Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:05:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AMG-2008 Mexico City Photo Exchange Gallery (REVISED)  (Read 19403 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
AMG-2008 Mexico City Photo Exchange Gallery (REVISED)
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:09:59 am »
AMG-2008 Mexico City Photo Exchange Gallery (REVISED)

(I apologize for my errors in setting up the first galleries -- I switched something around in the GB specs for the server space by accident and had to troubleshoot with Apple via chat late last night -- this all should be working)

Instructions:

At this time we are asking attendees ONLY to PM philly267 to obtain the username/password to access the link to the AMG-2008 Mexico City Photo Exchange Gallery. This is due to privacy concerns expressed by a few members at AMG.

The gallery for all of you to use to share photos can be found by clicking the following link:

http://gallery.me.com/bedstuy65/100326

Once you are "in" the gallery page you will see a menu at the top with an icon for "upload" -- just click on that and follow the instructions.  We are asking that you limit yourself to 100 photos so that the storage space doesn't fill up too quick.  It's suggested that you might wish to only upload candid type photos of group members, as most of us probably took similar pictures of touristy things -- but  this is not a stipulation, just a suggestion.

The gallery should update once per hour automatically, therefore it shouldn't take any longer than an hour for your uploaded images to appear on the gallery page.

Once photos are up you should be able to double click on any individual photo to enlarge it, and once enlarged you will see another icon that says "download" and you can download the single image.  Also, if anyone wishes to download the entire set of photos I would recommend checking back in a few weeks once everyone has uploaded, and using the main "download" icon at the top of the gallery page which will allow you to download the entire file set in one compressed file.

Otherwise it is up to each of you whether or not you want to insert titles/captions to your images when you are uploading them (obviously this would be helpful as I'm sure other non-AMG folks will want to take a peek.  If you don't enter anything they will just have generic captions that your camera assigned.

I uploaded my own photos to a separate gallery if you want to look at them before you upload any non-candid photos in your lot of 100.  The username/password  are the same for both gallery links.

My own gallery of pictures:

http://gallery.me.com/bedstuy65/100312
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 12:28:25 am by philly267 »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Miss Philicia

Re: AMG-2008 Mexico City Photo Exchange Gallery (REVISED)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:07:25 pm »
By the way, if you use an RSS news aggregator application you can click on the RSS symbol and it will give you a running exhibit when AMG attendees upload their pictures without having to constantly go to the gallery link daily to check.

If you are on a Mac I can recommend what to do (Lou-Ah-Ville was givin an example of this when we flew together on the way back from Mexico :)))

Then again, a grand total of ONE person has bothered to upload pictures yet :(

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 03:47:07 pm »
Hey Philly

Once again thank you for all your efforts.  Seems like everything is working fine.

I am wondering if the pics I'm uploading are too big.  Should I go into my photos and re size them all downward.  The reason I ask is I don't want to mess up the storage limit.

The other thing I couldn't figure out how to add a caption to each photo as you suggested.  (Yes Yes Yes, I know I'm dumb about this stuff!)

So far I've manage to get 44 pics up (the new limit is 100 right?).

I'll do more later.

Can't wait to see what everyone else has. 

RAB

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:39:05 pm »
Ok..

Now this morning when I looked at the pics, there was something like 200 +-.  Now there are 39 pictures. I think they're the ones Rab put up.  But that's all that's there.  What happened to the ones that were there this morning?  I notice it says page 1 of 2.  But where is the button to turn to page 2?  I don't see it.

sorry...robt

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 07:30:33 pm »
I just took a peek and when I started there were 77, but by the time I was on the last page (#4), it dropped down to only 73 photoes.  I think we have an AMG gremlin.

Mum

It's about an hour since i checked it the last time (Hubby wanted to see, i hope that's OK with everyone) and now it's down to 70 photos and 1 entire page is missing; 3pp instead of 4pp.  We need to call Ghost Busters.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 08:44:51 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 07:35:36 am »
I deleted some duplicates, that's why.  I've also been "flipping"' photos that people put in side ways.

I HAVE THE POWER.

