Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:14:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 443
Total: 444

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Could this be the holy grail ?  (Read 369261 times)

Offline veritas

Re: Could this be the holy grail ?
« Reply #250 on: June 05, 2009, 06:17:47 am »

simpleguy,

Both links that you posted have been posted on this thread earlier. Peregrine Pharm. is the only company doing research on anti-ps therapy in conjunction with partners. CHAVI picked anti-ps as a necessary therapy  to be studied in order to develop a vaccine and cure. If you are following anti-ps, you must follow Peregrine. If you can find another company not affiliated with Peregrine that is researching anti-ps please post (there aren't any).

As I stated before, CHAVI will be announcing clinical trils for HIV directly. The combination trial HIV/HEPC that Peregrine is running will give us an indication as to the viability for anti-ps in vivo. The mabs being used are not as powerful as the mabs CHAVI is using for HIV directly. I expect preliminary data to be released for the HEPC/HIV trial as they did for the cancer trials before Sept, when the trial is to conclude. I also expect a paper to be released from CHAVI in the near future with respect to their pre-clinical developmental research on HIV. (Look to "Nature").

I am fully convinced from my own research that anti-ps is the pathway to a breakthrough for this disease.Those are my beliefs and I have tried to back-up my beliefs with the appropriate links. YOU do not have to believe in this therapy. This thread is not required reading.However, there are many readers of this thread who are intrigued by this research as I am. I wonder if even you haven't thought about joining a clinical trial with this therapy. I hope they have one in Denmark.

The research is not on our timeline, unfortunately. If I could influence a faster development I would. So we wait. Read or don't read----it's up to you.

v

Offline simpleguy

« Reply #251 on: June 05, 2009, 06:47:12 am »
veritas,

I respect your enthusiasm and the work you do for posting news about anti-ps in this thread. I believe when I see the results of the research and trials. Until then I will keep my feet on the ground and just follow the news about the anti-ps research.

Cheers!  :)
2008 JUL: Sustiva OCT: Rayataz DEC: Kaletra • 2009 Off meds • 2011 Intelence • 2012+ Complera

Offline veritas

« Reply #252 on: June 05, 2009, 08:59:44 am »

simpleguy,

How's your Latin?

Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt !(LOL)

v

Offline xman

« Reply #253 on: June 05, 2009, 12:53:03 pm »
The research is not on our timeline, unfortunately.

Do you mean that we will unlikely benefit from the results in our lifetime?

Offline freewillie99

« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2009, 01:15:55 pm »

Heh...what a creative interpretation.  Pessimism much?
Beware Romanians bearing strange gifts

Offline mpositive

« Reply #255 on: June 05, 2009, 01:35:17 pm »
blah blah blah blah.....hey, all of you, keep up the great work.  your opinions matter, your links to all this research matters and your comments matter...at to me who does none of this on my own and rely on good folks like yourselves. 
So.....seriously, thanks for all this.....and I mean all of it, the positive and negative is all valuable in it's way.

:)

Offline veritas

« Reply #256 on: June 05, 2009, 02:38:22 pm »

no

v

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #257 on: June 05, 2009, 02:46:04 pm »

Xman: I'm pretty sure what he meant was that, since those of us with HIV have a vested interest in anything that shows promise as a possible cure (functional or otherwise), we'd prefer that these studies move along at a faster clip than they actually do, hence "the research is not on our timeline."

Offline veritas

« Reply #258 on: June 06, 2009, 09:05:29 am »

What are some of the ways cells use PS? ------- more research:

http://jcb.rupress.org/cgi/content/short/185/5/917?rss=1

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #259 on: June 08, 2009, 12:55:59 pm »

PS and the immune system:

ABOUT PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE (PS)
The rapid and disorganized growth that is the hallmark of cancer results in the exposure of the lipid phosphatidylserine (PS) on the surface of tumor blood vessels. Since these phospholipids are typically not exposed on the surface of normal tissues, they represent a unique target for anti-cancer treatments. Bavituximab binds specifically to these phospholipids exposed on the surface of the cells lining tumor blood vessels. Once bound, bavituximab alerts the body's immune system to attack the blood vessels, inhibiting tumor growth and proliferation. In addition, a growing body of evidence supports the active role of PS in immune signaling, with recent research showing that exposed PS can have an immunosuppressive effect and dampen the body's normal immune response to cancer. By binding to and blocking PS, bavituximab is believed to boost the body's ability to combat cancer via this second mechanism. Further information on the role of exposed PS in the tumor environment can be found in the Anti-PS Technical Backgrounder posted on Peregrine's homepage at http://www.peregrineinc.com.

