Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:09:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 188
Total: 188

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lets dream a little.  (Read 10089 times)

Offline Markmt

Lets dream a little.
« on: June 17, 2006, 06:55:50 am »

Hi all,

We are quite a mixed bunch here and all come from different ages locations and experiences. We had similar threads of wish lists or three wishes or something similar in the past. This would be a mixture of all. Maybe some of the newer members can share their dreams too and those who only browse and never post can give it a try.

Some of our dreams could be simple, others  more complex. Some of us had there wishes/dreams accomplished maybe they aspire for others. If you had to close your eyes and lay back and dream and money was no problem….what would you dream of? –  Anything goes as long as its legal  - Let yourself go and relax and tell us about it.

•   My dream would be to Travel more, Visit some of the world wonders like the pyramids of Egypt, Redwood forests of  North America, Victoria falls in Africa, Great barrier reef in Australia, Mount Everest and Taj Mahal in India and many other wonders.

•   Buy a house that looks after itself! (now that’s heavy ::)) by the sea/Ocean in a tranquil area away from city noise, but not too far away from city life

•   Of course a cure for HIV would also be tops of my dreams

And what would yours be?

"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
Re: Lets dream a little.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 12:42:07 pm »
Well Mark...let me think ::)

1.  World Peace
2.  The cure (for both illness & disease)
3.   A good looking man with a heart of gold :P

TO DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Val

• Praxitèles -- Satyre au repos
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 04:45:54 pm »
Oh, Mark, darling!

I am one of the luckiest guys on Earth 'cause it's been now more than twenty-five years that my life has been exactly what I always dreamed it to ever be! I have visited at least ten countries in each continent, I live in paradise --- by the way, next time you come to Paris, you've got to stay at my place! ---  and I have a warm and caring family...
Still, my dream today would be to take you, Water Duck, and Hermie on a world tour!  Just the four of us.  There would be no limits, I can assure you, to our imagination!  Perhaps Juan would like to join us?  Or Eirin? Or...the whole community?  LOL
Hope you're doing well, sweetheart!  I'm dying to meet you in Amsterdam.  Say hello to the cuttiest, hottest Jean I know.

Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
http://asyoudesireme.online.fr/index.htm
Richard de Chazal
http://www.richarddechazal.com/
Daniel Nassoy
http://www.danielnassoy.com/pages/galeries_portraits_2.html
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 06:51:33 pm »
Oh Val, mon très cher ami, my dearest friend,

I would certainly take your wish as mine. Oh yes, I would.

Ok, thnx Mark for letting us dream away.

1.Stay healthy enough to travel, to see friends and companions with a good dose of humor, IQ, emotional intelligence and a heart that is capable of giving and receiving love. Do the above mentioned in a warmer climate, at least in our winters.

2.Be able to spend time alone in nature, coastal and mountainous, to be close to the spiritual world I am a strong believer in.

3. To become "bhudistically" unattached to material things, which I have  been  a lot lately

But most of all I wish to stay aware of the gift that life and living with you all is.

With love

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 07:33:48 pm »
Dreams?  I am a first class daydreamer!

In no particular order:

1) a private chef to prepare all my food.   I find that the hardest part of life (especially living alone) is trying to prepare decent foods.

2) a personal trainer (and while I'm at it, a fully equipped gym to work out in)

3) a home and a car that were paid for. (disability would go a lot further if it didn't have to cover rent and car payments)

4) spending an all expense-paid week at DisneyWorld with everyone on the forums. (close the park, make it a private affair  ;D )

5) to never have to do another item of laundry again, nor touch an iron.

6) have enough to be comfortable, and enough to help my friends be comfortable. (like not having to decide which meds to do without this month because you can't afford the copays)

7) to learn how to play a stringed instrument, like a violin.

8) to have the entire AIDSmeds family as the audience on Oprah's "Favorite Things" episode this Christmas, and get all that free stuff!

I'll stop now (but could go on and on......)  ::)
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 09:33:26 pm »
Thanks for starting this Mark..starting from today my dreams are simple and would be:

1..For the laws to change so I can visit the States..so many people I would love to visit, and to see the lights of Las Vegas

2..To go to Malta next year (the plans are already in the making for that one)

3..To see all 9 of my Grandkids married.

4..To have as many as possible from the forum to see this beautiful land I live in.

5..To live long enough to spend the kids inheritance.

