Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:11:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladie's Thread #66-Falling into Fall, or "Crap! Here comes the cold."  (Read 41761 times)

Offline Sweet_C

Re: Ladie's Thread #66-Falling into Fall, or "Crap! Here comes the cold."
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2009, 06:09:30 pm »
Hey ladies!  Just checking in really quick.  I'm  back from my honeymoon, which was waaaaay too short.  It's gotten really chilly for this time of year.
Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline netta

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 03:02:38 pm »
Damm, just lost my whole post.
Anyway Hello Gf's how is everyone?? I am still getting over this bronchitis, but feeling better.
I went to get a sonogram of my liver today, since I have been having high numbers on my lipids profile, what ever that is. Anyhow the worst of it was holding my breath so often!!! lol

Betty- I hope they find the one who robbed the church, thats a shame!

Queen- I hope you find something soon, yes people that work for the system in NY are very rude, I remember, when I was 18 and pregnant and on welfare, it was rough, I grew up fast!

Snow- glad your son is ok and didn't have swine flu.
Did you hear about some of the schools closing because so many kids have the flu???
I pray lord keep our children safe. Oh yeah, the dogs can get the flu also!
I had my flu shot and waiting for my h1n1 shot. I heard it is in two phases so we have to come back for the second shot.I hope all of you that have children are able to get it for them. Vitimin c helps also, my grand got sick for 1 day and then she was fine. She loves vitimin c chewables, cause it taste like candy so she takes it religiously everday!!! lol
I went to see my puppy Sunday, she is beautiful and doing well, we nameed here LUCY LOVE, my grrandbaby named her. Lucy is a  brindle color and a doll. I can't bring her home till she is 8 weeks and has gotten her shots.and deworming. and eats on her own. She is 5 weeks now.

anyone heard from Drag??? see Tendai on facebook.

I hope all is well, luv you all.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:17:16 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2009, 06:46:02 pm »
Netta, I'll be hoping for the best on your liver test.  I just found out this evening that I had a urinary tract infection.  My doctor's office called and told me and called in some antibiotics at the drug store.  I didn't even know I had one.  Geesh.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2009, 07:45:52 pm »
Hi GFs~

Well, I finally spoke to the vet about Cheech on Tuesday.  He has elevated liver enzymes, which is common in older dogs.  He seems fine, his skin has cleared up with baths and antibiotics, and he has as much energy as ever.  I go back to the vet for a 2-week follow-up on 10/30, and they'll do a urine check.  The vet thinks he may have Cushing's disease.  I read up about it, and it all makes sense to me, but some of the meds they give to correct the problem (which is overproduction of cortisol in the system), seem to be a little scary.  The drugs affect the adrenal glands and help to bring hormone production levels back down to normal, and then you need to be on maintenance drugs for life.  There just seems to be a moderate amount of risk when first administering the drugs, there is risk of giving too MUCH drug and reversing the problem in the other direction -- not enough cortisol in the body.

Ice is going to take the day off with me and go to the vet appt.  We are wondering what would happen if we decided not to give the drug if this is Cushing's?  The side effects are lots of drinking and peeing, and poor Cheech doesn't have a doggie door any more like we did at my old place.  Most of all, we want a good quality of life for this little fuzzy fellow.  Thanks to all of you for your concern -- I'll keep everyone posted.

We have the kids this weekend.  The older one is a whuss and throws tantrums, but she's at that awkward age.  The younger one is tougher, but she's still just a baby.  She aced her math quiz, though, after Ice and I helped her study and gain some confidence.  We're very proud, she's only 8 yrs old.  This confidence will spill over into everything, so that's good.

I am getting my hair done this Saturday and then Sunday when the rain clears up, we are taking the kids to the corn maze up the road.  There's playgrounds and animals and all kinds of fun stuff.  I think we could all use the fresh air.

P.S. - Still kicking ass at work.  ;)

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:48:03 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 07:37:57 am »
Cin, for Cushing's disease, is that where Cheech would have to take steroids?  Just wondering.  If that's not the case, then I really don't know anything about it.

Yesterday at work, someone passed out in the parking lot drunk.  The boss (pastor) had to yell out the window to him to move or she was going to call the cops.  It may have been better for him had she done that; at least he would have had a warm bed to sleep in (he's homeless).  It's been never a dull moment there.  I talk to so many different people, some mentally ill, addicts/alcoholics, and just the ordinary person, except they're homeless and having problems trying to function and survive.  I enjoy the job, though.  I love to help people.

It's raining and windy, and I have to go out in this crap today.  I have to take a copy of my paystub to my caseworker (welfare caseworker), pick up a script for my UTI, and stop by the store.  The weekend doesn't look much better either.  Tomorrow I'm supposed to take my grandkids to see the last Harry Potter movie.  It's at the dollar theater here.  I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies, so I probably won't know what's going on.       You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 12:14:21 pm »
I am sorry to just turn up again out of the blue after disappearing from here.

My only excuse is my diagnosis has not been that long and I have had a lot to adjust to - also having to get used to taking the meds and the changes being HIV + has brought to my life - and I have been concentrating on trying to get and also start support nearer me in the UK.
I have not been very successful with this but still working on it and have been to about 3 meetings with other positive women in the UK who belong to PozFem UK  http://www.poz-fem-uk.org/.

And I also started a new business, letting out Yurts for eco holidays and I have been so very busy all summer doing this so have hardly had a minute to myself - but it is winter hear in the UK now so I finally have breathing space to catch up.

And often think of you ladies here and wanted to check in to say that I am still around and still think of you all and hope you are all doing OK

Veritee - Cornwall,  UK
Love to you all XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2009, 11:57:04 pm »
Good evening ladies.  I've been reading and keeping up with everyone, just not in the mood to post.  The dreams have subsided, but I still can't drive past the intersection without my insides getting tight.  The white investigation marks are still on the road.  I'm hoping with the rains today, they've been washed away.  I found out Monday that the girl who died was the daughter of man who works for our dance teacher's husband (confused yet?).  Anyway, she (dance teacher) promised she wouldn't tell the dad she knows one of the witnesses.  I couldn't handle talking to him.

