Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:16:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 159
Total: 159

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: New questions  (Read 17281 times)

Offline canitbe

New questions
« on: June 22, 2007, 05:04:24 am »
My dear friends:
    I am a person from  a eastern country ,so, I am not very familiar with  ENGLISH.
    I found this forum this month by chance.I think this forum is the best one I've found on internet because many people give helps to others who have questions about hiv.
    I have some questions here,please give me the right answers.I've seen the forums about hiv in my country,but they confused me a lot. 
    1、I had a unpretected oral sex with a prostitute(she suckde me),May 24,2007.And then,she usesd her genitalia to rubbed over mine  lightly until I ejaculated.I think I had no cuts in my genitalia. I DID NOT ENTER HER VAGINA.Were these risky?Was there any risk for me to get hiv?
    2、I"ve seen many forums in my country,some of them said no risk,some said could not completly avoid the risk.But,however,did I have any risk?Should I need to have a test about hiv?WHY there are so many different answers?
    3、After two weeks,at June 9,I began to feel a little bit hot,tired,that was my all symptoms,until June 21.These symptoms scared me ,because I  know the infection of hiv has a "acute infection period". Were these symptoms cause by the hiv virus?
    I don't have the courage to test,and I can not face the result if it will be bad.
    I think I need your help because all of you are so Professional and kind.I"m waiting for your answers.
    Many thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Questions from a eastern country
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 05:56:15 am »
can,

Nothing you describe is a risk for hiv infection. Getting a blowjob is not a risk. Rubbing genitals without penetration (also known as frottage) is not a risk for hiv either. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that primarily occurs INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

Although you do NOT need to test over this specific incident,
anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline canitbe

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 02:27:32 pm »
Ann,
    Thank you very much for giving me the help.
    What about the symptoms I had few days earlier? Do you have the saying that called "the acute infection period"?
     "If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results."I rarely go to that kind of place ,and have sexually active with a prostitute.That's why I worried a lot about  this  specific incident.
      In fact,I'm a Chinese.To have a sexually active with prostitute is rare for me although such kind of things are common now for a man in my country. Some of the forums,including some experts in my country,called my behavior as a 'high risky behavior',and they suggested me to have a test about hiv because they can't be sure about the risk.They never told me it is no risk for my  behavior.
       Is it  a 'high risky behavior'? If I have the test,can I fully expect the result negative?
      Thank you for your kind help again,and sorry for my poor ENGLISH.
       I just want to be sure I'm not in danger,so,I can start my life again.
       Many thanks.
       非常感谢!

Offline canitbe

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 02:39:52 pm »
“Getting a blowjob is not a risk”.
But what about getting a unprotected blowjob?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 03:15:02 pm »
Getting a blowjob period is not a risk for HIV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 09:47:05 pm »
In the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a single case documented of transmission from someone getting a blowjob.

It's safe to say you aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

Andy Velez

Offline canitbe

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 12:32:24 am »
Thank you,Rapidrod and Andy Velez.Excuse me,I think my puzzle is :What you've told me is a little bit different from what I was told in my country.
Insertive unprotected blowjob(being sucked )   People in my country told me such kind of behavior should have hiv test,because it is called "high risk behavior".Although the possibility is theoretically,but it can be happen(if the girl has blood in her mouth,and my genital has cuts),so can not 100% to avoid the virus.Here,all of you told me it is not necessary to have a hiv test because there is no risk.The different anwsers confused me.
Can you tell me why? Is it the different way of thinking between east and west?
Thank you.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 12:34:29 am by canitbe »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 05:24:25 am »
Who knows why your country gave you false information. What country do you actually live in?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 06:54:23 am by RapidRod »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 06:26:48 am »
can,

Sometimes people use scare tactics to make people behave how they want. This is very true when it comes to anything related to sex, where many believe you should not be having sexual relations outside a traditional, heterosexual marriage.

Here at AIDSmeds we believe that as long as you protect yourself and do no harm to your partner, it doesn't matter who you're having sex with. It's your choice, not ours.

We stick to scientific fact, not moral judgements or our ideas of how you live your life. And the scientific fact is that hiv will not be transmitted to you when you get a blowjob.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline hoaiphuong

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 11:27:26 pm »
I am not very familiar with  ENGLISH,so i'm sorry about that

If the girl has blood in her mouth,and my genital has cuts?Everybody in my country said that it's high risky behavior.Abilily of infect HIV is very high.But,on this useful site,ANN-said that:And the scientific fact is that hiv will not be transmitted to you when you get a blowjob.
Ann,which accurate answer for this question?