I don't think I'm asking for too much....anyone care to have a chat with Bush for me.. ;D

((hugs))
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 09:36:53 pm »
To spend the rest of my days with Consumed.
Meh.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 10:17:01 pm »
:::sigh:::

Sae, damnit. You make me drink alcohol and wish for better.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 12:39:25 am »
If I was a real live beauty queen- Miss Redwood Tree of the Russian River...  Come-on, so I am ugly with a capital U, three out of 4 ain't bad...
VOTE FOR MICHAEL... MISS REDWOOD TREE OF THE RUSSIAN RIVERI would hold up my scepter and ever so proudly announce to devote my reign to world peace, ending hunger and finding someone who would take care of me forever because, everyone knows, beauty queens only last for 1 year and the next candidate is already breathing down your back.  Then I would have to pig out at Burger King because there are no fast food chains on the Russian River.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 12:41:42 am by Sonomabeach »

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 12:48:20 am »
After my reign as Miss REDWOOD TREE OF THE RUSSIAN RIVER, I want to be a West Hollywood Cheerleader.  I couldn't try out because I can't deal with big hair but I have prepared a little cheer for the occasion.

I SIZZLE, I ROAR, BECAUSE I AM A WHORE... I'M TACKY, I'M MEAN BECAUSE I AM A QUEEN... RAH, RAH, EAT ME RAH... YEA TEAM!

Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 12:53:23 am by Sonomabeach »

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 01:02:12 am »
OK Friends,

I can't be Miss Redwood Tree of The Russian River because the pageant does not exist.

I can't be a WEHO Cheerleader because I only know one cheer.

I can't be a Sister of Perpetual Indulgence because I am not Catholic.

I can't be a bartender because I use too much product.

I can't be a Mary Kaye Commando for the aforementioned reason.

I can continue to be an Activist and continue to lobby the federal government on RWCA reauthorization.  For more information please log on to www.Commission-on-AIDS.org, print out the letters and forward the site to your friends and family.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Markmt

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 06:46:59 am »
hey all, I enjoyed reading your dreams/wishes,

@David, I am still hopeful on your three wishes espesially the last one...beyond reach does not fit in ;)

@Val you always manage to warm up my heart. Amsterdam here I come, Jean has been asking if you are going to be there

@Hermie dear never forget you are a gift to many a people

@Alan thanks for radiating so much love and light hope you can feel as much back to you

@Jan my inspiration to feel ok to dream and wish.....and wishes and dreams can come through

@Sae, you wish is so simple yet powerful, I hope it could be fulfilled

@Jon, you have any dreams/wishes?

@Michael, I enjoyed tripping with you and the finale coming down to earth....I was thinking of taking a picnic when I visit the Redwood trees  ;D

Thank you all for sharing  :-* :-* :-*............any one else dreaming away out there?........................ :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 06:49:08 am by Markmt »

Leo Buscaglia

Offline Cliff

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 10:55:05 am »
Nothing big...

1.  I wish I could understand and communicate better with loved ones.  Especially Will.
2.  A nice, small and unairconditioned holiday home on the beach.  Any beach.

Funny how the things that should be the easiest to accomplish, are always the hardest to attain.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 11:35:45 am »
I'm gonna copycat AlanBama's wish for a personal chef - that's first and foremost

2. I'd like to relocate my ex-BF to the southwest  ...he loves the Painted Desert, Grand Canyon, etc. Money's what's holding him back

3. I'd like to build a luxury condo and live in the duplex penthouse. The rest will be guest apartments for family members. They can stay as long as they want - Heck they can move in and we'd be neighbors. The condo will feature a grand ballroom for large functions. The empty apartments can double as emergency housing in case a family member or friend loses their house to fire, foreclosure, hurricane, earthquake, etc., (or even temporary safe havens for victims of domestic violence/spousal abuse)

Offline water duck

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 04:12:14 pm »
thanks Hermie to bring my attention to this.

Now Now my darling Val , that sounds very interesting, a world tour. WOW no limits to our imagination, i can see that your long absent for the forums had made u a very wise man  ;D ;D Does your imagination include Bitchiness (it's spelled with a capital B !!) u know what happens when one fret higher than one's XXX  :P

Hermie , dear, now that is refreshing: a good dose of humour, IQ, emotional intelligence..............Are u quoting Lao Tse
So if i call u Queen Bitch , would u reply that ' My first official duty will be to make u Princess !!  ;D ;D

OH OH please be a Queen for at least a day Michael , at least that give u enough to throw that fXXXing Bushy into the dungeon  ::) ::)

Thanks Mark for this thread, so we can all laugh alittle , dream alittle so tomorrow can be brighter  :-*

