Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:33:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 197
Total: 197

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread Part 54.......The Sun is on the Horizion.... Or is it???  (Read 42767 times)

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
Good Morning Ladies,

I started a new thread, hope the title is okay...

How is everyone doing. Just dropping in the say Hello to everyone and let you know that I am still here. I am at work and my knee is killing me. I can't take any meds til I get off of work because all medicine makes me sleepy.

Last night I went out and bought a new carpet cleaner for the house. I so needed it. I have nothing planned for today but work homework and floor cleaning. Hope everyone is good.

I will check back in later..

Latrice!!!

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
Re: Ladies Thread Part 54.......The Sun is on the Horizion.... Or is it???
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:56:31 pm »
Latrice, what a pretty name. Thanks for starting a new thread, the other one is at 107 replies. The title is good with me, I logged on this morning and wanted to start a new thread but couldn't think of a title A new carpet cleaner sounds good. I need to get a new mop for the kitchen.                                                                                                                                                                    Minismum, glad to hear that you both like Doctor Daniel, hope you find a better PID for her. ThatHealth Access sounds good. Hope you get approved.                                                                                                                                                                          Queen, good luck going back on meds  . I hear you about most of the kids being messed up.Reading the letters I get from my son makes me think it's not gonna get better                                                                                                                                       Tendai, I pay around  $2.00 for a loaf of bread. Food prices have gone crazy here. They all went up around the time that gasoline rose to around $5 per gallon   . Gasoline has dropped to less than $2 per gallon but food remains really high. I would think prices would drop back down but I think people have gotten greedy especially high up in company's.     Hope your Mr out of town gets to come see you.                                                                                                                                                                              Betty , I hope the test on your heart comes back with good results. Maybe the improved diet and the exercise  will improve your risk factor. Didn't you quit smoking as well. That should improve it , too.                                                                                                Happy1976, glad to hear from you. Hope things are going well and you like it here.                                                                                     Camms, I want to see Slumdog Millionaire. It looks like it would be a good movie.  That is impressive with the psychiatrist. I hope it was a good visit. I need to find another therapist . I had one and talking to her made me feel good but she quit so I  never got a new one.                                                                                                                                                                                         Well, it's been a busy day. I vacuumed the whole house, upstairs and downstairs, washed the rugs and shower curtain in the bathroom, did 2 loads of laundry and washed the dishes. Robert is on the couch watching SpongeBob.       I think it will be bedtime for us both in a minute. Have a good night. Cristy  (Edited cause I didn't like the way it looked  )                                           
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 08:10:38 am by cjc »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 08:57:45 pm »
Hello everyone. I know I've been missing for a while. I just didn't really have much to say. Wow, that was blunt huh? LOL! I've just kind of been in a strange place. I think I am just starting to let myself feel all of this, even though it has almost been 2 years since my diagnosis. I know we have all been there.
I did read but I'm not sure how much I retained...I have a tendency to skim when I have a lot of information to read. Oh..I do have something funny to show you all but I have to figure out how to scan it. It is something a student was passing out for student council elections. I will try to figure it out this weekend. I'm sure you will all get a kick out of it.

Betty- I hope your heart thing goes ok. Are you scared? Good for you getting out there and exercising. I have a gym membership and don't even use it. I am just so unmotivated! You must not have been too happy when old Puxatawney Phil (spelling?) saw his shadow.

Mum- I'm glad you found a new doctor. I heard that Paul Blart was funny. I'm sure the kids will like it.

Camm- I hope you are doing ok. I can't remember all of the post and since this is a new thread I can't look back... :o

Everyone else, hello! I would comment but like I said to Cams, I can't look back. I am getting ready to enjoy my three day weekend. We get Lincoln's birthday and Washington's birthday off in two separate Mondays instead of one President's day....NICE! It started raining here yesterday which makes it torture being with the kids. They can't stand being cooped up. I don't mind the rain as long as I don't have to be out in it. I love the sound of it coming down, especially at night when I'm in bed.

I don't have much planned this weekend other than my usual, laundry and lesson plans. Have a good evening ladies!  

Andrea  :) :)

Offline vivyt

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 08:58:46 pm »
Cristy- you posted at the same time I did. You sure had a busy day!

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 09:16:22 pm »
Hey Andrea, we did post at the same time. We only get President's Day off here. I like your way better. we still have to go to school on the 16th cause I got a letter with Robert's 9 week report card saying he is only allowed a certain # of days absent and he only has 1 more absence left. I am going to see if we can work something out. I sent a doctors note for 75% of the absences but we will just have to see.    I have spells like that, where I just don't have much to say. Take care and enjoy your 3 day weekend.     Cristy

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 07:38:19 am »
Good Saturday morning!  The temps are rising and so is my mood.  However,we need about a week of dry, sunny weather to get rid of the mud that's produced when 12 inches+ of snow melts. At least the snow makes it look pretty.  The kids want to go outside today, but it is just way to muddy, even with their wellies on.

The movie was OK from an adult view.  It was fairly predictable and the comedy was slapstick.  But, the kids laughed the entire time and it had a great message.  Just don't get up right when it ends - there's more and it's pretty funny.

Camms, I have no energy..lol! I usually fall asleep with my book between 9 and 10.  I don't sleep well at night and usually get out of bed between 5 and 6 after being awake by about 3am (if not before).  I used to take naps with the kids, but haven't in a while.  I take their quiet time to fold laundry so they can put it away when they get up.  I try real hard not to sweat the small stuff.  Doesn't work too often, but I try.

Kids here don't get President's Day off.  They've already missed so much school because of snow days, they won't get out until June 8th and will have to go back early in August.  Not sure what they'll do about Spring break, but will probably cut it down to a 3 day weekend.  I'm just glad we don't have to follow their schedule (remember teachers had to go to school on Christmas Eve!)

Nothing going on here except laundry, laundry, food, baths, and laundry.  I finshed the 2nd book in my "The Seven" trilogy and will start on the 3rd today.  Then, I'll get started on "Twilight" - a 4-book series.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Much love to you all from the frigid - but SUNNY - tundra.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 07:57:34 am »
Morning ladies,

Camms, I remember Phen Phen and all the trouble it caused.  My two valves that are prolapsed were diagnosed when I was 16, after using too much coke and speed (I remember a few times, after a coke or speed spree, laying on my bed with my arms outstretched thinking I was going to die).That's when I switched to heroin, because I reasoned it was a better option since it was a downer (good thinking, aye). :-\  Anyway, what did that test feel like where they inject something into you that makes your heart race?  I've heard from a few people who thought they were on their way out, and a few people who said it was no big deal.

