Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:29:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 126
Total: 128

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies thread #41 No matter where you go, there you are!  (Read 49914 times)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Re: Ladies thread #41 No matter where you go, there you are!
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2008, 06:21:32 pm »
I cant remember if I read Duma Key. I don't think I have.

The theater thing. I just like bitching about it. Everytime I go it seems to be something. LOL
I think I'm probably over sensitive about behavior in theaters. My parents likely over emphasised how to behave in public with me so now I am freaky about some things.  ;) I know the loud loud talking and yelling at the screen bothers other people too.

I once had a bunch of kids sitting behind me. I had long hair in braids hanging over the back of my chair. Those kids kicked my chair so many times and one used the back of my chair to hoist himself out of his chair and aside from yanking me backward he pulled my hair.

I have a low tolerance for bad behavior in public. I still enjoyed the movie but I like to bitch sometimes.
I've longed many times to smack someones kid and put them in line or tell some adult to shut up or smack them upside the head. I'd never do it of course but there are times where I'd love to kick the crap out of someone talking real loud on their phone or doing something else that annoys me.  :)

I'm sure I do things that annoy other people but I don't notice. Man,  I sound pretty violent LOL I'm really not LOL
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 06:23:34 pm by Winiroo »

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2008, 07:24:59 pm »
hello ladies
well as things turned out my youngest daughter that I have contact with (15) took something without asking so when she got home we had a talk and I took her cell phone for 24 hours she was mad and took off Michael and I drove in our cars looking for her I finally find her but he went and talk to her.she wasn't speaking to me :(  finally they came home her upset about me not being there with her father while she was growing up. I talked to her and explained I have no excuse and you have ever right to hate me but I cant fix the past the only thing I can do is build a relationship with you now based on who we are today. i explained that until a couple years ago I wasn't stable enough to her with me. and that never did I stop loving her. that being with her father was the best place for her I was homeless so much during the time I was away and that was no way to raise a child I was doing what I thought was best by leaving her with her father. I was being the best mother I could by knowing I couldn't care for her at that time and as soon as I was stable enough she came out here with me. she thanked me for being honest with her. things settled down and when Michael and my oldest got back we told them everything was fine so we shagged ass to get ready to go to the drive in and sonic Haley my youngest had never been:) then off to the drive in we saw Journey to the center of the earth, handcock, and hellboy 2, not bad the movies we pretty good the girls were amazed  they had never been to a drive in we had chairs out behind the truck and we just kicked until 3 am when the last movie ended :) then today I made dinner meatloft mashpotatos and corn on the cob for my girls me and Michael and our niece and nephew 4 kids 2 adults wow Michael and I have been together for almost 2 years without kids then day all the kids wow but it was fun then we went to the pool Michael didn't swim because he had to go to work but it was nice being a family... well that's how my last 24 hours have been hope everyone had a great day
Love Brandy
The person you educate today maybe the one you save tomorrow :)

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2008, 12:43:38 am »
up again late..hey ladies..Hope all is well with everyone..just a quick drive by...wheni have a chance to read i posts i will...have a great day gfs//
Live life to the fullest...

Offline mahalia

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2008, 08:47:15 am »
hey ladies, had a gud weekend?

i didn't have a bad one, we discussed my visit to the gynae wit ma boyfy...he still is not settled with it, is also concerned with havin now to deal with wet bedding when it does happen...aah, i don't know i hope we'l come to some sort of arrangement. ist too bad we do not have any sex therapist around, lol.

i think im coming down wit a cold...i've already done  1/4 of the tissue box! went for an interview on thursday and just praying that they give me a call thsi week wit gud news...i so need it. i cant even to get myself multivitamins these days and get proper food its just ridiculous!

Tendai- sorry bout ur boss, i also need a new job, bosses can be a pain the butt at tyms! So did u go meet ur ex? dont shag him, its not worth it if after waiting for a while u get a bad shag, trust me!

Betty- wats ur major?

Mom- sorry bout ur loss hey. glad to hear u r well though and have a bedroom door!!!!about time woman!hahaha, now reali well veri soon and give that man a good time...!

Sunshine- sorry bout the hospital. thats crappy attitude they have, its not proper. but its great wat ur doctor did...oh, my birthady is on the 3rd, Sept...so hubby's is 18th...will make sure to wish my fellow virgo a happy one...

Moon- u love Stephen King?!!!i so dont like him, i love reading but Stephen!thank you but no!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2008, 10:07:06 am »
Fold a big towel and put it under your ass. It will save the bed from getting wet and it will  lift your pelvis in a better position for penetration for him.  ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2008, 10:25:16 am »
Morning ladies,

Cin, I wish you would check in more so we can keep up with each other.  I know you're busy and tired.  I hope you don't have to walk on eggshells too long at your job.  I hate doing that, around anybody.  Sorry about your friend getting fired; especially for no reason.  She should be able to get unemployment though, right?  I mean, since there was really no reason for it to happen.  How are you feeling?

Wendy, I can really relate to being raised to behave in public.  My mum was extremely strict about how we acted while other people were around, either at home or in public.  Things are so much different than when I was a kid.  We didn't have cable, computers or cell phones.  Hell, there wasn't even call waiting or caller ID.  Things were much simpler then and I wish they were still as simple.  Everyone just goes way too fast anymore.

Brandy, I'm glad you all had a good time.

Jamie, I sure wish you'd check in more and let us know how you're doing.  I'm thinking about you.

Mahalia, I'm majoring in psychology.   I'm sorry things are so hard for you right now.  We Americans really are spoiled and I wish everyone had the same chances we do.  I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Mum, I'm sorry; I forgot to wish you my condolences earlier.  I was in a foul mood about the car and sometimes when I'm sitting on the pity-pot the only person I can think about is me.  That's very selfish and I apologize.

Yesterday I did go to my friend's son's graduation openhouse. It was nice.  There weren't that many people there; we had lots of food and I just visited with people.  It's nice to get out of the house sometimes.  Right now it's storming so whether or not I get out today, well, I really won't be in a bad mood if I don't get to.

I think I know where I can borrow a little money to get the car fixed, as long as it doesn't cost that much.  The person I might be able to borrow the money from won't loan me over probably $250.  So, if it's under that, I'll be able to get it fixed.  I called the garage that's worked on it before and asked if they would give me a free estimate.  The guy said no, that it would cost about $49.  Of course, if I can afford to get it fixed, that $49 will be added into the labor for having it fixed.  Keep your fingers, toes, legs and everything else crossed that can be crossed. 

Tomorrow my bff said she would give me a ride to my volunteer job and back home.  And I might get my brother's car Wednesday before I have to be at my volunteer job (hopefully).  If not, they'll just have to get by without me.  I hate to do that since I just started.    Anyway, nothing else going on.  I hope you ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline netta

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2008, 12:20:51 pm »
HI Ladies , just trying to keep up lol, had a nice weekend with the grands and my dd.I did we went to walmart and as we were leaving, we saw a ladie selling puppies out of her truck, so we went to look and i bought a puppie! his name is blue and he is huskie/mut but is so cute! he has blue eyes! and I gave him to my daughter and her family to keep cause they have a house, my son in law reallly likes him and i know he wanted him but didn't have the money that day, hewas only 30.00 and is8 weeks and had his first shots, so i did something spontanious and paid 30.00 for the dog. everyone was happy! except the youngest grand who is a litlle scared of dogs.