Mim went to see her ID doc today.  Her t-cells have dropped by about 200 to just over 940 (44%).  I know that's still good, but I HATE to see them drop.  When Doc was checking out her joints, he noticed that her left knee was "grinding".  He said it felt like either the cartilage was worn down or totally gone.  His office is scheduling an MRI to see what's going on.  He said it's the beginning of arthritis in that knee - at 9 ???  Until we know what's going on, he said not to limit her activities but make sure it doesn't swell.

Netta, congrats on the puppy!!  My mom wanted us to name Ava "Luci".  Our baby is having her hysterectomy a week from Sunday.  Hubby is going to scrub in and "help".  Our vet said that her girls (ages 8 and 3 1/2) have stools that they stand on to watch her perform surgeries through a window.  Not me!  I'm staying home with the kids.  My job will be to take care of Ava's recovery - after she's all stitched up.

I hope you all are having a great weekend.  Have fun with the kids, Cindy.  Here's to a quick recovery for Cheech.  Betty, my dahlin', what am I going to do with you?  It seems like you've had a lot of UTIs lately.  Does the doctor know why?  I hope you're able to kick it quickly.

Much love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2009, 06:58:27 am »
Veritee, good to see you.  Is that you in the avatar?  Cool hat. :)

Mum, the doctor didn't say why I'm having so many UTI's, but he did get some of my other tests back, and my viral load is 31,000, so that could be why maybe.  He's repeating the viral load, and I'll go to do that Monday.  If it hasn't gone down, he may change my meds, who knows.  Anyway, for the UTI, he put me on Cephalexin, 2 caps twice a day.  Hopefully that will clear it up. 

Offline Veritee

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2009, 05:09:08 pm »
Yes its me in the hat !! It is great isn't it!!I loved it!!

I am sorry your virus load is not good - I am a bit out of touch here so is there any reason why ?

What is UTI's

Lots of love

Veritee
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline Veritee

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2009, 05:13:17 pm »
The hat was something I wore  last weekend at a weekend conference/meeting I went to for women living with HIV in Manchester, UK.
I wanted to take it home , but they would not let me!!

Offline missy

« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2009, 07:32:44 pm »
Just dropping in to say hi. I am staying at my son's till Friday when I move into my new place, I can't wait. Its been crazy between packing, moving and cleaning the old place. Take care all.  Mary

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2009, 08:30:34 pm »
Veritee, a UTI is a urinary tract infection.  I get them all the time. 

Offline netta

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2009, 02:00:56 pm »
HI GIRLFRIENDS,
  YOU ARE ALL HAVING A NICE WEEKEND. Today I cooked a ham, mac and cheese, collards,cornbread,potatoe salad and peach cobbler for dessert.
Yes I must be feeling better!
anyway I go take my bloodwork this week for my new meds. Ok I have my regiment here as follows,The new meds are ISENTRESS, and INTELENCE, which If have never heard off,they are brand new from wha at I heard. I also take PREZISTA AND NORVIR which I have been taking for years. The neurapathy is much better sinced, I am off the zerit. My docs threatened me this is the last regiment  for me, because I am resistant to so many drugs. That didn't sit too well with me. Made me feel like theres no hope for me,if these drugs fail.
I will not give up, been taking meds too long. Everyday there are new drugs coming out. One day there will be a cure!!!
We must all hope and believe.
shout out to everyone,
untill there's a cure, Netta

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2009, 02:41:56 pm »
Hey Ladies---

I am going to have to keep this post short. On Friday I fell and sprained my right wrist pretty bad. That's my own diagnosis. I know it's not broke so I have been icing it and have been wearing an Ace glove on it. Papi wants me to go get it checked so I'll prolly do that tomorrow. And since I am right handed, it has been difficult doing things with my left hand.

So if you don't see me post for a few days that is why. I hope  everyone has a good sunday..
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2009, 05:35:24 am »
Netta, don't give up hope.  The new meds should work, just stick to them, don't miss any.  I'm glad the neuropathy is better for you.  Are you taking Neurontin, I can't remember?  That food you cook sure sounds good.  And yes, I love greens. 

Queen, ouch.  I think sprains hurt worse than breaks do.  I hope you can get some relief when you get the wrist looked at.  I mean like maybe some pain pills that will help.

Today I go for repeat labs to see if my viral load is still high.  I'm thinking I'll know something by the end of the week.  I'm impatient though, and would like to know tomorrow.    Well, you all have a good one.

You know, we haven't heard anything from Cristy in a long while either.

Offline minismom

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2009, 08:25:30 am »
Netta, I'm feeling you with the resistence issues.  Mim is resistant to a lot of meds, too.  What she's not resistant to, she can't take until she's 13 (Insentress).  It's impossible to find a "traditional" regiment for her.  What she's on right now is doing its job, although her T's dropped by a couple hundred.  Hang in there and don't lose hope!  We'll keep praying for you that this new combo will work.

Queen, YIKES!  I agree with Betty.  Sprangs always hurt more than breaks.  If it's not better or swelling, you really should go see a doctor.  You may have torn something.

Betty, good grief you were up early this morning!  I was going to send you a PM, but this site is still painfully slow to load, so I'll just have to thank you for the information here. :-*  Dr.F said that the MRI is the test of choice to look for A.N.  He also said that A.N. is exactly what he was thinking. :-\  He changed the order to include not only her knees but also her hips.  Thanks again and I'll let you know.

We have a couple warm days this week (high 60's to low 70's) then the bottom falls out again (highs in the 40's).  I don't expect the warm weather to come back until April or May.  Farmer's Almanac predicts 9 big snow storms in this part of the US.  It also predicts a record number of snow days.  Looks like I'll be stocking up on canned stuff in case we're snowed in and bottled water in case the electricity goes out (we have a well and without electricity our well pump doesn't work). 