It's Happening!

v

Offline J220

« Reply #260 on: June 08, 2009, 04:37:03 pm »
Hey V. have you seen the PPHM stock lately? Decent gains after the last several positive data releases. Last price today was .83. I went in back in January at .45, so as you can imagine I'm happy so far. I do think (hope) that when the trials are done this is going to go way up, maybe even double digits. That would be something. Of course if it tanks then I'll be SOL, but the data so far looks solid for this to make it to therapeutic use, probably cancer first and then maybe hiv as well. In any case...me? 'll keep buying...maybe this will cure me and also make me some decent money! lol
"Hope is my philosophy
Just needs days in which to be
Love of Life means hope for me
Born on a New Day" - John David

Offline Matts

« Reply #261 on: June 09, 2009, 05:02:41 am »
Hello,

does anybody know if there already some results about the DTRA Research and Bavituximab?

What happened to Human Genom Sciences Mabs, they develepod also some very promising HIV Antibodies like HGS CCr5mab, HGS 101 and others, but now only focus on cancer, anthrax etc. It is the same like Medarex MD101, PD-1, Zenapax, Erbitux, Orthoclone OKT3 and others.
Is HIV so uninteresting compared to cancer, smallpox, HCV or anthrax ?:(

Affitech and Pharmexa have merged to get the leading Antibody company http://www.pharmexa.com/resources/299.pdf
In cooperation with Peregrine and Bavarian Nordic there will be hopefully more new promising vaccines and antibodies against HIV in the future.
Dovato

Offline veritas

« Reply #262 on: June 09, 2009, 07:45:01 am »

Here's what they are doing with HIV:

HIV: PS ligands have potently inhibited HIV from infecting
macrophages in vitro (7), suggesting a possible functional role of
PS in HIV infection. In 2005, researchers discovered that rare
antibodies found in HIV-infected patients that broadly neutralize
multiple strains of HIV share the common feature of binding to PS
and other lipids (10). Data also shows that autoimmune disease
patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) experience a
lower incidence of HIV/AIDS than would be expected in the general
population (11). This may be due to the SLE patients' ability to
produce HIV-neutralizing anti-lipid antibodies more readily than
people with normally functioning B cell tolerance mechanisms (11).
These observations are among the hypotheses underlying
approaches being assessed by Duke University’s NIH-funded
Center for HIV/AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI) which is
collaborating with other academic centers and with scientists at
Peregrine to evaluate the potential of anti-PS antibodies to broadly
neutralize HIV infection. Positive initial results from these studies
were presented at the AIDS Vaccine 2008 conference (12
v

Offline xman

« Reply #263 on: June 09, 2009, 01:12:30 pm »
I got a response from Peregrine:

As you note, bavituximab is in a pilot study in hepatitis C (HCV) patients who are co-infected with HIV.  The focus of this study is on bavituixmab's activity against HCV, with HIV being a secondary endpoint.  The enrollment criteria for this study required by the FDA have hindered the speedy progress of the trial, so while it is proceeding, it is doing so slowly.  Peregrine will report preliminary results when it has a meaningful number of treated patients to discuss.  There are no current plans to conduct trials solely in HIV.

Please direct any further questions to this email address.  Peregrine's clinical staff are responsible for overseeing our eight ongoing clinical trials rather than responding to information requests, which is our job.  Thank you for you consideration.

I sincerely don't know what they mean by saying that HIV is a secondary endpoint. What is sure is that they are not interested in beginning trials only for HIV at the moment. Don't know if this is good or bad news and if we could benefit from this trial.

