Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:36:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 291
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 253
Total: 254

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Holy Cow! I've been blipped!  (Read 10753 times)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Holy Cow! I've been blipped!
« on: December 26, 2006, 10:40:50 pm »
While tallking with the doc today about some other folk, he mentioned he had the results of my last labs.

Yep, I have a blip. For the first time since July 1996, I have a detectable viral load - 61 to be exact.

I have a notion it was the lab where I had the labs drawn. It was a new place, sort of a satellite facility for the main hospital. I should have known things weren't going well when I had to explain the difference between an HIV test (Wester Blot) and a viral load.

She wanted me to sign a consent form to be tested.  ???

I explained to her I didn't need to be tested. That was old news. What I needed was a viral load.

I'm willing to wager either they didn't send the blood samples out quickly enough or they sent it to a different lab. At any rate, I'm not all that worried about it.

Besides, my CD4 dropped to 940 something, so it probably was a botched set of labs.

I will probably test again in about three months just to make sure, but I think it was a glitch.

Then of course, the doc gave me the bad news.

His exact words were, "Your lipids are shitty."

You gotta love my doc. He doesn't mince words.

It seems, despite my taking 1,000 mgs of time-release Niacin, plus Zetia, plus 4.000 mgs of fish oil each day, my cholesterol is worse now than it was two months ago.  :-[

Of course, the holidays didn't help. I have been naughty regarding my diet. But I didn't think it would be this bad.

So, next week, when I have an actual appointment with my doc, we will be discussing "juggling" some of my meds, as the doc put it.

Hmmmmm, I wonder if he can do that while standing on one foot?  :P

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Longislander

Re: Holy Cow! I've been blipped!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 11:05:58 pm »
too bad you weren't 'blipped' in some better way!! I love your attitude!
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Jody

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 11:07:26 pm »
Hi Mark...Sorry to hear your cholesterol is up, I always worry about mine as well...My total is about 220, it was 280 a few years back...My good chol is good and triglycerides are pretty good so I will try to exercise more in 2007.  But who doesn't like high cholesterol foods after all?  I'll try to skip the juicy burger and fries, chocolate cake and ice cream and substitute more turkey and fish and steamed vegetables (OY)....Sigh, life is tough I guess....Keep on truckin' Aztec man

Jody  
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 11:17:03 pm »
HA!  My cholesterol was up near 500 (yes...500) this time last year.  Yes, I was a walking stick of butter.  Sorry yours are up high, too.  That's a minor little blip on your VL...I wouldn't worry too much yet!.  Good luck!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Tucsonwoody

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 11:30:47 pm »
Mark - good luck with whatever you might have to do to get this problem knocked down.  For some amazing and unknown reason I have always had very low levels - it was around 130 in September and I am one of those people who likes butter on his bacon.  Will be interesting to see how I react to the medications I am taking now and if it will go up a lot.

And I wished for guidance, and I wished for peace
I could see the lightning; somewhere in the east
And I wished for affection, and I wished for calm
As I lay there - Nervous in the light of dawn

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 11:43:18 pm »
You had to explain what an hiv test was!?! My goodness...I am glad you are so calm about that, I think I would have been yelling, or fainting, or both! LoL....How shitty are your lipids and what can you do to lower them? hope all goes better next time Mark...you are "The Man."
XOXO
Jeff
Positive since 1985

Offline aztecan

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 12:07:15 am »
Hey Jody,

I wish my good cholesterol was in good shape. That is the one I have the hardest time controlling.

Usually, I can drop the bad cholesterol through diet and exercise, but the good level drops along with it.

It could be worse, At least the doc isn't harping about my smoking.

Hey Jeff,

I had to look up the cholesterol information here again, because I never can seem to remember what they are supposed to be. I guess its my way of living in denial.  ;)

From the lessons here:

"HDL cholesterol: This is the total amount of “good” cholesterol in the bloodstream. A normal HDL cholesterol level is between 40 and 59 mg/dL. An HDL cholesterol level below 40 mg/dL can increase the risk of cardiovascular disease, as there isn't enough good cholesterol to manage the clogging of the arteries by LDL cholesterol."

My HDL is 27, which is better than the 17 it was about six months ago, but, still not optimal.

"LDL cholesterol: This is the total amount of “bad” cholesterol in the bloodstream. The optimal LDL cholesterol level is anything below 100 mg/dL. LDL cholesterol levels above 160 mg/dL are considered to be high and increase the risk of cardiovascular disease."

My LDL is 157.

I'm not sure what the next step is going to be. Well, that isn't exactly true. I will be back on my low-cholesterol diet again staring tomorrow. Tofu for breakfast, Vegenase spread instead of Mayonnaise, Smart Balance spread rather than butter, fish or boneless, skinless chicken six days a week, no bacon, no hamburger, no marbled beef, no cheese.