Keeping, thanks for starting the new thread.  I like the title.  How's school?

Cristy, you sure were busy!  I hope you and Robert have a good weekend.  Any plans?  And yes, you should see Slumdog Millionaire.  It's an uplifting film, all in all.

Andrea, I wondered what happened to you.  Nothing else but housework planned?  I'm not that scared about the test, because it's going to be done at a hospital, so if anything were to happen, I'm right there.

Mum, I hear you about the snow melting.  It's raining here right now, and the temp is 46F.  Much different than yesterday, where it didn't rise above like 19F.  When I stepped outside this morning to get the paper, it was like a little stream is going down the middle of my porch.  We have about 2 - 2 & 1/2 feet of snow to melt; I don't know that that will happen today. And of course where the shopping centers are, where they keep plowing snow, there's piles of about 10 feet.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be back into the 30's, so this warmup is going to be very short lived.

I'm up pretty early.  I went to bed a bit early last night.  I'm like mum, I read at night before I fall asleep. I just finished a book called "Involuntary Madness."  It was about a lady who put herself into three different "head-straightener" places and she writes about each one.  It's interesting.  I can't think of the author, but she wrote a New York Time's best-selling book called "Self Made Man" that I would like to read. 

Today I'm supposed to see 'The Reader.'  A couple of friends are supposed to go along. There's very thick fog outside though, and they're saying on the news that visiblity is bad, so I don't know if that's going to happen or not.  But, I'm planning on seeing the movie, whether they're able to make it or not.  I did the report I had to do for Biology yesterday.  So, I really don't have any homework this weekend.  Anyway, that's all I have planned for today.  I hope you ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 08:23:18 am »
Good morning ladies. Been up for about 45 minutes, but I've gotten the animals and stove feed so now I am trying to wake up. No plans this weekend, Betty. I have been thinking about joining a ladies  support group in Greensboro. I didn't before because one of my coworker volunteered there. I might wait cause my boss from the restaurant came by Thurday with my W2's and offered me my job back. I want it but am going to have to talk to him first. He wants me to guarantee that I won't be absent any more but How can I guarantee that. Couple other things to talk to him about as well. I really want my job back but not if I am going to be treated like shit. I think I am going to disclose to him and see what he says. Cause that would explain me being sick so much. I loved the restaurant and most(95%) of my coworkers so I am just thinking about it.  Thanks for listening . I'll check in later today. Hope everybody is snug and safe. Later,    Cristy

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 08:44:57 am »

I just finished a book called "Involuntary Madness."  It was about a lady who put herself into three different "head-straightener" places and she writes about each one.  It's interesting.  I can't think of the author, but she wrote a New York Time's best-selling book called "Self Made Man" that I would like to read. 

That'll be Norah Vincent. Her book "Self-Made Man" was very good, so I'll have to pick up a copy of "Involuntary Madness."  Sounds right up my street. ;D

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 11:22:29 am »
Morning Ladies----

Yesterday, I had to go to the Health Department to get my TB test read. I had not been there since I got tested back in '97. I guess it brought back memories.Still waiting to see if this new PCP will accept me as a patient. I stopped my meds back after I saw my ID doc last visit, it was around the holidays when I was feeling bummed about things. I didn't want the Sustiva in the Atripla to do a number on me like it did before. We kinda got into it in a professional way, he didn't approve me stopping but I see the toll it took. He left it up to me when to start back just warned that he didn't want my cd4 to be as low as it was when I started the meds, which was 215. I am not there yet but decided to start back on them next month. I will see him again in May which by then will give me 2 months back on meds. That's the plan anyways.

Tendai--- I know about Jeff Hardy getting burned in the face when he was about to go to the ring. But then his brother Matt ended up costing him the belt in the match with Edge at the Royal Rumble I think it was. Randy Orton now has a match vs Shane McMahon on the next pay per view, I think it is No Way Out, I am not sure. Ric Flair is making an appearance this Monday. I don't get Smackdown here so I see whatever they show on Raw or ECW...

Well, it appears to be in the 40's today, maybe it will melt some of the snow off my car. I am still waiting on my bf to find someone to fix the car now that she has the money. Now she says she is waiting for some of the snow to disappear. And trying to find the guy to fix it...We'll see....

Other than that, nothing planned for me, just chilling and playing my game.......
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline camille07

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 01:06:27 pm »
The subtext of this forum should be called:  Chores "a day in the life of laundry, floors and cleaning house...since it seems to be the trend for today.

BT-  Having prolapse did you ever experience panic.  Its completely based on the valve hesitating and then send a whoosh of blood to the brain.  Its strange feeling but if you know what it is its not back at all.  That's kind of what its like....but it was nothing especially since you're in a medical surrounding.  Its not like tachycardia (increased heat beat) when you've self induced it and puts you in a mental tizzy.  I know you'll do just fine. 

Queen-  I'm just curious as to why the delay of going back on meds? 

Christy-  In your earlier post you mentioned you were seeing a psychiatrist but she quit?  That's too bad.  It takes so long to find someone who you really trust and want to open up to and bam, your doctor has quit. 

Viv-  It will be three years for me the day after presidents day.  It did not really affect me until I went on meds which was back in November.  Don't get me wrong I had suffered through strained relationships,  like a a guy taking me through this horrible, unsure attitude of wanting to be for months because of being poz.  But it was a different pain when it developed inside me, in my head,  and not due to an external force.  It's gotten a lot better since then.

Latrice-  When you say carpet cleaner do you mean a vacuum or the kind that doesn't run on electricity and pulls items up through rotating brushes?

I'm off to study and go through my online training.   It's going to get to 45 degrees today so I'll take some time on the beach with Jada.    She's got cabin fever as bad as me.

Enjoy the day!

Hugs,

Camms

Offline vivyt

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 01:20:04 pm »
Hey all!

Cristy- What is the school saying about the absences? Is he absent because he is sick? In my school district if a student misses more than 15 days they could be held back, but I don't think that ever really happens unless there is an extreme case. Ususally if the child is doing ok and not suffering academically, it is overlooked unless it is out of control.

Mum- I just ordered Twilight through Scholastic. We have monthly bookorders and when the kids buy books the teachers get points. I usually use the points to expedite the order or to get books for the classroom. I decided to order this book since it seems pretty popular. Is Twilight the first book in the series?

