Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 11:29:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 164
Total: 164

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tonight I'm Fu@king You  (Read 4654 times)

Offline tednlou2

Tonight I'm Fu@king You
« on: February 16, 2012, 04:28:06 am »
Teddy is currently on vacation in South Beach.  I always enjoy coming here.  I love all the different ethnic backgrounds, which is very different from Louisville.  I enjoy that is seems gay men make up 50% of all the people you see--probably more.  I don't see too many really young gays.  Most appear my age and above.  When we do see the youngins, they're most always are with a wealthy, older gentleman.  And, it has been an eventful trip.  We're staying at the Clifton Hotel, which is an art-deco hotel on Collins, just one block back from Ocean Blvd.  It is a really nice hotel and I can't believe it was only $101/night.  Ok, around midnight last night, we walked back from this gay bar.  We cross the street and we see these 2 guys talking to this other guy, who appears to work at the Marlin Hotel--which looked totally deserted.  We both commented that they looked attractive and possibly gay.  Well, I look up and it is Enrique himself. 

As we're getting closer, I'm trying to decide how to handle this.  Should we say something to him or should we act all cool--as if seeing a famous person is no big deal to us.  Is he the type who hates having people always trying to talk to him?  Or, does he really enjoy it like many famous folks?  Well, we didn't have to make first contact.  I was wearing my I.U. baseball cap (my alma mater) and he said, "Hoosiers!"  Picture this with his accent.  We said hello.  Told him we were from Louisville.  He said he enjoyed the KY Derby.  I asked him if he's coming to Louisville anytime soon.  He said no, but said he was doing a concert in Cancun soon.  Like a geek, I tell him I like the "dirty" version of the song in the thread title.  "Dirty"??  Sounded like something a kid would say.  All during this time, I'm debating whether to ask him to take a pic with us.  I decided I would just take the conversation and not ask for a pic.  But, then I began thinking how no one would believe us without a pic.  So, I get my phone out of my pocket.  As I'm getting ready to ask him, he and his male friend tell the guy they were talking to, that they need to run.  He looked at us and said "later".  To me, that was an invitation to see me later.  But, he doesn't have my number..lol.  He gets in his Escalade (plate number 267-something) and I missed my chance.   :'(  Oh well.  He's cute, but really not all that.  He was dressed very, very casually with this old looking sweatshirt, so he could pull the hoodie over his head.  Btw, this was Valentine's Day.  On the walk to our hotel at the other end of the block, we speculated whether they were gay.  Of course, I think everyone is gay.  The friend he was with and hotel worker set off my gaydar, but it has been broken lately.   

We both looked at each other and said no one will believe us without a pic to prove it.  I've met some famous people before, but never run into one like this.  There was literally no one else around.  It was me, my partner, Enrique, some friend he was with, and the hotel worker.  Last time we were here, we were in a convertible and Simon from that reality show (again, trying to avoid google) pulls up next to us on a Vespa.  We say hello, but that time there wasn't a chance to for chit-chat as he zoomed away wearing his signature t-shirt from Baby Gap.   

In other South Beach firsts---  We were on the beach and this man walks up to the water, whips it out, and pisses in the Ocean like it was a normal thing to do.  Then, while walking on the beach, I stepped on a hypodermic needle barefoot.  I stepped on the plunger part and didn't get stuck, thank God.  Later on, we're walking down the street and this guy comes up to us and asks if we want to buy some coke.  I love this place!  It's definitely not boring.  I'll let you all know whether we have any more star sightings.  Or, if Enrique does see me later, as he claimed.   ;)  I told him which hotel we were at.         

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Tonight I'm Fu@king You
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:29:49 am »
Famous? Who the hell is Enrique?

I suppose I could google, but if he so famous, I should already know who he is, right?

"Later" is rarely a promise to see someone later. It's just a way of saying goodbye.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline buginme2

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 11:18:40 am »
I think he means Enrique Iglesias.

South Beach is too dumpy.  Head north my friend.  Ft Lauderdale is where its at.

Even though SB is dumpy, my favorite hotel is there.  The National Hotel South Beach!  Quiet, yet next door to Delano (too much of a party place) and on the beach.   AND the staff will get you Anything you need, anything!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:29:00 am by buginme2 »
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 11:42:41 am »
Mr. Iglesias has zero talent, but he is a nice enough fella.  He can be spotted rather frequently in that part of town.  He was a regular at the record shop where I worked back in the 90's (he was huge at that point in the Spanish market), and always treated everyone at the store as if they were long time friends.  The Estefans are a totally different story.  Prince and Sharon Stone were total sweethearts.