Not much going on today.  I have a couple loads of laundry to do, kids have school, and then dance class.  Oh, my gosh!  Speaking of school, Hubby found out last week that he'll have to delay graduation by a semester.  He was supposed to graduate December 2010, but now can't graduate until May 2011 because of 1 CLASS that they aren't offering until spring semester 2011 :o >:(  He talked to his advisor to see if anything could be done, but nothing can.  Next semester, he'll intern at Lockhead Martin then fall semester, he'll intern at the FBI.  Not sure how that's supposed to work since it's not paid and he has a paying job that he HAS to go to, but his adviser said they can work around his paying clients.

Make it a good Monday, ladies.  Much love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline camille07

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2009, 03:13:01 pm »
Hey Ladies-

Betty-  I'm am sending you good vibes for your computer work.  How is that going?  I felt kind of bad about the sandwich remark I made.  I forget that a homeless person probably took it, where as, I was thinking some inconsiderate office mate swiping it.  Though I remember you saying you worked with only 3 other people?  I didn't put it together.  When do you hear about your VL?  What happened with that? 

Netta-  Don't worry.  It's really scary I'm sure, but there are a few new drugs about to hit the market my ID doctor told me today.  They are targeted for high resistant people.    How did the liver check out?
I will put you on my prayer list :)

Oh Queen, sorry to hear about the wrist twist.  What happened after getting it checked out?
Anything new on the apartment.

Veritee-  I love the hat!

Mum-  The post trauma of the accident must be unsettling especially if you are having terrible dreams too.  I didn't realized mini's cd4 was so high?  I know you are disappointed in the drop, but that's really much higher than I thought.  How is Ava working out?

Well, Friday I decided not to go after all.  I spoke to G again and he felt it was a form of manipulation on the user's part.   I just decided too, not to ever let him try to manipulate me again...even when I think I'm doing something good.  When I saw the Phlebotomist today, he said that the "user" was drunk when he went to the clinic on Friday. Can you imagine.  It would have set me off even more.

At last my computer is up and running.  I've upgraded to Windows 7....a full upgrade.  I added 8 more gigs of ram to my pc and it is now a 64 bit operating system.  My new monitor arrives tomorrow.  My previous one no longer works because it's not compatible with Windows 7.

Anyway hope everyone is doing well this beautiful evening.

Cheers,

Camms

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2009, 07:19:38 pm »
I guess  I really am feeling like the title of this thread, the falling part. I am like oh crap cause I still wasn't able to get my wrist checked out today. I had to babysit which is murder on a sprained wrist mind you. I was suppose to go when Papi got back from a doctor's appointment. But now Papi is in the hospital. It sucks because I can't go see him because I don't know how to get there. And his daughter goes to school during the day. She has a small baby so we can't take her out in this weather.He texted his daughter and told her to tell me. Couldn't text me because the light on my phone is broke so I can't see anything on the screen.

All I can say is WOW...... :(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2009, 05:47:34 am »
Morning all,

Mum,  I'm glad he's going to check Mim for a.n.  Did he say what he was going to do should she have it?  I'm curious to find out if he's going to do anything.  That way, if he does, I can go back to my orthopaedist and bitch at him for not doing anything.     It doesn't make sense that hubby has to wait to graduate.  At the university I went to, if someone only had 1 or 2 classes to take to be done, they would let them graduate anyway, the semester before they were done.  I hope everything goes smoothly for him, doing his internships and working. 

Camms, I didn't take the remark about the sandwich wrong at all.  I actually thought it was pretty funny.    I'm glad you didn't go with the ex.  Of course he was doing that to try to get you to do what he wanted.  And you see how sincere he was-showing up drunk.  I know, and I understand, that alcoholism/addiction is a disease.  I just don't get involved when people aren't sincere, but act like they are to try to manipulate the situation to their advantage.     I've been seeing a lot of ads for Windows 7 lately.  I don't know anything about it, but I don't think I need it here.  I understand you do a lot of work on your computer.  All I do is go on the internet.

Queen, what happened to Papi?  I hope things calm down for you.  Geesh.

Not much going on with me.  Just working.  I'm trying to learn all the things on the computer that I need for this job.  A lady came by yesterday to help.  I did learn how to do envelopes on the computer, to where I just put one in the printer, and the address prints out.  That was a major accomplishment for me.  Now I have to learn the bulletin.  For some reason, it never comes out right, even with the pastor proofing it.  She (the pastor) wants to take the bulletin out of "Publisher" on the computer, and put it into "Word."  The lady who came to help me didn't seem to be too familiar with that, so I'm supposed to call a secretary at this one church, and ask her if she can come over and show me how to do it, sometime between Thursday and next Wednesday.  It's so confusing.  I'm sure once I do it a few times I'll be alright.   Nothing else exciting to report.  You all have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2009, 07:19:44 am »
Oh, my goodness, Queen.  Is there anyway that you can call the hospital to find out what's going on with Papi?  As for you, sounds like you need to invest in a bubble wrap suit. ;)  On another site, they used to call me Gracie (as in, I wasn't graceful) because I was forever falling, running into something, and tripping over nothing.

Betty, computers flummox me.  I like Publisher because it's a "point and shoot" program - I don't have to figure anything out.  I've also become great friends with my "delete" button.  One push and no one ever has to know about my mistakes.  I wish life had one of those.  Sounds like work is going well.  Hope you get the help you need to figure out the bulletins.  I emailed Dr F to ask what our next course of action will be.  He emailed back, "get the results" - wise ass ;)  He always has a plan, he just doesn't like to share until he has all the information.  I'll be sure to let you know, though.