MOON- its good to here from u!
BRANDY- my mom is from Clinton , Oklahoma. i lived thera few years when i was very young, Mom says clinton is very bad now no stores and a lot of drugs and crime.
BETTY- I hope u get ur car fixed, if i had the money i would give it to you, My car is in need of repairs also so i am not driving it, i need brakepads.
MUMS- I am glad u got ur door and hope u feel better
SUNSHINE - hope you are feeling better soon.
MAHALIA- don't worry too much about ur boyfriend, uarea pretty women he better get it together!
TENDAI- I hope u don't loose ur job and not worry too much. can u receive a care package?
WINN_- thats a good idea about sending Tendai a care package, maybe we canall chip in around thefirst ofthe month though. i am broke now. lol
BLESSED- take care baby girl.
WISHFUL_ good to hear from u too.
VIVT- good to hear from u too! Well I hope I didn't leave anyone out,

Oh I got some juciy news- The man nextdoor who was going with the 16 yr. old and is a convicted sex affender was in a fight early this morning about 7. am with the mother of the girl he was going with! apparently he dumped the girl and the mother found out he was sleeping with her and hit the roof! (she had to know) she came for her daughters clothes!!! The cops came and they had it out, but he didn't get arrested. I don't know what to say, he told her she never gave a dam about the child and he did this and that for her, he also had two women  come out and take up for him. He has another women now i assume, but he says one is his daughter. hummm?
Well enough gossip. I am suffering from sinus bad and gas! stomach problems i am going to the bathroom at least 3 x a day for a b.m.!Is this normal!
ok  love u all.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 12:30:01 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2008, 04:58:22 pm »
Netta - there is nothing unusual about people with HIV having bowel issues. LOL Especially those of us on meds.

Betty - I hear ya. We never had cable tv but we did have tv. no cell phones. no caller id. If you wanted to know who was calling you'd have to answer the phone. I didnt have a computer until the late 90's.
Unless you count the ones they had prior to internet that where glorified typewriters they did nothing really except if you punched in the right code you could get it to repeat your name a million times on the screen.  ;)

Mum - sorry I missed seeing your Sister in law's Father in law died. I hope he had a long life.

Cindy - good to see you.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2008, 05:02:09 pm »
Oh I forgot to say. I had workmen in my house all day. Billy got new windows for the house.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2008, 06:15:54 pm »
Netta, about your bowel problems.....I'd wonder what your doctor had to say about it if it keeps up.  You might want to try Immodium.  I don't know where your numbers are or what meds you're on.  But I'd keep a watch on it.  About the guy who was going w/ the 16 year old, I'm surprised the cops didn't arrest him. 

Wendy, it must have been fun to have workmen in your home all day.  I probably would have been drooling.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2008, 06:44:35 pm »
Wendy, it must have been fun to have workmen in your home all day.  I probably would have been drooling.
Naa I don't drool over workmen anymore. I didn't even pay attention to whether they where good looking LOL I hate having strange men in the house when i am alone. Fortunately one of them had their 17 year old son helping and for some odd reason with the teenager around I was completely comfortable.
The only thing I was thinking about was cleaning the dust and putting the furniture back when they where done. Oh and its 106 - 107 degrees outside so having no windows in various parts of the house it lets in the heat.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2008, 06:50:45 pm »
Well I'm almost 43 and I still appreciate a good-looking man (or woman).  Even my mum, when she was 79 and having been married 58 years would still make a remark when she saw a good-looking man.  I don't think I would be human if I didn't notice them.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2008, 08:20:26 pm »
Good Afternoon Ladies!

Netta- What a nice gift! I love puppies but I have to stay away otherwise they'll all come home with me! I understand the bowel problems. When I started on meds all of my BMs were loose. I didn't have to go multiple times but when I had to go, I had to go...there was no waiting LOL! It has gotten a little better or maybe I have just gotten used to it...?

Win-Your house is so cute! I need to get new windows...that is next on my list. My mom is Texas right now with her fiance. I asked her about the heat and she said it didn't feel like 107 but I don't know if that is the truth or not. She is in a city called Sachse (spelling?) It is very close to a town called Wylie. From what I understand these are small towns. Ever hear of them?

Betty-I definitely can appreciate a good looking man! Maybe it has to do with being single... ;) I hope the car thing works out.

Well this morning I had my annual PAP-Yippie! I mentioned before how my gyn was surprised when I told her my status. Well today she came in and wanted to know how I was doing. She told me that I humbled her. It made her really think about to approach patients with multiple infections who maybe didn't fit the "profile". She said she has though about mentioning getting tested to those who have lots of infections (yeast, etc.) but wonders if will offend them and so on. I guess I never really thought about it from a doctor's perspective. I told her that things are different now and there really shouldn't be a "type". Anyways...it was a nice conversation. I did forget to mention before that I got my test results back last week and they were really good. It has been 15 months since my diagnosis and since I started Atripla. My t-cell count was 15 in May of 2007. As of last week it is 692.  :) I never thought I would be in the normal range. Oh, and I am still undetectable. Now if only I could lose the weight I have gained....

Onto a different topic...I went in to my classroom today to start getting it ready. What a pain! The kids don't come back till the 27th but next week I have a Language Arts training and then we have nothing but meetings so this week is all I have. It is always exciting to start over again  :)

Anyways...that's all for now. Talk to you wonderful ladies later!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2008, 08:57:56 pm »
Holy cow you deserve a big ole congratulations on your Tcell count getting so high so quick.
Congratulations Gal!

Sachse and Wylie are about 15 miles from where I live according to mapquest. I know I have been to the towns next to it but I don't know if I have actually been in those cities or driven through them. There are tons of small towns here. LOL  I am more failure with the ones west of where I live and those are east of where I live.

Windows are not in my budget but Billy managed somehow. LOL  I've been here 5 years he has lived here 10 years.

I notice hunka hunka men when they aren't in my house LOL
You can add that to the list of my numerous oddities. I am very uncomfortable with strange men in my home. It gives me anxiety and makes me feel vulnerable in a bad way.

I am a butt watcher. I look at the women too. I just don't want one.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2008, 09:39:14 pm »
Oh, my sweet ladies, I am finally here!  #6 had her 12th hearing test today and it showed the same thing that it always does (duh!)  BUT, now the audiologist changed her tune and won't aide her.  But, she sending me copies of all her hearing tests, her ABR, and a detailed report.  I'm going to take them to another audiologist for a 2nd opinion.

Wendy, great windows.  We seriously need new windows, but the estimate we got last year just about gave me a heart attack.  So, it's on our list, right after "collect our inheritance from the rich uncle we never knew we had."  I'm like you, too, in that I don't like strange men in my house.  I won't let workmen come unless Hubby is home or my dad can come over.  I just don't like folks to know when I'm home alone (with the kids).

Betty, hun, no apology necessary.  I perfectly understand the stress you are going through and how difficult things are right now.  I just wish there was something I could do to help.  I'm glad you had fun at your picnic, even if you didn't get to mingle much.  Here's to much easier times around the corner.

Netta, good to hear from you, babe!  Sounds like you made your daughter and grands entire year with the puppy. 

Andrea, I can't believe that summer is just about over.  Sounds to me like you didn't get much "free" time away from school.  Where has the time gone?  And, congrats on those t-cells!

