Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:27:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773192
  • Total Topics: 66335
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 271
Total: 273

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hyperhidrosis [Excessive perspiration]  (Read 7225 times)

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
Hyperhidrosis [Excessive perspiration]
« on: July 05, 2006, 10:43:48 am »

I'm not sure if this is a side fx of the HIV and/or the medications...or it's a 'stand alone' issue.

It doesn't meet the medical definition of night sweats, though I sweat a lot when asleep...have to lay a towel over my pillow(case) but even then it soaks through to the pillow.  My prone areas are the forehead, chest, and back.  It drips from my wet hair also.

I can do five minutes of housework and have sweat pouring off my head and face.  Same thing when I am cooking.  It's not as bad in the winter (though winters in Arizona are like fall or spring in other places.)  I don't notice this in other people.

Anyone have this monkey on their back?

Gary

Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Re: Hyperhidrosis [Excessive perspiration]
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 02:05:37 pm »
oh yeah, I sweat constantly. Have for about two years.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 08:06:17 pm »
Hello Gary,

Several times a month, it seems, there are times when I have excessive perspiration, when sleeping. Sometimes, to the point of waking me up, and mostly from the back of the neck area, and the back in general.

I find it a little bit better,, when I turn a ceiling fan on....it helps.  It also seems that when I take on physical projects, I also have a tendency to perspire heavier then usual. I guess, I just live with it..

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 01:04:28 am »
Gary

How many times a week? When did this start?

Most definitely tell your doc and drink extra H2O to compensate for lost fluids

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 09:40:52 am »
Gary
How many times a week? When did this start?
Most definitely tell your doc and drink extra H2O to compensate for lost fluids

Hear you on the extra water...really important in this desert climate here anyway...sweating or no sweating.  Learned that the hard way...was hospitalized for four days due to dehydration...three years ago.  Anyway...in the winter I don't think I perspire much.  It's hot weather with humidity.  During such times it's at its peak when I'm sleeping (every time.)  I've told the physician but he really didn't have much to say on the topic.  Seems it's not to the extent such that it's considered official "night sweats."

Gary
Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Offline DCGuy511

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 08:26:09 pm »
I definitely have the same problem.  If I go outside in the summer for even a few minutes, when I return indoors I will sweat 15-20 minutes.  A y physical activity causes it.  It happens at night, but not every night.  I am not on HIV meds. Someone said it was the Wellbutrin, but I've was taking that for a number of years before this started happening.   My doctor does not have an explanation.
Steve
Infected/Diagnosed Fall 2003
"No Man Is An Island" - J Donne

Offline ademas

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 08:54:18 am »
I also do the towel-on-the-pillow trick, year-round.  The night sweats happen a couple nights per week, but I usually wake up before I soak through the towel.

I sweat easily and profusely.  I stopped going to the gym because it was disgusting me.  I now exercise at home, and I still sweat more than any human being I've ever met.

Drives me nuts.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.