Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:48:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 312
Total: 314

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Cymbalta  (Read 6534 times)

Offline tabcowboy72

Cymbalta
« on: April 20, 2007, 11:08:10 am »
Has anyone been placed on Cymbalta for depression and the affects it has on peripheral neuropathy as i was placed on this to treat both depression, and peripheral neuropathy.

Todd

Offline Richierich73

Re: Cymbalta
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 11:20:55 pm »
I was on cybalta for clinical depression and seasonal affective disorder. I felt great for three months. After i had been taking it that long(two pills per day) I was walking down the street and thought about jumping in front of a bus that was coming my way. I stopped immediately! Lately I haven't been taking anything for my depression. I've tried it all it seems, welbutrin, lexapro, cymbalta, nothing seems to work for me.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 01:04:05 pm »
I just been taking it for a little over a month now.  Low dose, single 30mg 1X day. 
I'm no longer irritated as I was, but the perypheral neuropathy is not better. 
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 01:26:35 pm »
I was on it for a while.  Didn't feel a thing from it and thought it was a placebo, except that it also raised my blood pressure and greatly increased my weight.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Hard Times

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 02:18:48 pm »
i was on cymbalta for 6 months.  that was 6 months to long. i've been off it for 8 days now that stuff made me act like a stranger to myself !   i've tried every thing.  i'm on nothing now, &i feel ok, almost back to my self .  it didn't help neuropathy at all !   canabus helps the most. 
Your Body Is What You Are.
Your Soul Is Who You Are.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 02:47:01 pm »
Lately I haven't been taking anything for my depression. I've tried it all it seems, welbutrin, lexapro, cymbalta, nothing seems to work for me.

Me too...

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 05:51:17 pm »
update:

I've been taking Cymbalta for a little over 12 weeks now. I am up to 60mg 1X day and it works for me.
I'm not sure if I can say it is all due to the drug,  I moved in the past year and I am much happier where I am now and this does help.
Bottom line is that it does help the depression and anxiety, but not the neuropathy, cannabis still works much better for that.
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 07:55:08 pm »
I have a good friend (HIV negative) who swears by it.  She's been on it for over a year.

Have you had any weight gain on it?  I did, and my friend is a blimp.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 10:47:59 pm »
I have a good friend (HIV negative) who swears by it.  She's been on it for over a year.

Have you had any weight gain on it?  I did, and my friend is a blimp.

No weight gain for me, but all drugs have different effects on people.  Actually, I have the opposite problem...I have to force myself to eat!
I deal with a lot of nausea and loss of appetite due to my "cocktail", not too bad considering all the side effects I could experience.
I used to get Marinol for my appetite and nausea but I didn't have control of the levels of the meds and I was stoned the entire time and couldn't even get out of the couch sometimes.
I stopped the Marinol and began using California home grown cannabis and it is SO MUCH BETTER  ;D
I can manage my weight now and the neuropathy

Offline Hard Times

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 01:03:06 pm »
cymbalta;
KILLS your sex life, it makes it hard to maintain an erection !! & or get off .
it also made me paranoid & full of anxiety !
i've been off it for 3 weeks or so . no more anxiety performance problems !
i not afraid to go any wheres any more !    ieven got laid !    (finally)
cymbalta ; read the fine print, its not for everybody.  i say if you like sex , don't take it !
just putting in my 2 cents
                                                                              tommyj
Your Body Is What You Are.
Your Soul Is Who You Are.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 01:08:14 pm »
Tommy is right when he said it is not for everyone, but what pill is?
When it comes to anti depressants specially, you have to find which one works for you.
Cymbalta works for me.  It didn't have a bad sexual side effect either. 

Rich
(who likes daily sex)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.