I also need to get back to my regular workouts. I have been lax as of late, mainly because of the holidays. So, at least three times a week, for at least 90 minutes, I will be sweating with the oldies (my fellow gym members.)

The doc will probably want me to start a statin of some sort. We tried Vytorin, but the Zocor in the Vytorin nearly caused me to have a heart attack, so that one is out. I have heard there are some statins that don't interact as much with the Crixivan, so maybe that's what we'll try.

I guess its back to the drawing board.

HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 12:15:21 am by aztecan »

Offline yowsaa

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 01:10:35 am »
Hey Mark,

About a year or so ago I also had a blip in the VL. Was explained to me that there was a change in the testing procedure and many clients showed a small rebound. You can call the ID doc and ask if your concerned.
Best of luck with the other stuff.

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 02:15:38 am »
Mark,
Your blood seems to be telling you something. I am very happy you are taking it seriously and being pro-active. Good for you.  I would also like to thank you, as this thread has promted me to get a full blood work up tomorrow! So thanks for the post: Thus the reminder. (Since we are the same age, I figure it would be a good thing to do.

Aidsmed to the rescue, once again.

Thanks Mark!
Positive since 1985

Offline Eldon

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 03:03:15 am »
Yes, I AM Supporting You!

Hey Mark...

It is GOOD to hear from you. Yes, it was more than likely a blip of some sort for your labs as you say a botched set. As far as the lipids are concerend...keep a close eye on that and please do keep us posted. Take care of YOU!

Thanks for chiming in and sharing with the group.

Don't You Dare Give Up... Don't You Dare Give In...
Because It Is ALL Within YOU to WIN!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 04:59:17 am »
Hi Mark,

I can't help but wonder if they screwed up all your labs. Is there any possibility you can have them all re-done sooner rather than later? If they screwed up the VL and CD4 tests, chances are they screwed up the rest.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline koi1

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 06:56:00 am »
Your numbers are still great, I'm jealous, and yes you were enjoying yourself this Holdiay season. The emotional comfort of food and people is worth a little blip in the cholesterol numbers, but get ti down. I hope I can start getting out there more to visit people when I gain some of my weight back.

rob
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 07:03:13 am by koi1 »
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 07:18:29 am »
sorry to hear about the blip.. 10 years though, that ain't bad odds.

re the cholestorol, would it be worth investigating a more lipid friendly combo, like reyataz etc..?

kate

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 08:47:17 am »
Hey Mark.  I think you have your answers in your post which, I hope, will destress all the data.  It does sound to me as though starting with the 'technician,' the lab work was destined for screw-ups.  They may not even be yours, if we really want to assume their worst efforts in play.  I used to have to remind the person to rock the blood in the tubes.  :) 

As for cholesterol, etc., by doing lab work before eating OR taking meds., I was able to see that it was all about the meds and what they did to me.  Without either in play, they were 'normal.'  I already know that statins don't work against them and have been reading some fishy things about fish oils.

I would say what I say to someone who got his or her first results: perspective.  These represent blips.  Let's see where things are at the end of 2007?  Best, Win

Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline aztecan

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 09:42:39 am »
Hey Win,
I did the tests after a 12-hour fast. Nothing but water during that time - and my meds of course. That is one of the reasons it takes me forever to get them done, I hate the fasts.

I can't really avoid taking the meds during that time though. I have to take them every 8 hours and Crix doesn't have a long lifespan in the body.

I think the lipids were made worse thanks to the holidays, but they weren't very good to begin with. I had hopes the Niaspan would help after I upped the dosage to 1,000 mgs two months ago.

I don't think the Zetia is working at all. Apparently, neither is the Niaspan. As for the fish oil?

At some point I may have to consider switching to another ARV regimen. I hate the thought of that, but it may be necessary.

But not untili after May! That will mark my 11th anniversary on these meds and I fully intend to hit that milestone.

The next time I have labs done, I will go back to the hospital lab where I traditionally have had them done. The other place is closer, but I think they really just botched the labs.

As Ann said, who knows, maybe they screwed up all of them.

Time will tell and there is nothing about which to panic. But I will steer others clear of the new facility just because I don't think they have it together as yet.

HUGS,

Mark

Offline bear60

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 05:31:23 pm »
Hugs Mark...
I wouldnt be too upset about a reading of 61.  Less than 50 is undectable is it not? Or am I wrong.  What exactly consitutes "undectable"?
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 06:20:37 pm »
Hello Mark,

I also would not be that concerned, at the moment with that number. I pulled a couple links up one was from these forums, when I had asked about Viral load blips, and the other link is from  John Hopkins. Perhaps you may get little bits and peices from those links.