From the looks of things in the Living With thread, Miss Mini just might have a little (younger) boyfriend..LOL.  They even have the same birthday!

Have a great evening my huns, and i hope to talk to you all in the morning.

Mum :-*
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2008, 10:20:17 pm »
Oh wow, that is a coincidence the same birthday. He is a cute boy. I hope to see his mommy post here.

Billy got a great deal on the windows. He shopped around and got lots of people to bid and show their windows to him. Windows for the entire house was less than 4200.00
And they finished in one day and they didn't make much of a mess at all. Just a little dust.
The house was built in 1959 and all the windows where original except one. They where aluminum framed and the front ones rattled when you closed the front door. They even rattled when the radio was up loud. LOL
We will see if it helps with the electric bill. We've been slowly but surely trying to do things to the house to make it more energy efficient. Our last electric bill was 400 and something the one before that was 500 something. We just cant afford those kind of electric bills.
We changed service providers so that should help too. The last company was charging way too much per kilowatt hour. They jacked up the price to twice the rate a couple of months ago. I think I posted about that when it happened.

My son has two job offers now. One working in the kitchen of a retirement village and one as a salesperson for a store that sells furnishings and appliances for the home. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he can take good care of himself and keep his mouth in check.  ;D
I'm just pleased as punch that he actually found someone who wanted to hire him. Two someones. ;D

I hope you ladies have a great evening and thanks for being there for me.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2008, 07:08:55 am »
Morning ladies,

Andrea, wow!  Congratulations on the big CD4 jump.  That's great!   I didn't know teachers really have so little time off.  I thought they had like the whole summer to themselves.  It sure doesn't sound that way with your schedule.  I hope you fully enjoy this last week you get.

Wendy, that's really great about your son's job offers.  Does he have a problem being mouthy?  Well, hope for the best.  I've never had a $400 electric bill.  If I had one that high, I'd probably faint.

Mum, good luck with the 2nd audiologist.  I don't blame you for wanting to get a 2nd opinion.  I hope the new "mom" posts here so we can get to know her (and her son). 

I'm up kind of early today.  My cat jumped on my bed around 6:00 this morning and started meowing really loud.  She does that almost every morning.  This morning I just got up.  I was up a little late last night-we had some horrible storms and we're supposed to have more today.  In Chicago, they had to evacuate Wrigley Field during a Cub's game because of the tornado warnings. 

My best friend is picking me up a little later and taking me to my volunteer job.  Hopefully I'll be able to get my car back today.  That is, if my brother remembers.  He probably will.  Other than that, nothing else going on.  I hope you ladies all have a good morning.

Offline minismom

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2008, 09:08:17 am »
Good muggy, rainy, mountain morning that's giving way to a MUCH cooler rest of the week (70 by the weekend - can I get a YEAH!!).

Betty, I'm glad you're getting your car back.  That's got to take a load off your shoulders.  Have a great time at work today.

Winn, good luck on the job prospects for your son.  It sounds like he's moving in the right direction.  Hubby's brother finally decided to get his life together last year - of course he's 47.  How's that for encouraging? :P

I woke up this morning with a nasty sinus headache.  The weather has been crazy, so it's no wonder the kids (and I) all have snotty noses and stuffy heads.  My diflucan came in yesterday and I took my 1st dose.  I have to take 1 150mg pill a day for 8 days.  I hope this gets rid of it once and for ALL!  Last night was my last practice in the old dance studio.  Hubby and some other men are moving out stuff in the new studio (it used to be a home ec room) on Saturday.  Then, on the 26th, we'll go move everything from the old studio to the new mold-free one.

I planned on finishing the laundry, but with the rain, It'll have to wait until tomorrow so I can hang it out.  It's getting up to 87 with 100% humidity so i don't want to run the drier.  It's worth the extra load to just wait it out and not heat up the house.  So, I'll spend the day on my sewing maching.  I found some free patterns for wrap-around skirts that I'm going to make.

That's my exciting day.  Everyone stay safe and well.

www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2008, 11:06:52 am »
Does he have a problem being mouthy? 

He's just a typical teenaged boy who thinks he knows everything. LOL
He has a good self esteem and has never been afraid to tell it like he sees it. Sometimes he is right but most people know its better to keep your mouth shut sometimes. He knows it, he just doesn't care.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2008, 10:26:15 pm »
Sweet dreams to everyone tonight.  I am seriously going to read this thread over the weekend and catch up.  Then you all will be pissed cause I'll have a post 3 feet long!   ;D  Allergies are killing me = "Weed Wacker's Revenge" from last weekend in the yard, ugh!

Kisses,

Cindy

P.S, - Cross-training is SO easy at work.  They have to keep me, they NEED me, lol.  ;)
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2008, 12:56:03 am »
hello ladies
well I didn't get on much today I logged in then had to go forgot I was logged on oops :) anyways I worked a 11 hour shift today not much else is going on my youngest daughter Haley goes back home tomorrow actually today so I'm kind of sad she wants to come live out here but her dad isn't likely to let her but he has agreed to let my other daughter Darrelynn whose 16 come out next summer she didn't come this summer because she said she wanted her own time with me!! anyhow I'm off to bed good night
Brandy

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2008, 04:59:55 am »
Hello ladies,

I am back in the Netherlands after a long sleepless night and half day of traveling. It shouldnt be so long but flight prices are so high I had to take a connecting flight.

I just read the whole thread but seriously there is so much going on that I know I missed stuff.

Tendai - Im so sorry about the job esp with it not being your fault but I do hope you can somehow work things out, not cos I think dr Evil is a good employer but its still some stability although Im glad when you say you can get another job. How are you girl? sending you a big hug from here and sorry I wasnt in touch lately b/c of running around catching up on my home visit.

Jamie - I did write you a few times not just hi but that was a while back maybe in the previous thread. Sometimes its like there is a mirror that shows me how random and irrational my behaviour towards certain ppl can be and its always the ones I am closest too but I need to be quiet and introspect to see that but most times i am more frantic than obeservant. I hope you work things out.

Betty - when you say have a car back youre talking about your bro's right? is it maybe possible to work out something with a garage so you will pay in installments? cars are expensive to fix and one of the reasons I dont have one is I cant forsee affording that either. But, I can bike and I know in the US having one is essntial. I do hope something works out. Its nice that you can take your mind off though by still going to meeting and stuff. Shit, life's just tough.

Sunshine, speaking of... I hope all your infections clear its a nightmare dealing with multiple ones at once. Kudos to you for keeping on working and taking care of everything family as well.

Netta - feel better soon, so many people here are experiencing health problems. This virus is so individual isnt it its like each of us has a different disease with some things in common but its still hits everyone is differently. Sound like your sex offender neighbour is crazy.

Wendy - hope you feel better soon and can goof off with minimal effort  ;D. I also dont like strange men in my house Im not worried about them doing anything on the job cos that would get them in a lot of trouble but I always fear they are scoring the place to come back later. Bit paranoid I know, now that i dont live alone it doesnt bother me so much.

Andrea congrats on your Ts thats an astounding jump. I started off higher than you at <80 and I am still hovering around 300, its like Im in a rut and I have been treated 1.5 years longer than you. Im not complaining cos I have it OK touch wood. its incredible how responsive you are to treatment!

