Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:08:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 209
Total: 211

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: blood contact  (Read 23788 times)

Offline badskin

blood contact
« on: December 02, 2006, 05:31:36 pm »
Hi all, I am new here I will cut to the chase and give you a Little background information about me then my possible exposure.

I am 22 work and live in London. I have a bad skin condition that goes and comes, it gets pretty bad in the winter time, chapped,dry,cracked,flaky,red,swollen and often a Little bleeding occurs. Because of my hands i tend to use gloves a lot at work (stacking warhouse) my hands get really smelly and sweaty and they feel very hot at times like burning, probably because they are kept under the gloves for so long.

So here is what happened I was working with a few guys and my hands started to get that burning feeling I took the gloves off and worked without them for a while, a few hours later one of the guys cut his finger with a box, I would say about 10 drops of blood. I didn't think much of it, he went wiped his hands of with a tissue and carried on working, I saw him put gloves on and they looked like my gloves that I placed on the side, so I went to get my gloves they were gone, I asked him if he had taken them , he said yes etc... so I asked for them back he gave them to me, I put them on straight away and guess what? his hand was still bleeding a little bit so he went to wash it. I didn't think nothing of it but when I got home I was talking to my brother who told me that the guy was "high risk" for HIV so I started to freak out that's why I am here.

because he was bleeding and because of the skin situation on my hands and that I wore the gloves for about 8 hours after that without taking them off, what is my risk? should i get tested? thanks in advance

John

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: blood contact
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 05:39:22 pm »
Bad,

Even if this guy is hiv positive, you didn't have a risk. Hiv is not transmitted from environmental surfaces (and the gloves qualify as an environmental surface). Hiv cannot survive in a transmittable state when outside the human body. It is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Please read the Welcome Thread and follow the Transmission Lesson link so you can learn what is and isn't a risk for hiv infection.

Here's what you need to know to protect yourself against hiv infection: You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Use condoms and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline badskin

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 06:59:02 am »
Hi Ann

Thanks for the reply, I have a few questions.

What do you mean by primarily transmitted INSIDE the body? what instances can HIV transmit when outside the body? I know if you get pricked by a hollow needle that is one way. I was on a government website (I believe it was anyway) and it had statistics on how many people in the UK are infected and how they got infected.I think there was a 2% unknown reason of infection and I think it was 4% from blood products, can you shed some light on this?

Also if you live in London you might have read the Metro newspaper on worlds Aids day. It said that 5 workers including 2 doctors were infected while helping people with HIV in Ethiopia( I believe it was) under the front picture of a doctor helping a child with HIV it said something to the affect of "Doctors in Ethiopia risk a death sentence from as little as a splash of blood"

If you read the article one of the reasons they gave for the Doctors getting infected was inadequate gloves, why?

thank you

John

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 10:33:20 am »
John,

I already answered your first question when I said " It is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse." The exchange of fluids happens inside the body - inside the anus or vagina.

There will always be a percentage of infections that get filed under the "unknown" heading, simply because there are people who would rather die than admit to something like anal sex. Yes, people sometimes lie to their doctors.

The article in the Metro was an uninformed, sensationalist piece of crap journalism, to be blunt. For a start, you cannot equate what is called "occupational exposure" to everyday life. The people the article talks about may not have even become infected from work - they may have been having unprotected intercourse but it was easier to blame it on work.

The bottom line here is that you were not at risk from what you describe. If it still worries you, then test. If you've ever had unprotected intercourse in your life with someone whose hiv status you do not know for certain, you should test anyway.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline badskin

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 12:37:00 pm »
Hi Ann

I have never had sexual intercourse with anyone but my wife who was also a virgin.

I am only worried because my day to day activities force me to interact with hundreds of people and many that I interact with I am sure have cuts and stuff and my hands are in a awful state, so it just scares me.