From this site :

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=665.0  ( mention of collecting blood )

From John Hopkins :

http://qa.hopkins-aids.org/forum/search_result.html?section_id=61&keywords=Viral+load+blips

Another search from John Hopkins " high cholesterol" :

http://qa.hopkins-aids.org/forum/search_result.html?section_id=61&keywords=High+cholesterol

http://qa.hopkins-aids.org/forum/search_result.html?section_id=61&keywords=Triglycerides

There is a lot of reading material in those links, but like I mentioned earlier, perhaps you may find bits and peices, to help answer your concerns.

In regard to the cholesterol, believe me I understand this problem, and its frustrating as hell. I go in for blood test January 11. I will be curious as to my cholesterol when those results become available.

Hang in there Mark--------------Ray
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 06:32:45 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 09:17:57 pm »
Mark, as I read, you are handling this like a trooper...   Very calm, kewl and collected....  You will figure out the "mix"

Love

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 10:25:51 pm »
Mark,

I have to agree with everyone else on your numbers looking good. I don't really understand the whole cholesterol thing to be honest with you. My hdls (good?) are too low but the ldls are low too. I don't know why this is happening but I need to see my primary doc. I have been taking the fish oil, which you know about but only raised it slightly so now I am taking 2. But don't give up hope, you did say you saw improvement, maybe things just aren't happening as quickly as you would like but aren't we all like that in this maddening numbers game.....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Mike89406

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 10:56:35 pm »
Mark,

I drink tea a lot especially Green Tea & White tea not only does those types of teas have antioxidant , and flavonoid properties against diseases, & cancers etc...but they help thin the blood and lower cholestrol.
I also just read that black tea reduces bad cholestrol by up to 11%. Now Im not saying this is a cure all I actually enjoy drinking tea and Im not saying this wll do the trick. However all you have to do is google Green tea, Black tea etc.. and you can read it yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_benefits_of_tea

http://greentealovers.com/greenteahealthotherconditions.htm

http://www.whiteteaguide.com/whiteteahealthbenefits.htm
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 11:46:46 pm by Mike89406 »

Offline fearless

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 05:18:00 am »
Mark,
sorry to hear about the bad cholesterol levels. don't forget to take along the AIDSMEDS article about the Spanish research which suggested a possible way forward.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 04:19:16 pm »
Here are the results of my 12 hour fasting cholesterol tests...   mind you, I'm not on ANY medications.  These were taken 12/22/06  - I'm still waiting for my VL and T4's.

Component            Value   Flag               Unit
CHOLESTEROL        351      H       <239   mg/dL
TRIGLYCERIDE        401      H       <199   mg/dL
HDL                         34      L         >40    mg/dL
LDL CALCULATED NOT DONE         <129  mg/dL

Of course, I have a genetic cholesterol disorder that my doctor said will kill me before the HIV....  we'll see.

-joseph
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 05:02:07 pm by Strayboy74 »

Offline aztecan

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 10:16:13 pm »
Hey all,

Thanks so much for the support and advice.

Mike, I love green tea, but haven't been drinking it much. It couldn't hurt, that's for sure. I haven't tried white tea, but I do consumer copious amounts of black tea. I acquired some black tea from Russia that is a real treat.

Ray, thanks for the links. They are interesting and did give me some pointers.

Steve, thanks for reminding me about the Spanish study. When I tried the Vytorin, which is Zetia with Zocor combined, it worked great on the the lipids, but also did a number on me. I noted in the study that Zocor is one of the statins that should be avoided. Wish I had known that before I took it. Definitely worth looking into with another statin though.

Akasha. what can I tell you. My HDL (good cholesterol) is low and always has been. One thing that does seem to help is regular exercise. It does bring up the levels somewhat, but not enough in my case.

Bear, yep, less than 50 is considered undetectable. SIGH. I guess 61 isn't too bad. I still think it was a botched set of labs, though. It could be worse. I once had finished with a blood draw, not paying attention to the number of vials, and was leaving the hospital when the phlebotomist came running down the hall after me shouting, "Wait, I forgot one."

The phlebotomist is an old friend of mine and was totally embarrassed. We had been chitchatting about different things during the blood draw and he just missed one. We had a good laugh about it while he was sticking me a second time.
Unfortunately, he works graveyards now, so I kid him about not being able to poke me any more.

Amazing the memories that come to mind.

Hey Stray, looks like we're in the same boat, except mine's not hereditary.

HUGS,

Mark

Offline koi1

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 10:33:36 pm »
Hey,

Otmeal really helps bring cholesterol down. It is really beneficial for other digestive issues as well. I stopped eating it because I got sick of having it every morning. I am taking an oatmeal holiday.