Mahalia - he will have to get used to it like it or not its part of who you are & you cant change it on top of being normal. most men would love that anyway it doesnt have to happen every time so he should chill.

Mom hope you feel better and enjoy that door!

Cindy nice to read you and missing your longer posts, good luck with the kids - you're there to stay!

Brandy its nice to meet you & interesting to read your posts, Im sure youll do lots of good at your hospital.

Paulette welcome back, your such a strong woman and Im sure if your husband could see you he would be so proud.

Snow, Ive been missing your posts and hope things are better at home.

Keeping sorry the $ goes in and out... hope it goes in and stays in next time.

hugs and greetings to Cristy, Queen, Jshort, Latifah, and anyone I failed to mention.

I have to go to work, the pharmacy, my social worker and the bank and housing foundation. Its 11.00 & Im sitting here in my undies being repeatedly stung by an invisible mosquito. I'll be a bit insane in the upcoming weeks with work and hopefully chill by mid sep. I hope I dont get too overwhelmed. I'll try to check in but I wanted to write something before the whirlpool of work sucks me under so as not to disappear for very long.

Lots of love,

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2008, 09:52:00 am »
Morning ladies,

Mum, how are your sinuses?  Any better?  I remember when I took home ec. when I was in high school.  I made a wrap-around skirt that was really half-ass.  I just don't have the patience for sewing, but I suppose that would be a nice way to pass time.  And I understand with your brood, it's probably cheaper than buying new clothes all the time.

Wendy, yeah.  My daughter is the same way.  She will speak her mind when sometimes she should keep her mouth quiet.  But, that's alright.  I'd rather have her that way than to get run-over all the time.

Cin-good to see you stop by.

Drag, good to hear from you as well.  How was your vacation?  Anyway, when I say "get the car back," I was talking about getting mine back yesterday.   It is hard where I live to try to do things like shopping and laundry without a car.  The only way I could have done it would be to take a cab, and that is really expensive.  How much longer before you tie the knot?

My friend picked me up from my volunteer job yesterday, we came back to my place, my brother met me, and we went to get my car.  When I began driving it, it took me a minute because the gear shift is so tight.  It hasn't been like that in about 3 or 4 months.  I'm so thankful.  Believe me, when I first took the car to the garage, I was doing some praying that it wouldn't be major.

Yesterday at the Hope (the place I volunteer at) I learned there had been two people kicked out.  One of them came to get the rest of his stuff, and he was intoxicated.  He wasn't beligerant or anything, so I got someone to take him back to where his room was so he could get his stuff.  He walks with a cane and he was so drunk his legs kept crossing.  He's a sweetheart though, and one of the first residents who introduced himself to me when I started there.  He's probably in his late 50's.  There are some people who just won't ever get it; I wish he was one who did.  And maybe he will.  As long as someone's above ground, I think there's hope.   So, I leave in about an hour to go to the Hope.  I really like the people there.  The residents and the people who work there. 

I want to go to the library today and get another book.  The last one I read was by Ray Manzarek, the Door's keyboardist.  It was pretty interesting.  He said the movie "The Doors" by Oliver Stone was very inaccurate.  I like to read about bands, as long as the book was written by someone actually in the band and not just a fan.    I also have an appointment at my ASO with my care coordinator when I get done at the Hope.   Just routine paperwork stuff.  Other than that, nothing else going on.  I hope you ladies have a good day.

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2008, 10:27:12 am »
good morning ladies
Im off to work Im pretty luck I work for a company as a tech agent but I get to work for home so when I say Im off to work its really just me going to the other side of the room to the computer and head set so I can take calls and fix peoples tvs lol and ways Im off will check in later
Love Brandy

Offline minismom

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2008, 08:27:11 pm »
Good evening ladies. 

Betty, my sinuses are still aching.  We had really high humidity and more rain this morning.  By this afternoon, it was sunny and breezy with lower humidity.  I'm glad because I got ALL the laundry washed, hung out, taken down, and folded - well, there's still 1 more load out there drying.  So, my mountain is gone.  It sounds like you're having a really good time at Hope and the work you are doing goes right along with the degree you are persuing.  I also know it takes a big heart and stiff spine.  Sometimes I want to take our clients by the scruff of their collars, shake 'em a bit and yell some sense into them.  As we both know, that just doesn't work. (but thinking about it eases the stress :P)

I learned to sew, crochet, and cross-stitch from my mom.  I'm FAR from what I'd call a seamstress, but I can get by with easy stuff.  I bought Mini a little sewing machine last year that she's getting for her birthday this year.  She's been learning to cut out patterns, and sew in a straight line.  I was hoping she'd get far enough to make a skirt for AMG, but we've run out of time.  So, I made one for her. 

I read a very interesting article about a group of surfer dudes from California who learned how to crochet in highschool.  They started making beanies and selling them at their school.  Now, they've graduated from college and started a non-profit called Krochet Kids (Krochetkids.org).  They go into under-developed nations (primarily in Africa - Uganda) and teach women how to crochet goods.  Then, they take the items back to the states, and put them on their website to sell. 100% of the money made goes to the woman who made it.  How cool is that??  Now, my boys want to learn.

Brandy, that sounds like a really cool job.  We work mostly from home and love it.  Do you get paid by the call, or by the hour, or salary?  Hubby's actually thought about being a tech for Dell and HP. 

Drag, when do we get to see pictures of you in your wedding dress?  I bet you are beautiful!  Glad you had a nice time with your family and a safe journey home.  When is Mr. Drag due home from his vacation? 

Cindy, thanks for checking in, sweetie!  You are certainly missed.  Does cross-training mean you're being trained to use a typewriter AND a computer?  ;)

Starting today through Sunday, a group from Florida who breeds and raises exotic animals and endangered big cats has set up shop in our podunky town.  We took the kids and met my mom down there.  It was free to go through the zoo part, but $$ to ride the animals.  Our 2 youngest boys and my mom all rode the camel.  Mini was set to, but then chickened out.  It was over 7ft tall at the hump and was considered small.  The other kids rode the ponies.  They got to feed monkies, a white tiger, a black panther, an albino python (not feed it, it was in the process of digesting a rabbit -  :o), baby kangaroos, and all types of other animals.  For $12 all 8 of us could've held baby lions and had our picture done.  It was a really nice set up and not bad for free.

Tomorrow we're off to the grocery store for food, meds, and the last of the "stuff" Mini and I need for our trip next week.  I think I'm getting a bit more excited, but I'm still very nervous.  We'll leave for the airport hotel in Pittsburgh Tuesday night.  Our plane leaves at 5:55am and the hotel shuttle doesn't start until 6.  Hubby's coming with us to make sure we get safely to the hotel, to the airport on time, and will be able to stay with us until we go through security.  Then, Hubby and the other kids will ALL come to pick us up.  Next week I've got to make and freeze meals for their suppers.

Alrighty, that's all I've got for now (and aren't you glad..lol).  Everyone have a great hump-day.

edited to add: Mini just lost 1 of her front teeth!  I hope she has a new tooth before next week.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 08:38:01 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2008, 08:48:31 pm »
Evening ladies,

Not much action in here.  Where are all the posters?

Mum, seeing, feeding, riding and holding all those different animals sounds very cool.  I would love to do that.  Maybe your sinuses will clear in Mexico City. 