I heard that a women caught the virus from her son because she had eczema, how did this occur if the virus is unable to infect outside the body? Also on many other sites and by a few doctors that I have seen told me the blood must clot (dry up) in order for the virus to be unable to infect otherwise there is a slight chance of infection, my question is why the confusing information, why not solid sound information that is universal?

Another thing I would like to bring up is I was attacked a few years ago (6 years) and I got cut up pretty badly in numerous places and yes they were deep, blood was gushing out all over the place and I was taken to hospital to get stitched up. My question is what if the guy that cut me cut himself while opening the knife? Because we were fighting and as you can imagine he was pulling it out (the knife that is ;D) as we were on each other going at it. What if he cut himself then me? Blood to blood?

Sorry for wasting your time but I need to get all these questions out of my head, the GP just wants me out in 10 seconds and I cant get it all out in that amount of time.

Thank you again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 12:48:19 pm »
I am only worried because my day to day activities force me to interact with hundreds of people and many that I interact with I am sure have cuts and stuff and my hands are in a awful state, so it just scares me.

INTERACTING WITH MANY PEOPLE IN YOUR DAILY LIFE DOES NOT PUT YOU AT RISK FOR HIV TRANSMISSION. READ THE LESSON ON TRANSMISSION. THERE'S A LINK TO IT IN THE WELCOME THREAD WHICH OPENS THIS SECTION.

I heard that a women caught the virus from her son because she had eczema, how did this occur if the virus is unable to infect outside the body? Also on many other sites and by a few doctors that I have seen told me the blood must clot (dry up) in order for the virus to be unable to infect otherwise there is a slight chance of infection, my question is why the confusing information, why not solid sound information that is universal?

YOU "HEARD THAT A WOMAN CAUGHT THE VIRUS FROM HER SON BECAUSE SHE HAD ECZEMA"? THAT'S THE KIND OF UNDOCUMENTED HEARSAY THAT CAN MAKE YOU CRAZY. WE CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR WHAT OTHER SITES SAY OR WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS. WE GIVE YOU THE STRAIGHT DEAL AS BEST WE CAN. ALL THE BASICS ARE THERE IN THE TRANSMISSION & TESTING LESSONS. GET THOSE DOWN AND YOU'LL BE FINE. NO KIDDING.

Another thing I would like to bring up is I was attacked a few years ago (6 years) and I got cut up pretty badly in numerous places and yes they were deep, blood was gushing out all over the place and I was taken to hospital to get stitched up. My question is what if the guy that cut me cut himself while opening the knife? Because we were fighting and as you can imagine he was pulling it out (the knife that is ) as we were on each other going at it. What if he cut himself then me? Blood to blood?

MORE WHAT IFS. WHAT IF HE WAS HIV+, WHAT IF HIS BLOOD GOT INTO YOUR WOUND, etc. WE DON'T FIND IT USEFUL TO DEAL IN WHAT IFS HERE. IF YOU ARE GOING TO WORRY YOURSELF IN THIS MANNER ABOUT THAT LONG AGO INCIDENT, GET TESTED, COLLECT THE INEVITABLE NEGATIVE RESULT AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE. 
Andy Velez

Offline badskin

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 06:24:05 pm »
Hi Andy

I have been browsing this site for months now and I have read a few of your replays, in none did I see you shout (caps) at anyone at least not until they repeated the same question time after time etc.. so whats the deal with shouting at me? :o I have asked new questions and its only my third post! ???

Anyway I believe the women with the eczema and her son infecting her with HIV is documented. I think Ann bought it up once in a post, ask her. ;D

If you are going to shout at me with your first responce then I would prefer it if you didn't respond to me at all, you need to have more Patience with me. I came here to let my feelings out, not to get shouted at. I would really like for you to give me information as I believe you are very knowledgeable concerning HIV, however I would rather you SPEAK to me instead of shout at me.

"Transmission in healthcare settings. Healthcare professionals have been infected with HIV in the workplace, usually after being stuck with needles or sharp objects containing HIV-infected blood".

That is from the lessons, read that then read my previous post concerning the knife attack.

Thanks for replying to my previous post.