Camms, Ava is working out quite well.  She's like having another kid in the house - except I don't have to change her diapers.  She's having a hysterectomy Sunday afternoon.  For 2wks after, we have to figure out how to keep her calm and still.  Yeah, good luck with that!  I hate the thought she'll be in pain, but I hate the thought of her going into heat even more.  Congrats on the computer upgrades.  I have no idea what you're talking about, but congrats.

I bought our youngest training undies and plastic pants in an attempt to potty train her.  All day long I kept feeling her undies and they were dry - but she wasn't going to the bathroom.  I was getting worried that she was holding it.  FINALLY, close to dinner, she was wet.  I went to change her and quickly found out what took so long.  She'd snuck into her room, put on a diaper, then her undies and plastic pants.  It wasn't until her diaper was so overflooded that her undies got wet.  This is going to be a very l o n g process.

This is the last week of regular dance rehersals.  Next week we adults are in full dress rehersal all week getting ready to dance in a Paul Wilbur concert on Nov. 7th.  The concert is slated to last 2 1/2 hours and we're dancing the entire thing.  It was supposed to be held in an auditorium which seats 550, but they had to move it to a gym (they're building a stage) that will seat 3,000 - plus they're adding chairs on the floor :o  Hubby, our oldest son, and I are the only ones dancing in the concert.  The other kids don't dance until December.  I'm excited and exhausted.  I'm old and my poor body isn't use to this much abuse.  I'll be sore for years.

Well, ladies, the Advil is kicking in and I'm exhausted.  I think I'll go back to bed for a nap before Hubby leaves for school.  Make it a good one.

Mum

www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2009, 01:19:27 pm »
Oh, my goodness, Queen.  Is there anyway that you can call the hospital to find out what's going on with Papi?  As for you, sounds like you need to invest in a bubble wrap suit. ;)  On another site, they used to call me Gracie (as in, I wasn't graceful) because I was forever falling, running into something, and tripping over nothing.

Well, I have my moments of being clumsy but usually when I fall I land on my feet, like a cat. I use to pride myself on that fact, that I was cat like. Now? I dunno. Papi's daughter has been trying to call the hospital since last night when we first found out. But here in NY, no one likes answering the damn phone. So, I am still clueless. All I do know is Papi is bi-polar, that much I know cause he told me awhile ago. He was scared I wouldn't want to be with him because of it. I tried reading up on it but I truly do not understand most of it. The ironic thing was he had an appointment to start seeing his shrink again and take his meds for it. He had stopped I think before we even got together but saying he could handle it. Now we both know he can't. I am trying to keep myself from bawling and being depressed because I don't know what to do and I am feeling so helpless..... :'(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2009, 03:17:27 pm »
Hi Gf's,
Queen, I am sorry you are going through so much, I hope Papi is ok. They probly kept him because he had an episode and to get him back on track with his meds. You can't stop taking your meds! I suffer from clinical depression and I have tried to stop my meds many times, I would have an episode,(get anxious, depressed, crying,etc) and I would have to get back on them and quick!
If you call the hospital and get the directions maybe you can visit. Tell them you are his significant other, hopefully when the daughter get home you can go see him, What hospital is he in??? I can find you the directions if need be, Is he a vet? he may be in the va hospital in Queens, remember, my Mom lives in Springfield gardens, Queens, near kennedy airport. Anyway I can help, let me know.
Hope all is well! hello to everyone, anyone ever here from Drag??

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2009, 03:18:54 pm »
I'd like to suggest, given your location in NYC, that you check out this site and group. http://www.mdsg.org/    

Having dated, for a short while, a manic-depressive or bipolar person and having friends who are bipolar, this act of taking one's self off meds is very common. In short, it's quite often because they feel so great, they decide to stop---but the Catch 22 is the relationship between feeling great and use of meds is integral.

A support group may put all of this in manageable lay terms for you and your significant other. It is not necessarily easy to be a partner to a person who suffers this disorder. However, I know one couple who made it through some intense storms before they figured out how to cope and openly communicate.

Fortunately, much is known about the disorder, but unfortunately many suffer it. Med options have grown over the years, but lithium is still quite often prescribed.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2009, 06:53:09 pm »
Here's a link, Queen, about bipolar disorder, with links in the info that will hopefully help you a bit.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/bipolar-disorder/index.shtml

I'm editing to put in my usual posting, so I dont' have to make a whole new one.

Mum, the dance program sounds exciting.  Good luck with the potty training.  I'm not good at that type of thing.  When my daughter was little, her father got her potty-trained. 

Today, hopefully, a lady will be at the job to help me with all the different "stuff" that I have to know.  And I may be able to take a couple computer classes.  I don't know exactly when that's going to happen, but hopefully soon.  Here's the thing that upsets me-I had gotten my voc. rehab counselor talked into them paying for that addictions program I want to take (whenever it becomes accredited).  Now, with me having to take a couple computer classes, the voc rehab counselor is saying they can't pay for both, that I have to choose.  Of course I had to choose the computer class, since that's what I really need to continue making $ right now.  That's how it goes I guess...... That just means that for the addictions program, I'm going to have to take out more student loans.  I'm not going to take out extra this time, as I already owe enough from my undergraduate degree. 

I think that's it for now.  I have to do a little shopping today after work.  You all have a good day.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:42:48 am by BT65 »

Offline camille07

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2009, 09:39:54 am »
Hey ladies-

Queen-  I feel so bad for you.  You must feel confused with the bipolar issue.  I hope the links help.  I do know that you can't go off your meds, and it takes a few days to get you back to a stable way of thinking.  Please keep us posted.  He'll turn up, don't worry.

Betty-  Well, using publisher is something I'm not so good with...in fact, a friend had a publisher question and importing an image into Word and I could not figure it out.  It kept jumbling the file.  Let me know how this person does it.  Sounds like work is going well otherwise.  That's so wonderful:)

Mum-  I was reading your post and actually thought that your youngest trainee was Ava...lol.  They . have puppy pull-overs so you could imagine what I was thinking.  Still, the story is really funny.

