Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:26:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 232
Total: 235

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I need help, depressed for a year,am i infected?  (Read 51206 times)

Offline man_apart

Re: I need someone to answer me, please ...please
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2006, 09:40:35 pm »
I'm not going to discuss other cases with you in any detail. They bear no relevance to your situation. What is relevant to you that there is no risk for HIV transmission from what you describe.

Matty, I understand what u r saying, and i am not trying to make u tell me any details, i just ned a yes or no answer. Have u or any of the experts here tell someone they had NO risk (like in my case) and they ended up testing positive??

Thats is all i wanna know so i can see the possibilities, I am really sorry for being annoying, but please understand why I came here in the first place. Thanks alot for everything

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2006, 09:44:09 pm »
Matty, I understand what u r saying, and i am not trying to make u tell me any details, i just ned a yes or no answer. Have u or any of the experts here tell someone they had NO risk (like in my case) and they ended up testing positive??

Thats is all i wanna know so i can see the possibilities, I am really sorry for being annoying, but please understand why I came here in the first place. Thanks alot for everything

As Roddles and I have explained to you already the answer to your question is no. I have never seen somebody told in this place they would most likely test negative come back with a positive result.

Ya dig?

MtD

Offline freaked123

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2006, 09:44:52 pm »
deleted
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 09:53:57 pm by freaked123 »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2006, 09:48:28 pm »
Freaked,

One case suggesting something means nothing. I don't accept that HIV is transmitted in that way.

That's my expert opinion.

And don't hijack other people's threads. Stay in your own.

MtD

Offline man_apart

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2006, 09:49:59 pm »
most likely test negative? well everyone says i had no risk and i will test negative, (not most likely test negative), i believe that means I am in the safe side. (sighs)
Thank u very much for ur help, it is greatly appreciated (and the patience too)

Please take freaked123 post out of here, i dont need to be freaked out more, thanx

Offline freaked123

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2006, 09:54:19 pm »
most likely test negative? well everyone says i had no risk and i will test negative, (not most likely test negative), i believe that means I am in the safe side. (sighs)

Please take freaked123 post out of here, i dont need to be freaked out more, thanx

I'll take it out for you, sorry about that.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2006, 09:57:02 pm »
Freaked,

Stop apologising and stay in your own thread!  >:(

Man,

When I said "most likely" I was generalising to include other people who had small risks but would probably test negative. They all tested negative. I'm sorry if I was unclear.

You had no risk. You will test negative.

Best wishes,

MtD

Offline man_apart

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2006, 10:00:00 pm »
Thank you, thank you  :-*

Offline man_apart

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2006, 08:24:34 pm »
Hi everyone again, sorry about the post, but i just read in one of the posts on am i infected, that the secretions in the cervix is the infected one, and i did place my 2-3 fingers deep inside her and i am sure i touched the cervix and rubbed against it for so many times and over long time, literally my fingers where everywhere, i dont really remember if i had a hang nail, cut etc..,. but lets assume i had a hang nail cut which i usually have and she was HIV +ve, is this considered low risk or no risk? please answer me I am freaking out :(
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 12:54:33 pm by man_apart »

Offline man_apart

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2006, 08:47:08 pm »
MATTY? ANN? RAPIDROD? ?can anyone answer me plz...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 09:18:51 pm by man_apart »

Offline man_apart

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2006, 09:20:23 pm »
Did u guys put me on ignore? :'(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2006, 09:22:38 pm »
I didn't put you on ignore as of yet. But to tell you the truth it has gone on long enough. If you has stuck your fingers into her cervix. You wouldn't be typing, she would have broke your damn neck.

Offline man_apart

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2006, 09:29:08 pm »
I didn't put you on ignore as of yet. But to tell you the truth it has gone on long enough. If you has stuck your fingers into her cervix. You wouldn't be typing, she would have broke your damn neck.

what r u talking about? i dont understand!! i meant to say i had my fingers deep in her just as if it was a penis, so i went deep with my fingers, not just from outside , that is what i meant!

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2006, 09:35:19 pm »
what r u talking about? i dont understand!! i meant to say i had my fingers deep in her just as if it was a penis, so i went deep with my fingers, not just from outside , that is what i meant!

I don't want to speak for Rapid but I think he means, it's time for you to get over it.  Noone has ever gotten infected from fingering someone.  If you need the test to calm your fears than go ahead and take the test, collect your negative results and move on.