I could also caption all of the pictures if that is desired.  You see, they all show up on my computer in my iPhoto application, and then are hosted on a server.  Technically I can also remove "red eye" but I've not experimented with that yet.  And all of the photos you upload show up in my iPhoto application on my computer, so if you want the entire group burned to a DVD to use during next years Meet&Greet I should be able to do that.

ps:  WHY ARE THERE ONLY 70 PICTURES SO FAR YOU LAZY FUCKERS.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 07:55:58 am by philly267 »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 07:41:20 am »

I am wondering if the pics I'm uploading are too big.  Should I go into my photos and re size them all downward.  The reason I ask is I don't want to mess up the storage limit.

No, the program automatically resizes them for the gallery format, but when you double click on the image it will get MUCH larger.

As far as server space we've barely used any of my total 20 GB limit so if you want to upload more than 100 photos each feel free to do so.  JUST DON'T BORE ME.

20 GB is a decent amount -- I swear my first iBook only had a 20 GB hard drive just 8 years ago.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 07:45:05 am »
Ok..

Now this morning when I looked at the pics, there was something like 200 +-. 

Are you sure you weren't looking at the 2nd link, which is my own personal gallery -- that one has 223 images.  The photo sharing gallery for all of you to use currently has 70 photos.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 11:54:39 am »
I'll upload ours again when we get home.  A rural (ie campground) aircard connection is a bit too slow for uploads.  Besides, there are MUCH bigger things to do here.   ;)  Thanks for getting the gallery back on track.

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Robert

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 12:59:58 pm »
Are you sure you weren't looking at the 2nd link, which is my own personal gallery -- that one has 223 images.  The photo sharing gallery for all of you to use currently has 70 photos.

Philly.

I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground.  I just this minute figured out how to turn the pages.  Jesus ~~

I'm hoping Ricardo will download his pictures this weekend.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 01:12:03 pm »
Robert, try playing around with all of the little icons on the gallery page.  One of them even activates a slide show.  I think if you hold your cursor over the icon (without pressing the icon) a pop up window should show up explaining what that icon actually does.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 01:23:48 pm »
No, the program automatically resizes them for the gallery format, but when you double click on the image it will get MUCH larger.

As far as server space we've barely used any of my total 20 GB limit so if you want to upload more than 100 photos each feel free to do so.  JUST DON'T BORE ME.

20 GB is a decent amount -- I swear my first iBook only had a 20 GB hard drive just 8 years ago.

The program is also flipping some of my pics sideways, probably cause of the weird sizes I edited them to.  I've just uploaded another 12 (again I'm sorry for the 11 I doubled earlier this morning), and it went smoothly (except for the flipping thing).

RAB 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 01:40:57 pm »
The program is also flipping some of my pics sideways, probably cause of the weird sizes I edited them to.  I've just uploaded another 12 (again I'm sorry for the 11 I doubled earlier this morning), and it went smoothly (except for the flipping thing).

RAB 

I can fix those on my end later -- don't worry about it.  You don't need to edit your photos in the first place.  This program resizes them to fit in the gallery, but when you double click on each image it does to the actual size.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 08:15:59 pm »
Hello Everyone: 

;D

Well somehow I've managed to upload a total of 108 photos (excluding my double posts  :-[).

(I'm especially fond of the 4 pic chronology of Cliffy eating one very HOT pepper.)  (Note: Basquo ate a pepper off of his plate and assured Cliff they weren't hot.  But in his defense the peppers on Cliffy's plate were NOT the same.   :D)

I'm done with sharing what I have.  I pretty much stayed away from anything other than "candid"  ;D photos.  (Meaning few shots of museums, pyramids, and the like. But I hope others will post those too.)

I can't wait to see what others have to share. 

I know that Curtis, Aztecan, Mini (that child had a camera in her hands constantly  ::)), Basquo, Dennis, Jan, Jody, Davids, Philly, Ric & Thom, Louavull, Bonnie, MJ, and everyone else must have some good shots to share. 

I hope we get to see them soon.

RAB 

(Who has a certain LUST in his voyeur heart.)

