Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:04:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 201
Total: 201

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Nervous but Excited !  (Read 5358 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Nervous but Excited !
« on: September 07, 2006, 12:13:56 pm »
Well after working the summer pretty much non-stop with all the the glorious tourists and such, its time to get out of the mountains and experience the city again...  I am a bit nervous about the Aids walk and how I will generally feel about being around so many others like me..  Its pretty much been the Will & Eric show up in our mountain home.  My only other exposure is here, but never getting to hug and hold others...  I hope this is an opportunity to feel better being who I am....   I will take some pictures...   Ill miss everyone here while I am on vacation for 5 days!  Hope everyone stays well and gets "weller" while I am gone...

All My Love,

Aids Colorado Walk 2005
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nucliawaste.com/aidswalk2005/IMG_3358.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.nucliawaste.com/aidswalk2005.html&h=308&w=306&sz=48&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=wKv1ElCpYtcExM:&tbnh=117&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Daids%2Bwalk%2Bcolorado%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 12:21:30 pm by Eric »

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: Nervous but Excited !
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 12:49:21 pm »
oh you darling :-* ... based on your lovely positive "Eric aura"  ;) and last year's pictures, this sounds right up your alley sweety!!  8) and maybe kyan douglas will be at this year's too, woof! SO GLAD FOR YOU  :-*

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 12:55:07 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:09:06 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 02:28:18 pm »
Dear Eric,
I can understand why you feel the way you do.
But you'll be fine and you'll have a really great time!

You'll have so much love and support and knowing you, you'll make many new friends

STAY SAFE!!!!!

Im gonna miss you so much!!!

HAVE FUN ;D

Talk to me soon ;)
Peace,
Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline Sky

• Myspace
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 03:37:12 pm »
Aww Eric you'll be fine.  Plus it's an opportunity to become friends with so many other people...friends are always a plus!  I hope you have a great time, don't do anything I wouldn't do  ;)

Charlie
Poz since 2003.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 03:51:13 pm »
Thanks for the support!!  I will be thinking of you all for sure!

Here is one last item... I was getting my morning coffee this am at work and the CFO of the hotel I work for comes up to me and says "I saw on channel 9 news out of Denver that this is the big Aids walk..  "  I said yeah, this about the time that they do it.".  He says "So are you and Will going to walk in it??  I said "well sure, its right in our backyard anyway.." He said,  "Eric, have a great time, you deserve it and thanks for all your hard work this year"..  WOW....  This is the one person who I have not disclosed to..  My immediate bosses know, but I never had a conversation per sa with him....   Oh well.....   I know he cares about me and Will and Aspen is such a small community...  It actually feels great to know that he is behind us and supports me.....

I am outed again....  My two other bosses both gave me hugs and told me to "have a great time and enjoy being with your friends..."   But please come back, we need you!!

Today is a great start to the long weekend.....

Love you AMG!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 05:57:54 pm »
Have a fabulous holiday, Eric!

MtD :-*

Offline Eldon

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 06:20:18 pm »
Hello Eric,

Enjoy your time off with William. It is well deserved. Also, enjoy the AIDS Walk in Denver. Tell us all about it when you come back from your vacation.

Have the BEST Day!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 06:20:53 pm »
Doing something for the first time is always a bit nerve racking,  and now you have that extra suport behind you things are going to be fine...just enjoy the experience...have a great 5 days.

Looking forward to seeing some photo's when you get back.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 06:46:33 pm »
Eric,

I know you and Will will have a great time!! Go!! Enjoy yourselves!
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 02:26:01 am »
It is a real pleasure to know you are so supported with work.

You are going to have a wonderful time Eric!

We will miss you!

Drew

Offline bear60

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 08:34:18 am »
Eric......You need this experience!!
 But..................... I will tell you that the Aids Walk here is more and more geared for everyone BUT HIV positive people.  They bring school kids by the busload....everyone wants to do good and support a cause.....somehow forgetting or leaving out the HIV poz folks. Dont know what its like in Denver...but dont expect to be surrounded by thousands of HIV poz people.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 08:49:01 am »
Eric, and Will,

You guys have a good time in the big city, and please don't spend too much money at Cherry Creek.  Kiss the salesman at Bang and Olafson for me please......  ;)

In Love.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Robert

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 11:34:13 am »
I can't imagine a walk in Denver that would not include City Park.  I used to jog there every day from my parents home in Park Hill.  And when I was in high school (EAST), every MOnday we had to jog around the lake.  I wish I knew then just how much I liked jogging. 

Have a great time.

robert

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 11:50:30 am »
Eric, have fun and, whatever you get up to, enjoy!!!

Melia :)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Denver Toad

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 02:24:06 pm »
Eric, I will give you a call tonight or Saturday. I'l be there plenty early. Weather is going to be fantastic, this is going to be awesome!!
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.