Siang

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 05:50:51 pm by water duck »

Offline Consumed

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 09:56:33 pm »

To spend the rest of my life with SAE and we could hire Jonathan to sit by the pool and drink.
LYS

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 04:25:35 am »
My wishes:

1) To meet the man of my dreams within the next 5 years
2) To fulfill my dream of becoming a psychiatrist or a biochemist
3) To see my 60th birthday
4) To be the best that I can be
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 05:49:50 am »
Wow, it seems that everything has already been covered by the previous posts, so I guess I'll just wish for that magically refilling BudLite fridge and a couple of Abercrombie houseboys  :o
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 09:28:06 am »
To find that Goddam PF flier whistle I lost

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2006, 10:40:41 am »
One of my biggest goals is to never let this virus paralyze my ability to dream.

- I want to set up a therapeutic garden and holistic centre/retreat. Not just for people with hiv, but anyone facing challenging life issues. I want this place to be available to everyone, regardless of their income. There will be animals, too. Ducks, especially  :)

- I want to learn how to do dry-stone walling, and willow fencing. These are true art-forms, at risk of being lost to future generations.

- Travel to Eastern europe, and a revisit to Morocco and the atlas mountains.

- Learn fluent sign language. There is a whole group of my society that I cannot communicate nor engage with effectively. I plan to change this.

- I would like a cottage, with nice floorboards and a proper kitchen garden. Nothing big or fancy. Somewhere people would feel welcome, safe, and at home.

- I want to master the art of making good quiche. I don't actually like quiche very much. It just annoys me that it is always such a disaster when I do make it.

- Change our prison system, and the way we deal with young offenders in particular. I believe in people, and the power of believing in people.

I have more, but that's enough for now.
Thank you for this thread!

kate

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2006, 12:27:49 pm »
Kate,

You've got some very admirable dreams!   It all sounds wonderful to me.

Hugs,
Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2006, 01:33:13 pm »
1. Somehow get 40 million dollars.
2. Get my strength back and compete in the US Senior Amateur. I have been hitting balls every day,so I will be ready.
3.Learn to play the piano(i had lessons but they didnt take)
4.Learn to speak spanish
5.Play the Old Course one more time with my favorite caddy,Jimmy(I shot even par with this genius twice)
6.Hike down and out of Grand Canyon
7.A home in Austin,Deer Valley, and Condo in Vancouver.
8.HIke in S cotland again
9.Take my 4 brothers to play golf at Pebble and Passatiempo.
10.And since we are dreaming, a bigger dick.

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2006, 03:31:08 pm »
and a couple of Abercrombie houseboys 

I guess I shouldn't say that that just happens to be my last name... LOL
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 03:57:55 pm »
1-A sailboat to sail around the world.
2-Mini Cooper convertible
3-Ricky Martin :P
4-children to call my own
5-landscaping degree
6-lifetime of happiness with family and friends and my better half.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 12:37:39 am »
OK, in no particular order:

To find and become reacquainted with that really hot Nicaraguan I used to get together with at Mac's in L.A.

To have enough money to be able to hire someone to help me renovate my house and do some of the heavier lifting with the landscaping.

To no longer be gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant and albumen intolerant. To go to a restaurant and order whatever I wanted instead of asking 100 questions and then settling for whatever it is I can eat.

To drink a nice cold beer. (See above.)

To have 20/20 vision, which I've never had but would like to try.

Well, you asked.

HUGS,

Mark

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 01:09:42 am »
5 black Miniature Schnauzer's

I would like to be able to have the $ to pay for Aids Meds Gatherings every month in different places   all over the world for every member of this forum.  We would fly in our own private customized Jet & stay in the best 5 star hotels/resorts.

Dan

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 05:57:15 am »
To no longer be gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant and albumen intolerant.

Mark, you've given me a wish to steal. I;m albumen intolerant too. It sux

Offline Markmt

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 07:34:12 am »
Hi all, just to say I really enjoyed reading all about your dreams :) Thks for sharing, and I hope all your dreams will come through - Hugs to all

Leo Buscaglia

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 03:40:51 am »
My dreams are...

1) to continue living without regrets
2) to meet the perfect guy who I can spend the rest of my life with (just 1 is all I ask for)
3) I hope that my family and friends would accept me for who I am
4) to be able to build a career of my own (i.e. get accepted into law school and finishing)
5) to be able to have children one day
6) to be able to help others having trouble couping with this disease, and vice versa.
7) world peace
8) and finally for everyone to live a happy and healthy life....

Justin
12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.