Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:09:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 638
Total: 638

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 6 months on Kaletra 2x daily  (Read 3757 times)

Offline inmontreal

6 months on Kaletra 2x daily
« on: March 07, 2007, 10:40:30 am »
While i was on Kaletra for 6 months , my cd4s were at between 280-290 (was at about 200 before treatment). My Vl now is undect. and my cd4 are dropping to 230. Should I consider switching meds? The percentage is 26% but having a cd4 of 230 is pretty scarey stuff..The doc told me my VL was in the 300 000 rage and that the virus did major damage so it could be awhile before i see my cd4 go higher..Did anyone else take a year before they saw their cd4 jump?

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
Re: 6 months on Kaletra 2x daily
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:45:36 am »
Hey there

I am sorry to hear about the crop in CD4 counts. I am on Kaletra as well and will be getting my first results on the meds very soon. I was 200 cd4 counts last time with a Vl off 26,000. I am on the Kaletra once a day regimen. I was told by my first doctor that everyone is different when it come to how your counts will change. She even told me it can take up to 3-6 years to see my counts double or triple. I was terrified when I heard that but I am hoping for the best outcome. What did your doctor tell you? Maybe you should wait for another draw of blood, I am pretty sure they will increase or at least remain in the same ball park.

Al
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline inmontreal

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 04:05:23 pm »
Hey Al..thanks for replying! Well its just scarey to be under 250 cd4. But im hanging in there..Its just frustrating to read about others getting higher cd4 in a short time while mine are taking forever..But youre right, I will wait till april for my next results..Good luck to you with Kaletra. The side effects arnt that bad! (I hope..lol)

Offline bimazek

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 12:13:12 am »
i have never been on meds, but i heard that cd4 counts can bounce up and down by over 100 in a day, morning night, tired, etc, they are only ranges, like measuring the yellow taxis on the street, sometimes there are more sometimes less, but it hard to know exactly how many everywhere

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 12:49:33 am »
I was on Kaletra, I never got to undetectable, but I switched due to lipid problems.  When I switch to reyetaz I went undetectable and my CD4's continued to go up....
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.