Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:55:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 232
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: back from my time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 55306 times)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: i really need answers now!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2006, 10:46:54 pm »
Love,

We've all read your other thread and are familiar with what you claim to have happened. I agree with Andy when he suggests that you get your confirmation in writing doll. In this latest phone call, your doctor did say you had returned both a positive ELISA and a positive Western Blot, didn't s/he?

Sometimes there are misunderstandings about this stuff. You owe it to yourself and to us to get this confirmed one way or another.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2006, 05:43:19 pm »
Also no less to the point Love is what were your doctor's comments about further tests which would provide the indications for treatment, if any, etc.?

I notice that you are bopping into various other sections to inquire about polls related to vaccines, etc.

How about concentrating on your own immediate health situation and keeping us informed about what's happening with that?

Andy Velez

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2006, 08:04:20 pm »
Also no less to the point Love is what were your doctor's comments about further tests which would provide the indications for treatment, if any, etc.?sorry andy ill get yomy labs this week for you and the guys. i also have had these weird red patchs on my tongue since the one month exposure and they wont go away! my immune system must really be down!!!!llabs are comn

I notice that you are bopping into various other sections to inquire about polls related to vaccines, etc.

How about concentrating on your own immediate health situation and keeping us informed about what's happening with that?

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2006, 08:05:08 pm »
Also no less to the point Love is what were your doctor's comments about further tests which would provide the indications for treatment, if any, etc.?

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2006, 08:06:04 pm »
Also no less to the point Love is what were your doctor's comments about further tests which would provide the indications for treatment, if any, etc.?sorry andy my labs are comn this week and i will get them to you asap.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2006, 08:06:38 pm »
    hi quote author=Andy Velez link=topic=3528.msg40536#msg40536 date=1157492599]

[/quote]

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2006, 08:08:57 pm »
 sorry andy ill get you my labs as soon as i can just for you and rapid. andy i have had these red patchs on my tongue i month since i was infected and they wont go away? do you think my immune system is that low by now?? talk to you soon andy thanks  [      quote author=Andy Velez link=topic=3528.msg40536#msg40536 date=1157492599]

[/quote]

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2006, 08:11:52 pm »
Love,

You need to ask your doctor to give you your positive test results in writing. To be confirmed as HIV positive you need to have:

1. A positive ELISA test result

AND

2. A positive Western Blot test result

Until you have unimpeachable evidence of BOTH of these, you cannot be considered HIV positive.

Make an appointment to see your doctor.

MtD

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2006, 09:40:55 pm »
You know what is really sad about this thread and your thread in the "Am I Infected" forum?  You really WANT to be HIV positive.

Speaking for those of us who REALLY are positive...............you should seek some counseling.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline LOVELIFE

how long can hiv live outside the body experts?????
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2006, 09:00:23 am »
well a friend of mine who thinks he might have been infected on purpose as well just informed me that my sitiuation was simliar to his. what i want to know from the experts is just how long the virus can live out of the human body? the way that i think i became infected is probably the same way my friend could be infected with the person putting his blood or semen which has the virus into the tip of the condom then placing it on the penis therfore allowing the virus itself the chance to enter into the top of the penis opening and infect the partner. this is probably how i got infected but i really didnt know hiv could live out of the body. if the semen was kept in a needle then used later i guess the virus could survive for as long as it wants> well this sitiuation is simliar to mine and after speaking to my doc he said it is possible for the virus to enter into the opening of the penis and infect a person that way.well rapid i love waiting to hear your replys so take a shot at this one and let me have it! i even tried this with a condom and the semen or saliva will stay in the tip of the condom without pouring out therefore allowing the condom to be put on with the liqiud still in the dome!!!!!

Offline fred

Re: how long can hiv live outside the body experts?????
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2006, 09:07:38 am »
FFS

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2006, 09:09:32 am »
Has your friend been tested or is he just speculating that he's infected?

If he has any doubts about his status he should get tested at 13 weeks past the most recent incident of concern. 

Andy Velez

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2006, 09:14:49 am »
Has your friend been tested or is he just speculating that he's infected?

If he has any doubts about his status he should get tested at 13 weeks past the most recent incident of concern. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: tests are 3 days late now worried?
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2006, 09:15:32 am »
Life,

How many times do you need to be told to STOP starting new threads?