It seems also that the FDA has put some limitation on the trial.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 01:43:27 pm by xman »

Offline veritas

« Reply #264 on: June 10, 2009, 08:39:59 am »

ASCO believes in anti-ps enough so to award a grant for futher study in lung cancer:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ASCO-Research-Foundation-prnews-15486939.html?.v=1

IT'S HAPPENING !!! (now, if only CHAVI would come through for HIV)

v

Offline J220

« Reply #265 on: June 10, 2009, 03:26:06 pm »
I got a response from Peregrine:

As you note, bavituximab is in a pilot study in hepatitis C (HCV) patients who are co-infected with HIV.  The focus of this study is on bavituixmab's activity against HCV, with HIV being a secondary endpoint.  The enrollment criteria for this study required by the FDA have hindered the speedy progress of the trial, so while it is proceeding, it is doing so slowly.  Peregrine will report preliminary results when it has a meaningful number of treated patients to discuss.  There are no current plans to conduct trials solely in HIV.

Please direct any further questions to this email address.  Peregrine's clinical staff are responsible for overseeing our eight ongoing clinical trials rather than responding to information requests, which is our job.  Thank you for you consideration.

I sincerely don't know what they mean by saying that HIV is a secondary endpoint. What is sure is that they are not interested in beginning trials only for HIV at the moment. Don't know if this is good or bad news and if we could benefit from this trial.

It seems also that the FDA has put some limitation on the trial.

Secondary endpoint means that they will in fact be monitoring the effects of the therapy on HIV pathogenesis. So it's all good. I would consider ourselves lucky that HIV is included in the inclusion criteria.

It's proably a matter of cost of why they went with HCV/HIV coninfection. If you do two different trials, one for HCV alone and one for HIV alone, it's double the cost, time, energy, and red tape by the FDA. So I think it's a perfect solution to do with coninfection.

In terms of Bavituximab's effect on HIV, it will probably make no difference it it's in a coninfection setting. So rest easy, this trial will answer the question of anti-PS therapy wil in fact work in vivo. Fingers crossed!!

p.s. in other news, as I stated before I bought some Peregrine stock...last check, up 11%, to $0.94....go Peregrine!
"Hope is my philosophy

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #266 on: June 10, 2009, 03:36:49 pm »
An article in Bio-Medicine dated March 20,2009 states the following, which sounds promising but wish there were more details:

Dr. Barton Haynes, director of Duke University's Human Vaccine Institute and the Center for HIV/AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI) is currently investigating PS as a potential target for preventing HIV infection. He commented, "Targeting a host cell lipid such as PS as an anti-viral strategy is an intriguing concept that may have relevance for new therapeutic and possibly prophylactic innovations in a number of virus infections."

This is actually the same article that's been reprinted everywhere since November 2008 (and is probably already on this thread). I guess they are "on it.''  **fingers crossed**

LINK:

http://www.bio-medicine.org/biology-technology-1/Nature-Medicine-study-shows-Peregrines-bavituximab-can-cure-lethal-virus-infections-11132-3/
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 03:42:33 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline J220

« Reply #267 on: June 10, 2009, 04:33:10 pm »
I can fully understand the excitement about this therapy candidate.....IF it works it could cure not only HIV, but Hepatitis, even Herpes....! And treat or cure cancer to boot! Man if only this worked.....I think humanity is ready for a lucky break....let this work. The enouraging things is that so far the news from the trials look good so there is cause for optimism.
"Hope is my philosophy

Offline veritas

« Reply #268 on: June 10, 2009, 05:00:40 pm »
I can fully understand the excitement about this therapy candidate.....IF it works it could cure not only HIV, but Hepatitis, even Herpes....! And treat or cure cancer to boot! Man if only this worked.....I think humanity is ready for a lucky break....let this work. The enouraging things is that so far the news from the trials look good so there is cause for optimism.

J220,

Now you understand why I named this thread "Could this be the Holy Grail ?". The results of the cancer trials so far have proven the concept. The preclinicals for retroviruses have been amazing. Both Hepc and HIV are retroviruses. The MOA is the same for all. The therapy does not go after the cancer or the virus directly (resistance is futile).....it goes after the exposed ps on infected cells. It's like shining a big light on the invaders exposing them to your immune system to do it's work. The question is ...Can a strong enough immune response be generated to do the trick? That's what CHAVI is working on.

Time will tell!

