influencing friends at the end of the night got me a prostitute!. So yea  she put the condom on me and starting giving me a blowjob for a little(With it on) then she turned around and i started having sex with her from the back(in the vagina) i wasnt really feeling her to be honest so like 10-15 min i came fast and pulled out I noticed the condom was on still and i had came because i saw it in the front of my condom she asked if i came i said yes, and then i just pulled it off witih my hand and threw it away. Now i just wanna know should i go test?? I heard stories that if i take the condom off the wrong way something with the fluids that i can be infected is this true??. Anyhow Im donating blood on the 20th of october at my cousins job she works for a blood bank is it safe for me to donate or should i test first?. Secondly I have not had unprotected sex with anyone is it safe to have sex with my X grl?? feed back pleaseeee??

Offline RapidRod

Re: Newbieee Here with a worry...
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2007, 11:20:59 pm »
You were never at risk. You had protected sex.

Offline WorryW18

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2007, 11:23:55 pm »
So by ur response the answers to my 3 questions in order would be? 1 no risk 2 no its not true 3Yes to donate 4yes to have sex with my x?. I just wanna make sure. By seeing that my semen was in the front of my condom where I believe its suppose to be it can also indicate that my condom didnt break ??

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2007, 05:18:22 am »
Worry,

When condoms break they do so dramatically. They shred. It's a design thing. Essentially when a rubber busts, you'll know.

You have nothing to worry about in terms of HIV here. Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our Lessons to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.