Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:46:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 607
Total: 607

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Cold Sweats  (Read 3994 times)

Offline Brian360

• Just livin' it up until the sun goes down.
Cold Sweats
« on: October 19, 2006, 11:24:14 am »
Just wanted to know if anyone was having a problem with daily cold sweats.  I've been experiencing it for the last month and a half and it happens mainly when trying to sleep.  Either for the night or even for a nap.  It started when I was on a combination of Truvada and Kaletra and still going after the doctor swapped the Kaletra for Fosemprenavir.

Of course there is nothing worse then waking up in the Pacific Northwest in a cool house sweating and with damp sheets.  In addition to my frequent urination at night, this little problem affords me no complete sleep at all.

Anyone else experienced this??
July06: Tcells 0, VL >+750,000
Aug06: TCells 22, VL 214,000
Sep06: TCells 32, VL 34,500
Oct06: TCells 92, VL 9,560
Dec06: Tcells 27, VL 25,000
Jan07: Tcells 43, VL - un-detect
Jan10: TCells 111 - popped to 160 fall 09, VL  undectable since Oct. 07

Offline jon

Re: Cold Sweats
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 04:46:33 pm »
cold sweats are very common with HAART therapy.  Try using a fan or sleep in silk P.J.'s.
You'll have to kill Me before I die!!!

Offline tigger2376

• too bad to die youngish!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 09:17:44 am »
I keep baby wipes or sensitive skin cleansing wipes by the bed, just so I can feel fresh after a sweat. Having a bed that doesnt have a solid base helps so that the air can circulate, as well as all natural fbre covers, although they are a bugger to iron! Sweet Dreams x
I know i'm going to enjoy the party in the afterlife, but do you all mind that I'm going to be VERY late!!!

Offline Brian360

• Just livin' it up until the sun goes down.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 11:11:05 am »
Thanks Jon...bizarely enough I've told my doctors the last couple of times about my night sweats but they've never broken it down as the HART therapy being the culprit.  Actually they never responded with anything.  I figured it was some medication I was taking but considering I started out on so many medications it was hard to narrow it down.  WebMD never listed it on any of the other meds I am taking.

Tigger..you must live in a warm climate.  The last thing I would think about doing is wiping down with some fresh wipes.  When the night sweat come a nockin' I just wanna be dry but thank you for your advice.
July06: Tcells 0, VL >+750,000
Aug06: TCells 22, VL 214,000
Sep06: TCells 32, VL 34,500
Oct06: TCells 92, VL 9,560
Dec06: Tcells 27, VL 25,000
Jan07: Tcells 43, VL - un-detect
Jan10: TCells 111 - popped to 160 fall 09, VL  undectable since Oct. 07

Offline fuziwuzi

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 01:11:54 pm »
I keep a small towel on my bedside.  I don't sweat every night but when I do I usually wake up very soon and can wipe my head and chest (the main areas I sweat) so I don't soak my bed linens. 
Never make someone else your whole world when to them you are just an option.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.