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2009, 07:32:37 am »

NIAD likes antibody based vaccines ----- I wonder what antibodies they like?:

http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/news/newsreleases/2009/antibody_hiv_vax.htm

I hope they tell us soon.

v

Offline a2z

« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2009, 08:57:17 pm »
NIAD likes antibody based vaccines ----- I wonder what antibodies they like?:

http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/news/newsreleases/2009/antibody_hiv_vax.htm

I hope they tell us soon.

v

Hot, muscular antibodies with nicely tanned pecs. :)
Dates are blood draw dates:
3/12/15: CD4 941, 36.4%, VL UD
9/4/14: CD4 948, 37.9%, VL 150
5/23/14: CD4 895 --.-% VL UD - Truvada/Isentress
09/21/09: CD4 898 27.0% VL 120 - back on track, same meds.High level enzymes, but less so
06/15/09: CD4 478 21.8% VL 1150 - high liver enzymes... looks like I may not be resistant
05/22/09: Fixed insurance, resumed medicine
04/17/09: Ran out of medicine, could not resolve insurance problems
04/01/09: CD4 773 28% VL 120 - high liver enzymes
12/01/08: CD4 514 23% VL 630
10/17/08 started Reyataz, Norvir and Truvada. -- possibly minor neuropathy, but otherwise okay.
9/10/08: CD4 345 17%, VL > 78K
8/18/08: CD4 312 18%, VL > 60K (considering meds)
12/19/07: CD4 550 28% VL > 100K (no meds yet)
Diagnosed 10/23/07

Offline veritas

« Reply #271 on: June 19, 2009, 04:51:11 am »

a2z,

I see they're a turn -on for you too? (Too much is not enough!) LOL!

v

Offline veritas

Offline a2z

« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2009, 04:21:33 am »
a2z,

I see they're a turn -on for you too? (Too much is not enough!) LOL!

v

I like several types..muscles not necessary.
Dates are blood draw dates:
3/12/15: CD4 941, 36.4%, VL UD
9/4/14: CD4 948, 37.9%, VL 150
5/23/14: CD4 895 --.-% VL UD - Truvada/Isentress
09/21/09: CD4 898 27.0% VL 120 - back on track, same meds.High level enzymes, but less so
06/15/09: CD4 478 21.8% VL 1150 - high liver enzymes... looks like I may not be resistant
05/22/09: Fixed insurance, resumed medicine
04/17/09: Ran out of medicine, could not resolve insurance problems
04/01/09: CD4 773 28% VL 120 - high liver enzymes
12/01/08: CD4 514 23% VL 630
10/17/08 started Reyataz, Norvir and Truvada. -- possibly minor neuropathy, but otherwise okay.
9/10/08: CD4 345 17%, VL > 78K
8/18/08: CD4 312 18%, VL > 60K (considering meds)
12/19/07: CD4 550 28% VL > 100K (no meds yet)
Diagnosed 10/23/07

Offline veritas

« Reply #274 on: June 24, 2009, 08:09:30 am »

Offline xman

« Reply #275 on: June 24, 2009, 06:33:28 pm »
I received a second response from Peregrine a couple of weeks ago:

It is possible that the bavituximab anti-viral program could include further trials in HCV patients co-infected with HIV and potentially in other viruses in the future, but we cannot predict the indications or timing for future trials at this time (while the HCV/ HIV trial is still ongoing).  If these trials are positive, we would expect Peregrine and our shareholders ultimately to benefit.  Thank you for your interest in Peregrine.

I replied them that I'm HIV positive and not interested in the results as an investor and profitmaker but as a patient.

There's a lot of research and clinical studies ongoing but my concern is that most of them are only made with the intent to receive public and private funds without any benefit except for shareholders. This feeling is not due to the response from Peregrine which ignores completely the positive outcome for patients (this should be the most important target) but for all those incouraging news that comes out periodically about a discovery, study or compound which then quickly disappears just in time to receive the right attention for some fundings. If you go back some years you see a lot of this announcements and all are very optimistic. Where are all this products now? Trials never finished or never started. I don't know how many dollars went in those researches but it's another reason to think that most of the time and the huge amount of money get lost for nothing except for the careers of some scientists or the shareholders of those companies.

Offline veritas

« Reply #276 on: June 25, 2009, 08:52:56 am »

xman,

Following research can be extremly frustrating, especially when one has a health problem that could possibly benefit from that research. I'm happy to see that the company answered your inquiry even though it wasn't the answer you wanted to hear. Peregrine is partnered with CHAVI for the development of a vaccine and a cure using anti-ps. Any trials for HIV directly will come from CHAVI, they are doing the HIV research directly. Again, they are not on our timeline------ they want to get it right. I understand your anxiety (and you have only been following this thread for a relatively short period of time). I have been following anti-ps since the late nineties. There were times I thought it would never get to clinical trials for any indication. Well it's finally happening. We have to wait a little longer for HIV directly, but at least they are working on it. Knashing of teeth won't help. Let the research run its' course and in the meantime try to stay as healthy as possible.