You are on very thin ice in these forums. It seems to me - and the other moderators - that you are only here to cause trouble. It's time for you to wise up.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2006, 12:02:08 pm »
dear ann im not here to cause any problems at all for anyone i have enough problems already with my situation,. ann i just told the fact of how this person infected me and because no one is making a commit on this i think that you and all others could agree that this is a possible way that you could be infected on purpose by someone is it not? i have read some of your comments that it would take louds of blood to infect someone during oral sex but i have also read on most sites that oral is risky and you only have to have small cut and a bit of blood or semen to become infected this way. pleaese respond to this senario and let us know if you think this would be a way to infect a person while using a condom? i just spoke to a aids worker from toronto and she said that it would be very tough to infect someone this way but what about the opening of the penis is this not a direct route ann??? please answer and ill stop starting new threads and stay in my boundries!!!! thanks ann     
Life,

How many times do you need to be told to STOP starting new threads?

You are on very thin ice in these forums. It seems to me - and the other moderators - that you are only here to cause trouble. It's time for you to wise up.

Ann

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2006, 12:22:37 pm »
Life,

To be blunt, no one is commenting on your "situation" because quite frankly, we don't believe a word of it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2006, 12:35:50 pm »
 ann i know this is a tough pill to swallow but please ann im not try to start shit or problems. we just need your answer of what you think if this could have been the route of infection even with a small amount of blood or semen? is this enough to infect someone or does hiv have little chance outside the body? in a needle i have been told it could last up 2 weeks and in liquid with it could last up to a week? please ann we need a answer if this is a way to infect someone  or would it be just to hard! 
Life,

To be blunt, no one is commenting on your "situation" because quite frankly, we don't believe a word of it.

Ann

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2006, 01:25:26 pm »
Ann has already responded to you. Our position about what is possible theoretically and what actually happens in the real world is quite clear. It's evident in many responses as well as in the transmission lesson on this site.   

If your "friend" has a concern then he/she should get tested. It's not a complicated situation.

You keep insisting that we should comment on "is this possible?...." We're not going to say anything beyond what we have already.

And you don't have a choice about whether you can continue to begin new threads or not.

You'll get banned if you insist on following your own ideas instead of our rules. So don't imagine you can do whatever you like here and thusly force us into saying more than we want to.

Since we seem not to be satisfying your wishes or needs you are always free to go elsewhere where perhaps you will find a more responsive and informed reception.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 01:31:18 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline LOVELIFE

need some help with this everyone?
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2006, 09:20:30 am »
thanks for answering andy and i hope this is where you wanted me to go if not very sorry. well i just got my tests back and like the experts said the doc did scare me and im not yet hiv pos i think. i did my tests at the 9 week and 4 day period and this isnt the 12 week mark or 13 but is pretty close which is why im concerend. my tests are as follows;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
the elisa was reactive
the pcr was neg
the p24 was neg
the western blot was great that it was neg

i have been speaking to many pros and aids experts about this elisa being reactive and they have said that it is not uncommon for this to happen to people that it is the wbt that is the final answer. they have all said that many factors can make a elisa react like this so i shouldnt be scared but iam. my question to them was "if the elisa was to pick up hiv in my body then wouldnt the wbt have some kind of reading of hiv or would it miss it compltely?:" the doc told me that if the elisa picked up hiv then the wbt would for sure have read onto something and not have come back neg. is the doc right or can you have the elisa read hiv and the wbt not pick it up not to forget the other two tests not picking anything up as well???? i was tested for all the heps at the same time and those were neg so the elisa wasnt picking up that i dont think anyways. i did have a blood transfusion over 20 years ago so the doc said maybe that could be it but i also have had warts but who really knows all i am really scared about is can the elisa say yes to hiv and the others say no i have been all over the net and they all say that the wbt is the final result period end of story go home and have a glass of wine? did i test to early everyone because all the health care workers said the 9 week is 85% and the fact that the wbt said neg is even better! please i need some real answers thanks everyone!

Offline Dachshund

Re: need some help with this everyone?
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2006, 09:23:34 am »
Your questions have been answered time and again in Am I Infected. I'm sure Anne and Andy will set you and the record straight in no time.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2006, 09:25:24 am »
thanks dash hound but im just scared about that reactive elisa test. what do you think?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2006, 09:27:03 am »
thanks dash hound but im just scared about that reactive elisa test. what do you think?

I think you are grasping at straws.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2006, 09:31:20 am »
what do you mean dash? do you think the 9 week was good enough?

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2006, 09:36:06 am »
IF YOU TRULY "LOVELIFE",  then why are you in the "Living with HIV/AIDS Forum", harrassing people who are struggling to have a normal existence with this bug in their veins????????????

If you truly care about people and "LOVE LIFE", then stick with the forum that you are supposed to be in.  We have a life with HIV to figure out here, and frankly we don't have the time to answer questions that have been answered over and over and over and over again.

Not impresssed!
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2006, 09:37:38 am »
what do you mean dash? do you think the 9 week was good enough?

