Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:19:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 228
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: who do we complain to?  (Read 3578 times)

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
who do we complain to?
« on: December 12, 2006, 07:50:33 pm »
i mean really. i know the meds are more tolerable then ever but not tolerable enough! i am on Atripla and hate the side effects. my roommate was on Kaletra and had the shits. it seems those are my only choices. which one do you wanna deal with for the rest of your life? more really needs to be done. i don't want to sound ungrateful in anyway but come on i can't really see going on forever like this.
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

Offline FiercenBed

Re: who do we complain to?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 08:20:54 pm »
im on board w/ ya! iv bn taking kaletra & truvada for 6 months and wind up in vl failure. I want my $12,000 dollars back from Abbott.

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 11:57:49 pm »
Antibody,

Please don't leave with the impression that anyone working in the field is resting on their laurels. The key is to create something to get people OFF meds. If you want the next leap in treatment, this is where it should come from. For the here and now, there are issues of resistance that need addressing too, but a mid-term goal has to be to get people to take simpler or better tolerated treatment.

Rich
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 01:24:46 pm »
the whole thing is for people to not become positive to begin with.  i appreciate all the work drug developers  do to help make this disease more managable. all i was saying is i'm not happy with the options, either i have CNS effects or GI problems. pick your torture, i mean treatment. look i know all medicines are harsh cancer treatment and chemo is got to be excurciating. i am not ungratefull for being able to stay well long enough to find better treatments. i was just bitching. and by the way who do we bitch to really? the drug makers? doctors? congressman? i have no idea but all i can feel is they have all accepted the side effects and the people who have to take the drugs don't.
ps sorry for my rambling run sentence.
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 07:02:05 pm »
I know you are just bitching. My point wasn't to say, "Be lucky to get anything" but that things are being done to improve things. You can bitch to me. I am listening.

R
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.