John

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 06:41:50 pm »
57 cases of occupational hazard in the health care profession since 1984 in the US. Now if you think that is a lot with the millions of people treated every year, it's not. This site is an assessment site not a hold your hand and confort you site. If you need confort, then you are at the wrong website.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 08:15:07 pm »
John,

I've seen Andy reply in caps before when he has included a person's questions in his reply. He's not shouting, he just wanted to differentiate between what you wrote and what he wrote.

I never wrote anything about this eczema case that I recall. However, I do have a vague recollection of a mother who was taking care of her very ill son and I believe there were other factors at play in that case. At any rate, one single case in all the millions of infections world wide does not change the fact that you were not at risk in what happened between you and your workmate.

As I said to you before, if you cannot accept our assessment of your (non)risk, then the only thing for it is for you to test, collect your negative result and move on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline badskin

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 11:15:43 am »
Hi

Thanks for replying to my post RapidRod.

This site is an assessment site not a hold your hand and confort you site. If you need confort, then you are at the wrong website.

When did I ever say that I came here to be comforted or for people to hold my hands?

I am 22 years old Mr Rapid. I don't expect people to hold my hands and cuddle me, what I do expect is respect and maturity. I sure didn't come here to be shouted at, this forum was created for people like me, no?

If you need confort, then you are at the wrong website.

Its a good thing that I didn't come for comfort then isn't it? I came for dialogue.

I came here to interact with people that have knowledge concerning HIV and for them to answer my questions and no more, thank you for your advice though it was nice of you. ;)

Hi Ann, thank you for replying. I will test, i tried to make an appointment today but they are fully booked so I will try next week.

What do you think my chances are of infection from the knife attack, considering what the lessons section says regarding sharp objects and blood?

Does water kill the virus? if so hot or cold? I washed my hands during another incident but there was no hot water or soap in the dispenser, is rinsing your hands with cold/warm water enough to kill the virus? or will it re activate it like hep virus?

Thank you for your time and patience with me Ann,I really do appreciate it :-*

John

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 12:00:43 pm »
John,

As I think I mentioned before, hiv is a very fragile virus. Its outer membrane is very sensitive to minute changes in moisture content, pH levels and temperature. Its favoured environment is INSIDE the human body and once it is outside this environment, it quickly becomes damaged and unable to infect. To infect, it must actually latch on to specific types of cells in the body. In order for it to be able to latch on to these cells, not only must it bump into these specific cells by chance, but its outer membrane must also be intact and in good condition.

This is why hiv is primarily transmitted inside the body during unprotected intercourse, or when the fresh virus is injected directly into a vein when injecting equipment is shared between users of street drugs.

I think your chances of being infected from the knife attack are nil. But as I said before, if YOU are in doubt, then test. I'm expecting a negative result after all you've told us here and you should too.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline badskin

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 05:11:35 pm »
Hello Ann, thanks for the reply

But you didn't answer these questions from my previous post ;D

Does water kill the virus? if so hot or cold? I washed my hands during another incident but there was no hot water or soap in the dispenser, is rinsing your hands with cold/warm water enough to kill the virus? or will it re activate it like hep virus?

This is following part is from the lessons section;

The reason why sexual activity is a risk for HIV transmission is because it allows for the exchange of body fluids. Researchers have consistently found that HIV can be transmitted via blood, semen, and vaginal secretions.

Digital-anal or digital-vaginal sex is the clinical term for "fingering" either the anus or the female genitals (including the vagina). While it is theoretically possible that someone who has an open cut or fresh abrasion on his or her finger or hand can be infected with HIV if coming into contact with blood in the anus or vagina or vaginal secretions, there has never been a documented case of HIV transmission via fingering.

I am not trying to take this out of context, just highlighting parts that I believe can help answer my questions.

I also asked in a previous post that if blood containing HIV was to touch my hands (with several cuts) and still be wet, is it still considered not able to infect? Or can it still infect because the blood hasn't dried up and therefore oxygen hasn't reached all the cells yet?