Today was just another day at the Hope.  After lunch was served, some guy laid down outside the front of the building with his arms outstretched.  I went out and tried to get him up and moving, but he wasn't having it.  So I got the guy who's kind of in charge of that kind of thing.  He (guy in charge) got the guy up, but he wouldn't go away.  He was highly intoxicated.  So, I ended up having to call the police. 

Other than that, I didn't do anything exciting.  I hope the ladies reading this have a nice evening.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2008, 02:52:40 am »
morning ladies,

its 08:30 this side of the world.

And in Zimbabwe, which is worlds apart but keeps the same time (((((((((Tendai))))))))))

Wini, I forgot to tell you but I really loved the title of this thread.

Brandy I read about your guy in another thread he sounds awsome!

Betty, well, Im really glad and releived you could get your car fixed. I know how essential cars are in America, we've had a lecture here on how Florida tries to keep all its senior drivers on the road. These arent people without funds for cars, rather, they're too old for driving, yet there is no alternative as public transport's virtually inexistent. Ironically the state spends millions on research and equipment for them when setting up some bus routes would be so much cheaper. But we can't change the world so Im glad you have a car running and can quit talking about dropping school... btw how's it going with the (non)smoking? Hope well!

Mum, I have to say I have mixed feelings, glad for the kids who had a good time but though it might look cute on the outside but I have done some stuff related with travelling zoos and circuses its a sad sad thing. But when i was a kid I used to love it as I was unaware and neither were my folks. Sorry to be a party pooper cos I am glad for your kids but I had to say that.

Mr Drag picked me up at the station. It wasnt such a stretch as it's 100 meters from our place  :P. He has been as warm and strong and funny as I rememberd (gush).

My wedding is on the last week of Oct. I havent brought the dress with me, my mom will take it when she flies to save it some "air miles". I dont want to try it on again, until "the night". Im superstitious that way... for the actual wedding ceremony/civil wedding in Gibraltar [which is a small British enclave in Spain], I will not wear it but just a skirt and some top, but for the big celebration in Spain I have to make some kind of grand entrance leaning on my dad. The Spanish really do things by a protocol at least in that part of Spain. Yikes! My BF asked if I would like the whole thing to be filmed. I think I'd be so nervous "performing" like that that a guy hovering by with a camera would freak me out even more. On the other hand, one day I'd like to show something to the grandkids. or just bore all my friends to death with footage of third cousins of my husband eating  :P

In Jan there will be a wedding party where Im from but really just a lunch without any ceremony or anything. It will be small cos my relatives are few and friends fewer (10 including partners). Now we're thinking of getting married here, too. It will be the 4th wedding and to be honest I think I'll be well "wed out" by the 2nd but thing is registering a foriegn wedding here is expensive and time consuming (have to travel to the capital, pay for notarary, have special documents) whereas with the documents we already have we can get married in this town for free. Is that crazy or what. I'll focus on the first 2 weddings for now.

Mom, isn't it almost time for you to go to Mexico? Im hoping to have a honeymoon there if work permits with all the time off I take for getting married and if i can afford it with flight prices having almost doubled since the spring. We will be in Spain for xmas and new year so thats a good hub for latin american flights. And then we'll 'fly to my parents for the wedding lunch. It all sounds so jet set, but really is more about scrounging for charter flights...

I have a feeling I forgot to say something to somebody. It'll probabaly pop up randomly during the day.

Oh yeah, something kind of funny. went to pharmacy yetsreday to pick up a stash of drugs for 3 months, and b/c I'm on 4 HIV meds and Carnitine which comes in a large box, I got a hug package that was put in a giant bag, I didnt even know the pharmacy had that, it was like a shopping bag for christmas sales. So everyone's already staring and then the (very nervous) pharmacist says to me that they have become a "HIV pharmacy" meaning they specialize in us and she wants to set up an appointment  with me to discuss (I dont know what exactly). So Im bartering for the time cos I dont want to miss more work and meanwhile I notice that a scabbed mosquito bit on my wrist has started bleeding, she doesnt notice and I wipe it off with my other hand and it gets smeared with blood and there's quite a lot of it even though it was just a tiny thing. Finally I ask her for a tissue and apologize and then she sees my right arm and left hand all bloody and some stains on the counter, which I try to wipe off but its kind of textured so they just go in deeper. She was like "dont worry I'll get alcohol to clean it" and I was stopping the bleeding with the tissue but I could  see her horror. So yeah kind of sad but it was also funny. A Positive Bridget Jones moment.

have to go - typing here for 40 minutes!!
Hugs to all you ladies, if you want them of course  ;)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 03:06:04 am by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2008, 06:52:04 am »
Morning ladies,

Drag, it sounds like you're going to be doing a lot of traveling.  That's a lot of weddings.  Do you really have to have that many?  Or is it something you and your fiance want?   Oh, I'm still not smoking.  This will be two weeks and three days.   

I read something very disturbing in the newspaper yesterday.  In our state capital, Indianapolis, a toddler died from a severe head injury (given to him by the mother).  Now, that's not the most disturbing part.  Previous to the head injury, the child (a little less than 2) tested positive for meth.  And CPS let the toddler go back to his mother and her boyfriend.  It's the third toddler death in like a year in Indy where CPS has let the kids go back to their homes.  Unbelievable.   Our governor gave the state money at the beginning of the year to hire a bunch more CPS workers, and those workers are proving to not be worth a hill of beans. 

Today I'm going to clean this morning and do laundry this afternoon after my therapist comes over.  I think later I'm going to go to the library to get a book and maybe a movie or two.  Other than that, nothing else going on.  I hope you ladies have a good day.

Offline mahalia

« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2008, 10:35:24 am »
hello ladies...

Win- thanx 4 the advice, towel should do just fine. Congrats on ur son's offers, must be a great relieve and joy for you....

Betty- u love ur course,i took one course in psychology when doing ma undergrad. twas ok, but just not for me...

Netta- u feeling any better?

Viv- wow ur counts shot up that fast!!!congrats, i envy u. Oh well i wish i could gain back ma weight!its such a struggle...ma clothes dont fit as well as b4, and summer will be here veri soon plus i got these terrible spots after i had Steven Johnson's Syndrome(reaction to viramune), its terribly frustrating! no tank tops, bare backs...oh ma summer dresses!!!!

Mom- please do get well hey...

Dragon- wow u getting married?the 4th tym?now thats a feat, lets believe that this is the last and it shall be a beautiful one ok...

I'll be knocking off in a few mins and just cant wait to get home. i have terrible pp's. i need a gud rest. I hope i wont find ma mum in one of her foul moods...ma mom can be a pain at tyms. i have actually decided that i will be moving out as soon as i get a better job and I'll just help her staying in ma own little shack that will a accord me some peace of mind! I managed to post ma CV to 2places today, hope something comes up or these guys I interviewed with call with some reli gud news!

Have a great evening ladies, loads of love...

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2008, 11:08:39 am »
Hey Ladies,

Just deceided to drop in a few lines. Lately I have been lurking. Nothing much going on exciting in my life at the moment. DH is still wonderful to me. Our children started school today. My boys were up at like 430 excited to go back. give them two weeks and they will be crying not to go.

I hope to be getting a part time job soon. God knows I need it. They way our light bills are running is ridiculous. Mines was 308 I almost had a heart attack. It came up from 146. Thats a double bill.

Betty- Congrats on not smoking.

