Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:39:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773218
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 624
Total: 626

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Random Thread (version 3.0)  (Read 4971 times)

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
Random Thread (version 3.0)
« on: April 24, 2008, 10:17:08 am »
Resuscitate this? First two times were fun...

I do not understand why young writers in Iowa are obsessed with PBR beer. It is awful.

I am becoming strangely obsessed with Victorian theological controversies.

Will the Sex and the City movie be any good?

Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: Random Thread (version 3.0)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 11:52:26 am »
I fear the next President will be a Republican

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 03:12:02 pm »
MORE TOTALLY USELESS FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW

Right Whale Facts

The male Southern Right Whale possesses the largest pair of testes in the animal kingdom. A pair of Right Whale testes can weigh upto a tonne.

Unlike fish, sharks and many other whales, the Southern Right Whale possesses no dorsal fin whatsoever.

The male Southern Right Whale's penis can be up to 2.5 metres (8.2 feet) long.

Southern Right Whales have a "V-shaped" blowhole with spray exiting the vent in 2 streams at an angle of 45 degrees.

Female Right Whales are sexually promiscuous. This is probably related to the fact that females are only able to breed once every 3 years whereas males are able to breed every year. From the male Southern Right Whale's perspective there is always a shortage of breeding females.

When migrating between their feeding and breeding grounds the normal "cruising speed" of a Right Whale is about 4 kilometres per hour (2.5 mph).

The Southern Right Whale's nearest relative is the Northern Right Whale. As the name would suggest the Northern Right Whale lives in the Northern Hemisphere. The Northern Right Whale is extremely endangered with only a few hundred remaining alive. During the last Ice Age ancestral populations of Right Whales moved between the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

Today Northern Right Whales and Southern Right Whales are permanently separated by an 8500 kilometre band of warm tropical water. Scientists now classify these 2 populations of Right Whales as being separate species.
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 07:18:18 pm »
- I don't mind doing laundry but I HATE folding fitted sheets.

- I think it is fundamentally wrong that the first vagina I've seen in 20 years is my mother's.

- When I told my partner there are not many gyms in Asheville he said "Of course not. If you can't wear Birkenstocks they want no part of it."  So true.

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 02:52:58 am »
George Washington was not the first President of the US he was the ninth. 

He also had no middle name.  The next four Presidents also had no middle names.
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 04:06:59 am »
Gosh, people have strange sexual fetishes. (Just sayin')

Three gay men told me, recently, that they would vote for McCain if Obama was the Dem nominee. All three whined about his so-called "arrogance." I was/am horrified.

Brothers & Sisters is back, hallelujah!

I want to play with chimps and orangutans but I'm told I can't. Fuck.

I've bee listening to a remix of "Sweet Caroline" endlessly -- again. It's hypnotic.

Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 04:23:54 am »
1..I want to hug a Silver back.

2..I want a Kune Kune

3..I've threatened hubby with divorce if I don't get a kune Kune for my birthday.

4..I've threatened to disown my kids if I don't get a kune Kune for my birhtday.

5..I want a Kune Kune

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 04:28:44 am by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 07:05:37 am »
syringe drivers are ace

i spent severl minutes in a lift with robert mugabe, c.1986 . he was wearing a woggle, going to a scouting event thing. smeled funny << how random is this

I want to play with chimps and orangutans but I'm told I can't. Fuck.

(i want to hold a marmoset)

welcome back jay  - kate

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 08:01:48 am »

the world wide food shortage is just in time for swimsuit season

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 09:33:26 am »
La plume de ma tante est rouge
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Robert

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 11:20:45 am »
I had to look up Kune Kune.
It would look real nice next to my Pot Bellly.

Ever try to lug around railroad ties all day?  It's not easy.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 11:47:41 am »
La plume de ma tante est rouge

What does this mean?  Am I going to have to google it?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 01:43:46 pm »
I can go all day around the house with no problems. Then go out in public and my waistband insists on rolling down and I have to keep adjusting my pants the whole time I am in the publics eye.
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline hartiepie

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 02:22:55 pm »
Last night I made a lemon cake for my roommate as a good luck gesture because he is running a half-marathon.

That wasn't evil was it?

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 02:29:46 pm »
Last night I made a lemon cake for my roommate as a good luck gesture because he is running a half-marathon.

That wasn't evil was it?

Well you said "good" luck, not "evil" luck so I guess the cake wasn't evil  :D

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 02:30:58 pm »
I also had to look up Kune Kune. For those who lack the desire to look it up its a pig.

I hate monkeys. They bite really hard.  
I've been bit by one that was roughly 20 lbs. No clue what type it was.

Its raining outside and I am in the middle of making banana pudding.

I want to watch The Full Monty again.

I love evil cake.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 03:05:32 pm »
the world wide food shortage is just in time for swimsuit season

You're going to hell for that one! ;)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 04:39:54 pm »
The stimulus checks are coming before the 1st of May because of the food shortage but they insist we don't have a food shortage....Interesting
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 04:57:17 pm »
I grow all my own veggies so if I have too I will turn vegitarian..I refuse to eat anything on my little farm that has a name...or a face.. ;)

Did I mention I want a Kune Kune?

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline bear60

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 05:08:10 pm »
Back Door to Hell (1964)

Jersey: Yeah, we're all gonna die anyway - tomorrow, next week, 30 years from now. Did that little thought ever penetrate your thick skull?
Burnett: Yeah, once when I was a boy, but naturally I dismissed it as being too outrageous.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.