If you can't do that than you should seek professional psychological services to help you with this undue anxiety regarding a no risk situation.

Offline man_apart

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2006, 09:39:28 pm »
scienceguy, thanx alot, what about the PROLONGED deep kissing ,u agree with everyone that it is still no risk, despite my symptoms and the person being possibly HIV +ve? honestly?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 12:55:36 pm by man_apart »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2006, 09:43:57 pm »
scienceguy, thanx alot, what about the PROLONGED deep kissing with my gingivitis and periodontal disease, u agree with everyone that it is still no risk, despite my symptoms and the person being possibly HIV +ve? honestly?

Man,

You already know the answer to that. Kissing doesn't transmit HIV. Stop with the what-if's. You're really wearing out your welcome here. It's time you went and got some professional psychiatric help. We can do no more for you.

I have nothing further to say to you. I would encourage others to do likewise.

MtD

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2006, 09:48:04 pm »
Yes I agree with everyone who has already posted.  Again, think about how many people throughout the world engage in prolonged deep kissing - billions and yet there is no definitive evidence to suggest that this a route of transmission.

While i don't want to humor this line of thinking, you seem quite hung up on your dental problems.  Consider that it is very likely that the girl you were kissing had better dental care than yourself and wasn't bleeding profusely from the mouth, thus no risk.

Offline man_apart

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2006, 09:48:14 pm »
Matty, I am not trying to be annoying, and i am not asking sthg hypothetical, If it wasnt for my symptoms i wouldnt have even thought about anything. I just cant get it out of my head, day and night. If it wasnt for all those factors together, i wouldnt be here. I just need reassurance till i get my conclusive test in 2 weeks, and please understand that i have noone else to talk to except here, and that i am in desperate need for the support and for someone to talk to me. I have always given help and support to people all my life, even people i dont know, and this is the first time in my life i ever be this way. I am sorry again if i am being annoying or rediculous, I will not post anything anymore. thanks everyone for ur help.

Offline man_apart

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2006, 09:50:07 pm »
Scienceguy, she had perfect gums and teeth, that i am sure of and i didnt taste or see any blood, except that one time she brushed her teeth right before we kissed, so that is why i am worried. Anyway, i will not post anything anymore til i get tested , coz seems like everyone is mad at me and i can understand that. :-\

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2006, 09:53:46 pm »
I agree with Matty

You've gotten all the information you need here, any more dwelling on this issue is simply not warranted.  If taking an HIV test will alleviate this needless worrying than you should test and collect your negative results so you can move forward.

If you can't get past this you should seek the help of a mental health professional, keeping in mind that face to face contact with a trained professional is exceptionally therapeutic in helping to deal with this intense anxiety you're facing. 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2006, 10:10:45 pm »
I just don't understand something here. You give answers on medhelp you never said you had any trouble with english, but here you do. If you can give advise on medhelp then why are you here?

Offline man_apart

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2006, 02:31:12 pm »
I just don't understand something here. You give answers on medhelp you never said you had any trouble with english, but here you do. If you can give advise on medhelp then why are you here?
I simply repeat what i hear Dr. H  on medhelp saying in an effort to calm someone down (including myself).I read all the forums on medhelp,aidsmeds and thebody and i collect information with which I can help calm worried people down and interact with people, and if the information i put is wrong, the doctor will delete it. And please understand that when somene says they had unprotected oral for example, it is a crystal clear thing, unlike kissing with which there might be other circumstances like gum disease , etc.. and that is why there is conflicting info on the web about deep kissing and that is why I am here in the first place (to collect credible advice and information so I can know my real risk).
I didnt say i dont know how to speak english, but english is my second language and sometimes i have a problem understanding some expressions, like for example when matty said (YA DIG)? i never knew this one. I am not an expert or anything, and if u read my posts on medhelp, i always say ( I heard Dr. H say so and so) , i never claim to be an expert coz I know i am not.
I do appreciate all the help that u guys do here, that really does make a difference in people's  life. I started eating again and getting back to being myself from all the assurance I got from here and a couple of other places, I know I still cant get over it completely unless I take a test and see a negative in my face, but at least I started to function again. I will take the test in 2 more weeks and I will inform u of the results either way. Thanks again guys for ur help,U r the best  :-*

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2006, 03:38:54 pm »
Man, all I can do is my my comments to the chorus which have already repeatedly and correctly told you that you were not at risk for HIV in the incident you are concerned about.

You have no basis whatsover in HIV science for your worries. No risk. Period. End of story.

