Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:27:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 221
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

Where do you store your supply?

All in the fridge
0 (0%)
some in fridge
11 (17.2%)
cupboard in kitchen
14 (21.9%)
medicine cabinet in bathroom
8 (12.5%)
drawer/cabinet in bedroom
16 (25%)
in the safe
2 (3.1%)
on your person
3 (4.7%)
other (please post to specify)
10 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Where do you keep your meds?  (Read 22353 times)

Offline LordBerners

Where do you keep your meds?
« on: November 17, 2010, 12:53:08 pm »
I was just inspired to post this (hope its not redundant), by this thread:
.. For me my meds sit in front of my bathroom sink.  This means I cannot groom myself, brush/floss my teeth, shave, apply cologne, or anything else without seeing/moving my meds.

Please share where you keep them and if this has any rationale behind it.
Please, just call me Berners.. or Baron.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Where do you keep your meds?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 01:43:48 pm »
I don't take hiv meds yet, but I do take some meds for other things and I keep them in a pill tray on the kitchen counter next to the kettle. I also keep a few in my jacket or bag in case I stay at my bf's house or elsewhere unexpectedly. I keep any extras in a drawer in the kitchen.

edited to add...

When I eventually start hiv meds, I'll do the same as I do now. I expect by the time I start if my combo includes Norvir, it will be the tablets and not gel caps so I won't have to worry about keeping them in the fridge.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:12:40 pm by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 01:49:40 pm »
I keep all the medicines in the house on the highest shelf in one kitchen cabinet, except for my personal medications.  I keep those in a different cabinet also on the highest shelf and my Norvair I keep in the fridge.
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 01:58:18 pm »
I keep my Norvir in the fridge.  The rest I keep in a wicker basket on my dresser -- the thinking being that I could grab the basket if I needed to flee a fire or some such in the night.  I also have some "overflow" in my linen closet (I've built up a 6 month-ish stock and it won't all fit in the basket).

I would never leave my meds in the bathroom -- high humidity (i.e. shower steam) is usually not good for meds.

mike

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 02:24:10 pm »
I keep my Norvir in the fridge and my other meds in the bottom drawer of my bedroom dresser where they will be cool, dry and convenient when I wake.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 02:36:29 pm »
Not really the medicine cabinet.  Its a cupboard with grooming products and medicine I take everyday.  Keep it there because its the obvious spot.  Plus theres a counter where I can put all my shit together for overnights.

Plus there is medicine in my two desks in two different offices. Plus some in my best friends' house.

Maybe I miss a dose a year? I dunno for sure because I dont count pills and dont fill a weekly pill box.  

Oddly, I saved all the empty bottles and cardboard boxes in a garbage bag in the attic cause I thought I could  make a point with it someday... but what point?  This is pure hoarding and also any point would probably be bitter.

OK I'll throw out that bag with the trash on Friday.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:38:52 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 02:42:09 pm »
I'm not a hoarder but I've saved every bottle of Atripla I've taken so far.  I do the same thing with beer bottlecaps when I go drinking so that the next morning I can count how many I've had.  Each bottle represents thirty pills so I can figure out exactly how many pills I've taken.  I'm already up to 360+ and it seems like I JUST started.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 02:53:36 pm »
lolwut
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 02:55:59 pm »
ps: there's absolutely no need to keep your current 30-day Norvir supply in the fridge, only months 2-3 if you're getting medications on a 3-month schedule.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 02:58:06 pm »
I'm not a hoarder but I've saved every bottle of Atripla I've taken so far.  I do the same thing with beer bottlecaps when I go drinking so that the next morning I can count how many I've had.  Each bottle represents thirty pills so I can figure out exactly how many pills I've taken.  I'm already up to 360+ and it seems like I JUST started.

Esmeralda collected door knobs so I suppose that not to strange .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 03:22:33 pm »
I keep the Atripla on a shelf in my closet.  No direct sunlight gets to them and they are safely kept in the same place at all times.  All other meds are in the bathroom medicine cabinet along with mouthwash, toothpaste, etc.  I dont keep empty bottles because I dont want clutter.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 03:41:45 pm »
Main stock kept in cupboard, enough for 1 week plus kept in wash  bag theory being I can always make a speedy getaway, reality always have to calculate whats in wash bag, stock up from cupboard and a adjustment to meaning off speedy get away.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 03:54:25 pm »
ps: there's absolutely no need to keep your current 30-day Norvir supply in the fridge, only months 2-3 if you're getting medications on a 3-month schedule.