Betty- Yeah. I just kind of got stuck  :) Is The Reader the one with Kate Winslet? If it is, my partner teacher saw it with her husband and she said it is pretty "hot"... ;) ;) The other day I was at a meeting and group of us teachers were talking about books and reading and how we don't have as much time to read "adult" books anymore. I always try to keep up with what the kids are reading and some of the books are pretty good. It's hard to know what is good to read, you know?

Keeping- When I was at my old condo I had carpet and I had a carpet cleaner. I loved having one. Now I have wood floors so I don't need one but I do miss having the cleaner because I could use it on the furniture too.

Queen- Does getting of the Atripla increase the chances for resistance? That's what scares me.

Well ladies, the sunny days have ended here. We are getting rain, rain, and more rain. We sooo need it though. I'm just going to stay warm and cozy in the house... :)

Have a good day everyone!
Andrea

Offline vivyt

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 01:23:25 pm »
Camms- You posted at the same time I did.  :) I talked about how I was feeling with my therapist and she agrees that I am just really starting to take it all in. Because I have responded so well to the meds I haven't really had it in my face, you know? I guess it's like the stages of grief. Oh well, with time all things get better....

Offline camille07

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 06:31:16 pm »
Ok need to vent-  can someone help pull up the wool over my eyes.  I have a friend who was staying with me intermittently.  he was there for me when I really needed support and a friend...and so I wanted to show him the same.  However, there is a rule when he is with me...no alcohol.  He's a recovering alcoholic and is co-infected.  Today I had to study so he wanted to go for a walk.  There's a lot of places around here to walk, parks and beaches etc.  He calls me up and says he's at McDonalds which pissed me off. We just came back from the market and bought all fresh healthy foods.  First off I paid and bought things he really wanted .....good healthy foods and next he was wasting his state funded card on mcdonalds. Don't get me wrong, I love a good big mac but not after we spent a good hour planning out the meals for the day etc.

So we got in an argument over the phone.  I felt bad so I got in the car and figured I would pick him up cause its a pretty far walk.  He called me and said he was sorry and that he would be back in twenty minutes.  I said ok....not telling him I was going to surprise him. 

To MY SURPRISE I see him walking out of the liquor store a few doors down with a black bag in hand.  I jumped out of the car and when he saw me he was as white as a ghost.  I figured he had a tall boy beer in the bag, but I was speechless.  He handed me the bag and it had a pint of vodka, a tall boy, and a plastic cup.  I felt so stupid.  Three weeks ago he almost died of alcohol poisoning.  It was vodka then too. 

I said "get in the car I'm driving you home".  He begged me for 45 minutes to let him stay and have the great lunch dinner we planned.   I didn't speak to him all the way back to his town. 

I told him after the night at the hospital that he needs to get help...over and over I told him.  I said if he chose not to and chose to drink then i couldn't be his friend.  I can't sit there and watch him kill himself.  I don't know if I handled this right.  I felt a plethora of emotions and might have been reactionary.  I just don't know.

Offline minismom

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 06:44:52 pm »
Andrea, yes, Twilight is the 1st book in the series.  I'm not sure what the other books are called.  When i get them from my mom, I'll let you  know.  I'm already 1/2 finished with my book.  I read most of the day - not usually on my schedule.  But, I did manage to get 4 loads of laundry done.

Tomorrow we're having breakfast at church.  Every month, a different Sunday School class caters it.  It's not our class's turn, so it'll be nice to pig out and not have to cook any of it.  It'll also cut down on the stress of getting ready in the morning.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.  We're having family night tonight so I'm off to watch "Bob the Butler" with the kiddoes.

Much love to you all!
Mum

www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline camille07

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 07:24:31 am »
I started this morning by spilling coffee all over my desk.  Saved the laptop but my dual monitor got hit by the coffee tide and my mouse is dead.   Ugggh, I need to buy another today.  I'm a graphic designer (laid off momentarily but studying new programs) so I need to have a really precise mouse.  My new cell phone also needs to be returned because its dropping calls constantly.  The previous phone was a motorolla which has better build for reception and I switched to a Samsung.  I'm switching back today.    Off to church this morning and the dog park this afternoon.  Temps are going into the 50's today....whooo hooo.

Mum-  What do you think of the book so far? At least engaging  if you were reading all day.  I just started the White Bone again by Barbara Gowdy.  It's a very creative story taken from the point of view from African Elephants struggling with everything from poachers to famine.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday...enjoy!

Hugs,

Camms

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 08:23:14 am »
Morning ladies,

Cristy, have you decided on taking the job back yet or not?

Ann, yes, that's it! (the name of the author).  I'm going to the library tomorrow to see if I can find her book Self Made Man, since I enjoyed the one I just read so much.  It is a really good book and she says some good, practical things about life at the end.  It's entertaining as well.

Queen, I didn't know you were taking a med break.  I hope going back on does alright. 

Camms, I thought you kicked this guy out before.  I know how easy it is to let these people back into your life (I've been on both ends, the one taking the person in, and the person being taken in), mostly because they're (we're) good talkers, and can talk most people into anything ("I swear, this time I'm through").  I would not let this guy stay with you again unless he went through a good treatment program.  It doesn't have to be inpatient; they have intensive outpatient programs.  He sounds like he needs one.  If he can't afford one, then I wouldn't let him back until he's gone to AA and stays sober for at least 3 months.  Seriously.  I'm not trying to be a bitch.  But you shouldn't keep letting yourself get taken for a ride.  You know the saying, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."  Don't be a fool.

Andrea, yes, The Reader is the one with Kate Winslett.   I usually find books by going into the library and looking at their new arrival shelves.  I couldn't go through all their rows and rows of books, unless I had a specific topic in mind.

Mum, I hope you have a good day at church.  I'm thinking about going myself.

Yesterday I and my best gay friend went to see 'The Reader.'  It's an excellent movie.  It keeps you engaged every minute, very intense.  I understand why Kate Winslett is up for an academy for her role.  It has a couple sad parts.  A friend of mine said he cried; I didn't.  But I highly recommend this movie.

Like I was telling mum, I'm thinking about going to church today.  I haven't been there in a long time and I do miss it.  Like I've mentioned before, my church is a bit different than a traditional church.  There are heterosexual people there, mostly the older people.  My pastor is a lesbian, in either her late 50's or early 60's and has been with her partner for like 20 years.  Most of the people who go there are GLBT and they do a lot of social justice things.  They're involved with a women's shelter, food pantries that they contribute to, even an animal shelter.  And when something happens in town that deals with someone's civil rights, they get involved.  They've helped me with some expenses in the past, and are a just a great church.  It's the disciples of Christ denomination, but there are no hard rules.  I asked my pastor one time what to follow as far as Bible "laws" go, and she said the only one she tries to abide by at all times is "love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul and your neighbor as yourself."  Which is good for all people, I guess.