Offline minismom

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 08:39:43 pm »
Sweet RABsterlicious, Mini's mum has the technological advancements of a Coke bottle.  I would love to download our photos but I have no idea how.  If someone could explain it to me V E R Y  S L O W L Y, then I might be able to manage it.  Otherwise, I could figure out how to email them to someone who could then post them for me.

Mum (who just got a brand new tower that's ultra fast...and I'm still ultra slow ::))
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Dennis

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 08:48:04 pm »
Rab,

When in the hell did you snap that picture of Cliff and I.  It's rather comical.  I can't for the life of me recall what we were discussing. 

I really like the group photo under the chandelier in the FA lobby.

Ciao,
Dennis
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 08:52:05 pm by Dennis »

Offline Basquo

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 11:10:30 pm »
Just so I'm clear, there's only one album, right? I'm seeing 113 pictures right now. If there are separate albums, I guess I'll have to download another internet browser   :-\

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 11:43:00 pm »
Jesus you cyber dimwits -- READ THE INTRUSIONS.

There's ONE album for all of you to share photos, and there's a SECOND album that contains all of my own personal pictures.

It's fully explained in the opening post of this thread.  Why in the world would you need to download another internet browser?

Offline Basquo

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 11:55:00 pm »
Jesus you cyber dimwits -- READ THE INTRUSIONS.

There's ONE album for all of you to share photos, and there's a SECOND album that contains all of my own personal pictures.

It's fully explained in the opening post of this thread.  Why in the world would you need to download another internet browser?

Well perhaps after being called a "lazy fucker" in one post and then told "Just don't bore me" in another post perhaps I'm just a TEENSY BIT gun-shy.  And I'm sorry that I didn't read the "intrusions" more carefully, but frankly, after the false-starts, your server seems a bit self-serving, and not all that friendly.  But what do I know, being just a dimwit?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 12:14:10 am »
I called you a "lazy fucker"?

Offline Basquo

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 12:15:07 am »
Reply #5

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 12:23:24 am »
Reply #5

That was a joke, you know :)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 10:20:46 am »
Rab,

When in the hell did you snap that picture of Cliff and I.  It's rather comical.  I can't for the life of me recall what we were discussing. 

I really like the group photo under the chandelier in the FA lobby.

Ciao,
Dennis

D

I don't know what you two were discussing either, but it looks to me like you are both up to no good!   :D

Sweet RABsterlicious, Mini's mum has the technological advancements of a Coke bottle.  I would love to download our photos but I have no idea how.  If someone could explain it to me V E R Y  S L O W L Y, then I might be able to manage it.  Otherwise, I could figure out how to email them to someone who could then post them for me.

Mum (who just got a brand new tower that's ultra fast...and I'm still ultra slow ::))

I'm the same way Mum . But in all seriousness, it's actually pretty easy--Heck if I can figure it out--well then anyone should be able to.   :P

RAB 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 10:25:38 am »
So speaketh the member who posted his images sideways multiple times, and uploaded several duplicates.  Philicia had to spend time doing RAB flub up editing on this end :)

chop chop

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 12:08:32 pm »
Hey all you guys that loaded pics..great shots of everyone there...I am especially taken by the "pyramid" pics...really shows what a climb it was  both up and down.....great job....
I agree with Dennis  nice group shot in the lobby....

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 04:34:43 pm »
So speaketh the member who posted his images sideways multiple times, and uploaded several duplicates.  Philicia had to spend time doing RAB flub up editing on this end :)

chop chop

Hey Philly:

You should consider yourself lucky.  Two years ago I messed up so badly that they had to shut down the original gallery and start a whole new one.  Seriously!   8)

But thanks buddy for deleting my double posts.  (The flipping thing?  Well I have no idea how that happened, the photos were/are right side up on my puter.  ???)

Hey all you guys that loaded pics..great shots of everyone there...I am especially taken by the "pyramid" pics...really shows what a climb it was  both up and down.....great job....
I agree with Dennis  nice group shot in the lobby....