Today is a great day.  As you all know, I've been through hardware and software upgrades.  It seems like its been a long road.  My new monitor showed up yesterday and it wasn't working.  I spoke to dell this am and they sent me a new driver for Windows 7.  It works and I am so deliriously happy.  The journey has brought me out of the muck and into the computer hill tops.  You have to understand that I was so stressed out for weeks and finally breathe a sigh of relief.  More so, jump for freaking joy.

Hugs to you all,

Camms

Offline netta

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2009, 11:55:29 am »
Hi GF's    Just want to say hello, nothing much going on.
Queen- I am worried about you, please take care of yourself!
Betty- that sucks that you have to choose between the classes.
Emeralized- glad your back, missed you!
Camms- so happy to here you got your new computer up and running!

MOON and SNOW  where are you???
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:00:12 pm by netta »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2009, 06:12:35 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Things are coming back to normal. Em and Betty, thanks for the links. I will definitely check them out. Papi came back home yesterday afternoon feeling better and I am going to be keeping a close eye on him. I finally made it to the hospital today,it was worse than a sprain. I actually fractured it so now it is in a splint. I was given some pain medication and have to see a specialist on Friday. I have never broken anything in my life so I don't know how long this will take to heal.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2009, 11:21:34 pm »
Oh, Queen, big healing Mum kisses :-*.  Do they know what kind of fracture it is?  I'm glad that Papi got home safe and sound.

Camms, I'm gonna have to sneak Hubby in here so he can read your post and tell me what it means ;)  I'm the most "untekkie" person I know.  Hubby starts talking shop and my glaze over and I start to drool.

Betty, was the lady able to come over and help you out?

Nothing happened today.  Our autism lady and my parents came over.  We spent 2 hours discussing our dreams for #4 along with short and long-term goals to be able to get here there.  I had a lot of AH-HA moments.  It's going to take a lot of work over the next 6 - 10mths (aka her entire life), but it'll be so worth it.  Tomorrow Hubby has school all day long.  He'll go early to pick up my prescriptions.  I've put it off as long as I can.  My poor lungs need their drugs :-\  If it's pretty, after the kids have school, and IF I can get the laundry done, we'll go ahead and do the grocery shopping.  It helps break up the day.

DON'T FORGET: This Saturday is daylight savings time.  Before you go to bed, turn your clocks BACK one hour.  Wouldn't want anyone to be late ::)

Sweet Dreams!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2009, 05:38:24 am »
Hey all,

Camms, I'm glad your computer dreams have been realized! (hee)  I really don't know anymore about Publisher than I did when I started, which was 0.  Yesterday, the bulletin looked perfect, I printed it out, and there was a blank page.  The pastor had to delete a couple pages, which I have no idea how she did that.  She claims that once the bulletin is out of publisher and into Word, it will be 100% better.  I just don't know how to switch it over, and I'm hoping the secretary from my church will be able to come over and help. 

Hey Netta!

Queen, ouch, damn!  It's a good thing you got it checked out.  I'm glad Papi is back home. 

Mum, does having the autism lady help out?  The lady came to help yesterday, and showed me "mail merge," but to tell you the truth, I still have no idea how to do it. :-\

Yes, I heard it on the news this morning about time changing.  We never used to change, but the governor made a bill to where we do now.  It makes no difference to me.  I was born and raised in Southwest Michigan, so I'm used to changing. 

At the church I work at, they have a program called Christmas Jubilee.  That's where all these businesses and churches donate toys and other things, and 100 families get to sign up.  Then, closer to Christmas, they get to come in and pick out a couple brand new toys, or whatever, for each of their children.  And their kids get to pick out a couple gifts for the parent(s).  And there's food baskets for people with no children.  Well, Monday people start signing up for this.  We take the first 100 families.  It's going to be insane.  I'll be the one taking the names, and I've made a spreadsheet in Excel to put everyone's name onto.  I hope I can find it now (the spreadsheet I made yesterday).  I guess I'm also responsible for a mailing to churches and businesses.  I'm not sure exactly who the pastor wants me to send the letter to, but she mentioned last year sending out 1,000.  Crazy. 

Today's my grandkids' "mom's" birthday, so I got her a candle and I'm going to take it to her this afternoon.  And I think my therapist is coming over.  I guess that's it for now.  You all have a good one.

Offline camille07

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2009, 07:49:17 am »
Good Morning Ladies- 

Queen I'm relieved that you got Papi back in one piece....I'm sure you're feeling better.  Now, it's time to take care of you.  Sheesh a fracture, it must be painful.

Betty-  Mail merges are confusing.   But if you start doing more than one you'll catch on.

Not much going on today.   Maybe I'll poke my head in later today.  I hope you all have a great day.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline minismom

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2009, 08:00:37 am »
Betty, it really does help a lot.  She's part of Marshall University's Autism Training Center.  They offer a TON of free services for families who have autistic children between the ages of 1 - 21.  The university also has a dorm that houses high-functioning autistic student.  It's really a great program.  

The part we're in now is called "positive behavior reinforment".  It not only focuses on the autistic child, but on the effect having an autistic child has on the entire family. It's a whole team approach that included us, my parents, our pastor, their Sunday School teacher, dance teacher, friends' parents, and anyone else that we want to involove.  We're to the point now where she comes once a month.  She stays with us for 1 - 2 years per child.  Right now she's helping with #4.  Sometime next fall, she'll begin helping with #2, then the following fall with #6.  All said and done, she'll be working with our family for 3 - 6 yrs.  :o

They also have a lending library.  All anyone has to do is email Marshall and let them know what book / movie they want.  Marshall sends it out along with a free return postage envelope.  We can keep books for 2 wks and movies for 1wk.  All of the material relates back, in one form or another, to the autism spectrum.  They also made picture IDs of the kids that lists our names and  phone number, doctor's numbers, other medical conditions, allergies,  their likes and dislikes, and a host of other information that we provided them.  Very helpful indeed.