Yeah, good point. I buy 3 months at a time and keep one bottle in the drawer and the other two in the fridge.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 03:56:48 pm »

Why do you do that? You know you can get a print out from the pharmacy on all the meds you have taken, right?

Offline David_CA

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 04:23:50 pm »
I keep a week's worth of pills in a pill case on the kitchen counter, the current bottles in a wicker basket on my dresser, backups / 'extras' in a drawer, and an Atripla, some Adderall, and a Klonopin in a little pocket pill holder.  I rotate out the Atripla so it doesn't get old.  This way, I never really have to worry about not being able to take my meds, though I take Atripla in the morning, and I do usually wake up in my (our) own house!  Still, one never knows when it might come in handy. 
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline mecch

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 04:26:14 pm »
I saved em as part of dealing with the shock of sudden positivity followed by sudden HAART.  ???
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 04:29:46 pm »
I keep my meds in a purposely designed kangaroo scrotum pouch.

I believe it was taken from a Western Red.

MtD

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 04:32:47 pm »
They sit on a counter, right next to the last light to be turned off at bed time.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline bocker3

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 04:33:21 pm »
I keep my meds in a purposely designed kangaroo scrotum pouch.

I believe it was taken from a Western Red.

MtD

I am not at all surprised -- all in all, pretty ballsy of you.   ;D

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 04:52:49 pm »
my backup stash is in a box on a shelf in the closet. (several month's worth since it's hard to tell if SC's medicaid might crash and burn at some point, or a hurricane, or a flood, or maybe another move to another state)

This month's worth of pills are in a weekly pill box on my week. (I remember back when one day's worth wouldn't fit into those 4 compartments of just one day in a weekly box; and now I can put a whole day each into one - morn, nooon, eve, and bed - so I get a whole month into a pill box now).

I keep a daily dose in a keychain fob, so I have no excuse when I'm caught out and about and it's time to take them.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline eric48

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 05:59:37 pm »
Hi,

I keep my stock in a locked drawer and various side stocks/supplies in some separate locations:

1 week supply in the car
1 day supply in pocket wallet
1 day supply in a convenient little container attached to my cell phone
1 day supply in a convenient little container attached to my car keys
(I am a bit more carefull now but when I was younger, I'd loose all these stuff on a regular basis)
(pickpockets are a pestilence in this city, too...)
3 days supply in my back pack
5 days supply in my hand carry
5 days supply in a UPS approved storage where I can order UPS overnight shipments to just anyhere via internet

my usual source is a pill box that is enclosed in a leather Hugo Boss eye glasses container by my bed (the looks of it is less offensive)

there is a line up:
pill box/glasses container / small bottle of water / alarm (cell phone) (from left to right)
so that turning the alarm of is always the last step in the process

One day I wanted to time how long it takes of my melds, but could not since I kind of do wake/put in mouth/water drink/alarm off/back to sleep in less than 2 seconds

also I do not have 1 pill box, but 5 (they hardly cost 2-3 $...) so that I fill the pill boxes monthly and rotate every sunday

It is not usual , but not unheard of that we may , here, suffer from 1-2 days shortage at the pharmacists. 1 week shortage have been reported.
Also a local GSK branch was on strike for 3 weeks..

While travelling keep extras just in case (a volcano cloud over Island and you can be stuck for a week in some airport in a foreign country...)

Cheers

Eric
NVP/ABC/3TC/... UD ; CD4 > 900; CD4/CD8 ~ 1.5   stock : 6 months (2013: FOTO= 5d. ON 2d. OFF ; 2014: Clin. Trial NCT02157311 = 4days ON, 3days OFF ; 2015: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02157311 ; 2016: use of granted patent US9101633, 3 days ON, 4days OFF; 2017: added TDF, so NVP/TDF/ABC/3TC, once weekly

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 06:15:42 pm »
I have a halfwall when you exit my shower and its 1/2 tile and 1/2 glass. Where they meet there is a shelf so I've gotten used to putting all my vitamins and meds there. Then I fill a weeks supply up every monday and I just go down the shelf. Ofcourse I keep my Norvir in the fridge, and yes Miss P, that while I only get 30 days at a time, I still refridgerate them.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 06:58:35 pm by numbersguy82 »
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 06:20:51 pm »
I take Truvada and Issentress. They're in a 7 day pill organizer on the bathroom sink.