This is all about head stuff and not in anyway HIV.

Andy Velez

Offline man_apart

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2006, 04:48:17 pm »
Man, all I can do is my my comments to the chorus which have already repeatedly and correctly told you that you were not at risk for HIV in the incident you are concerned about.

You have no basis whatsover in HIV science for your worries. No risk. Period. End of story.

This is all about head stuff and not in anyway HIV.

Thank you so much Mr. Velez for taking tthe time to read my problem and for ur answer, it has indeed reassured me more and more, I am only worried because the condition of my gums (gingivitis and periodontitis) and the symptoms (swollen nodes mainly) that I had/still have. IF it wasnt for that I would'nt have worried at all. But indeed every single person said I had no risk even with the conditions of my gums. Do u recommend testing at all, I am really very scared to take the test, and yet very scared not to take it, from ur experience shall I get a test? and if yes , shall i take the home kit or better see a doctor so he/she can assess my symptoms incase it turns out to be mono or sthg like that? Thank u a million...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2006, 06:32:25 pm »
Man,

You've already been told you don't need to test and that you should see your doctor about your symptoms. Whatever is going on, it isn't about hiv.

You might think it's ok to post "advice" that you "heard" on internet forums, but don't you think it makes the job of others more difficult? Because we have to follow you around making sure your "advice" is correct and deleting it if it isn't. That is time consuming. I suggest you leave the advice-giving to people who really do know what they're talking about.

You've been repeatedly told you have NOT have a risk in anything you've brought to us. Please read the posting guidelines found in the Welcome Thread and take notice of what they say about posting repeatedly about a no-risk situation. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline man_apart

« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2006, 08:59:54 pm »
quote author=Andy Velez link=topic=3262.msg36889#msg36889 date=1156610351]
Bleeding gums or not you don't HIV from kissing. Period. End of story.

Please read the lesson on transmission in the first thread in this section. You can enjoy kissing and a lot more as long as you follow some basic safer sex guidelines. Mainly it's about condoms for intercourse. But read the lesson and get it all down. This epidemic is going to be around for a long time to come. You can enjoy your sexuality, protect yourself and skip a lot of unnecessary worrying by following the guidelines consistently.

This time out you have no cause for concern.

Cheers,
[/quote]

I have a follow up on this, if the other person was recently infected with HIV and unaware of the infection, thus having a very high viral  load, will that make the situation a bit risky, or still will not make a difference? thank u for the help

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2006, 09:04:09 pm »
Not a bit of difference with kissing.

Offline man_apart

« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2006, 09:18:35 pm »
Not a bit of difference with kissing.

did u also bear in mind the bleeding/bad gums? or did u mean only kissing with  one person having a high viral load (without the gum problems?)? thanks for clarifying.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2006, 09:26:04 pm »
Come back when you find ONE DOCUMENTED case that someone got infected by kissing or deep kissing.

Offline man_apart

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2006, 09:44:07 pm »
Come back when you find ONE DOCUMENTED case that someone got infected by kissing or deep kissing.

RapidRod, i am not trying in any way to argue with u or say that i am not convinced of what u r saying. I am asking this for real as i want to know and educate myself and assess my risk (that is the whole point of me being here),I AM HERE TO ASK UR HELP NOT TO ARGUE WITH U.
What i meant is Mr. Velez said no risk even with bleeding gums, and i asked so deep kissing with bleeding gums and  ADD TO THAT a high viral load will still pose no risk? my whole point was to apply this to my situation, considering the person had a high viral load ON TOP OF MY GUM CONDITION, i just wanted to know the answer not to try and argue with u. I swear that is my whole point of the questions i keep askinf.Thank u for understanding.  and I so much  appreciate the help and the support...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2006, 08:03:52 am »
I wasn't arguing with you. I just asked you to present ONE DOCUMENTED case. It has never happened and you won't be the first.

Offline man_apart

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2006, 07:28:29 pm »
ANN, Rapidrod,matthews,MR. Velez and TIM .I am really sorry to post this, but I have been feeling so down and I discovered 2 more swollen nodes in my neck, that makes it a total of 4 nodes , one of which is an almond size. Now I know everyone told me I had no HIV risk from my encounters, but I have been reading on many forums that alot of people had lymph nodes swollen in their neck that match mine and that is why they went to get tested and found out they are positive. The nodes have been swollen for 7 weeks now (started 6 weeks after the encounter), i know that if i test now i will know for sure, but I am scared to test, I dont know what to do, I dont know what i will tell my wife. I am really so so scared. Is their any slight chance i might be infected, or is it a definite no?? If my flu was due to mono like a lot of people suggested, would the nodes still be swollen for all this time?