OK, I've rambled long enough. I hope you ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 03:14:23 pm »
Hello Ladies, hope everyone is well.                                                    Andrea, with his last report card the school sent a note saying a child who misses x amount of days may not be moved on to the next grade. He can miss one more day according to the count. I don't remember the exact # of days. I do have a conference scheduled for the 16th. I think because he was sick almost all of those days and I sent doctor's notes  or a handwritten note from me, that the school system will work with us. I am not stressing it, because he can do the schoolwork. We go over it daily. Thanks for asking, it will work out.             Camms, I wish I knew what to tell you about your friend. Maybe you need to distance yourself especially if he is choosing to drink.                 Betty, I haven't decided about the job. I have decided to call my bossman on Monday and talk to him. I would like to go back to work but not there if it causes me stress. I like to be stressfree.                                   Queen, wishing you luck with the car.      I'm going outside, it is too pretty to be in the house. Love you all. Take care.   Cristy

Offline camille07

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 03:52:01 pm »
BT-  I agree with you 100%.  I said the same thing to a friend about fooling me once shame on you....well, yes shame on me and its not happening again. Even if he does go to AA or a program....I'm so emotionally detached now and I just have 0 trust.  I wouldn't believe it that he was clean. 

Camms

Offline vivyt

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 06:58:01 pm »
Hey all! Just checking in. Not much going on today. I've been catching up on all my DVR'd programs and just plain laying around  ;D We have had rain off and on since Friday so I did my laundry yesterday during a dry spell and walked the dog today. I still have to do my lesson plans and grade some stuff but since I have tomorrow off I'll probably save it until then.

Have a good day ladies!

Andrea

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 09:18:44 pm »
Hey Ladies,

Jsut checking in. Nothing much really exciting going on today. We went to church and out to dinner. After church we decieded we wanted to ride the children bikes. :-\ Big mistake. I hurt from my shoulders to my butt to my feet. We rode for about 7 miles. The next time im going to take it slow and go from the house to the store and back ;D.

Camms- the carpet cleaner I have is the kind that wets the floor with water and a cleaning solution and steams the dirt out of it. My carpet looks so much better. We have a puppy whom we can't potty train so it is much needed.

BT- School is going okay. I'm getting a little tired I think but I try to keep pressing forward. I don't think I will get a refund check from the school this time though.

Viv- Did you take my number down from that PM i sent to you a while back? Remember what I said.

Well I guess I will go and soak in the tub with some epsom salt and iron and go to bed. I will check back in later.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 09:50:23 pm »
I was thinking that I had heard that story before Camms. Hope you wont be allowing him to use you again.

I went to the mall today. I walked around for 4 hours looking at clothes. I did not see a damn thing I would want to wear. Seems like all the tshirts have words on them or glitter or some shiney material or iron on looking things. I did try on a pair of pants but decided I did not want to try on any more after I could not get the size 12's buttoned LOL
I want to know who in the fashion world decided all women want to wear huge prints and pants with words across the butt and glitter and rhinestones on everything.
I dont really have a style. But I suppose if it where a style mine would be called comfortable. I'm not interested in showing off my clevage or walking on stilts because it looks nice or squeezing into tight pants to show off my fanny.
I just want comfort. I even looked in the mens department LOL  they have as much glittery, words all over the shirt clothes as the women I think LOL

Offline vivyt

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 10:29:16 pm »
Keeping- 7 miles!!! I would be dead in the street. Thank you for the PM.... :)

Win- LOL! Where are you shopping?! If you are looking for basics you might want to try Old Navy. I buy all my tanks and tee's there. My favorite store of the moment is Forever 21. My uniform of the moment is either leggings or dresses with black tights both with boots. Very forgiving and comfy. I have not put on a pair of jeans in at least a month...they are all hanging in my closet mocking me... :D

tendai

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 04:06:08 am »
hie guys

camms - i think your friend should get professional help, its sounds too much for you to handle alone.  about the phones, a lot of people here swear by Nokia.  especially the first models like the 5110. People would joke that u can lob it at a thiefs head and knock him out then use that same phone to call the police. Of course noone wants to be seen using such an old phone now. its like phones are  some sort of status symbol

betty - im sure you'll have a lot to give the ladies of your group, i think it would be a shame if you took a back seat

queen - i bet u matt did it on purpose coz he lost his belt to swaggart. i wonder if they're going to have some kind of grudge match or something. that should be interesting - Hardy vs Hardy. and what is Shane thinking? Randy will chew him up and spit him out. (I can decide whether i love or hate Randy though) Should be fun to watch :)   Good luck with the meds break, i hope u dont get any nasty effects from it.

keeping - ouch! sounds like u needed to soak in hot water for a few hours..

i had a quiet weekend. did some cleaning and washing then went to see my people at my aunts. my nephew's ok, looking as cute as ever, i wished i could take him home but its still early days yet and i have to see what my landlord will say about visitors staying a few days or more. coz i dont think it would be fair for them to say i cant have my relatives over, its not like they're noisy or anything and they'll just stick to my place and wont give them any trouble. 
i watched "Wanted" on saturday. the one where angelina jolie is an assassin and i was thinking "poor Jen did not stand a chance in hell of keeping Brad with that sort of competition"  it was just not possible!

Offline minismom

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 07:27:35 am »
Andrea, I just looked in the back of my book (real DUH!moment) to see what the names of the other books are in the Twilight series.  Twilight is first, then New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.  I got to page 18 before I fell asleep..lol!

Hubby took our TV into the repair shop and found out that it can't be fixed.  Well, it could be fixed,but it would cost us more than the TV cost us.  So, we told them to keep it.  I HATE TV, so I'm not heartbroken.  Just a bit miffed that it only "survived" 13 months with a 12 month warranty.  Hubby's trying to convince me to buy another one, but I'm holding off - WAY off!

Nothing planned for today.  After not doing laundry yesterday, the basket is full again.  I'm hoping to get it done in one load, but not holding my breath.  Then, school, and dance class.  Weather here is getting warmer - into the 60's - but raining all week.  The rain stops Friday in time to see 30 and 40 degree temps again. :-\

I hope all of you have a good Monday. 