Drag- Congrats on the wedding

Mum - I hope you feel better

To all my others Ladies, a big shout out to you.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2008, 05:45:50 pm »
Good afternoon all!

Betty-Your volunteer job is anything but boring! It seems like there is something always going on. Have you ever consider getting a job as a counselor or something? You would probably be really good at it. You are a good listener and don't pass judgement. That story is so sad! I just don't understand how someone can hurt children or animals. I get so emotional about that stuff so most of the time I just have to avoid it. There are people who should have their children taken away.

Keeping-Hi! When you say light bill do you mean electric? That sure is high! Last month mine was $43 and that was double from the month before. Since I got my new air conditioner I run it much more. I am afraid of what this month's bill will be. Are your kids on a year round schedule?

Mahalia-I'm kind of surprised how fast my counts went up too. They sure went down fast though...Where are you from?

Drag-Wow! That's a lot of weddings! Did you plan on that? Are you getting excited?

Well not much happening. I have been working on getting my class ready and that's it. I had to have an x-ray on Tuesday so the doctor could check my lungs. I have been weezing and coughing for a while and it is really annoying. I haven't heard anything yet. The doctor prescribed me an inhaler but I did not get it filled yet. I don't want to pay for it and find out I don't need it. That's all...I'm tired today and want to take a nap...I wish.... :)

Talk to you all soon!
Andrea

Offline minismom

« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2008, 09:29:42 pm »
Mahalia, Drag isn't getting married for the 4th time, she's actually having 4 weddings (all to the same guy) because of the vast expanse of their families. 

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline mahalia

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2008, 03:20:26 am »
Mom- Oh! now i get it, oryt. hmm, thats a lot, 4! Hope it don't drain them financially...and how's Mini?

Viv- m from Botswana, its in Southern Africa

I'll be trying to push  ma work today, ma boss is not in; i get a lot done when she's not here! the woman is a talker!lol...

have a brilliant day ladies...

tendai

« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2008, 07:34:20 am »
hie ladies

gotta be quick im in an internet cafe.  i didnt get fired after all, phew. when he came in my boss was quite calm and i told him my side of the story and he just said u should have told me.  he wants to know every single detail about everything, then forgets about it anyway most times. anyway he went to a conference and we\ll be back at work on the 13th. 
andrea your counts great, the meds are really working for you 
snow your necklace gave me luck today.  all the banking i had to do went so smoothly today.  the ATM was working fine and didnt give me bullshit about there being no money in my account.
and guess what, people are changing money in here like nothing ive ever seen.  the wonders of internet banking. u just give them your account details and they transfer money into your account and u give them the forex and thats it. not even five minutes! of course u\ll have problems getting the money out the bank yourself since there are limits and all.
gotta go now, times almost up
i hope everyone's well, i'll catch up with u on wednesday! :-*

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2008, 07:50:44 am »
Morning ladies,

Mahlia, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get another job and can get your own place.  There would have been no way I could have lived with my parents (when they were alive) and stayed sane.   Good luck.

Keeping, good to hear from you.  Wow, your light bill is really high! (I'm assuming you're talking about your electric bill).  I can't believe your kids are back in school already.  The public schools start here Monday.  My grandkids go to a Montessori school and they start a week from Monday.

Andrea, I hope it's nothing serious with your lungs.  Yeah, I've thought about being a counselor.  If I wanted to do something like that though, I'd probably have to go onto get my master's and I don't think I want to do that. 

Tendai, I'm so glad you didn't lose your job.  You sure wouldn't have needed that with the dire straits Zimbabwe is in.

Mum, are you packed?

I have to leave in about 15 minutes for a dr.'s appointment.  Nothing serious.  It's just that every night I get up about every 2 hours to pee.  Even when my sugar is normal.  I'm not sure what is causing that.  I'm trying to limit how much I drink about 4 hours before bed.  It's very frustrating.   Anyway, when I'm done at the dr.'s I want to go to the library and the store.  This afternoon I might take myself to see "The Dark Knight."  I really want to see it, and I think a matinee would be cheaper and less crowded than an evening showing.  Other than that, nothing else going on.  I'm sure I'll be back at some point.  You ladies have a good morning.

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2008, 12:49:31 pm »
good Morning ladies
sorry I didn't get on yesterday! :( I took my daughter to the airport on wed night to go back to her dads and Ive been Little sad ever since. its been really quite around here too. well today I have to go to the office I have to take my work computer in for a memory upgrade :( I get so used to working at home I hate it I have to go in :( my day is already bad I woke up NO COFFEE "YICKS" and no smokes Ive quit like 3 times this year I can stay quit for about 3 months then bam I start again my boyfriend quit in may of last year and hasn't pick up another one since. I tell you ladies I swear it was easier to get off drugs then smoking. my doctor is always on me  my boyfriend is always on me I know they care!!! anyhow its just a rough day :)anyhow I started calling our group the virally enhanced sisterhood :) I'm weird I know I was telling my daughter I needed to get on and she asked who I was writing to I told to my sisterhood and she said what... I told her the virally enhance sisterhood she looked at me funny so I explained the our disease has viral loads and although most of us are undetectable our bodies are charged/lives are changed because of it and I just started thinking of it that. why she started laughing and told me she loved me!!! she always does that when she thinks I'm weird lol well try to get on tonight. 
Love Brandy

Offline minismom

« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2008, 12:53:27 pm »
Well, ladies, I found myself back at the doc's office today.  Looks like I've gone and gotten a sinus infection.  The good news is that my lungs, while still getting clogged up, are now showing that the invader has left.  But, for now, I'm on Diflucan, an antibiotic for 7 days, a massive inhaler, and 12 days of Prednisone.  The doc was nice enough to give me the antibiotics (saved me about $100), then on the back of the inhaler rx was a sticker for the pharmacy to give it to me free, so all i had to pay was $5 for the prednisone.  Good gravy, I was one greatful honey.

Betty, I won't pack until Monday night or Tuesday morning.  My wardrobe is limited and i can't sit around in my undies until we leave ;)  I have my final list made and all the "extra" stuff bought.  We'll only take 1 carryon and 1 purse / backpack each - no checked baggage.  The hotel has free laundry service if we need it, but we'll be fine.  I'm getting a wee bit more excited.  Right now, I just want to feel better.  Mini, #5, and I are dancing tomorrow and Sunday in downtown Clarksburg.  I was worried about the temps, but today teh high is 72, tomorrow 75, and the same for Sunday.  So, it will be nice for outside dancing.

Ok, that's about all I've got in me right now.  I need to go lay down and let the meds kick in before Hubby leaves to see clients.

Much love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2008, 08:35:41 pm »
Evening ladies,

Wow, it's really getting sparse around here.  Where's Snow and Wish I wonder?  I think Queen won't be on until next month, not sure.

Brandy, I know cigarettes are harder to quit than drugs.  It was much easier to kick h, booze, and pills than smokes.  I quit almost 2 weeks ago, using Chantix.  That makes it easier.

Mum, I'm glad your lungs will start clearing.  Now, get over that sinus infection!  You can't be sick in M.C.  I want you and Mini to have a great time.  Will you be taking a laptop with you to check in with us?

