Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:22:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 223
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I was unable to have another blood test before August.  (Read 5405 times)

Offline blondbeauty

I was unable to have another blood test before August.
« on: June 21, 2006, 11:29:25 am »
My last counts showed a viral load of 100.000 copies. So i wanted to have a new blood test before the one I have scheduled for the 2nd of August at the Hospital. So I decided to go to "clinica Sandoval". I thought they didnīt have any computers there, but they have...I had never noticed before.... So they checked my file and saw I should have my last shots for hep A and B (I know that but I was going to tell them after the blood extraction)...They asked me the reason for not having my last blood tests done there. And I told them the truth..."Ive been cheating on you and gone to the social security"
They thought my last tests were good enough and I had both Hepatitis shots and no blood work. They gave me an appointment for September to see if I have been immunized against both heps, and new blood work.
My viral load must be having a party inside me with both vaccinatios and the HIV. I cant have reliable blood tests for the next 4 weeks. So I am affraid I will have to wait till the 2nd of August to find out.
In any case I will tell my Dr. I want to start meds whatever the counts are. This wait is driving me crazy.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline water duck

Re: I was unable to have another blood test before August.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 05:05:48 pm »
Juan why the panic ?? I am on the understanding that Doc are more eager to put us on Med than we r.

Try to stop worrying & wait alittle.   8) 8)

U r in my thoughts, sending u positive energies.

Siang

Offline Cliff

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 06:26:34 pm »
You really should wait and see what your next test result is....that viral load was a significant jump in a very short amount of time (with no corresponding drop in tcells).  It may just be a blip.  Wait and see how your next test results go and try to keep an open mind about these things.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 06:41:54 pm by Cliff »

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 06:37:33 pm »
Well the cd4 drop was considerable: from 689 to 539 in 4 months!
I have been thinking sooner or later I will have to expose myself to the meds. I prefer to do it with a decent immune system and only have to deal with side effects than having to suffer from side effects and a destroyed immune system. So the sooner I start the better.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 06:42:17 pm »
<< Well the cd4 drop was considerable: from 689 to 539 in 4 months>>

Um, well... thats not really that dramatic. your CD4 count can vary up to 100 points on any given day.  And the CD4 test gives it a +/- of a hundred points.  Honestly, what matters is the combined CD4 trend over time PLUS your percentages and viral load. All over time (at least three blood draws). And it helps to get your blood drawn under the same circumstances every time. Circumstances include time of day, full or empty stomach, stress level, et al. Whatever is under your control.

Seriously, I would not rush into the meds until you need them.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Cliff

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 06:45:32 pm »
Well the cd4 drop was considerable: from 689 to 539 in 4 months!
::) LOL.  That's not that considerable.  Actually that's not considerable at all.

Offline Christine

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 06:51:42 pm »
Hello,
Cd4 counts and VL can bounce around sometimes. A stable % over a few months, and from test to test results, is also important. Try not to worry to much until you have your next set of labs drawn.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 06:58:13 pm »
Thank you. Ill try to get good sleep tonight. Tomorrow I am flying to Pamplona (spain) and the 23th to Zurich (switzerland).
Ill try to forget it.
Thank you for caring and calming me down.  :'(

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.