I read somewhere that men with a forskin are at higher risk then circumcised men for a few reasons. One reason was that the forskin contains lots of cells that HIV attaches to and that it likes a warm wet environment. I am worried because my hands under the glove were very warm (wearing gloves for hours on end) and they were wet (from sweat), should I worry about this?

Thank you for your time. I am really trying to educate myself and at the same time clear my fears from my troubling head.

John

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 06:30:23 pm »
John, wet hands in your gloves are not the same thing by a long stretch to be equated with a foreskin and greater risk in terms of HIV. Wet hands inside gloves is hardly like the cellular structure on the under side of the foreskin.

Listen, I understand your concern. HIV is scary. But you are pasting together a lot of what ifs and consistently coming up with the worst case scenario. Stop for a moment and consider that if HIV was easily acquired as you fear, we would have known it long before today because there would be so many examples of transmission via the means you are fearing. It just doesn't happen that way.

I do expect you will test negative.

And just to clarify, I wasn't "shouting" at you. As Ann has observed, I was trying to differentiate between you comments and my responses.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 08:50:27 am »
John,

I did answer your question. Go back and read my last post to you and apply what you learn to your own situation.

You didn't have a risk by any stretch of an informed imagination.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline badskin

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 05:26:44 pm »
Hey guys

Thanks for replying to my post. Andy thanks for clearing that shouting thing up, lol I thought you had it in for me Andy :P

Anyway I wanted to ask you both how much blood on my hands would it take to pose a risk concerning HIV?

My hands have OVER 30 little "cuts" on them, they are dry and non bleeding at the moment but the skin is red and inflammed. If blood was to drop on my hands, would this pose a risk of infection?

I just do not understand why I am not at risk? I just dont get it! I mean you have infected blood (lets just say) and MANY, MANY cuts (sometimes bleeding) cant the infected blood find a way into one of the many cuts on my hand, and then in return lead to infection?

I have only posted ONE incedent out of the MANY that have happened to me concerning my hands and blood contact. If I am exposed everyday to blood on my hands will that increase the risk of infection?

I dont understand how the virus dies outside the body when it is still wet and has just left someones body for 20 secs for example? This is enough time to diactivate the virus?

Thank you for your time

John

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 06:02:36 pm »
John, you can put all the twists and turns on it all you want. It's not going to change the answers you have been given. You will not get infected by little cuts, nicks or abrasions. You really need to move on about this non risk issue.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 06:34:05 pm »
John, the kind of circumstances you are describing are very much every day events, even though it may not seem that way to you. I have yet in nearly 20 years to find that anyone has been infected in the manner you are concerned about. Really.

And I don't expect you to become the first.

If your work causes this kind of problem perhaps you need to be wearing gloves for protection. In any case, whether you do that or not, this kind of situation is not a real risk for HIV transmission.

The real means of transmission are covered in our lesson on this site, a link to which you can find in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

Andy Velez

Offline badskin

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 11:04:32 am »
Hi guys

I appreciate the fact that you are telling me I had no risk. I just want to know WHY I had no risk?

If you could answer these questions it would probably stop this going in circles, I don't wanna get you guys frustrated by repeating the same stuff over and over.

1. How much infected blood would it take to pose a risk?

2. How long will it take so that the virus is no longer able to infect outside the body?

3. Is the virus "dead" even though the blood is still wet? 20 secs outside body for example.

Thank you for your patience, time and knowledge

John

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 11:15:23 am »
HIV is not live at all. It's either active or nonactive. Infected blood starts breaking down as soon as it comes into contact with air outside it's host becoming nonactive. Did you ask if the guy was HIV positive? Not that it makes a difference. You need to move on. This thread has ran its course.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 12:01:05 pm »
.*.

Offline badskin

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 10:42:34 am »
Hi guys

Rapid whats up with the last post?  :-X

I have been getting a bit of information about my "exposure" and this is what I have "come up with".