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #277 on: June 25, 2009, 08:56:21 am »

CHAVI chugs along:

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090136522

Scoll down to read, for those who are interested.

v

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #278 on: June 25, 2009, 01:29:39 pm »
CHAVI chugs along:

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090136522

Scoll down to read, for those who are interested.

v

Is this patent for anti-ps specifically?

If so: woo-hoo!  ;)

Offline veritas

« Reply #279 on: June 25, 2009, 01:40:24 pm »

Inch,

It SURE IS:

[0004]Haynes et al, Science 308:1878 (2005) recently discovered that three of the rare HIV-1 broadly neutralizing antibodies (2F5, 4E10, 1b12) are polyspecific and bind to self antigens that include the anionic phospholipid, cardiolipin. Interaction of 2F5 and 4E10 mAbs with membrane lipids were also proposed in crystal structure studies that showed that the highly hydrophobic CDR3 regions of both mAbs made little contact with the peptide and were largely free (Ofek et al, J. Virol. 78:10724 (2004), Cardoso et al, Immunity 22:163 (2005)). This raises the possibility that the current vaccines fail to produce such mAbs due to their potential self-reactivity, which is regulated such that autoreactive B cells are normally deleted or tolerized against HIV-1 envelope. The present invention results at least in part, from studies designed to test this hypothesis.

v

Offline brazilianman

« Reply #280 on: July 06, 2009, 08:31:47 pm »
hello, I'm from Brazil and I like the forum on anti-ps is a good theory. I would like to know what the strength of the forum to ask for drug companies on research? much is spoken but not proven. vrx496? pro 140? Anybody know about this? sorry bad English.

Antibody specificities associated with neutralization breadth in plasma from HIV-1 subtype C infected blood donors

Offline veritas

« Reply #281 on: July 07, 2009, 05:24:34 pm »

How will the body fight off a HIV attack when it destroys gut antibody immune cell production?

"Then, if the virus manages to escape that first line of defense, the vaccine would need to be able to educate the immune system to rapidly respond to eliminate transmitted virus strains. It is this continually emerging picture of what happens at the very earliest period after infection that is helping us to understand the job we have to do," Haynes said.

http://www.dukehealth.org/HealthLibrary/News/hiv_1_damages_gut_antibody_producing_immune_cells_within_days_of_infection

It's Happening!

v

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #282 on: July 07, 2009, 06:08:57 pm »
How will the body fight off a HIV attack when it destroys gut antibody immune cell production?

"Then, if the virus manages to escape that first line of defense, the vaccine would need to be able to educate the immune system to rapidly respond to eliminate transmitted virus strains. It is this continually emerging picture of what happens at the very earliest period after infection that is helping us to understand the job we have to do," Haynes said.

http://www.dukehealth.org/HealthLibrary/News/hiv_1_damages_gut_antibody_producing_immune_cells_within_days_of_infection

It's Happening!

v

V: Please bear with me, but I don't understand the connection between the article you cite, and the quote from Haynes and anti-ps (other than in the broadest terms).

Offline veritas

« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2009, 06:26:49 am »

Inch,

How do you "educate" the immune system? Anti-ps antibodies shine the light!

If you want to go in-depth, here's the abstract in full ---- long read----but it's Happening!

http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pmed.1000107

Quiz: Can you connect the therapeutic value of this potential preventative vaccine?

v

Offline brazilianman

« Reply #284 on: July 08, 2009, 07:41:47 am »
veritas,
hello , the pilgrimage already acabou phase I hepatitis c. anybody information? the two applications already have been off the rack. when serα divulged? sorry bad ingles

Offline veritas

« Reply #285 on: July 08, 2009, 09:17:13 am »

brazilianman,

I'm not quite sure what you are asking? But , if your looking for the data from the Hepc/hiv trial---- the trial should be completed around sept. Preliminary data hopefully will be released sooner. However, the trial in progress is using Bavituximab ( an anti-ps mab), it is not the vaccine that CHAVI is working on.

v

Offline brazilianman

« Reply #286 on: July 08, 2009, 09:56:21 am »
from veritas.
sorry. my English is very bad. I speak of the stage of hepatitis C. no hepatitis C / HIV. only hepatitis c. that phase I is over. and they have not shown the reports phase I hepatitis c. I know that this drug is not a vaccine of the CHAVI. but right now if it is a good sign.