I've found that I can store the two Issentress and one Truvada in a contact lense case (the kind with the screw on lids). Each side will hold 3 pills; a day's dosage. I typically carry that with me in my pocket or my laptop case when I'm out in case I don't make it home on time. It's inconspicous, waterproof, and convenient and has served me well in a couple of cases where "happy hour" or some other event lasted longer than expected. Prior to this regimen, I was able to keep 4 Atripla (2 on each side) in the case.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 07:29:22 pm »
I have medicines all over. Syringes,needles and IV setups are in the cabinets in the master bath. IV meds ,amphotericin B, saline and heprin are in the fridge. HIV Meds and Bactrim on the kitchen counter.  AndroGel, Asprin, and Lipitor are in my desk in the computer room. Everything is in what room I will be using them.

Offline fearless

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 09:59:49 pm »

Are you guys still taking the gelcaps or do you keep the tablet one in the fridge too?

I just all of mine in the pantry. I left an unwrapped paracetemol in their last night and it was half eaten this morning - I guess mice or cockroaches get headaches too.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 10:03:19 pm »
I left an unwrapped paracetemol in their last night and it was half eaten this morning - I guess mice or cockroaches get headaches too.

;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 10:03:49 pm »
Are you guys still taking the gelcaps or do you keep the tablet one in the fridge too?

The tablet became available here back in March, and no there's no need for it to be in a fridge.  Ever.

If someone in the US is still taking the gel cap it's either by choice or their doctor hasn't bothered to change the script during refills.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 10:17:00 pm »
I keep them in my weekly pill box on the kitchen counter.

hugs
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 10:59:10 pm »
I am not as organized as I should be. I keep them in the original bottles on my dresser (yes, even the Norvir), one of the bottles doesnt even have a cap on it. *sigh* I have a pill organizer, but it mostly just collects dust.

@Hellraiser- yes, you are a hoarder. One day we are gonna see you on that Hoarders show with 3,000 empty Atripla bottles strewn about your house.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 11:00:20 pm »
I am not as organized as I should be. I keep them in the original bottles on my dresser (yes, even the Norvir), one of the bottles doesnt even have a cap on it. *sigh* I have a pill organizer, but it mostly just collects dust.

@Hellraiser- yes, you are a hoarder. One day we are gonna see you on that Hoarders show with 3,000 empty Atripla bottles strewn about your house.

-Will

And I'll be 279 years old, there's your reason for taking HAART kids!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 11:07:21 pm »

Don't feel bad, Wumpy.  Miss P keeps hers in the original bottle, and doesn't even own a pill organizer, nor has she ever.

Offline joemutt

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 11:08:56 pm »
truvada + viramune, one month's supply in the fridge, the bottles currently in use in a bedroom drawer, so a mixed answer to your Q. really.

Offline fearless

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 11:38:53 pm »
The tablet became available here back in March, and no there's no need for it to be in a fridge.  Ever.

If someone in the US is still taking the gel cap it's either by choice or their doctor hasn't bothered to change the script during refills.

I'm confused then as to why you suggested keeping months 2 and 3 in the fridge earlier in this thread?

Offline fearless

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 11:41:32 pm »

-Will

Mine never leave their original bottles either Willy. When I read some of the posts above thought OCD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 12:38:08 am »
I'm confused then as to why you suggested keeping months 2 and 3 in the fridge earlier in this thread?

because someone wrote this and another wrote this and yet a third person wrote this so I assumed that they must still be taking the gel cap.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 12:41:22 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 05:49:59 am »
you could fit the whole world in between eric48 and RapidRods systems
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 07:03:58 am »
We don't hide our meds from anyone in our own home. They are kept in the kitchen, in a cabinet with frosted glass doors, along with dishes, drinking glasses, cups and saucers.
Anyone feeling free enough to roam around in our home, should be comfortable with us being HIV positive.

Offline bocker3

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 07:22:50 am »

I was going to switch to the tablet, but there seemed to be a number of folks in here who developed GI issues upon switching.  I have never had a single "issue" with the gelcap, so I decided to leave well enough alone.