Today I went to my doctor.  He gave me the lab papers and also an order for a chest x-ray.  He said it's just routine (there's nothing wrong with my lungs right now; well no infection anyway).  He's going to do a urine, but he said he'll most likely put me on Detrol for the urgency.  Great, another pill.  I already take like 12 or 13 in the morning, two at noon, five in the evening, and five before bed.  My liver is probably getting clogged.

I also went to see The Dark Knight this afternoon. I went with just myself.  Wow, what a movie.  I can't recommend it highly enough.  Heath Ledger is just phenomenal.  I would gladly see it again.  Other than that, nothing else going on. I know the opening cermonies to the Olympics are on right now.  I've really got a problem watching them because I'm not happy at all about China's human rights record; especially with the Dhali Llama and the other Buddhist monks; and the Teneman (sp) Square slaughter.  Well, you ladies have a good evening.

Edited to add:  If any of you ladies can remember (not that you're responsible for it) if it's been almost 2 or 3 weeks since I quit smoking and can tell me, it'd be much appreciated.  Thanks ahead of time.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 08:55:40 pm by Bettytacy »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2008, 09:08:30 pm »
Hey ladies. Just a short note. I'm not feeling real hot.
I spent about 16 hours in the emergency room ending yesterday morning at 4 am. I slept pretty much all yesterday. I went to my clinic because I had a problem that seemed dangerous to me but it is a little too personal to post in the forum I'd rather not have everyone and their dog reading know about.

Trust me you'd freak out if it where you.

They didn't resolve the issue but I got the CT I had scheduled later in the month taken care of and I was given morphine while I was there and had a lovely time helping three cute firemen practice drawing blood and putting in an IV. The doctors sent me home saying that the issue would resolve itself and they had no idea why my abdomen hurts so much.
The firemen where fun. The poor guy that was drawing blood from me was a little nerved up and I was told he had been having a difficult evening. I being who I am looked at him and said. Listen, I dont know if they told you guys or not but I have AIDS so I want you to be very careful.
LOL he messed up on the first try, went straight through my vein. Plus he didnt listen to me and use the vein I suggested. They where real excited to see someone that actually had good veins.
I told him I would sit still and not get mad at all untill I ran out of veins on that arm then gave him a big smile.  The second time he tried he never even got the needle near me before he stuck himself with it.
It was a brand new needle so he's fine. just embarrassed. Third needle, anouther screw up. Fourth needle. his buddy trys to help and buddy boy pokes himself with a clean needle. Fifth time he does it perfect. He used the vein I suggested and I didnt feel it hardly at all. We had a nice laugh and they all left.
Several hours later I needed an IV because I was vomiting the nausea pills and pain pills. Here comes Moe, Larry and Curly with the IV. Same fella did the IV in the other arm and got it in his first shot.
Oh I forgot to mention. The room I was in did not have a sharps container. So these guys had to carry my infected needles to another room. I told them it figures the room with the AIDS chick wouldnt have a sharps container in it. By the time they came to do the IV some hospital person installed a container.
It was a rough night and I didnt even say the entire story but I will tell ya'll the rest later.

I went back to my clinic today and all but demanded that they treat my H pylori.
So I've been taken off Reytaz which was the drug that had the interaction that was keeping me from being treated and have been put on Lexiva instead. With Nexium, Azithromycin and Amoxicillin for the H pylori. And I am supposed to take 2 Bactrim a day for a few days to clear up a bladder infection I supposedly have that isn't bothering me. LOL And some lovely suppositories to boot.
BTW I dont want to take the Bactrim. I'm not having any bladder pain or problems urinating and I have all those other antibiotics. I think people are prescribed way too many antibiotics. I dont think I am going to take the Bactrim. I'll just lie and say I am.  ;D

Geesh my short note turned out to be pretty long. I just took a pain pill and its staying down so I might be sitting here for a little longer. Billy is napping so he cant get on to me for not resting. or not drinking enough water or pedialite or juice. No soda's. LOL cant have soda for goodness sakes.

If you want to know what was wrong with me to send me to the ER I'll tell you but it has to be in PM's and I dont want it posted in here. I dont care if everyone knows I just dont want to post it for the world to see.
Betty I cant remember when you quit but we can look back at the post maybe and figure it out.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2008, 09:17:04 pm »
Betty, I hadn't realized that much time had passed since you quit smoking. You go girl!!! Is it getting any easier? Keep it up! I saw Dark Knight too when it came out and I really liked it. I didn't even realize how long it was.

Well, the only constructive thing I did today was go to the gym. Of course I was only working off my anger. As all of you know I kicked Mr. Wonderful to the curb. We have not seen each other but we have conversed via email. Well today I saw is car at some house which is probably where one of his baby's mama's lives and I got really angry and sad. It totally just washed over me. More anger than anything especially since he called me last night asking if I was seeing anyone. So a good thing was that I went to go work out and I felt MUCH better after. I guess it's going to take longer than I thought to lose the emotion. I guess I need to be fair to myself. This definitely wasn't a one night stand and there's more history between us. Maybe I'll continue to channel my anger at the gym... :) There could be some positive!

Win you posted when I tried to. I am so sorry about what you've been going through. You sound like you are feeling better.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2008, 09:39:09 pm »
I'm just taking it slow. I still have the pain in my abdomen. Oh and the CT didn't show anything but a small cyst on my liver which they where not concerned about and a rare kind of hernia that I was born with I cant find the piece of paper where we wrote the name of it down but when I do I'm looking that sucker up on Google.
But they made it sound like the hernia is near my diaphragm and the pain I have is no where near there.

I feel good right now because I took some pain meds and I was able to keep it down.

Offline minismom

« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2008, 10:42:23 pm »
I was doing better, until about an hour ago.  My head is connected to my stomach so that when I'm hungry and don't eat, I actually get a bad headache.  Well, my poor head isn't doing so hot anyway with the sinus infection - any time I sneeze, cough, or look down, it feels like someone is smacking me in the head just above my left eye and in the back of my head.  Anyway, I'm on Prednisone - have I told you how much I HATE  Prednisone? - which makes me hungry.  I'm determined not to gorge while I'm on it, but without eating my headache just gets worse.  In a word, this whole thing sucks.  I'll actually be taking more meds with me than Mini  :o 

Wendy, my darling honey bunch, what am i going to do with you?  Do I need to find one of those plastic bubbles for you to live in?  Have you checked e-bay, maybe someone is selling spare parts. ;) 

Andrea, are you ready for school to start?  I'm confused and maybe I missed something, but did you ever get a summer vacation?

Betty, hun, I think you are going on 3 wks.  I'd love to go see the Dark Knight in the theater, but I'm just going to have to wait until it comes out on DVD.  It won't be the same, but oh well.  I'm working on Hubby to let me bring the laptop, but so far, it's a no-go.  I even told him it would be cheaper because the hotel has free wifi and I could "chat" with him online every night and not have to pay for a calling card.  I still have a couple of days, though, so we'll see.

Well, honies, that's all from this side of the Mason Dixon.  I'm going to do a quick run through the other threads and then head to bed.  The Prednisone high is dissimating, so hopefully I can get some sleep.

Much love to you all!
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2008, 11:35:59 pm »
Betty- I scrolled through your posts and on July 21, you wrote it had been 36 hours since your last cig.  You are doing great!!!

Mum and Mini- I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip to Mexico.  Give everyone lots of hugs for us. Mum, I hope you are feeling better by then.  Mini- Have fun dancing- get your groove on :)!!

