Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:13:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 622
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 620
Total: 620

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Are computers just here to confound us or -- IS IT ME??  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Just John

Are computers just here to confound us or -- IS IT ME??
« on: November 11, 2006, 08:37:48 am »
So OK I know that I'm not exactly a computer whizz but; I'm sure that mine has started to wage a vendetta against me.

I searched the old forums for days, for the page where I posted my introduction with a view to updating it and providing a link to it. -- Couldn't find it -- harrumph >:(

Then Cliff's thread "Introduce yourself and meet others" reappeared in the "living with" forum so I just retyped an intro and added it to the ever growing list that was there  :)-- so far so good.

My next problem was adding a link to this from my signature line, I asked for help from here and Basquo kindly provided me with the instructions which looked oh so simple and also quite obvious really; even I could manage that and so:-------------

I went back to the "Introduce yourself and meet others" thread and what do I get???? A BLANK PAGE ???, OK I thought this has got to be some sort of a technical error with the site, after all I can see and post in every other page except this one so perhaps they have taken it down to do something with it.

This was last Thursday the 9th; I know that people are still posting on that page but I can't read it -- I get the header as far as the underline below the "home, help and search" buttons and I get all of the "user , content and stats" stuff on the left hand side and can link from all of these BUT THE REST OF THE PAGE IS COMPLETELY BLANK!!!!! WHAT DID I DO WRONG??? LOL.

Please somebody, help me before I reach for the hammer, John.
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Are computers just here to confound us or -- IS IT ME??
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 09:31:55 am »
Hey John, put that hammer down! :D

It sounds like you may have accidently put Cliff on ignore. To check if this is the problem, go into your profile page and click on the "ignore users option" that appears in the middle column in the profile page, under the heading "modify profile". When you have opened the "ignore users options" page, see if Cliff appears in the box. If he does, delete his name and click on "save setttings".

If that isn't the problem, let me know and I'll put my thinking cap back on.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Just John

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 09:38:06 am »
Nnnnnnope, I just checked and there's nobody there.

I'm sure I have this electromagnetic field which just louses up computerised thingies ;D

John.

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 09:45:35 am »
Hi your post is there. And computers are out to drive you nuts, mine does it's own thing everyso often. C'est la vie, a hammer never solved anything!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 09:57:27 am »
Hmmm.... I'll mull this over some more then.

In the meantime, you might want to fire off an email to editors@aidsmeds.com - let them know you have already checked for an accidental "ignore".

There is a tech support address too, but I can't find and/or remember the exact address but the editors one will get passed on to the appropriate person.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Just John

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 10:24:28 am »
Hi your post is there.

So why can't I see it then ??? Are you all talking about me behind my back or something I'm getting paranoid now? ;D

Hmmm.... I'll mull this over some more then.

Thanks Ann, I'll leave it 'til early next week and if I've still not cured it I'll mail the editors

John
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 10:27:13 am by Just John »

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 12:44:11 pm »
So why can't I see it then ??? Are you all talking about me behind my back or something I'm getting paranoid now? ;D
Because your computer loves to see you freak out!

Actually Bush is getting his last laughs in-
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 12:54:18 pm by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 12:51:02 pm »
John, I just had problems the other day and needed Peter to correct it. Updated my email address and then waited on the email to confirm, never came and never came. Peter told me to shut down my spam protecter in windows and I shut down Norton and still nothing. Peter ended up resetting it himself.

Offline Just John

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 10:21:20 am »
Ok, thanks for the help, I'll e-mail the editor and see what can be sorted.

John.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.