South Beach is too dumpy. 

Indeed.  The glory days are gone.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline buginme2

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:51:54 am »

Indeed.  The glory days are gone.

Good times though in years past.  If I recall correctly, I beleive I was deflowered once on the second floor of Twist.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 12:03:56 pm »
Good times though in years past.  If I recall correctly, I beleive I was deflowered once on the second floor of Twist.

Twist!  Gurl, that place was (or apparently it still is, as I haven't been there in nearly a decade) the joint to score cheap drugs and procure lower-end of the scale tricks.  One of my best friends was a bartender there, so we would go on Thursday for the free dranks. Oh, and I dated the manager for like two weeks.  Lame memories.

Now, if you wanted to talk about dreadfully decadent joints from back in the day there was no better place than Hombre.  Totally Ewwww!
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline buginme2

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 12:34:24 pm »
Twist!  Gurl, that place was (or apparently it still is, as I haven't been there in nearly a decade) the joint to score cheap drugs and procure lower-end of the scale tricks.

Yup thats the place,  I had a friend that liked to impress the Columbian prostitutes by shoving $20 bills down their pants, and that was the place for scoring central american trade. 

There was some other bar on the other side of lincoln road in a laundry matt that I liked.  Ted head there and update us with a full report!

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 09:54:14 am »

How many times does one get to be deflowered?   :D    "Deflowered once"?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 09:55:18 am »
The Estefans are a totally different story.

They were royal jerks?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 11:12:06 am »

South Beach is surely still a much better place now then when I lived there.  We used to sit on the front porch of the Tudor Hotel on 11th and Collins, a 3/4 way house at the time, and watch people blow red bubbles through the knife holes in their backs. 

Fun times....

And I remember thinking I was clever as a youth, working at Tropics as a barback and living in a house of sobriety.  It was a challenge getting past the house manager at 2 am smelling like alcohol.

I use to love waking up early in the morning and hitting the streets with coffee in hand...  it had a certain ambiance to it.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 01:27:00 am »
Were we taking our lives in our hands by walking alone so late at night?  Knife holes are definitely something I want to avoid.  I did begin to feel we were being too naive--two gals walking alone, especially where there weren't others around. 

I'm surprised to hear several think it is dumpy.  However, I don't have anything to compare it to, since we've only been there a couple times.  We did look at this one hotel on Ocean--the one with the store in the basement.  That place was dumpy and a tad scary.  We stayed at the Hotel Clifton.  They said it was totally remodeled a while back.  It was actually very nice.  Although, on the back stairs, you could look out the window to this other hotel or apt and you looked right into their showers.  Many had the windows up and you see them in the shower.

Key West was okay.  We went to the bar where they do the drag queen shoe drop every New Year.  It was only after we left that we learned they had a pool out back that was clothing optional.  We've now moved on to the in-laws on the Gulf side near Punta Gorda.  Oh, about Enrique...I agree that he can't sing well live.  I've noticed on those big notes, he often puts the mic out for the audience to do it.   

Modified for missing info
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:28:43 am by tednlou2 »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 03:10:49 am »
South Beach is so 15 years ago. Especially with a Puerto Rican trick in tow and a Gaultier sarong used as a head wrap post-Salvation. Were you working at Yesterday & Today, Rev.?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 03:15:01 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 12:13:00 pm »
South Beach is so 15 years ago. Especially with a Puerto Rican trick in tow and a Gaultier sarong used as a head wrap post-Salvation. Were you working at Yesterday & Today, Rev.?

Gurl, love them sunglasses (and your vogueing friend).

Nah, I was a buyer for Spec's music in Coral Gables and the short-lived store in the Grove (every now and then I worked at the one on the Beach).  A good girl friend of mine was a manager at Y&T; they carried an excellent selection of imports, especially for a relatively tiny shop. 

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 12:27:09 pm »
A good girl friend of mine was a manager at Y&T; they carried an excellent selection of imports, especially for a relatively tiny shop. 

Please girl -- Miss P received VIP treatment during WMC back in the 90's at Y&T. This included endless lines of coke in the manager's office with Alan T.

ps: thought you'd love that vogue-ing effect. We'd just returned from Bal Harbour and cleared out the Dior shades.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.