Offline veritas

« Reply #287 on: July 08, 2009, 10:12:05 am »

Here you go brazilianman:

Positive Results From Peregrine Pharmaceuticals' Bavituximab Phase l HCV Trial Presented at AASLD Meeting
• Bavituximab Appeared Generally Safe and Well Tolerated at All Doses Tested
• Signs of Anti-viral Activity Seen at All Dose Levels
• Exploratory Analysis of Cytokine Profile Following Treatment Supports Proposed Immunomodulatory Mechanism of Action
http://www.peregrineinc.com/content.php?mi=MTc=&appAction=--PRINT&Id=MTA3MjM3Mg

v

Offline brazilianman

« Reply #288 on: July 08, 2009, 10:18:37 am »
Hello Mr. brazilianman,
Thank you for your inquiry.  At this time our Phase 1 study in co-infected patients is ongoing.  Study results will be reported after the study has been completed.  The results will be reported at the appropriate scientific/medical meeting.
Regards,
Dianne

Dianne Uphoff, RN; CCRA | Sr. Clinical Project Manager

Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
14282 Franklin Avenue - Tustin, California - 92780
Tel: +1.714.508.6031 | Corporate: +1.714.508.6000 | Fax: +1.714.734.1692
duphoff@peregrineinc.com | http://www.peregrineinc.com

Reply  brazilianman:

thanks for the reply mrs. Dianne. I know that the studies with co-infection are in progress. but only for patients with hepatitis C is already complete. so says the pipeline. sorry if I can not express right. my inglesh is very bad

Offline brazilianman

« Reply #289 on: July 08, 2009, 10:48:53 am »
from veritas.
ok. you are right. is happening.

files.shareholder.com/.../PPHM_News_2006_10_30_General.pdf

Offline brazilianman

Offline veritas

« Reply #291 on: July 11, 2009, 05:01:10 am »

Is "Nature Medicine", the most prestigious publication for medical research, about to publish a Focus issue on HIV vaccine research? What will the new research show? Will there be any surprizes?

Stay tuned--------- ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!

http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/vaop/ncurrent/index.html

Enough is Enough---- HIV must be defeated!!!!!

v

Offline Luke

« Reply #292 on: July 11, 2009, 05:24:53 am »
"Nature Medicine", the most prestigious publication for medical research

Excuse me, but in which parallel universe is Nature Medicine "the most prestigious publication for medical research" and more prestigious than The Lancet, The New England Journal of Medicine and the Journal of the American Medical Association?

Just wondering.

Offline veritas

« Reply #293 on: July 11, 2009, 05:31:16 am »

Perhaps you should read it.

But lets not restart 1776.

v

Offline Luke

« Reply #294 on: July 11, 2009, 05:36:14 am »
Perhaps you should read it.

I do, thanks

But lets not restart 1776

It has nothing to do with 1776 .. and you still haven't answered.

Offline veritas

« Reply #295 on: July 11, 2009, 05:42:55 am »

I guess its a matter of opinion ----- please don't clutter this thread with nonsense-- v

Offline Luke

« Reply #296 on: July 11, 2009, 05:45:30 am »
Sweetheart, you cluttered it with nonsense when you made such a banal claim. You obviously made it for a reason and I am simply asking why. The fact that you refuse to answer, and make even more banal comments about 1776, is most revealing. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 05:59:39 am by Luke »

Offline veritas

« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2009, 06:21:11 am »

For those who are not familiar with "Nature " ---- here's a link:

http://www.nature.com/nm/authors/index.html

v

Offline brazilianman

« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2009, 08:42:18 am »
veritas

entered the link. not found. where is it?

Offline veritas

« Reply #299 on: July 11, 2009, 08:46:26 am »

See link for some other Focuses and supplements in "Nature". The last time HIV was in Focus was in 2003.

http://www.nature.com/nm/focsup_index.html

v

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.