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 08:50:15 am »
Mum- Thanks. I'm looking forward to it getting here. I am wondering if it is all that it is hyped up to be. I just finished reading Julie of the Wolves and totally cried. I tend to get emotional about the characters in the books I read, especially if they are well written.

Betty- I think I am finally going to go check out the pos group that I have found on the internet. It's not just for ladies but it is a hetero group. They have a brunch every month. The only draw back is the distance. Good luck getting your group together.

Well I did absolutely no work this weekend but I have today off so that's ok, right? LOL! I must get it done today. It's raining again so I won't be tempted to go anywhere. Talk to you all later!

Offline camille07

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 09:02:53 am »
Mum-  Your tv lasted only 13 months?  Do you remember the make?  TVs today aren't made like they used to.  My parents just got rid of their tv that they owned for 25 years.  I wonder how long his new one will last?

Tend and Winn-  Yeah same guy different situation.  I made a mistake because I believed his lies not once but twice.  As Betty said (loosely) they'll say anything to convince you to get what they want".    I appreciate everyone's comments.

Tend-  My original phone was a nokia.  It was a beast of a phone and probably could knock someone into unconsciousness.  It was with me for a few years.  Everyone had this cool little phones and mine looked like a shoebox.

Winn- I won't even go to the mall anymore.  Seems like the same trend is riding high her in Jersey.  I 'm not into having "delicious" over my ass for several reasons.  Maybe looking online is the route to go.

BT- Isn't today the day you're getting your heart tested.  Please let us know how it went.  I'm curious to know if you experienced anything out of the ordinary, but more importantly, that your heart checked out ok.

Keeping Faith-  Those are the very best for really cleaning your carpet.  When I was married we had a lot more cats and my dog.  We had bought one of those carpet cleaners from a friend's recommendation.  After vacuuming,  I thought it would be interesting to see how much more the cleaner would pick up.  It was mind boggling.  The animal hair and dirt was a real shock.  

Be well ladies, christy and queen.

Camms

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 09:47:06 am »
Morning ladies,

Cristy, good luck talking with the "bossman" today.  I hope he offers you what you want.

Camms, no, tomorrow I have the heart test.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Stick to your guns, and don't let your friend back.  I'm rooting for you.

Andrea, good luck with the group.  I think the distance in driving would be worth it. 

Tendai, I don't know why your landlord would object to you having your family over.  I think you should.

Mum, you do know that the prices are slashed right now on t.v.'s, and Circuit City is going out of business.  This may be the time to get a great deal on one.  Of course, I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other.  Just sayin.'

Wendy, I don't like the new fashions of today with all that writing and glitz either.  I always get my clothes (except for the undees) at Goodwill or Salvation Army.  They always have a big variety, and I hate paying a lot for clothes, so they fit my budget as well.

Today I'll be doing laundry (so I can sympathize, mum).  Then at 3:00 p.m., I'm going to the Y to meet with some man who works there to try to get a workout together that I can do and that will help me lose weight.  Seriously, I need to lose (at the most) 30 lbs.  People never believe me when I say that, but it's only because I'm tall and can hide the extra weight well.  But, when I get out of the shower, I sure can tell it's there.  And it's not good.  I'm not doing it for appearances sake.  I'm doing it mostly for being comfortable and health reasons.

Anyway, about this going to the Y......I guess I'll be taking my workout clothes (which I haven't figured out what those will be yet).  I have some shorts, but they're the old-fashioned stretchy kind.  So, I'll probably take some jogging pants and an old t-shirt.  I don't have any fancy ensemble, and I don't plan on buying any.  I might, however, get a bandana to wear on my head, to absorb the sweat; plus, if I go in the mornings before I take a shower, my hair always looks totally awful, and the bandana will cover it up.  I've got to make myself stick to this.  Right now, I feel like I'm about to go on probation (which will happen Friday, when I see the dietician).  So, I'm trying to get in as many last-minute sweets as possible (isn't that awful, especially with me being diabetic).  Because after Friday, I've got to get serious. 

Anyway, I've rambled long enough.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 05:24:04 pm »
 I 'm not into having "delicious" over my ass for several reasons.  

LMAO

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 10:17:34 pm »
What is really funny is that the sweat pants I am wearing today have Love written in glittery rhinestones near my crotch. Terribly ugly but comfortable.  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline vivyt

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 11:10:12 pm »
Wendy- My sister used to wear the "Juicy" ones, only it was on the butt...LOL!

Offline minismom

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 11:20:50 pm »
Wendy, when I first read your post, I read it as "sweet" pants and not "sweat" pants.

Camm, the TV was a Emerson LCD HDTV.  LOL - I had to ask Hubby because I have no idea.  My parents just got rid of the TV I grew up with.  It was so old, it was a wire remote.  Yep, 13mths, what a rip-off.

Betty,  Hubby found another TV, same as before but different name-brand and bigger, for less than $300.  I just have a problem paying $300 for something that 1 - I can't eat, 2 - isn't paying a bill.  Plus, i really don't like TV and Hubby can watch every show on the internet.  We do have a wee TV - a 12 inch old TV with a big butt, that works and was free.

I heard some very interesting facts about a trillion dollars:

If you stack $1 bills on top of each other, you'd reach half way to the moon with a trillion dollars.  That same distance would take the space shuttle 2 days at supersonic speed.  

If you spent $1 million everyday for 2000 years, you'd still not reach $1 trillion dollars.  

If you were able to count 1 number every second, it would take you about 32,000 years to count to 1 trillion.

Helps put into perspective what it is we're going to have to pay back.

Mum
www.watoto.com

tendai

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2009, 03:32:54 am »
mum - i cant help but smile at the trillion stuff, we're sooo used to that word and is only because people get confused after that having to say "quadrillion" or quintilion or sextillion that we're not using those amounts. over here saying "one trillion" is like saying "one dollar". a ride into town is $3 trillion which is about US50cents. so US1trillion i dont think we can even convert it into Zimbabwe dollars without getting muddled up.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2009, 05:48:18 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy and Andrea, I wouldn't like things written across my butt, but because my butt is not "hot," or whatever.

Mum, I know it's a lot of money, but you can also watch movies on a t.v.  And the news.  Of course, I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other. 

Tendai, that money situation is very confusing.  I can understand why it's hard to convert American dollars to Zim money.

Well, the Y did not happen yesterday.  A lady from there called and asked if I could go at 4:10 instead of 3:00 and meet with someone different. I said that would be fine.  Then, a man from there called at 3:00 and told me the person I was supposed to meet with had car trouble and wasn't going to be in.  He asked if the person could call me tomorrow (today) and I said that would be alright.  I'm a bit miffed, but oh well.  Nothing I can do about it. 