The program at your church sounds WONDERFUL!  I can see it becoming very overwhelming very quickly.  The spreadsheet was a good idea.  I wish I could offer suggestions, but I'm still a paper and pencil kinda gal.

Have a great day!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2009, 09:49:06 am »
Hey Ladies---

Things are coming back to normal. Em and Betty, thanks for the links. I will definitely check them out. Papi came back home yesterday afternoon feeling better and I am going to be keeping a close eye on him. I finally made it to the hospital today,it was worse than a sprain. I actually fractured it so now it is in a splint. I was given some pain medication and have to see a specialist on Friday. I have never broken anything in my life so I don't know how long this will take to heal.

You're welcome. As to the average healing time for your broken bone, figure six weeks. Not a bad idea to make sure you're getting enough calcium in whatever forms you like including spring greens, kale, broccoli, parsley (not spinach, however) Further, reduce your caffeine intake as it absorbs calcium.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2009, 12:39:35 pm »
You're welcome. As to the average healing time for your broken bone, figure six weeks. Not a bad idea to make sure you're getting enough calcium in whatever forms you like including spring greens, kale, broccoli, parsley (not spinach, however) Further, reduce your caffeine intake as it absorbs calcium.

Yeah, I looked on my discharge papers, it says it takes 4-6 weeks to heal.. I have cut back on my caffeine intake greatly even before the break. But I do have broccoli here and Papi is going to cook some greens today.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2009, 04:16:31 pm »
Hi gf's!
Nothing new here, still coughing!
Queen- so glad PAPI is home,sorry to hear about your fracture, I have had fractured, foot and ankle, I know it hurts. Please take care.

Wow  Em- you are sure smart! I  even learned something new,are you a nurse??

My screen on my laptop is jumping with white lines, I have to take it to get repaired. This is very anoying! I have no idea wht is wrong with it, but I do have extra warranty on it,so I won't have to pay.

Mum- how is your dog training going???< I can't wait to get my shitzu puppy home, in about 2 weeks. I have been reading up on crate training and anything else I need to know. she will be a house dog and my grands have already named her ,Lucy Love!

Shout out to VIvt,Snow,Moon,and everyone!

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2009, 12:57:27 am »
Hi everyone,
It's been a little busy here. We had a dozen adults and 4 kids here last weekend for cards. Tuesday night we went to Lucas' preschool for pumpkin painting and tonight it was Trick or Treat at the mall. Lucas has been so excited about Halloween. We got to the mall and rather than say trick or treat he'd hide his face  ::). He did get excited when meeting the Belco Lion and the guy at the costume shop dressed like Beetle Juice  ;D. He also enjoyed seeing the other kids in their costumes  ;D.
The other thing is Lucas has been staying up late. I know before he would push to be awake when Sam went to bed. He learned quick that if he did that Dad would say it was OK to sleep in our bed  ::).
Now though he will stay up till 1:30- 2 Am even when he's in our bed. I don't know how to fix that and am open to suggestions.

Mum - I feel you on the potty training. We're still working with Lucas. You got to admit that was pretty good problem solving on littlest part though  ;).
I feel like a dunce, what is A.N.?

Betty - I'm glad things are going alright so far with the new job. I'm sure you'll get the hang of the computer stuff, just give yourself some time  :).

Queen - I'm glad Papi is home  :). I'm sorry to hear about your fracture. 6 weeks is an average time to heal. Make sure you get plenty of sunlight and/or vit D along with the Calcium. You need that so you can absorb the calcium. 

Netta - Take care of yourself. That's a long time to still be coughing.

Camms - Congrats on the new set up. I don't understand the computer stuff, but I'm glad your happy  ;D.

Happy Halloween!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2009, 08:05:34 am »
Morning all,

Mum, that autism program sounds really great.  I'm glad it helps so much.  Yeah, the job does get a bit much sometimes, but I try to put myself in the people's shoes, and that makes a difference.

Queen, I wonder if you'll have to be like extra careful with that wrist now that it's been broken one time.  You know what I mean, I wonder if it'll be more prone to injuries. 

Netta, I'm glad you have that extra warranty.  Computers are wonderful, until they have something go wrong with them.  Then they're pains-in the ass.

Amy, that trick-or-treat sounds really fun.  Lucas is such a doll.  I really don't have any suggestions about getting Lucas to sleep earlier.  When my daughter was small, she slept in her own room.  But, once I turned out her light and kissed her goodnight, I just kind of left her alone until morning. I mean, of course I would go in if I heard a lot of noise, or if her light came back on.  But I figured she'd tire herself out and eventually get to sleep on time.  It takes so much patience with children. I can't imagine raising one in these days.  There was enough to worry about when my daughter was small (she's 25), today there's many more things kids have to face.  I worry about my grandchildren.  My granddaughter (the one living here) has such a hard time trying to fit in etc., and that makes me worry about when she gets a little older.  Kids like that are so prone to taking any suggestions from others, and that's what has me worried.  Anyway, one day at a time.

Last night, it was really cold out, so I put on this heater one of my friends gave me, and left it on all night.  This morning when I got up, it was steamy in here. Well, the temp outside now is 56 and is supposed to get up to 63 today.  It (the temp) was supposed to tank.  Crazy fall weather.

There was a lady yesterday who came into the church I work at, who's trying to get away from her abusive boyfriend.  When she got to town, she met this guy.  She was living on this loading dock behind our homeless center, and being brutally raped every night.  And it was being set up by this asshole, because he was getting money for it.   The lady in charge of the breakfast thing gave her enough money to get to Gary, where her father lives.  I sure hope she makes it.

Then, there was this kid here who got shot in the back of the head, and has been in critical condition ever since the shooting happened.  My best friend told me last night that he's the son of a lady we both know in NA here.  And now she has to make the decision of whether or not to take him off life support.  Now that's heartbreaking.  I don't know what I would do in that situation.  So, I've been praying for her.  She's been responsible for bringing a lot of people into recovery in this area.