Look, leave me out of this...it is obvious no answer will satisfy you. You will just come back and start a new thread and get the same answers. I will let the moderators deal with your problems...your problems are above my pay grade.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2006, 09:54:22 am »
im truly sorry i thought this is where andy wanted me to post please move this to its best spot sorry guys>

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2006, 09:59:04 am »
LL, I told you exactly what to do when you PM'd me. You need to notify readers in your previously established threads that you have tested negative on the western blot. Which means you are HIV negative. Period.

Your anxiety is a separate issue.

I am locking this thread and other than entering the above in your previous thread in the I JUST TESTED POZ section to indicate your negative status on wb, you need to stay out of the HIV positive sections from now on or you are going to get banned.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 10:00:43 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline LOVELIFE

Re: tests are back and still scared
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2006, 10:18:55 am »
sorry for posting in the wrong part andy. well just got the tests back and like the experts said the doc did scare me. i dont think im hiv pos yet but still very confused. i did my tests at the 9 week and 4 day period and the results were as follows...................elisa was shown to be reactive
                                                        the pcr was neg
                                                        the p24 was neg
                                                        the western blot was neg

i have been speaking to many hiv workers this past week about the elisa being reactive and they have said that is not uncommon for this to happen and that its the wbt that will make the final  outcome. they have said that many factors can make the elisa react like this so i shouldnt be scared at all. my worry is if the elisa was to pick up hiv in my body then why didnt the others or for that matter the wbt pick it up? can the elisa read hiv and the wbt test miss it?
could the elisa pick up hiv and the other two miss it?
i have been to some sites and they all say that if the elisa was to pick up hiv then the wbt would have had some kind of reaction in the lab 100% for sure so the doc said whatever tipped the elisa off was not hiv but rather something else. it cant be hep cause i had them all done at the same time and they all came back neg which was great so i wonder what could have triggered it to be reactive that is my big worry> i really hope im not one of those people who hasnt shown any antibodies yet and may still be infected> i guess what i need to know is if the elisa was triggered by hiv then would the others not show something at all? the aids help line worker said if the elisa was hiv then the wbt would have given some kind of reaction period end of story, she alos said she has never heard of a elisa being reactive with hiv and the wbt not picking it up as well it just doesnt happen> can someone please help me out with all this whos right and whats going on here! thanks everyone!!!!!!

Offline RapidRod

Re: tests are back and still scared
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2006, 10:22:13 am »
You're negative.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2006, 10:24:55 am »
hi rapid thanks but can the elisa pick up hiv and not the wbt?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2006, 10:26:34 am »
Dear All,

THE BOTTOM LINE AFTER ALL THIS STURM UND DRANG is that LL has tested negative on the western blot.
Whenever there is a positive or inconclusive ELISA, a negative on the western blot always trumps the ELISA.

He is HIV negative. Period.

The rest is all about HIV hysteria.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2006, 10:26:50 am »
Life,

I've merged your three threads together - your original, the one from the Newly diagnosed forum and the one you started today in the Living forum. I see you've posted random posts in other forums as well - do not continue doing that. THIS is the ONLY forum you should post in.

As you have been repeatedly told, you did NOT have a risk of hiv infection in anything you have brought to this forum. You had a false positive ELISA test - they can happen for all sorts of reasons - but your subsequent testing proves that you are hiv negative. No surprise there as you never had a risk to begin with.

The WB test is ALWAYS use to confirm a positive ELISA. This is standard proceedure.

You do NOT have hiv.

Don't let me catch you posting in any other forum again.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2006, 10:27:11 am »
You're negative period. WB is the conclusion.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2006, 10:31:36 am »
okay rapid im neg and yes ann ill stay in here from now on. no has really answered what i wanted and that is can the elisa pick up hiv and the others miss it even the wbt which some say is 99.3% . im still worried and is the 9week long enough? doc whants me to retest what do you think rapid?

Offline fred

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2006, 10:33:15 am »
Congratulations on your negative status !  :D

Well, who'd have thought it ?

Offline RapidRod

Re: tests are in! re.test or not?
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2006, 10:38:36 am »
You can retest all you want, your negative status is not going to change.

Offline hercules

• Standard
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2006, 10:40:23 am »
Ok i haven't signed in for a long time but i still read the forums, Lovelife i owned a restaurant in 2001 and cheated on my wife with a waitress, in 2002 i moved to Greece and july of 2004 i went and gave blood at the hospital a week later they called me back to run my blood through the not elisa but axman (don't know how to spell it but it's pronouced like that) screening test, then they sent out to the lab in Athens for a western blot i waited a full anxiety week when it returned it was good news negative and it happened again in april 2005 but again western blot negative. I still get anxiety attacks but i owe a big thank you to everybody here at aidsmeds they know what they are talking about.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2006, 10:44:24 am »
thanks herc. so i guess its safe to say that if the elisa or any other pre screening test picks up hiv then is safe to say that the other following tests would test pos as well including the big one the wbt? dont know what would have made this be reactive but herc im still only at the 9 and half week point? i still have weird patchs on my tongue and spots along the inner cheeks that come and go in 24 hours no more then 48 so do you really think im in the clear?