Please, please, someone answer me, I dont have the courage to go get tested, I am so scared to test, Is this really all in my head? what about my flu , and my swollen nodes now, I am sorry for whinning but I really need the support, I have no one to talk to about this except online, thanx 4 listening.  :'(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2006, 07:43:45 pm »
Get off the Internet and see your family doctor for the symptoms you think you have. You never had a risk for HIV, so there is no need to get the courage up to test.

Offline man_apart

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2006, 07:58:47 pm »
Rapid, have u ever seen someone who had ARs symptoms and swollen nodes for 2 months now and ended up testing negative?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2006, 08:09:19 pm »
All the time. Those are non-specific symptoms, and even a cursory reading of this site shows most people who read about symptoms of HIV over the internet instantly start examining their lymph nodes, which in turn makes them swell.

Moreover... you did not have an HIV risk. I am sorry we have obviously failed to communicate that to you.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline man_apart

« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2006, 08:12:58 pm »
All the time. Those are non-specific symptoms, and even a cursory reading of this site shows most people who read about symptoms of HIV over the internet instantly start examining their lymph nodes, which in turn makes them swell.

Moreover... you did not have an HIV risk. I am sorry we have obviously failed to communicate that to you.

Jkinatl2 , i completely understood what everyone has been telling me, u guys have been so helpful., it is just the lymph node swelling, i have never experienced it, can this all be a coincidence? I know u might think I am stupid, but if u were in my position  u will understand how i am feeling. I dont mean to be annoying, but could this all be sthg else other than HIV? Is there any slight chance u guys can be wrong, or based on my situation it is definetly NOT related to HIV? Thanks alot for ur support, i am sorry again if i am being annyoing.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2006, 08:29:18 pm »
Can it be a coincidence? Maybe. More likely, the swelling is a result of the stress and poking at/examining your lymph nodes. So in that case, it's not a coincidence, but rather a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I do not think you are stupid. I think you are feeling very anxious and guilty, and HIV is the boogeyman of this modern age. But you simply do not get HIV through the activities you mentioned.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline man_apart

« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2006, 08:41:06 pm »
Can it be a coincidence? Maybe. More likely, the swelling is a result of the stress and poking at/examining your lymph nodes. So in that case, it's not a coincidence, but rather a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I do not think you are stupid. I think you are feeling very anxious and guilty, and HIV is the boogeyman of this modern age. But you simply do not get HIV through the activities you mentioned.

Thank u for giving me a relief, i was pokling my neck alot and still poking everyday  100 times for the last 12 weeks, u r right. I really hope that u read the details of my post including my gum conditions coz this is what is scaring me in the first place, i do thank u and everyone who helped me in here from the bottom of my heart, u guys are so wonderful, i will try and get a grip of myself, and build the courage to get the test very soon, i love u all....

Offline man_apart

« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2006, 09:25:03 pm »
Mr. Velez, sorry i had to Pm u and others about this, i didnt know i can post this in my thread. I am confused about the fact that u told LOVELIFE he had NO risk and he ended up testing +ve. I know it is none of my business, and i am not arguing ur credibility, i just freaked out coz u guys told me that u NEVER told someone NO risk and that person ended up testing +ve. I am freaked out coz u guys told me NO risk based on what i said, and I have been so honest about everything i said in my situation, i dont drink alcohol or do drugs, so i remembered everything, and i didnt come here to lie, i came here for help, and i appreciate all ur help guys, i just need some assurance, i had symptoms of ARS, and swollen nodes now, and everyone said NO risk, is this a 100% NO risk and i should count on that? I know i will take the test soon, i just wanted to know my possibilitis, thats why i am here begging for ur help.

I swear, I respect every single one of u guys for the help u give to all the worried souls like myself, I am just scared and alone in this, that is why anything like that makes it worse for me,I appreciate the feedback, I still love u all and respect u all...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 09:27:41 pm by man_apart »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2006, 09:35:34 pm »
If you would have stayed in this forum like you were told before you wouldn't have to worry about it. He did not have a risk of HIV and No he shouldn't be in the "I Just Tested Poz" forum. I take great offence to what he has done. I'm sure it will be taken care of shortly. Just stay in this forum and you won't have a damn thing to worry about.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2006, 10:02:21 pm »
Man,

One other thing -- don't send me PM's asking for advice. Why? Because it pisses me off.