I hope something good happens today.  So much bad happening lately, it's time for some good.  Well, tomorrow night is trick-or-treating, so that's something good I guess.  Today I have to do laundry, and I may go to the Salvation Army, because it's dollar day-all clothes are $1.  That's about it for me.  You all have a good one.

Offline camille07

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2009, 08:57:39 am »
Betty - those stories are really heart breaking. It goes back to the discussion about being a survivor and getting past those heinous acts.  Thankfully, the people who are victims of these horrible crimes or life's bad breaks have a place go to like the church where you work.  It must get tough seeing it on a daily basis.

I'm really exhausted today, but it's my own fault.   First, I stayed up to late.  And I ended up watching scary Halloween stuff.  I had a nightmare and woke up in cold sweat.  It was the kind that seemed like it could have been real.  My brain simulated my room and environment and then threw in a creepy elements.  It's funny looking back on it now.  My head is fuzzy and it's hard to focus.

Hope everyone has a great Friday. 

Camms

Offline netta

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2009, 05:53:29 pm »
WOW BETTY, what stories you have to tell, makes us count our blessings, so sorry about your friends son. Kids are not from earth these days, you all heard about the teen girl raped for 2 and 1/2 hours at a high school dance??? horrible, what is sad also  is the guys that did it could get "LIFE", and the poor girl has to live with the memories.

nothing much happening here, warm ,damp weather and rain. Watching some videos and eatting pizza tonite. thats about it.

Have a great weekend!!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2009, 06:47:36 pm »
Yeah, that story was sad and brought back memories of when I got raped on my birthday. Time healed my wounds but it's different for everyone. I remember me and my rapist both had to take lie detector tests. We both passed and the police dropped the case.

I went to the bone doctor today. I was there for 4 hours. My arm was x-rayed again. And I got to see the fracture. It is a small one but it hurts like a bitch. Now I have a cast and will see him in 4 weeks. Tuesday I have to go see a lawyer. From there go to this one place to see about an apartment.

I am a bit concerned about my son. I mailed him a letter last week and it got returned to me. I know I have the right address, it's to the boot camp where he is. I sent him a money order the beginning of this month. He got that and mailed me a letter. So, I am wondering what is going on.. ???

Other than that, I am going to relax this weekend. I stopped taking the pain medication, Percosets. I didn't like the way they were making me feel. So, I went out and bought some Aleve. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2009, 09:20:36 pm »
Hi GFs~

Queen, so sorry to hear of the craziness going on with Papi and with your wrist.  It seems like things are settling down a bit, so I'm glad to hear that.  Hang in there.
Betty, those are some horrible things that those people have gone though--the rape, the kid being shot, my goodness!  I hope they can get continued help.

I took today off to take Cheech back to the vet.  He is being tested for Cushing's so, we'll know after a few days or so.  They also did a skin recheck and we'll get those results Monday.  His skin is much improved after baths and antibiotics.  The groomer gave him a summer cut today and he looks like a little dingo or something.  Ice went to the vet with us, too, which was fun.  One lady asked how old my "puppy" was, hee hee.  Cheech is panting much less tonight because the thick coat is gone.

Well, my 40th is coming up on 11/14, and on the first Monday each month, at work,  we celebrate all of the birthdays for the month.  I am the only November baby, a special breed.   ;)  Ice is 11/11, so we are having a family party next weekend on 11/7.  My parents have never been to my new home in the year that I've lived here, so I figured I'd get them over here before we all got lost in the holidays coming up.

So, we are planning the birthday party and if you've read this far, I'm happy happy happy so F'n happy to announce that Ice proposed to me last night!  Yep, we were in the kitchen, finished dinner and dishes, and he said to close my eyes because he had a treat for me.  I figured it was a candy bar or something for Halloween.  He had been mushy lately with the approaching of our 2-year anniversary coming up on 11/2.  He had the ring for about a week and asked me to marry him last night.  I thought the ring was fake and that he was playing a trick on me.  We are a couple of mushy lovebirds and we are very happy.  So, yes, Gfs, I feel like I can breathe again.  I feel so safe with him.  Woo-hooooo for love!!!!  We went to see Dad, Grandma and Mom along three stops today while Cheech was getting groomed, to show the ring to everyone.  Mom is elated, she is very happy.  Gram almost fell over, hee hee!  It was a fun day!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:49:11 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2009, 11:43:01 pm »
Betty - Unfortunately this world is going to hell in a handbasket  :'(. All we can do is pray and do our part to try and make this a better world. Oh, wait, you're already doing that  ;D. You're being an angel here on earth. God Bless you!
Amy

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2009, 11:44:56 pm »
Congratulations Cindy & Ice !!!
Amy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2009, 01:07:37 am »
Congrats Cindy. You know I am happy for you both.....Show us a pic of the ring......*sings* Ice Ice Baby... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2009, 07:43:45 am »
Wow!  Congrats Cindy (and Ice)!  That's exciting news!  I'm sure there's a lot to do now, but take some time to relax.  And also, happy birthday!  This is the big 4-0 aye?  Way to go.  My next significant birthday will be the big 5-0 (I'm 44 now). 

Camms, I hope your sleep was better last night.  I have a scarey movie I rented from the library to watch tonight.  Hopefully I won't get scarey dreams.

Queen, I sure hope the wrist starts feeling better.  Good luck apartment hunting again.  I really hope you get one soon!  I wonder if the boot camp would have information about what's going on with your son? 

Netta, pizza sounds good. I almost ordered one last night, but went to Wendy's instead.  I love Wendy's chili.

Well, my friend decided to take her son off life support.  It's in the paper this morning.  They took him off last night.  I feel so bad for her.  I really couldn't imagine being in that situation.  God bless her.