Today I'm up super early because of having to have that heart test.  In a couple minutes, I'm going to go take a shower.  I'm not too concerned right now, but I'm sure when I get there, I'll be a bit nervous.  I'm just nervous because I don't know what to expect.  It's done in a medical setting, so if something were to go wrong, I'd be right there.  That's comforting. 

Other than that, I'm going to go to the library to take back some books, get another one, and I might do my shopping today.  That's about it for me.  I hope you ladies have a good day.

Edited to add:  Got back from the test a little while ago.  It was nothing.  They took an echo, got my heart rate up to 150, took an echo, then let it get back down to my normal rate, and took another echo.  I've learned deep breathing over the years and that helped.  Anyway, like I said, it was nothing.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:09:25 am by BT65 »

Offline camille07

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2009, 10:30:43 am »
Bt-  I'm thinking of you today.  It's amazing how the white coats can make you really nervous  as in "white coat hypertension" (blood pressure that rises just based on the fact your at the doctors.  Or, they can be comforting and help you relax during a procedure.

Viv & Winn-   I remember when I first saw the "juicy" butt. I started laugh and said wow that can be interpetted in many ways...."Juicy gas"...immature I know.    I looked at my ex husband and said, "WT, are people going to start wearing clothes that describe their  body parts in glitter and rhinestones.  Winter hats that have "depressed" in sparkles...etc.

Mum-  Your system of justifiying costs makes a lot of sense to me.  I would be willing to buy better foods for health and nutrition.  Even for items that just taste good....like brie or any other cheese. Some friends are just the opposite.  They would spend more money on their electronics and gadgets and yet, their fridge and cupboards are usually empty.

I bought my new phone yesterday which was a Motorola.   It has not dropped one call.  I'm sooo happy with the exchange and was worth the time and research. 

I'm having a busy day today.  I'm celebrating Christmas with my family later at a Japanese restaurant.  It's taken us sooo long to get together due to everyone's schedule.  My brother is a state trooper and works a lot of holidays.  My sister and her partner own a store and kept it opened it on various holidays, due to the extreme economic crisis. 

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline minismom

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2009, 10:39:35 pm »
Good evening!  The weather here has taken a turn for the worse.  It's warmer, but raining non-stop.  The creek acrossed the street is high and running hard.  As the snow gets washed down the mountain, chances are it's going to flood.  Crews were out today dredging the ditches to keep the flooding and debris out of the road.  Here's hoping it works.  By Thursday, we're back down to the 40's.  Too early to stay warm.

I was supposed to go to DHHR to fill out the paperwork so they would renew my rejection letter for Health Access.  But, a water main broke and the town is on a boil water advisory and water conservation watch until tomorrow night.  I'll call to make sure they're open before heading out.  Just one more reason I'm glad we have a well and not public water service.

Other than that, not much happened today.  Mim is complaining that her head is "killing" her, her ears are bugging her, and the dizzy is getting worse.  She begged me to call Daniel and see if she could go in before next week.  Of course, she tells me all of this at 8pm so I can't call.  I'll check on her tomorrow and if it's not better, I'll call and see what he thinks.  I have a feeling we won't get any true answers until her VNG next week.  It just sucks.

I hope all of you are having a great week so far.  Tomorrow is hump day - half-way to the weekend.  We're almost there, huns...hang in there.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2009, 11:08:38 pm »
Betty- I hope your test went well!!!

Camm- I was more put off by the price tag for that kind of stuff...$100! Ridiculous! Enjoy you Christmas evening. What state do you live in?

Mum- I don't know how you function without a TV. There are some shows I would hate to miss, although usually I have it on as background noise. I hope the creek doesn't flood. Poor Mini and her boo boo ears...

Well, the rain let up today and it was very sunny but COLD! I know I shouldn't say it was cold considering what you all have to deal with but it was still cold and the rain is supposed to come back  :'( Nothing really happened today. We had the Long Beach aquarium come to our school and they brought a touch tank with them so the kids had a good time. I'm just glad that this is a 4 day week and next week is another one too. Talk to you lovely ladies later! (How'd you like my alliteration? LOL!)

Andrea

tendai

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 05:09:36 am »
wooo ladies we have a new prime minister for zimbabwe! hope at last!!!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 07:51:39 am »
Morning ladies,

Camms, my blood pressure never got over 98/54.  It's always low, always has been. 

Mum, we've been having heavy rain since last night.  We're under a severe flood warning (glad I don't live down by the river),and a heavy wind advisory.  Tonight, it's supposed to get back into the 30's and snow, 2-4 inches, then it's supposed to snow for the next two days.  Our weather is supposed to be colder than normal for the next two weeks.    I'm sorry that Min's having trouble with her ears again.  Geez, I wish the docs would figure something out.

Andrea, the test was no big deal at all.  They took an echo, started an i.v. that got my heart rate up to a little over 150, took another echo, stopped the medicine and let my heart rate come down, and took another echo.  It was nothing.  I told the nurse I didn't understand why people made a big deal out of it, and she said "everyone has their own pain threshold."  Which is true, and I should remember those things before I open my mouth.    Anyway, that aquarium sounds like fun.  Sorry about your weather. 

Tendai, YAY!  I am so happy for you!  When did this happen?  I really hope this means change (in a good way) for you all there.

Well, I've covered the test and the weather.  When my neighbor man in the middle apartment was leaving for work at 6:30 this morning, he slammed the door, which woke me up.  He and his woman do this all the time (slam doors) and it's really starting to piss me off.  It's so inconsiderate.  Last night, their smoke alarm kept going off for like 15 minutes.  They would shut it off and it would start up again.  I don't know what they're doing (well, I have an idea).  It's not my business what someone else does in their space, but it's annoying when the alarm keeps going off.  And the woman bitches all the time.  Every time she comes home, if he's there, she starts in.  And she's loud about it, that's why I can hear her.  She never says "hi" either.  I don't know what's going on with the girl in the front.  I know she gave her dog away and kicked her sister out.  She parks in the front now, so I never see her.  Which is all the better.

I'm going to clean today, then I have school tonight.  Other than that, nothing exciting.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline camille07

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2009, 08:07:37 am »
Mum-  So sorry to hear about Mini's ears.  That must be so frustrating when your child is in pain and you feel helpless.   I hope by the time I'm writing this you can have reached the doctor or is in route.  Hopefully the pain subsided.  