And i have a question,please help me:Afer i have high risk  action,i decide to drink Lamzidivir(My english is not enough to explain kind of medicine,i hope you know this medicine).I drunk 2 pills a day,within a month
After ,I began to realize that if I bump against  hard something.My skin become to red,and it's take a long time return to normal.I did not happen before,these symptoms cause by lamzidivir?I haven't stop drink 3 weeks ago. OR Were these symptoms cause by the hiv virus?I heard about CD4(blood),When CD4 redure,it's make this phenomenon.
My last question:
When a person infected HIV,which symtom let we know that he(she)infect HIV in the first period(about 2 months)
I think I need your help because all of you are so Professional and kind.I"m waiting for your answers.
    Many thanks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 12:44:56 am »
hoaiphuong, do not post in any other thread other than your own. 

Offline canitbe

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 01:02:16 am »
Ann,Andy and Rapid,I'm from China.
Just like Hoaiphuong's saying,everybody in my country said that it's high risky behavior(If the girl has blood in her mouth,and my genital has cuts).The possibility of getting HIV is very high.Excuse me,what's the  accurate answer for this question?
And, I've just read this in this forum:
 go to: C D C home page; logo: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Safer, Healthier, People
spacer image
   spacer image    spacer image    go to: C D C Home Page    go to: Search C D C    go to: C D C Health Topics A to Z
go to: C D C - Divisions of H I V / AIDS Prevention Home Page; logo: H I V / AIDS Prevention National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention
Divisions of HIV/AIDS Prevention
Frequently Asked Questions   |   Home   |   Search   |   Site Map
Can I get HIV from oral sex?

Yes, it is possible for either partner to become infected with HIV through performing or receiving oral sex. There have been a few cases of HIV transmission from performing oral sex on a person infected with HIV. While no one knows exactly what the degree of risk is, evidence suggests that the risk is less than that of unprotected anal or vaginal sex.

If the person performing oral sex has HIV, blood from their mouth may enter the body of the person receiving oral sex through

* the lining of the urethra (the opening at the tip of the penis);
    * the lining of the vagina or cervix;
    * the lining of the anus; or
    * directly into the body through small cuts or open sores.

If the person receiving oral sex has HIV, their blood, semen (cum), pre-seminal fluid (pre-cum), or vaginal fluid may contain the virus. Cells lining the mouth of the person performing oral sex may allow HIV to enter their body.

The risk of HIV transmission increases

* if the person performing oral sex has cuts or sores around or in their mouth or throat;
    * if the person receiving oral sex ejaculates in the mouth of the person performing oral sex; or
    * if the person receiving oral sex has another sexually transmitted disease (STD).

Not having (abstaining from) sex is the most effective way to avoid HIV.

If you choose to perform oral sex, and your partner is male,

* use a latex condom on the penis; or
    * if you or your partner is allergic to latex, plastic (polyurethane) condoms can be used.

Studies have shown that latex condoms are very effective, though not perfect, in preventing HIV transmission when used correctly and consistently. If either partner is allergic to latex, plastic (polyurethane) condoms for either the male or female can be used. For more information about latex condoms, see "Male Latex Condoms and Sexually Transmitted Diseases."

If you choose to have oral sex, and your partner is female,

* use a latex barrier (such as a natural rubber latex sheet, a dental dam or a cut-open condom that makes a square) between your mouth and the vagina. A latex barrier such as a dental dam reduces the risk of blood or vaginal fluids entering your mouth. Plastic food wrap also can be used as a barrier.

If you choose to perform oral sex with either a male or female partner and this sex includes oral contact with your partners anus (analingus or rimming),

* use a latex barrier (such as a natural rubber latex sheet, a dental dam or a cut-open condom that makes a square) between your mouth and the anus. Plastic food wrap also can be used as a barrier.

If you choose to share sex toys with your partner, such as dildos or vibrators,

* each partner should use a new condom on the sex toy; and
    * be sure to clean sex toys between each use.

BY San 2002

Does CDC say like that?
Thank you .

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 01:10:48 am »
You do not get HIV from getting a blowjob. Studies have found that those giving a blowjob to known persons with HIV have never been infected.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 05:37:16 am »
can,

Unless you are in the habit of punching your partner in the mouth before they give you a blowjob, there isn't going to be enough blood present in their mouth to be an hiv concern.