Blood has the highest concentration of HIV and therefore the most infectious bodily fluid. HIV in blood is still infectious even when outside the body until the blood has completely dried out, which means that oxygen has reached all the cells and the virus is no longer able to infect.

Would you say the above is Correct?

Also I wanted to know the risk of a certian incident that happend with my brother 2 years ago. My brother had a threesome with a friend of ours and his gf, it was protected (they both wore condoms). I am asking because I am worried about him. According to my brother who was telling me what happened the guys penis was VERY small and the condom kept slipping down his dick, he had to keep pulling it back and at one point it was hanging on by the head. Is this risky to my brothers gf? they are still together and plan to marry.

At the moment they are using condoms and have been since that day and before that day, but they want to have a baby after they get married, so it just came to me that I should ask about the risks before he risks himself getting infected (stops using condoms).

Was his gf at risk from pre cum and cum? when he came it was inside her. The condom when he pulled out was hanging by the head. This was a one time incident.

Thank you for your time.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 10:55:07 am »
No, it was not a risk and to the other question, you do not get HIV from environmental surfaces, wet or dry.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 10:59:00 am »
Mr. Skin,

I dont post here often as it sometimes tries my patience.

The only thing that can ease your mind is a test my friend.  if you get one it will tell you if you are HIV + or not, which I fully expect you NOT to be.

As far as your brother, they should both have a FULL STD test before having a child, there are many other reasons for this other than HIV.

Go test. The truth shall set you free.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline badskin

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2006, 11:50:56 am »
Hi Guys

I hope you all had a good Christmas. I have been worrying about HIV for about 6 years non stop (knife incident) 2 of those 6 years I have had very bad depression. I also went through a period of constant hand washing (OCD?) and as you can imagine that just made my skin on my hands worse.

Because of my constant hand washing and depression I was told that my immune system was weakend, is that true? can this happen? supposedly I was washing off good bacteria on my hands and because I don't like shaking hands (cause my hands look like shit) I haven't been exposed to different peoples bacteria and that it would be easier for me to contract HIV then for say someone living a "normal" life.

ANN and Andy could you please reply to my brothers risk situation with the condom slipping and hanging on by the head, thanks.

I just booked an appointment for next week, what are my chances that I will test positive or negative out of 100% given what I have told you?

Thank you for your time.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 12:13:40 pm »
You don't have a lowered immune system. You don't get HIV from a knife unless you are a surgeon and your brother doesn't need to be concerned, because he still had the condom covering the head of his penis.

Offline Carl_JQ

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 01:40:44 pm »
But why?

Offline badskin

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 05:11:00 pm »
Hi all

Hope you guys had a nice New Years.

So as long as the condom covers the head of the penis I am protected? what about after sex and removing the condom, for example touching the head of the penis after touching the outside of the condom which would be full of the "positive" persons secretions?

I think I have to somehow post a picture of my hands here when I get a digi cam so you guys can actually see what my hands look like, a picture is like a thousand words right?

I have severe eczema, that has surface bleeding and red inflammation of the skin.

You say i have no risk even if blood dropped on one of the MANY cuts on my hands, but how comes it infected the lady who was caring for her son who was dying of Aids? she too had eczema that was weeping.

I have an appointment Friday at 9am so will see what the doc says.

what about going down on a women who has minor bleeding with cuts in the mouth and ulcers? I mean proper face sitting deep eatting out, is that risky?

Thanks for your time once again

John

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 06:38:30 pm »
Again, you have not given any thing to consider as being a risk.  To infect a child it can be done during labor, delivery or by breast feeding.

Offline badskin

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2007, 02:58:24 pm »
Well I went to the docs today, she told me my chance of catching HIV from infected blood contact even with my sever eczema is essentially zero, that made me feel much better. She gave me a form to fill out to get tested the reason she wrote down was "obsessed with HIV", lol that made me feel kinda weird. So I filled out the form for the blood test and I will probably do it on Monday, but the question that just keeps running through my head is, what if? you know? do i want to know?

