Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 357
Total: 358

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The way to a boys heart is through his broken ribs  (Read 4962 times)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
The way to a boys heart is through his broken ribs
« on: May 17, 2015, 03:52:24 am »
'sup cunts?

So it turns out that socks and a highly polished wooden staircase makes Matty one badly bruised boy.

Just been put on Triumeq, which makes me queasy but is 1 tablet a day.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: The way to a boys heart is through his broken ribs
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 09:06:22 am »
Hey Matty,

Ouch. Sorry to hear about your accident slippin' and slidin'. Hope the mending goes well. 

Please respect our rule about not using "c***s and other like language.

Best,

Andy
Andy Velez

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 05:04:03 pm »
Hey Matty! Sorry to hear about your ribs. I hope you got some good pain meds.

I miss you!

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 07:13:12 pm »
Ouch!, well you won't be doing that again...did you never go sliding in your socks on shinny floors when you were a Kid?, I did, and learnt from it after receiving a very sore and bruised bum.  :D

Good to hear from you again.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 10:19:01 am »
Hey Matty,

Ouch. Sorry to hear about your accident slippin' and slidin'. Hope the mending goes well. 

Please respect our rule about not using "c***s and other like language.

Best,

Andy

Fuck off Velez, are you still here?

I love you to death but piss on that. Are we really not allowed to use working class language?

If not where in the moist clefts and folds of the various "welcome threads" is this no sweary bullshit to be found?

Enquiring minds and all that . . .

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 03:28:30 pm »
Matty, I've checked back and it was several years ago when there were problems with advertisers and others with questionable language and such on the site. Tim urged self restraint on the part of members and that has pretty much put the issue to rest since then.

So you need to stop using "c**t and other like language. I am not going to get into defending this further with you. It's how it is here.

Telling me to f**k off is completely unacceptable. I am going to remind you that you were allowed to return to the Forums with the understanding you would respect that a special exception was made to allow that and what it required of you on a going forward basis.

You are not entitled to be a special exception in your use of language or behavior here, Matty. With that in mind I am giving you a 30 day time out. Chill during the TO.

Andy Velez

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 03:50:43 pm »
Damn Andy once again you prove you have no sense of humor. The forums continue to die on the vine.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 05:52:33 pm »
Damn Andy once again you prove you have no sense of humor. The forums continue to die on the vine.

Dachshund,

If you have an issue, with a moderating decision, the proper thing to do is to send us a PM. 

What is not allowed, is to insult a moderator, after they have done their job.

If you do it again, you will be given a Time Out.

Consider yourself warned!

Joe
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:18:35 pm by Joe K »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 06:25:38 pm »

Is ass a word that's permitted here? 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 06:53:42 pm »

Is ass a word that's permitted here?

Yes it is, as most words are allowed. 

The issue in this thread, is the OP using a word that is degrading to our female members and not used by ANY of our other members.  We have ALWAYS had rules on the proper use of language.

Joe

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 07:19:54 pm »
Doxie, let's not have this escalate into a something. I don't mind being thought of as a humorless ass.  But in general we don't want name calling in the forums and I think you know that, and how much trouble has happened in the past when people indulged in it.

Best to you,

Andy
Andy Velez

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 07:38:36 pm »
It's not a word I like, but I do think that 30 days T.O is a bit harsh, what happened to the 7 day T.O?

Aroha
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 07:51:06 pm »
Doxie, let's not have this escalate into a something. I don't mind being thought of as a humorless ass.  But in general we don't want name calling in the forums and I think you know that, and how much trouble has happened in the past when people indulged in it.

Best to you,

Andy

I would never call you a humorless ass.   Joe maybe, but not you.   

I don't know.   I haven't been here in a while, but this seems almost like a witch hunt of sorts.

We know how the fuck Matty addresses the forums and his troops.   

I  call bullshit of epic proportions.   

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »
This thread is not evolving into anything of value that I can see. So let's all just be dissatisfied with it for various reasons and call it a closed case.

The thread is shut down now. Please don't anyone start a continuation of it in a new thread.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.