Mike

Offline NycJoe

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 09:25:10 am »
My bottles of pills stay in the top drawer of my nightstand while my weekly pill containers stay in the kitchen.  I take pills first thing in the morning and last thing I do before I go to bed.  Those weekly pill containers have been a real lifesaver.  I think I have missed once in 6 years and that was because the ambien got the best of me and I forgot.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2010, 09:26:14 am »
you could fit the whole world in between eric48 and RapidRods systems

One of those was about the most frightening posts I've ever read on here.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2010, 11:01:51 am »
1 week supply in the car
1 day supply in pocket wallet
1 day supply in a convenient little container attached to my cell phone
1 day supply in a convenient little container attached to my car keys
(I am a bit more carefull now but when I was younger, I'd loose all these stuff on a regular basis)
(pickpockets are a pestilence in this city, too...)
3 days supply in my back pack
5 days supply in my hand carry
5 days supply in a UPS approved storage where I can order UPS overnight shipments to just anyhere via internet

I feel so inadequate.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2010, 11:04:28 am »
I keep my meds in the spice cabinet.  No clue how that happened, but its the kitchen so when I make my dinner I go the spice cabinet grab my meds for the day sit down and eat and pop the pills.  oddly, it works.   When I had them in other places I kept losing them. 
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline wolfter

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 12:13:41 pm »
I keep a week's worth in a daily pill box and the rest in their original containers in a plastic tote that I keep under the foot of my bed.  That way, if I have to leave in a hurry, I can grab it on my way out.  Living in tornado alley, I want to be prepared to vacate quickly.  I remember back to the days that we couldn't use the daily pill boxes and I used individual pill bottles to indicate each dose.  A weeks worth of doses needed 25 individual bottles.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 04:52:13 pm »

Actually I checked with my insurance about the tablet and it will cost me $125 co pay for the tablet while my current gelcap is only costing $30. It doesn't make much sense, but I assume it has to do with categorization and the specialty drug classification. I hope I can eventually store all my meds unrefridgerated.
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2010, 05:01:52 pm »
Actually I checked with my insurance about the tablet and it will cost me $125 co pay for the tablet while my current gelcap is only costing $30. It doesn't make much sense, but I assume it has to do with categorization and the specialty drug classification. I hope I can eventually store all my meds unrefridgerated.

That's lame, anyway at some point I'm quite sure that they'll halt making the gel cap.  But still, my point is that you don't have to keep your "current month" supply in the fridge with the gel cap.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2010, 05:50:31 pm »
I was just inspired to post this (hope its not redundant), by this thread:
Please share where you keep them and if this has any rationale behind it.

I keep the Aptivus in the fridge, now the (Norvir aren't the jell-caps anymore), Isentress, and Truvada ,Tricor, Lipitor,Quinapril, I keep in the kitchen-cabinet with all of the other stuff like, Maalox, Milk of Mag, Multivitamins, beneidrill, and Coffee  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline wtfimpoz

• Let's make biscuits!
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2010, 02:08:37 am »
in the closet.  Literally and figuratively.
09/01/2009-neg
mid april, 2010, "flu like illness".
06/01/2010-weakly reactive ELISA, indeterminant WB
06/06/2010-reactive ELISA, confirmed positive.

DATE       CD4     %     VL
07/15/10  423     33    88k
08/28/10  489     19    189k
09/06/10-Started ATRIPLA
09/15/10  420     38    1400
11/21/10  517     25    51

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2010, 08:55:00 am »
My HIV meds bottle and the two other pills that I have to take these days sit by the bedside table; I don't care who sees them (if you have made it as far as my bedroom you're bound to find out that I gotz dee AIDS anyway).  That's if I am home, which happens rather rarely.  If I'm there I just take them directly from the bottle (and have remained fully adherent to this date).  While I'm on the road I just put enough of them in a separate container (whatever the length of my trip plus 4 days, just in case I decide to stay a bit longer or I get stuck at the airport).

I'm really surprised and puzzled by a couple of entries on this thread.  Very OCD in my opinion, but whatever works.

It is also interesting to see that some people keep the unused bottles for some reason.  Arts and crafts project maybe?
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline mecch

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2010, 05:05:26 pm »
My old bottle collection went out in the trash today, as decided.

Offline wtfimpoz

• Let's make biscuits!
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2010, 11:11:22 pm »
My old bottle collection went out in the trash today, as decided.

Haven't you previously mentioned a hoarding problem?  That must be a very big step for you!  Now on to the stacks of newspapers ;).
09/01/2009-neg
mid april, 2010, "flu like illness".
06/01/2010-weakly reactive ELISA, indeterminant WB
06/06/2010-reactive ELISA, confirmed positive.

DATE       CD4     %     VL
07/15/10  423     33    88k
08/28/10  489     19    189k
09/06/10-Started ATRIPLA
09/15/10  420     38    1400
11/21/10  517     25    51

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.