The hard part (for me at least) is getting the blood test as I have never had one and am terrified of needles (wuss I know) the harder part would be collecting the results.

:-\

Offline badskin

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 04:16:13 pm »
Rapid said;
You don't have a lowered immune system. You don't get HIV from a knife unless you are a surgeon and your brother doesn't need to be concerned, because he still had the condom covering the head of his penis.

Yeah I know he was protected, so was his gf from him at least. But what about the other guy that was fucking her? The condom slipped off his dick and was hanging on by the head when he came inside her. As he withdrew it was hanging on by the head, she is at risk right? sperm could have been on his penis shaft and therefore inside her exposed (no condome on). What would the risk be?

Also what about if you withdraw before you cum and wank yourself off with ur hand, is that a risk? obviously with a condom on, but if you hand eczema, chapped bleeding hands etc...

Thanks for now

John

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 04:23:21 pm »
Well I went to the docs today, she told me my chance of catching HIV from infected blood contact even with my sever eczema is essentially zero, that made me feel much better.

You answered your own question.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline badskin

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 01:13:36 pm »
Hi ACinKC

Yeah but what about my first question? I didn't answer that, lol

Could you please give me your opinion.

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 02:09:27 pm »
No one was at risk. He came out of his condom on withdraw. What he does need to do is learn how to use a condom correctly, but he nor anyone else was at risk.

Offline badskin

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2007, 09:07:17 am »
If a man does not use a condom, HIV can enter his bloodstream through microscopic cuts and abrasions that normally occur on the head of the penis. These microscopic openings are a result of the normal friction that normally occurs during intercourse, and are too small to visually see, but large enough for HIV to enter.

What makes cuts on the hands any different?

What about a sore caused by herpes and inflammed little yet visible cuts on the hands, why is the herpes sore considered a risk to HIV infection while the cuts on the hands are not?

Ann, Andy, Rapid please could you explain. I just cannot understand how infected blood on open wounds on your hand are not a risk.

Would you guys also consider a depressed (2 years depression) person more likely to be susceptible to the virus because of lowered immune system caused by the stress?

Sorry for the trouble AGAIN

John

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 09:23:35 am »
Depression will not affect your immune system to cause a delay in antibody detection.  A person is not going to to absorb hiv infection through microscopic tears or abrasions on the head of the penis. It will be infection through the urethra.

Offline badskin

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 08:01:28 am »
I have a blood test in 15 minutes, wish me luck i am terrified.

I will be worse when it comes to the results.

:(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 08:13:10 am »
Yes, go collect your negative result.

Offline badskin

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 10:27:41 am »
Hey Rapid

I got back about an hour ago. It didn't hurt as much (if at all) as I was expecting. It was over in like 3 seconds.

I am now worried about being in the room getting the test done arghhhhh will I ever stop worrying? Its just my skin, the "rash" (which burns as if its cut) has nearly reached my elbows from my hands, about 3 inches down from my elbows, its red and flaky and arggg.  :-\ I am worried about the guy before me that could have gotton blood on the chair and then I put my arm on it.

What do you think? realistic or crazy?

Also I never heard the nurse open a new needle, you know I usually hear them like ripping it open to show you its a new needle or whatever, she never did that she just sort of had it there! what do you guys think?

Oh and rapid my results will take a week (that's what she said) she said they will call me if anythings wrong, can I really expect them to call me (God forbid or will they just sort of forget? As I have been waiting to see a mental health care worker for about 2 years for this stress and nothing as of yet, even after numerous reminders to my GP.

Please respond to my 3 questions/points.

Thanks

John

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 11:26:33 am »
bad,

Enough is enough already. You didn't have a risk in the first place and you CERTAINLY didn't have a risk when you got tested.

Keep it up and you'll be given a time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline badskin

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 12:49:50 pm »
Ann, what do you expect me to be feeling right now? I am anxious, worried and scared. It is my first blood test and its regarding something I have had a fear of for a long time especially since my blood contact exposure, so yeah I am a lil worried since I took the test today and its a new and hopefully last experience for me. I have to let my feelings out somewhere.