Win- I am so sorry to hear that you have been feeling bad and had to go to the hospital.  One thing I can say for you, you always keep your sense of humor.  I hope you feel better soon.

Viv- Sorry you had to see your ex like that but maybe that will help you to realize that you deserve so much better than him.

Keeping- I can't believe your kids started school already, mine don't start until Sept. 2

100- I like your sisterhood name, I hope to be able to talk to my kids like that soon.

Drag- I didn't realize you were having 4 weddings- You are going to be so beautiful!

Wish- How are things going with youngin and without having the kids around for the summer?

I have trying to keep up with you ladies but haven't been posting much.  I haven't been in the best of moods and a lot has been going on.  I can't be on the computer as much with the kids out of school.  I am still trying to get the house organized before school starts.  My oldest is turning 10 tomorrow.  It is kind of bittersweet because that was such a hard time in my life and I can't really tell him everything what happened so I just kind of skip over parts.  He is too young now to realize :)  I hope everyone is doing well, I miss you all.
Snow

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2008, 09:00:48 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, I'm glad we pm'd last night.  At least I know what's wrong (I think).  I hope the treatment you're getting works.  The experience sounds awful.

Andrea, hold firm to your decision concerning Mr. Wonderful.  Don't give into your emotions.  Of course it's going to be hard for awhile.  It always is when we let go of someone we love.  But, things will be so much better if you stick to it.  If he was by your house, chances are he was trying to make you jealous.  Oh, and it's going to be harder if you continue communicating with him, even if it only on the computer

Mum, keep working on hubby!  Maybe he'll eventually break down and let you take the laptop.  We're going to need gossip (hee).

Snow, it's good to hear from you.  So what's going on?  I'm sorry you're going through a rough spot.  It always helps to talk.  If you want, pm me.  Tell your oldest happy birthday for me. 

Yes, I looked back at the previous thread and today is 3 weeks that I've been smoke-free.  Yay!  I'm feeling some better, especially with exercising and changing my diet the way I have.  I hardly eat sugary things anymore, and I'm eating more fresh veggies and fruit.  I've been able to maintain my weight without gaining and I'm hoping to lose about 10-20 lbs more.  It's hard to keep up a diet void of sugar, but it's possible.  I just tell myself that sugar's evil.  Not that it works 100% of the time.  Yesterday when I went to the theater, I took along some Life Saver gummy candies (they're one of my favorite).  That was a rare occasion though.  I'm still kind of short of breath.  And I'm tired more often.  My doctor told me that that's because nicotine is a stimulant and now the body is withdrawing from it.  I hope it doesn't last too much longer.  Although I do like naps.

The only thing I have to do today is go to the store and get a few frozen dinners.  I had to wait to do that until today because I had to wait until I got my food stamps (the whole $10).  My therapist told me he might get his motorcycle running (it's a BMW) and if he does, he's going to take me for a ride.  I've ridden on it with him before, and it's a smooth bike.  Other than that, nothing else going on.  I hope you ladies all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2008, 09:05:23 am »
Snow, I remember when my oldest turned 10 - just last year.  It was pretty devistating having to admit that he's not exactly my "baby" anymore, but so far from how grown he wants so bad to be.  He turned 11 in June, and I wish I could tell you things got better..lol.  He told me the other day that he was a man and deserved to be treated like a man.  So, I handed him the "workers wanted" pages of the local paper and the bus schedule.  I also figured out his part of the "rent" since men don't live for free.  He gave me a horrified look, handed everything back and asked if he could go outside and ride his bike.  Maybe not the best approach, but it worked for him.

I would feel so much better if the pounding in my head would go away.  I guess I slept better, but my head just stinkin' hurts.  Before I went to the doc, I was taking 800mg of ibuprofin every 4hrs (prescription strength) and it didn't do anything.  I just took 3 Prednisone, a Zertec, and the antibiotic.  Later this afternoon, I'll take my diflucan and muliti-vitamen.  Then tonight, the other 3 Prednisone.  The meds yesterday messed up my belly and I had to take 2 doses of Pepto and 4 Tums just so I could lay down.

Well, all, I'm off for my morning drive through the forums then I need to get the laundry done before we leave for the festival.  Everyone have a great Weekend.  I hope to catch up with everyone soon!

Hugs and moochies!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2008, 12:05:05 pm »
It's hard to keep up a diet void of sugar, but it's possible.  I just tell myself that sugar's evil.  Not that it works 100% of the time. 

I read recently when the body craves sugary items it's often a sign of dehydration. The article advised when you have an urge for sugar, drink a glass of water and it typically passes. I hope it's true--haven't had an urge to test it since I read the article.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 05:11:56 am by emeraldize »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2008, 12:20:49 pm »
I read recently when the body craves sugary items it's often a sign of dehydration. The article advised when you have a urge for sugar, drink a glass of water and it typically passes. I hope it's true--haven't an urge to test it on since I read the article.

I drink a ton of water.  Maybe that's why I've been semi-successful so far. 

Mum, I'm sorry you feel so lousy.  I hope the pills work soon, real soon.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2008, 03:40:25 pm »
Betty-I hope you can stay off the sugar. Years ago my mom and I did the Sugar Buster's diet. It was hard but we did notice a difference. We could not stay on it though. We went to visit her parents in Mich. and since the diet was kind of complicated we couldn't really stick to it. My body did not react to well when the sugar was reintroduced...very gassy and painful.

I should give up a lot of the food I eat but I just don't want to! LOL!

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon. My grandma just called and asked me to come over for tacos...a free meal...YES!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2008, 07:14:59 pm »
Andrea, I never heard of Sugar Busters diet.  Where in Michigan did your mum's parents live?  I'm from Michigan even though I live in Indiana now (but I'm right over the border and only a 20 minute drive from MI).    I think with most food that you stay away from, when it's reintroduced to the body, the body reacts.  I try to stay away from beef and pork and when I eat them, my body doesn't like it.  It gets the same way you said yours did with the sugar-bloated and gassy.

I went out to supper with a couple friends of mine.  We went to an authentic Mexican restaurant and it was really good.  I'm totally stuffed and wish I could just roll into bed (and I mean literally roll).

Wendy, I hope you're feeling better today. 

And I hope all you ladies have a good evening.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2008, 07:46:44 pm »
Just checking in to say I'm doing ok. Today I started my Lexiva so far so good with that. I haven't had any noticeable side effects. I'm still having the same old pain as I have been but I've got some pain killers so aside from being tired I'm functioning.
I went to work this morning. Just to remind ya'll I only work about an hour but it exhausted me.
I rested for a few hours then spent the rest of the day with Billy and a gal pal looking at houses for sale in my area and eating lunch out. We got home a few hours ago and spent some time in the pool. I got in and out sitting in the shade and keeping myself wet to stay cool. I read the rest of the book I've been reading.
Now I'm typing at you thinking about what to eat for dinner because I am so not going to cook anything.  ;D
I do feel a little nauseated so I doubt it will be anything good. I might have to settle for crackers. But at least I still have an appetite.  ;)

I was thinking about the last authentic mexican restaurant I went to. They had so many things on the menu that where very different from what is normal to me. Like lingua, or tongue. I cant think of others at the moment but a true mexican restaurant is very different than the Tex Mex restaurants us gringos seem to prefer. I did try a lingua taco once. I didnt care for it. Too chewy.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.