Nick

Nick:

I agree about the pics from the pyramid.  Climbing that darn thing was the second most important thing about attending this year's gathering (first was seeing all of you obviously).  It was something I needed to do for myself, I wanted to share that with my friends ( in fact I doubt I would have faced the challenge had it not been for all of you), and I found it to be as spiritually moving and personally fulfilling as I had imagined it would be. 

I've said this before, so forgive me for repeating myself.  But I totally loved this AMG, I had an awesome time, and I wouldn't change a thing no matter what.  What an adventure we all shared.

RAB   ;D

(Who had such an amazing time!  I loved it!)

(Who is STILL waiting for pics from everyone else!   >:()

Offline minismom

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 06:27:48 pm »
Actually, i know EXACTLY what Cliff and Denis were "discussing".  It had something to do with...um..a Southern state ;)

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 10:50:51 pm »
I have added my AMG group pics to Philly's web site.  There are 62 of them. 

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005
10/05:  367 (26.2%), 24556 VL
01/06:  344 (24.6%), 86299 VL
04/06:  374 (22.0%), 87657 VL
05/06:  Began HAART 05/15/06, Combivir/Kaletra
07/06:  361 (27.8%), 1299 VL
10/06:  454 (32.4%), 55 VL
01/07:  499 (38.4%), UD
02/07:  Switched to Atripla 2/8/07
04/07:  566 (37.7%), UD
08/07:  761 (42.3%), UD
06/08:  659 (47.1%), UD
01/09:  613 (43.8%), UD
07/09:  616 (47.4%), UD
01/10:  530 (44.2%), UD
07/10:  636 (48.9%), UD
01/11:  627 (48.2%), UD
07/11:  840 (52.5%), UD
01/12:  920 (51.1%), UD
07/12:  857 (50.4%), 40
10/12:  UD
01/13:  710 (47.3%), UD
07/13:  886 (49.2%), UD
01/14:  985 (46.9%), UD
06/14:  823 (47.2%), UD
01/15: 1366 (45.2%), UD
07/15: 1134 (50.7%), UD
02/16: 1043 (55.1%), UD
08/16:  746  (55.4%), UD
08/16:  Switch from Atripla to Genvoya

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 09:19:53 am »
I have added my AMG group pics to Philly's web site.  There are 62 of them. 

Gary

Gary

Where'd you add them?  They don't seem to be there now.   ???

RAB

Offline Robert

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 11:20:24 am »
yeah, gary, I'm not sure I spotted them either.

by the way my pictures are on Ricardo's camera.  Don't hold your breath.

robert

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2008, 11:30:36 am »
I don't think they were uploaded.  I'm showing 178 photos in the gallery and that's the same number that were there before Gary posted.  I even did a manual update and nothing showed up, though like I initially said it's programmed to update hourly by itself.

Gary I know you told me that you have your own MobileMe account on your Mac -- are you sure you didn't just upload it to your own account?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:32:31 am by philly267 »

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 01:44:11 am »
I thought I did it right. I am doing it again.  I am loading a group of photos from iPhoto.  I am doing it from philly's website.  I am clearly getting the upload screen and i can see my pics are uploading.  Where they are going...I don't know!  At any rate, as I write this I am uploading again.  Hopefully they will be there. if they are not, I do not know what I am doing wrong.

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 02:32:56 am »
I guess it kind of worked, but it only added 18 photos, not 62.

Offline minismom

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 09:01:11 am »
OK, i just uploaded a few, 23, pictures.  I wasn't sure how to upload more than 1 picture at a time, so it took a little bit of time.  I'm not sure when they'll update, but I just checked and they were there.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 12:41:17 pm »
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but when you double click any image to enlarge it, there's an icon "I" (for "information) and that will tell you which member uploaded that particular picture.

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 06:01:23 pm »
Problem solved!  I think the problem was at my end...the internet connection was timing out in mid-upload and my upload speed was abysmally slow.  It turns our the internet provider was upgrading my "node" this past weekend and now the work is completed.  The remaining pics just successfully uploaded.

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 11:13:03 pm »
Yeah, I see that the tally of photos just went up by 150, so we now have 341 photos in that gallery, plus the 223 that I linked to of my separate gallery.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.