Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:53:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 190
Total: 190

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Does Muslim Religion Promote Homosex? Link to Blog  (Read 4189 times)

Offline bear60

Does Muslim Religion Promote Homosex? Link to Blog
« on: April 14, 2007, 09:48:32 am »
I get email under the LGBRPCV listserve.....that's Lesbian Gay Bisexual Returned Peace Corps Volunteers....and yes I was in the Peace Corps.
This came through today and I found it really interesting.  This person expresses what I thought all along....that Muslim men rarely get to see women naked but get naked with each other....a lot.
As a Peace Corps volunteer I learned to respect the cultures of other countries and religions other than my own.  I can express an opinion, however. This blog specifically talks about an experience while in AFGANISTAN.  Not referring to all Muslims.

http://johnpaulus.blogspot.com/2007/04/gay-afghanistan.html
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 09:58:50 am by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Does Muslim Religion Promote Homosex? Link to Blog
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 12:28:48 pm »
You might want to pick up the current issue of The Atlantic too:

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/prem/200705/gay-saudi-arabia
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 01:17:14 pm »
That's really interesting.

A friend of mine is a photographer... met the Taliban a few years ago on a trip to Afghanistan... and said the exact same thing.

He was kind of blown away at the sheer amount of analbabies being made in Afghanistan.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 01:20:02 pm »
When I lived in Russia, I had a lot of contact with a bunch of other exchange students from Jordan and Syria.  Guess what the only sex I had was in Russia?

Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 01:33:03 pm »
I used to have this wealthy attractive guy hit on me all the time who moved back to UAE a couple years ago, and of course now he's married with children.  I really should have focused more on his needs.

$$$$$$$

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 01:48:27 pm »
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 02:10:37 pm »
I still encounter him from time to time on another web board, posting pictures of his baby.

*sigh*

Time for a trip to Abu Dhabi.

Offline bear60

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 03:02:14 pm »
Abu Dhabi.

How dare you take my anal babies name in vain.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 05:33:52 pm »
A friend of mine is a photographer... met the Taliban a few years ago on a trip to Afghanistan... and said the exact same thing.

He was kind of blown away at the sheer amount of analbabies being made in Afghanistan.

I can totally dig where the Taliban are coming from on this. It's got to do with the burqua.

I mean check out the women of Afghanistan. How do you know what you're gonna get? Sure, there may be a lithe, fragant and delightful Pashtun under that blue robe, but there's an equally good chance you'll be getting a cross-eyed, buck-toothed Hazzara.

Under those circumstances it's clear why Afghan males make a bee-line for the prettiest youth in the Mosque.

MtD

/edited for a typo/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 07:59:30 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 05:50:14 pm »
has nothing to do with religion. The biggest fear of Russian soldiers during  the Afgan war was being captured alive. The normal treatment for them was a nightly gang bang by Afgan Soldiers before they used your head in that AFgan polo game.  More than one CIA agent said the worst part of being there was the nightly gang rape of Russian soldiers by Afgans and Russian soldiers begging them to kill them before sunset.
Not much else to do over there. You gonna fuck a camel?
And we took shit from the appeasers for having a few prisoners dress in women's clothes. geez.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 05:50:47 pm »
I thought I'd remembered an article about Afghanistan right after 9/11 in regard to buggery and I think it was this (orig. featured in the LA Times):

http://realafghanistan.tripod.com/id28.html

Bring me my five halekon, Abdul... STAT!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 05:53:59 pm by philly267 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.