Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:35:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773226
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 419
Total: 420

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: virtual skip  (Read 3249 times)

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
virtual skip
« on: May 13, 2007, 06:29:52 am »
[This post, kind of virtual skip in which to dump head contents]

I went away for a few days. Hauled a pharmacy of meds to the portugese coast, then crashed out in the sunshine & listened to the ocean. They smile at you there. Proper smile, sparkly eyes. It was nice.
Coming back through Gatwick arrivals, felt the stomach turning hollowness.  best, number 1 girl was not there to meet me. best number 1 girl won't ever be there to meet me again. She, getting married in a few weeks, to a woman who wears heels & has never heard of james taylor. Lesson #42 - don't matter how ace your solicitor is, they can't get you the rest of your heart back.

no idea why I am posting this really, addressing who..? Perhaps I shd put a :) in here somewhere. that seems to make things less uncomfortable

I try to set small goals. Today I am going to… but no. Socks remain unpaired. Plants stay in pots. Letters don't get written. My body seems to have decided to give up on me. Like, energy gone, proper listless. If I were a dog, nose would be dry & coat dull. I don't look in mirrors anymore. Don't recognise the person looking back.

Seem to have taken up permanent residence in my own little world. I used to leave fairly regularly to check in with the rest of planet earth. Now, just kinda stay there. It's quiet there, lots of sleep, soft colours, woolly jumpers. Bit outside though, bit looking in. probably how pigeons feel, peering through windows. Question: can you miss yourself..?

I average <10 words out loud/day at the moment. Most of those are yes, no and sorry. Sometimes I push the boat out, groups of words like "no, he's not here right now, can I take a message" or "the tree fern looks happier over there". they take more energy, profound statements like that. Funny, because I've always loved words, the using of them.

I imagine scientist somewhere studying me ze subject does not appear to rrrespond to ze stimuli…. like this weird, no feeling place, not hungry, not thirsty, not pain. just cold. tired & cold.

went to use the phone last week, & realised something. almost everyone who understood, really understood, is gone. I seem to have lost them somewhere along the way. very careless of me.

Spent some time with my rock collection this morning, humming along to the sound of rain. Rearranging them, remembering where they all came from. I found some nice ones while I was away. I have put them at the front, where I can see them first.

kate

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
Re: virtual skip
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 08:01:24 am »
Penguin,

I have read your recent posts for some background info and I found that you are so diverse and colourful, even this post is colurful, but sometimes, we can be lost in a sea of words.

and it is awfully drab outside (we have the same weather system), also, I have to write something equally drab for my work, because I have been sick this week, and all I wanna do is sleep

but still a few days ago you were in that picture and I was in Venice, that's something right?
Take care
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 09:05:16 am »
Dear Katie,

Portugal to your flat via a train out of Gatwick and a basket full of unmatched socks...sounds like my life without the holiday. The socks are all the same sitting there in the basket, it's easier if I don't add any color.

Hal :-*

Offline Iggy

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 11:07:25 am »
Not sure either who you or addressing or why - but wow!  You gave voice to so many things in my own head and it's nice to know that the sound I'm hearing is not my thoughts echoing in solitude but them being voiced by another.

Offline asaint

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 01:26:40 pm »
You must be my long lost twin
Bob
6/11 VL <50   CD4 (9%)   CD8 (54%}

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 02:04:13 pm »
Kate:
    I know what you're saying about people who understood being gone.  I don't know any other HIV+ women in my town.  I used to know and communicate regularly with two, but they're dead.
     I have these same moods sometime.  But not like I used to.  I hope you're feeling better soon. 
Peace-
Betty :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 02:15:27 pm »
(((((((Kate)))))))
Consider yourself cyber-hugged big time.
We're going for coffee/beer/whatever when I get back to British soil...
Check your inbox missy!

Healing thoughts
Melia xxx
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 04:55:08 pm »
Kate,

An astonishingly beautiful post. :-*

MtD

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 05:15:20 am »
thank you, all of you - Kate x

(melia, coffee, but we will pretend that it's beer)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 06:27:20 am »
Dear Kate

I agree with Matty, this is a very beautiful post and moved me beyond words.

went to use the phone last week, & realised something. almost everyone who understood, really understood, is gone. I seem to have lost them somewhere along the way. very careless of me

This left me feeling very sad, and becasue I have no words of wisdom to share with you...helpless.

(((hugs)))
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.