Not one single person has ever become infected through GETTING a blowjob and you won't be the first.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline canitbe

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 12:39:30 am »
Ann,Andy and Rapid,I'm back here again.It is so kind of you to help a person from CHINA.
Your helps made me calm down last month,so I went back to my life and work again.
BUT,I always thought about it: my unprotected insertive blowjob and rubbing genitals with  a prostitute at May 24 this year.I thought about it every day,and I came here everyday read every post about oral sex.
Although I feel much better from your  scientific advices, I can not compele calm myself down.
In fact,I had a protected vaginal intercourse with a  prostitute in 2001,we also kissed.This nearly made me mad.I suffered  from emotional distress(melancholia) from that time on,I also met a counselor for help.After nearly 5 months,I went to the hospital and had taken a hiv test.The reslut was negtive.I went back to my life and lived happily.
After 6 years,nightmare comes back. I know my behavior was no risk,at lest low risk.But when I tell meself:"You are ok,you had no risk!" Anyway,I can not persuade myself.I always think about the infection risk of  HIV.I'm under a very heavy pressure.
My dear friends,what should I do?How can I let this specific incident go and calm down?
Do I need to have a hiv test?
Many thanks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 04:39:43 am »
If you can not handle the sexual positions that you continue you to put yourself in then I would suggest to discontinue having sex except with your hand and yourself.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 08:44:18 am »
At this point you know the drill. You had protected intercourse so you weren't at risk for HIV transmission. Condoms provide very effective protection.

What you're talking about has nothing to do with HIV.

It's not our job to calm you down after everytime you have decided to have some kind of sexual experience. If you have problems emotionally with sexual matters that's something for you to discuss with a mental health professional and for you to consider what's causing you to be distressed about these incidents. 

This is not an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline canitbe

New questions
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 03:02:45 am »
Hello,my dear firends.Now,I have some new questions.
The day before yesterday,I met a  prostitute.
1、I used my fingers touched her  vagina and cut my one finger(no cuts) in.But,another finger of mine had a very smll cut ,it was already a scar.I am not very sure wheather the scar had touched the woman's vaginal fluid.Is this has any risk?
2、The prostitute kissed my anus for about 5 minutes,water in mouth.But ,I have hemorrhoids,sometimes have blood.Is this has any risk?
3、Should I go to the CDC to have a test?
Would you please give me the correct answer.Thank you revy much.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: New questions
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 03:19:37 am »
Canitbe

I have merged your threads so please use this one from now on..thank you for your cooperation.

No risk
No need to test.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline canitbe

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 12:05:27 pm »
Thank you.
But I want to know if my cut(scar) had touched the woman's vaginal fluid,is there any risk?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 12:12:39 pm »
Jan answered your questions.

Offline canitbe

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 12:28:38 pm »
Sorry,I don't quite understand.
As we  know,a cut in finger ,and then touched woman's vaginal fluid,is dangerous.What aout the scar over  cut?
I am worried aout this,thank you .

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 12:35:03 pm »
No, touching or fingering a woman's vagina when you have a cut is NOT dangerous. Even IF the woman happens to be HIV+, the vaginal secretions which might contain HIV are further up the vaginal cavity in the cervical area. That is NOT where you would be touching or fingering.

You are again worrying needlessly.

Sexual risk for HIV is not a complicated matter as has already been explained to you. As long as you consistently use latex condoms for vaginal or anal intercourse you are well protected. Everything else is strictly theoretical as far as risk is concerned. Period.

You've been told all of this more than once. You need to stop and think and perhaps re-read what has already been said to you rather than panicking and coming here everytime you have sex or get scared. Continuing to do that is going to get you a Time Out from this site. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 12:39:40 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 12:36:21 pm »
can,

Fingering with a cut is not a risk for hiv infection.

You've been coming here for over a year and a half now - you should know this basic stuff by now. We're not here to hold your hand every time you have a sexual experience. LEARN this stuff and apply it to your own life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline canitbe

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 11:22:33 am »
Thanks for your answers,anniebc ,RapidRod ,Andy and Ann.I am very sorry to  troubling all of you answer my questions again and again.
But ,in CHINA(PR.),people say touching or fingering a woman's vagina  when you have a cut ,oral ,kissing anus with blood are  dangerous.
When you have such kind of behaviors,people always say"you'd better to have HIV test ".It is difficult to get the right answers.
Have friends like you ,is my luck.
Thank you very much.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.