I have posted here many times, yes. But have I posted here in obsession over and over again in the same day? no, have a look at the dates and you will see days if not weeks in between posts. Plus I am asking new questions every now and again.

Sorry to be a pain its probably the OCD I believe I have developed. And yes I have been to the GP to try and get some help, taking the test was a giant leap for me.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 01:02:31 pm »
For the questions that you are asking now they are absurd. Seek the help of a mental health professional.

Offline badskin

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2007, 08:45:16 am »
What is absurd about thinking you can contract HIV from an open wound, surface rash?

Maybe you are right and my mind is really going nuts. That is why I said in my previous post, I am seeking mental help.

Offline badskin

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 09:27:18 am »
Hey guys its been a while. I tested negative (Thank God) on 15 Feb 07 as you predicted. I now have a different situation.

I have a rashy sort of thing on the inside of my butt cheeks and inner thighs, I think its called a heat rash. It was probably from walking a lot and my thighs rubbing together. it stings a lot and is swollen. Also my rectum (anus) stings, as if I have a few cuts on it, probably from the diarrhea I have been having recently (and not cleaning myself "there" properly) because I don't want to touch a mucus membrane (anus) while I am at work. Weird? I know.

Anyhow yesterday I was working with a guy who probably is infected (God forbid), I mean he himself says that he is at high risk as he lived in Thailand for 18 months and had unprotected sex with over 10 women. He says he wants to get tested but cant bring himself to. Anyway my situation. I tried to conquer my fears yesterday and I went to the toilet and after I was done, I wiped my stinging butt, the problem? I noticed a little blood on my finger that still looked wet. I thought it was mine and that I had cut myself so I sucked it, the problem? I had no cut! So I started to panic, had I wiped blood into my sore anus? I mean its enough thats its a mucus membrane let alone a sore one. I went back to work and looked at his fingers (trying to look without him noticing) and noticed he was bleeding quite badly. I told him and he said he knew and that he would "survive".

So in brief, I sucked blood that probably was not mine and number two, I might have rubbed it into my sore mucus membrane.

Does this warrant testing?

Thanks for your time once again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 10:28:16 am »
Now WHAT! So here you are, HIV negative as we knew you to be and once again you are constructing baroque scenarios for how you might be at risk for HIV.

Of course there is absolutely no basis for this concern in HIV science. None whatsoever. You're talking about a very shaky structure of WHAT IFS here. HIV is a very fragile virus and is never transmitted in the kind of latest scenario you have cooked up.

You need to see a doctor about your sore bum and other physical concerns.

And once again I will suggest you see a therapist or other professional to discuss your overheated HIV concerns.

This is NOT an HIV situation. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline badskin

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 12:13:53 pm »
So from what I understood is;

1. sucking blood is not a risk of infection.

2. rubbing blood into a sore anus is also a non risk situation.

Thanks for your help Andy. Anyone else care to elaborate?

Thanks again guys.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2007, 12:16:46 pm »
Nope. Andy said everything that needs to be said.

MtD

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2007, 12:18:21 pm »
Reread Andy's second to the last sentence.
I will suggest you see a therapist or other professional to discuss your overheated HIV concerns.

Offline badskin

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2007, 07:47:11 pm »
I went to the casino today and I had a steak to eat while playing poker(I lost £75 btw). I had a tooth taken out roughly 2 days ago and I am just worried about blood being on the food or on my fingers from other players as I ate the chips with my fingers. Blood to blood? IAs I understand the mouth is a mucus membrane?

I am trying to get help about these fears, I know you wont believe this but I have gotten a lil better.

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2007, 07:53:25 pm »
You cannot contract HIV from food products. PERIOD.

Offline badskin

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2007, 08:03:30 pm »
Not from food! I meant that someones blood being ON THE food. Or that persons blood being on my fingers then me eating the food with my hand thus putting blood in my mouth.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.