Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:11:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 642
Total: 644

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Question about a research Protocol  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Mike89406

Question about a research Protocol
« on: November 10, 2007, 11:17:25 pm »
Back in June I volunteered to have my Liver ultrasound as part of Henry Jacksons Foundation protocol to see the effects of meds on the Liver. My research liaison told me the day after my liver was fine just a tiny bit enlarged but healthy. The person performed the ultrasound let me watch a little and it looked normal smooth and you could see all the details.

Fast forward to about a month ago I get this call form the Ultrasound lab that they had found a small spot of fat. I told them that I was Poz and the meds might enlarged it. The person on the phone didn't seem to grasp the concept that I was poz and asked me questions about Am i diabetic, just a slew of questions. The person asked if I would be interested in having a biopsy done as a precaution and I responded by referring him to the research people I am involved with and to discuss it with them. According to him my normal labs and liver functions are all normal.

My point is I don't know if the person is educated on HIV and maybe talking to the right people as I referred him to and my doctor might clear this up, after all why would I be told everything is normal after the fact and receive a call all the sudden months later?

Mike

Offline Mike89406

Re: Question about a research Protocol
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 12:11:39 pm »
After talking to my research last week people it seems like a overreaction by the clinic which did my liver ultrasound. My liver is healthy it may have seemed ;ike a concern to the radiology clinic because they aren't privy to medical background nor do they know as much about HIV and Meds.

So in short I was told by my doctor my liver may have been like that before and not due to meds. Even if it was my liver looked great during the ultrasound.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.