Today I'm going to clean.  I wanted to sleep in, but my cat wasn't having it.  Since I get up so early during the week, she gets on the bed every day on the weekend at like 6:15 and starts meowing, and smells my face.  Trick-or-treat tonight from 5-7.  I guess that's it.  You all have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2009, 08:18:12 am »
Cindy, so when's the wedding?  I'm not that far away and fully expect an invitation ;D  I'd LOVE to see the ring, too!  I'm a hopeless romantic, too, so YEAH FOR THE LOVE!

Amy, A.N. is avascular necrosis.  Mim is being tested (via MRI) for it.  We're still waiting for the nurse to call us with the appointment date.

Netta, potty training is WONDERFUL!  Ava's been doing great and hasn't had an accident all week.  For some odd reason, she's taken to pooping near a small brick that's in our yard.  Not sure what the attraction is, but sure makes cleaning it up easy.  When she needs out, she sits on a rug near the kitchen door.  When she's hungry, she sits on the mat where we put her food / water dishes.  One thing our vet suggested - and it worked - was to only put her food and water down 2 - 3 times a day at the same time.  Also, only leave it down for 15 - 30 minutes then take it up (water, too).  The puppy will learn that when the food is down, it better eat.  Also, find a food (we use Iams) that doesn't have fillers.  Fillers make a dog poop more.  What also worked was this: we took her potty.  If she didn't go, she went back in her crate for 30 minutes - 2hrs.  Then we took her out again.  If she went, she was a free dog for 2hrs.  Then, we took her out again.  If she didn't go, then back to the crate she went.  Not only did it teach her to go when she was out, but it also helped us learn her schedule.

Queen, I'm sending you more healing moochies. :-*

Not a thing going on today.  I have laundry to do and that's it.  We're all hanging around in our P.J's.  We may take a ride this afternoon to see the leaves (while we still have some), but that doesn't require any of us getting dressed. ::)  Tomorrow after church, Ava is having her hysterectomy.  My best friend is a vet and if we had it done while the office is closed and Hubby scrubbed in to "help", then all we pay is $20 for the meds instead of $178.  We can't bathe her for 2wks, so I guess today I'll have to bathe her today.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2009, 08:35:10 am »
Mum, sounds like the vet has given you some good pointers!  Cheech looks like Eva with his new haircut, lol!

Betty, that's awful news about the son being taken off of life support.  Its very sad.   :(

Ice is working today, so I am doing laundry and trying to clean for next weekend.  I am going to be a Heavy Metal Rocker for Halloween tonight, giving out candy.  I have a red Gibson Flying-V (elec guitar) and I bought a really "big" hair wig.  I'll get pics up tomorrow.

My ring is a round stone, on a simple yellow gold setting for now.  Ice and I are going to the jeweler's tomorrow to pick out a new setting and wedding bands for the two of us. 

I still can't believe it!

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2009, 08:02:08 am »
Mum, I hope Ava's hysterectomy goes alright.

Cin, why doesn't it surprise me about you dressing up as a heavy metal rocker? ;)

My friend's son was taken off life support yesterday, not the day before.  I read the article wrong.  The really sad thing is that he was aware of everything going on.  He couldn't breathe on his own, and was paralyzed from the neck down.  And the bullet was still in his spine, they couldn't remove it.  He let it be known he didn't want to live like that.  They pulled the plug at 5:21, the same time as his birth.  :'(

Today I'm going to brunch with my best gay friend.  We're going to a restaurant I haven't been to in like 19 years.  It should be fun, we'll see.  You all have a good one.

Edited to add:  another development in my friend's son's story.  Yesterday they gave him a lot of Morphine, and he decided he doesn't want to die yet.  He still has the bullet in his neck, and they can't take it out, and he can't breathe on his own and is paralyzed from the neck down.  So, the closest place that will take him is in Indianapolis (we're in South Bend), which is a 4-hour drive.  I think it's going to be very touch and go from now on.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 03:50:32 pm by BT65 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2009, 12:30:01 pm »
Thanks for the moochies..I am guessing that is like smooches? I'll takes them.. :D And today is Ava's surgery, scratch her behind the ears for me. I will be praying to Bast for a fast recovery for her.  I wonder if Cindy is going to post any pics of her Halloween costume? I didn't do anything for Halloween, really couldn't with my wrist being jacked up. But even it wasn't, I really don't do the candy thing anymore. I celebrate it as a Pagan holiday, and usually performs some type of ritual.

Nothing on the agenda today but to watch football. And I finally get to meet one of Papi's sisters. I haven't met anyone in the family other than his daughter. So we shall see how that goes....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline missy

« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2009, 08:04:00 pm »
Congratulations Cindy I am so happy for both of you. I have been really busy with moving and unpacking. I didn't know you could ache in so many places at the same time. Things are starting to get organized. take dare and I will try to keep up.  Mary :P

Offline minismom

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2009, 02:22:51 pm »
Ava did really good during her surgery yesterday.  Our car, however, did not.  It suddenly stopped on the interstate when Hubby was bringing her home.  The kids and I had to go rescue them.  My poor baby was drugged out of her mind.  Her eyes were little slits and she was drooling all over her pillow.  When we got home, she'd try to stand up, would sway, and fall back over.  I felt so bad for her.  This morning she looked better, but would whine if she moved wrong.  We gave her a pain med and she pepped right up.  She's drinking a lot and had a bit to eat.  She's not back to 100%, but she's a lot more peppy.

Oh, about our car, we had to have it towed to a mechanic who can't get to it until "later this week".  Still trying to work out how we're going to get everything done this week with 1 car, Hubby's school and work, and dress rehersals.  I hate to rent a car, but it looks like we're going to have to.

Tomorrow morning, my mom is picking up the kids and bringing them to my grandma's house.  They're going to help rake and bag all her leaves.  Hubby'll be at school, so I'm going to have a few hours home by myself.  Now I've just got to figure out what I'm going to do. ::)

Hope everyone is having a great Monday.
Milli
www.watoto.com

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.