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 01:46:14 am »
Well, I expect that to be a BLIP and you to be undetectable again next time. 61 is not much of a viral load. I think I've harped on about BLIPS enough to not want to be boring about them. However, it is often something another testing center can not repeat with the same blood sample. They just bounce a bit and 61 is very close to below the limit of quantification. It's a shame that the nurse's incompetence made it seem that all the bloodwork might have been wrong. However, viral load tests are actually hard to mess up and are done under strict regulated guidelines. By that I doubt that the testing station did anything wrong, just that you might have been onto something about storage prior to shipping etc. Add that to the viral load bounce and you get a BLIP.

The bottom line is don't lose sleep about that at all.

The cholesterol level is a little concerning, but it seems you know the right sorts of things to do. I can not offer anything but my personal experience with high cholesterol and that doesn't involve the sorts of meds you are taking. Instead, I just do what you are doing now regarding diet etc and I send you my best.

Best,

R
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 03:02:30 am »
Yes, I AM Supporting You!

Hey Mark...

You have got a great attitude not to allow your inner anxiety to put you into a panic. From what is gathered here, the Labs botched up the tests. Time will tell the story to the next chapter of this. In the meantime.....take care of YOU!

Don't You Dare Give Up... Don't You Dare Give In...
BECAUSE It IS ALL Within YOU to WIN!!!

Offline joemutt

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2006, 07:02:12 am »
Hey Mark and Holiday Hugs!
I noticed you were on a similar combo as I , Combivir and Crixi, I was a Combivir and Viramune.
Reason I tell this is I think those combos are comparable also re: cholesterol,
I switched to Viread, Viramune, 3TC and I'll get new labs on Jan 10,
I stopped the lipitor just to check if a new combo (kicking the azt mainly) will
do something for my cholesterol numbers which got worse even on lipitor and gemfibrozil (in the mid 300's),
I'll let you know, I was on azt 9.5 years and you are for about 10 years if my memory serves me right,
so that might be an avenue to consider, that is if my numbers will be ok next month  ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:05:40 am by joemutt »

Offline Nico

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2006, 12:57:14 pm »
Hey Mark,
In the same boat.  I had the usual seven vials drawn y'day and nurse Wendy asked if I wanted a lipid test to go along with the package.  Knowing I did not fast 12 hours prior I told her and she said OK just to see how bad it was. 

Well not to be gross, but all she did was bring back in one of the vials of blood just drawn and it had a white substance on top of the blood.  You guessed it fat!!!  I just about fell out my chair.  Nothing like shock therapy to wake me up. 

Needless to say, I got a call from my doc this morning telling not asking me to come in for a fasting test and I will start cholesterol medication.  My last fasting numbers were cholesterol 375 and triglycerides 728!  Not pretty, but having my pretend M.D. status, I told doc that I would eat oatmeal and change my diet.  God who's fooling who!

Since I take Trizivir as part of my routine, I will be interested to see if I have the same experience that Joemutt describes.  Time will tell.  By the way do I win a prize if my lipid numbers are higher than yours?!  ;D  Good luck on your next series it does sound like a botched job at the lab.

Cheers!
Roger
Poz since 1990.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 07:56:21 am »
Comrade Mark,

It is not Matty the Damned's practice to comment in this place these days. Nevertheless he could not let this thread pass without acknowledgement. Why? Well for two reasons:

1. You are special to him.

2. That no one has yet posted in this thread in the third person. As far as MtD is concerned a thread always takes on a particular quality when a brother or sister comments in it in the third person. It is regrettable that this doesn't happen more often.

Another thing that this thread lacks is a certain degree of cute. Fear not, Matty the Damned comes prepared for all eventualities. How's this for industrial grade cute?

Eh?

:-*

MtD
(Who still has that certain thang)

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 10:01:43 am »
HIVworker is glad to see you post somewhere...
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 10:29:57 am »
HIVworker is glad to see you post somewhere...

Well darling, when one has gwapes . . . . ;)

MtD
(Who is a noted possessor of cute fwuit)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 11:04:08 am »
Yeah yeah matty.

So where did you put the "hamster" when he was done with the grape you lured him into your car with?
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 10:08:24 pm »
So where did you put the "hamster" when he was done with the grape you lured him into your car with?

I think it's a shrew, not a hamster... although a grape might not be good bait unless it had blood on it or something...

Mark, good luck with getting all the numbers in the right places!  I'll reiterate what has been iterated by several: those labs were screwy and probably unreliable.  See what the next draw looks like.  My CD4s blipped this last test (from 339 to 220) but it don't worry me.  My cheap doctor told me the viral load test I take measures only to =<400 so for me that is the limit of undetectability.    I'll never know if it's 61!

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline aztecan

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 11:14:27 pm »
In the words of the illustrious Mae West, "Beula, peel me a gwape!"

HUGS,

Mark

(Who also has a special fondness for certain fruits.)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2007, 11:54:30 pm »

I put him where he belonged, doll. ;)

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.