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2006, 10:52:07 am »
ann can you please clear up the possibility of the elisa picking up hiv and not the other tests? can the wbt miss the hiv all together if the elisa picked it up? everyone i have spoke to says it would be 100% impossible for me to show hiv on elisa and not have something come back on the wbt! is this true or not?
please answer experts>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Offline hercules

• Standard
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2006, 10:54:17 am »
Well from what i have read is this if someone is truely positive, they say that the western blot would be negative in the window period, or if your so sick that your body has no antibodies, or hiv2 but i have been told that even if someone has hiv2 would show up indetermenet on western blot hiv1. but come on now i am 41yrs old and i've had hundreds of unprotected blow jobs the only thing i ever got was warts in 1990, but it's even been yrs since i had a wart pop back up.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2006, 10:55:31 am »
How many times have you been told that you CAN get a false positive? The WB confirms if the test was false or positive and in your case you are negative. WB will not give you a incorrect test result. This is it we don't need to discuss this any further.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2006, 10:59:25 am »
Life,

can the wbt miss the hiv all together if the elisa picked it up?
NO!

everyone i have spoke to says it would be 100% impossible for me to show hiv on elisa and not have something come back on the wbt!
TRUE

Life, how many times do you have to be told that getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection? You didn't have a risk, you didn't need to test and you are hiv NEGATIVE.

Keep this up and you will earn yourself a four week time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2006, 11:08:49 am »
thankyou very much ann and no i wont need a time out i can assure you of that thnaks for the quotes and just one more thing is that i know im not past the window of 12 or 13 weeks but with this being said can the elisa pick up the hiv and not the wbt and the other two that i had done? i know you answered this close to this but herc said he has read that the elisa can say yes to hiv and the wbt if not past the window period yet?

please ann i need your reserach to get me out of my stress and anxiety! was 9 and half weeks to early for me to show???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2006, 11:41:42 am »
Life,

I'm going to say this one more time.

You did not have a risk.

You are not in a window period.

You are hiv negative.

Period. End of story.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline deepblue

« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2006, 11:43:38 am »
Hey Life,

Thanks God you come back with a Negative result.  Your false alarm made me up all night yesterday worrying about my test at 4 week.  

Good luck with your test.  No doubt Negative.

Offline hercules

• Standard
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2006, 12:02:42 pm »
thankyou very much ann and no i wont need a time out i can assure you of that thnaks for the quotes and just one more thing is that i know im not past the window of 12 or 13 weeks but with this being said can the elisa pick up the hiv and not the wbt and the other two that i had done? i know you answered this close to this but herc said he has read that the elisa can say yes to hiv and the wbt if not past the window period yet?

please ann i need your reserach to get me out of my stress and anxiety! was 9 and half weeks to early for me to show???
Listen to what they are telling you, they know. Over here in Greece and alot of european countries window period is 8 weeks, i am just telling you what i read but i really know the truth is what everybody here say's and what the lab in Athens has told me is that the western blot is the gold standard and mistakes cannot happen with the western blot if it's negative your negative, if it's indetermenet then you need to retest again in a month or so, if it's positive then you are positive.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2006, 12:31:06 pm »
so i guess everyone is telling me that if the elisa found anything to do with hiv then the other tests including the wbt would have had to have had some kind of reaction to this right ???????

elisa just cant find some hiv and the others not right??

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2006, 12:33:30 pm »
 heu blue   are you going to have more tests done or are you alright with the 4 week test? i still have some strange looking white and red patchs on my tongue and this is what keeps me scared? doc and dentist say its geographic tongue but i dont know  [     quote author=deepblue link=topic=3131.msg43250#msg43250 date=1158162218]
Hey Life,

Thanks God you come back with a Negative result.  Your false alarm made me up all night yesterday worrying about my test at 4 week.  

Good luck with your test.  No doubt Negative.
[/quote]

Offline hercules

• Standard
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2006, 12:37:43 pm »
In a positive screening test they cannot say you are hiv positive until the western blot is done, a positive elisa tries to find anybody suspected in being hiv positive.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2006, 12:41:42 pm »
thanks herc so if the elisa found hiv then the wbt would have confirmed this right? what do you think triggered the elisa to test reactive? i did have a blood transfusion 20 years ago but i dont know what made this go off!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.