Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:17:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 608
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 575
Total: 576

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Any help would be appreciated  (Read 3505 times)

Offline ashmores

Any help would be appreciated
« on: October 16, 2006, 08:51:37 pm »
Hello to all.  Been reading through the forums lately, but would like to receive comment(s) about my own specific situation:

This was my (a male) first sexual experience so I was sure that I had no STDs to speak of and the aquaintance (who has had sex before) stated that he was safe.

Since this was my first time - I was obviously scared and nervous.

1.) He performed oral sex on me.  I have read that this is low risk, correct?

2.) I inserted my finger into his anus one time before anal sex.  Minor risk?  Major risk?

3.) I performed protected anal sex on him.  Unforunately, I did not have any water-based lubricant therefore I used hand lotion.  The actually anal contact lasted around four-five minutes - mostly because I was a nervous wreck and pulled out (and felt as if I was going to ejaculate but didn't - which was a surprise for my first time I thought).  The condom did not look as if had broken and I threw it in the garbage.  I have read that the lotion can cause breakage.  Would the five minute interval be significant in this situation?  The condom did not have any huge or noticable splits, but this is my main cause of concern so bear with me for lingering on this section.

(During anal contact, he expelled light fecal matter onto the condom - is this cause for concern?)

4.) He continued performing oral sex on me after protected intercourse.

I never received anal sex or gave him a blowjob.

Am I at risk?

Thank you in advance.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Any help would be appreciated
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:59:18 pm »
You are not at risk. Receiving oral is No risk. Fingering is NO risk. You should always us a water base lube. You still haven't had a risk because the condom didn't fail. Make sure you continue to use condoms and get yourself some water base lube.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Any help would be appreciated
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 09:00:50 pm »
1.) He performed oral sex on me.  I have read that this is low risk, correct?

Well no, it's not a risk for you. There is a theoretical risk to him if you weren't wearing a condom.

2.) I inserted my finger into his anus one time before anal sex.  Minor risk?  Major risk?

No risk for HIV transmission for either of you, whatsoever.

3.) I performed protected anal sex on him.  Unforunately, I did not have any water-based lubricant therefore I used hand lotion.  The actually anal contact lasted around four-five minutes - mostly because I was a nervous wreck and pulled out (and felt as if I was going to ejaculate but didn't - which was a surprise for my first time I thought).  The condom did not look as if had broken and I threw it in the garbage.  I have read that the lotion can cause breakage.  Would the five minute interval be significant in this situation?  The condom did not have any huge or noticable splits, but this is my main cause of concern so bear with me for lingering on this section.

It sounds to Matty the Damned like the condom stayed intact and thus there was no risk of HIV infection here. When condoms fail they do so in a catastrophic fashion. You would have noticed. Nevertheless, if you're using latex johnnies, then water based lubricant is really a must. Things which might contain oils can rupture condoms, especially when bum-fucking.

(During anal contact, he expelled light fecal matter onto the condom - is this cause for concern?)

Not really. Santorum (faecal matter) on your tool is quite common and not something to worry about in terms of HIV.

4.) He continued performing oral sex on me after protected intercourse.

I refer you to my answer to your first question.

All of that to one side, sexually active people should have a full STD screen performed at least twice a year. There are other STD's such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea which are far more prevalent and infectious than HIV out there. I think you would be wise to make an appointment with your doctor or local clinic and discuss these issues with them. Think of it as maintenance for your sexual engine. A full STD screen includes an HIV antibody test. Also it's an opportunity for you to be vaccinated against Hepatitis A & B.

I really don't see any risk of HIV infection from what you describe.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Regards,

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.