MtD

Offline man_apart

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2006, 01:44:43 pm »
If you would have stayed in this forum like you were told before you wouldn't have to worry about it. He did not have a risk of HIV and No he shouldn't be in the "I Just Tested Poz" forum. I take great offence to what he has done. I'm sure it will be taken care of shortly. Just stay in this forum and you won't have a damn thing to worry about.
RapidRod, I didnt mean to worry myself, I just clicked the link to see who was there thas all.

Man,

One other thing -- don't send me PM's asking for advice. Why? Because it pisses me off.

MtD
Man, chill!! I didnt think i can post a question like this in my thread that is why i tried the pm thing, and when Mr. Velez told me to post my questions in my own thread , i did right away. I didnt mean to piss u off, sorry!!

Offline man_apart

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2006, 03:40:42 pm »
I have a question. when u guys say there has been no documented cases, what do  u mean by that? Do u mean that the person has to document his/her case with the CDC? or what? Is this the only reason why u say no risk, coz there is not documented cases? What if alot of people got infected this way but they did not want to document their case, lets say for personal reasons? I am not trying to argue anything, I just want to understand where the information is coming from. Am I really a worried well? Thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2006, 05:13:29 pm »
It's time that you move on. You were given your assessment and there is no further reason for you to be in this forum. I see no further reason to keep going over and over this with you.

Offline man_apart

« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2006, 05:15:21 pm »
i understand i had my assessment and i appreciate it, i just dont understand this documentation thing, thas all. Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2006, 04:44:48 pm »
Man,

I need you to stop going around giving out your own peculiar brand of "support" and "advice". You are in no position to be doing so in these forums, particularly giving advice via PMs. You are very, very close to being given a time out. Please consider yourself warned for the last time.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline man_apart

« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2006, 05:25:05 pm »
Man,

I need you to stop going around giving out your own peculiar brand of "support" and "advice". You are in no position to be doing so in these forums, particularly giving advice via PMs. You are very, very close to being given a time out. Please consider yourself warned for the last time.

Ann

I dont know what do u mean by peculiar brand of support, if u r refering to scared_aussie, i know him from hw, and we talked many times, and all i told him was to calm down and come talk to me on hw chat if he wants to.
"Hey bro, take it easy on urself ok? u r not pathetic or anything!! i am on hw chat if u wanna come and talk.I am sure someone will come and answer your questions here, it is just usually over the weekend there is not alot of activity here, or so I noticed."  <====there is nothing wrong with saying that!!!

And as for the pm I sent to Dude, i sent him a link to one of the moderators on hw, where he explains that part with the blood thing, so I was not giving any advice to anyone, and I never claimed to be an expert at all!!
Although this site is great as far as giving information and risk assessement, it lacks alot of emotional support which most of us "worried souls" need at that time.
I -in no way- intended to offend anyone here and i never will, I do respect everyone here and everything that u do here, and i am sorry if i tried to calm someone (that i already know) down. I will not do it again!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2006, 05:34:27 pm »
am not tryin to scare u, but there is a guy who got infected due to a fight, here is a link to teh case

The are no documented cases of someone getting HIV from fighting. I read the post that you referred Dude to and say his conclusion of contracting HIV is preposterous.

Offline man_apart

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2006, 05:39:30 pm »
Well,
am not tryin to scare u, but there is a guy who got infected due to a fight, here is a link to teh case

The are no documented cases of someone getting HIV from fighting. I read the post that you referred Dude to and say his conclusion of contracting HIV is preposterous.

I know what u r saying, and that is why i asked u what do u mean by documented cases?? documented to who? does the case has to be part of a study supervised by doctors? or someone can go to a doctor and say i kissed someone and i want to test for HIv, and if he tests positive, then the case will be documented.
In other words, is documentation related to patient reporting or scientific studies of magnetic couples? coz if it is related to only supervised studies, it doesnt mean that no one got it from kissing, or recieving oral etc....
It is easy for someone to say there has never been a documented case of transmission through kissing, but now when i ask u what do u mean by documented, u dont want to answer the question!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2006, 05:47:08 pm »
Like we have said before you DO NOT know enough about HIV. If anyone has Positive result it's documented. It's a requirement that all positive results are documented and reported to the health department. So if someone wants to claim they were infected by unusual circumstances, it would be investigated and reported to the CDC.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.