Viv-  I had a really nice time with my family last night.  We all live on the Jersey Coast (for now).  We usually go to my sister's house for christmas, but this year was a difficult one...for her and her partner and her business. (sorry for the run on)  I had a few birthday gifts that had past with me too for siblings....lol.    Touch tanks are really cool and a great tool for teaching kids about the eco-system.  What a nice opportunity for the kids.

Tend -  I watch the BBC news a lot.  I saw about the prime ministerTsvangirai's win.  I was interested because one of my closest friends is from South Africa and he had a lot to say....but he's a talker so I google a lot of the things he tells me. LOL.  Anyway, what are your thoughts.  Sounds like your pleased with the outcome.  The news can tell us only so much, its what the people have to say that really interests me.

Happy to hear your test went well. And especially glad that you didn't feel any ill affects.  Low blood pressure is good unless you go too low.  Do you tend to crave salt or feel dizzy if you stand for long periods of time?

Well off to the dog park and then my online classes.  Tonight I have dinner out with 5 other employees from my previous job.  We range from 30 to 74, I guess each of us owns a decade.  I'm 39 but 40's close enough that I can see it.  We go out for dinner every few months which is wonderful.  They were great co workers and remain good friends.

Well , hope you all have a terrific day.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline minismom

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2009, 08:41:06 am »
Good morning, sweeties! 

Betty, we're under a severe wind advisory, but right now it's just super foggy.  Schools were in today, so I'm assuming DHHR will be open.  I'll still call first since they are notorious about their computers going down.  Hubby has to stay home with the kids, so he made me a folder (book, really) with everything I need to renew my rejection. (How's that for an ego buster?)  Do you know the results of your test?  I'm glad it wasn't bad for you.  My pain threshold would've been hit the minute they told me "just a little pinch".  I'm seriously needle-phobic.

Tendai, I hope this change is for the better.  Be sure to keep us in the know.

Camm, lunch with friends sounds wonderful!  Have a great time.  How was your Christmas dinner last night?

Mim said that her ears feel ok and she wants to wait to see Daniel until her test.  I told her that was fine as long as she was sure.  I made her promise to tell me if things start going south.  At this point, she's just fed-up.

Not much going on today.  I just noticed a pile of dirty clothes in the bathroom, guess I know what my plans are.  One day, I'll have something really earth-shattering to report.

Happy Hump Day!
Mum

www.watoto.com

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2009, 07:54:41 pm »
Betty, really glad that your test went well.Hope your weather improves.                                                                                            Minismum, sorry that Mini is not feeling well again,maybe they will finally figure something out.                                                                         Camms, glad you got a new phone. Hope you have fun tonight.                 Viv, a touch tank sounds like fun. I love to go to the Natural Science Center in Greensboro and there is a really nice aquarium at Fort Fisher in NC.                                                                                                    Things are good here, went Grocery shopping today and got Robert some really cute valentines to give out Friday.                                       Hope everyone has a good night. Cristy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2009, 11:14:28 pm »
Good Evening!

Cams- Hope you had a good dinner. What kind of dog do you have? I have a Terrier mix who drives me crazy but I love her to death...the spoiled girl! ;D

Betty- I'm glad the test went well. Did you feel your heart racing or anything? Too bad you have to deal with crazy neighbors. I had one and he is gone.... ;D ;D. I am always sensitive to the people around me. I try to keep my dog from barking but she thinks she is in charge of everyone outside. Lately she has been barking at everything, especially when another dog walks by.

Mum- Be glad that you don't have anything earth shattering!

Cristy- The kids are going to hand out Valentine's on Friday too, or at least the ones who want to. I'm making rice krispie treats in the shape of hearts for them.

Today was just pretty tame. Nothing really happening. Have a good night! Stay warm everyone!

tendai

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 06:30:37 am »
Hie ladies

everyone's excited out here. its  a promise of a new beginning at last! who would have thought Mugabe would meet his match (sort of).  we've got the opposition in important ministries like health, education and finance and thats a start coz thats where the main problems are.  next thing is to get rid of the central bank governor so we can start using or own currency again. its really exciting. and the information and communication was given to MDC again and the minister is a young pup, i mean come on he was the Student representative council president when we were in college and he would lead us into the street demonstrating and now he's a cabinet minister and member of parliament. only in zimbabwe.
betty - gald to hear your heart's ok

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 07:23:13 am »
Morning ladies,

Hey Camms, my blood pressure has never caused a problem.  Well, except for when I overdosed a few times, and it dropped to like 50/30. :)   I try to use salt all the time, but the reason is because my sodium always runs low in my blood tests.  Some years ago, it got into the critical level a few times, and I had to go to the ER and get an IV.  How did the dinner go?  And, how did the Christmas thing go?

Mum, luckily when the nurse put the IV in, she got it the first time.  I hate when they have to keep poking.  IV's are not like little needles they use to draw blood.  Anyway, I hope things go well for you at DHHR and that you're able to get medical coverage.  How's Min?

Cristy, our weather went to the shitter.  Last night, when I was coming home from school, the wind was blowing really hard.  It knocked down some trees, and people lost power.  It's supposed to stay cold now for awhile and snow.  I wish it was spring already!

Andrea, yes, I felt my heart racing and pounding.  But, it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.  I've had my heart race before when I used to get anxiety attacks.  I got such a bad anxiety attack once that I passed out.  Anyway, that's a long-ago story.   I remember the guy who was causing you all that trouble where you live.  I'm glad he's gone. 

Tendai, I'm so excited for you!  I hope this guy is all he's cracked up to be.

Ann, I checked out the book "Self Made Man" at the library a couple days ago.  I'm through the first two chapters and like it already.

My doctor e-mailed me and said the cardiologist remarked about my prolapsed valves, but none of my arteries were clogged.  So that's good news. 

I asked a friend of mine from school last week if she thought animals have mental illness.  My cat, who's extremely skiddish, gets scared a lot of times from the t.v.  Not from any loud sounds.  If the t.v. is off, and I turn it on, it gets her attention.  She stares at it for a couple minutes, then goes running under the table by my bed.  Seriously.  This didn't start until like about a month ago.  I wish there was a way to scan a cat's brain to tell if there's something wrong (and, of course, if someone else would pay that bill).  I honestly have never had such a nervous cat. 

Today, I'm going to the store, then I have class tonight.  You know, we haven't heard from Queen in a few days; are you still following us?  I wish we would hear something from Drag.  It's been quite awhile now.  And Snow, Wish and Cin, you ladies still around?  I know Keeping posts when she can.  Alright, you ladies have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2009, 08:48:12 am »
Holy crap what a day!  I called DHHR to make sure they were open, which they were, but the don't see anyone on Wednesdays - it's their paperwork day.  WHAT!!??  Our county DHHR has an office-full of workers for 1500 people.  That's not 1500 people who use DHHR services, that's 1500 people TOTAL in our county!!  They need an entire day "off" to catch up with paperwork?  Give me a break!

I'll call them later this morning to make sure they'll be open today.  I'd really like to get this process on the road.

Then, we lost our electricty last night at 7pm.  When our electricty goes out, we have nothing.  Our entire house is electric.  We also have a well and the pump is electric.  So, with no electricty, we have no water and can't flush the toilet.  Luckily, it came back on at 8 this morning.  The winds hit 73 MPH during the night and have now calmed to 33MPH.  The rains are supposed to stop, but it's a mess out there.

Mim is not doing so well.  She's a trooper, but the whole thing just sucks.  She asked this morning how many more days until her test.  She's not feeling good: her head still hurts, her ears are starting in on her again, and she says the world keeps spinning and she's having problems seeing.  She's supposed to go to a birthday party on Saturday, and she's even said she doesn't think she'll feel like it.  She's eating and sleeping fine, no fever.  5 days and counting....

Mum

www.watoto.com

Offline camille07

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2009, 05:05:53 pm »
Hello Ladies-

I had a really wonderful time with my family the other night.  Everyone is in good health and joyous.  I'm really blessed that I can say I have a great family and love them all very much. 
Last night's dinner was great.  However, I'm feeling the effects of it.   When I first got there I was running a little late. Parking was dreadful.  I had ordered a glass of merlot and sat down while we waited for one more person.  My friend got her martini and said "ewww, there's olives in my martini" and the waiter said, that's what a dirty martini is."  She said, "thought a dirty martini was because of the ice?"  What???  This a very intelligent woman just did not get it.  I told her I switch with her since I love them and haven't had one in a long time....I also really love salt.    We all did the pre fix dinner which worked out well for everyone.

Mum-  So sorry to hear about Mini.  Just reading it makes me feel so bad, I can't imagine what she must me going through and you trying to get her relief.  I really hope she starts to feel better.  I put her in my prayer book. 

BT-I was just gonna post the same thing about the other ladies.  It's been a really long time since Cindy posted, along with Drag.  Glad to hear you have clean arteries.  That's really good news!

Tendai-  Hope this guy fulfills all of your expectations.   Everyone seems really excited.

Christy and Viv hope you guys are doing well.

Not much really happening today which is great.  No drama...except the wind is up to 65 mph. 

hugs all around,

Camms

Offline minismom

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2009, 06:53:01 pm »
And the drama continues....

I called DHHR again to make sure they were open, seeing clients, AND a worker would be there between 12 and 12:30.  I got an affirmative on all accounts.  So, after school and lunch, away I went.

First, it was dreadful finding parking.  The sun was out, but the wind was horrific.  I finally found a spot and took out some quarters for the meter.  I jumped out, trying to hurry, and found that the dumb thing only took nickles and dimes.  Crap!  I had to get back out my wallet and dig out some dimes.  I went to put them the slot to find that something was jammed inside it.  CRAP! (again)  Back out came the wallet, I found 4 nickles - good for an hour.  As i was turning the dial after #3, a man walks up and says, "Don't put any more money in the machine.  We have 2 dumb cops who don't check 'cuz they're all broken anyway."  Gee, thanks!

Alright.  I made it to the building to find that the worker was at lunch and wouldn't be back for half an hour.  Oh, AND, because I'm married, Hubby was supposed to come with me.  They were at least nice enough to let him fax over a letter (with the promise of mailing in the original) that said he wasn't there because he was watching the kids. By now, I have one humdinger of a headache.  The thought of going through all this craziness just to get rejected again made me laugh.

The worker came back from lunch and we got started.  Then, WHAMO! Bite the monkey and call him Norma - I was ACCEPTED!  I was amazed and the worker got pissed!  She kept running the numbers and running the numbers but I kept getting accepted.  She continued to tell me it was all a mistake, but I just sat there and smiled. ;D  I was watching the screen and no matter what she did, "pass" was next to my name.  So, she told me that she was going to make some copies of what I'd brought in.

On her way back in, she announced that she had a revelation at the copy machine.  She pulled back up my file, hit a button and BOOM!  I was officially re-rejected.  I was shown the door and told I'd recieve my "Dear John" letter in the mail by Monday.  I walked back to my car, popped a couple of Advil, and drove home.

One a brighter note, Hubby told me he'd arranged with my mom for her to come over and watch the kids so we could go out to dinner tomorrow night.  Which means that all the housework I was going to do tomorrow, has to get done tonight.  Oh, well, tomorrow I eat hot adult food in an adult restaurant.

I am a wee bit worried about the party Mim is going to on Saturday.  We've told them she's a diabetic, but not about the HIV.  In the scheme of things, it shouldn't be a big deal.  I just don't want it to turn into one because we didn't tell them, or because we do.  My vote is not to tell them and see what happens. 

I hope you ladies are having a wonderful Thursday.  Hang in there - Friday is almost here! 

Camm, glad to hear your night and dinner went well.  What did you get for Christmas?

Mum 
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2009, 10:09:41 pm »
Betty I think animals can have mental issues. I've seen a few cats who where psycho. One had brain damage from being hit by a car but she was a happy psycho at least. LOL

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 10:31:13 pm »
Mum- I hope Mini feels better soon and the doctors can find out what is wrong and get it resolved.  I am confused, did you want to be accepted or not?  The lady didn't want you to pass?

Camm- Glad you had a nice time out.  I have never had a dirty martini but it sounds good.

Betty- Glad your test went well. That would drive me nuts if my neighbors kept waking me up. Sounds like your cat needs some catnip.

Ten- I am happy things went well the election and hope that things change for the better soon.  How are you liking your new digs?

cjc- I hope the conversation goes well with your boss.

Viv- Did your sis end up having any wild bashes?

HI Keeping- How is your baby feeling? Mine is sick now, she had to get a treatment tonight and I picked up some amoxicillin and an inhaler for her tonight.  Don't you just love this time of year?

Does anyone know what those little things you plug into your usb ports do?  Can I save my pics on those?  I can't remember what they are called.  Has anyone tried the green tea pills, they are supposed to give you more energy and help your appetite?
Hope everyone has a nice Valentines Day!
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.