Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 08:08:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: French Kissing  (Read 18839 times)

Offline Help

French Kissing
« on: November 16, 2007, 12:56:58 pm »
Please help!!!!

I afraid if I put myself at risk for HIV from french kissing.  I tested for HIV 1/2 3 weeks after the incident and luckily it came back Negative.  Do I need to test at 13 weeks?????

Here is the incident in detail I will tell you:

October 13 - I met a man that I have been only communicating with via internet after 3 years for the first time. I brushed and flossed my teeth at 5 pm. He came to pick me up at 6:30 pm. When I got in the car it took me very long to look at him. As soon as I got in the car we talked and drove straight to a sports bar. We went right in as soon as we got there. We ended up watching the leafs game. We stayed there until 10 pm then we got into his car. We french kissed for 15 minutes and I touched his groin area (but he had his pants on - I didn't see or touch his penis at all - I touched from on top of the jeans - so I touched his jeans only - there was no skin-to-skin contact. Then he drove me home. On the way home I didn't kiss him at all.

October 15 - He came to pick me up and we went directly to a coffee shop near my home and as soon as we got there we went inside. He picked me up around 8:05, and when he picked me up we went directly in the coffee shop (no kissing or touching took place) we had coffee and talked inside the coffee shop. I didn't brush or floss cause I didn't want to get blood in case we kissed. So instead I chewed gum. We left around 9:30 pm. He tried kissing me in the car but I only kissed him on the cheeks and gave him a closed-mouth kiss (no french kissing took place). He drove me home and that was it (no kissing).

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: French Kissing
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 01:28:48 pm »
There was absolutely no risk for HIV transmission whatsoever in these incidents you have described.

Please read our lesson on Transmission which gives you all the basics on the subject. There's a connection to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

You are worrying needlessly. But you do need to become educated about the real risks.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline Help

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 01:30:22 pm »
Andy I truly respect and appreciate you as one of the mods.
I am afraid of something though...... I never experienced a soar throat and one month after the french kissing I am experiencing soar throat and green phlem I afraid for hiv

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 01:51:56 pm »
Those are not in anyway HIV specific symptoms. You don't get HIV in the manner you are concerned about. Go see your doctor about throat and anything else that's going on. This is NOT an HIV situation. Period. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Help

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 02:05:38 pm »
Andy do you think I require a final test?

When is a person required to have an HIV test (what types of activities require hiv testing)

I am afraid cause I brushed and flossed my teeth 4 hours to 5 hours prior to french kissing

and I didn't notice the status of inside his mouth..... there was no visible blood and I didn't taste any blood for that matter

I bit his chin....... I didn't see blood though I didn't bite it hard it was "play chin bitting"

Thanks Andy

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 02:15:20 pm »
No, I don't think any testing is necessary.

Unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse are the essential indicators sexually for getting tested.

Nothing you have described put you at risk.
Andy Velez

Offline Help

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 02:24:12 pm »
Andy how many people have gotten infected with hiv from french kissing?

from your observation how are people mostly infected with HIV?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 03:36:08 pm »
None documented from french kissing.

Unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse are the primary sexual risks.
Andy Velez

Offline Help

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 04:40:02 pm »
There is a guy I know and he told me he tested for hiv

My question is as follows:

what type of test is this:

"HIV-1 Antibody by enzymes immunoassay (eia) with reflux to western blot CB test HIV 1/AB=Non-Reactive

HIV Western Blot = N/A

What does all this mean?

Was this a routine test or confirmatory?

Is my friend negative or not?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 04:42:59 pm »
It means he's HIV negative. I mean what do you think "non-reactive" means?

You can't contract HIV from french kissing.

MtD
(Who honestly wonders about some people)

Offline Help

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 04:46:53 pm »
thanks matty I guess what I am asking is why did it say "with reflux to western blot"

was the elisa negative or did they have to perform the western blot

I don't get the part about "western blot = N/A"

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 04:52:32 pm »
Quote from Matty.

Please keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

I have deleted your last thread, so please keep all your questions in this one from now on...thank you.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Help

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 12:16:37 am »
what are the chances of someone testing negative if all they did was french kiss

is a test even required for french kissing

the lady at the Aids and sexual health clinic told me I should test for peace of mind...... just the thought that she told me to test scares me :(

Please I would appreciate your input

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 12:48:39 am »
No, you cannot contract HIV from french kissing. You do not have HIV.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 08:40:33 am »
Help,

Kissing is not and never has been a risk for hiv infection. Not one single person has ever been infected in this manner and you will not be the first. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

Along with reading the forum posting guidelines and the Transmission lesson - found in the Welcome Thread - read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line. Use condoms correctly and consistently for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

You will not be permitted to use this forum to repeatedly ask the same questions about your NO RISK event that you do NOT need to test over.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Help

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 08:59:08 am »
Ok I have one final questions

the CDC says that there is only ONE documented case....how did the woman get HIV from french kissing the HIV positive man?????

Also, I brushed and flossed my teeth 4 hours prior to the french kissing..... is that safe?

Offline Help

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 09:23:03 am »
Does anyone know where I can find a sexual activity risk chart?????

Also is french kissing considered a sexual activity?

Thank you to all

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 09:26:49 am »
Help,

French kissing is not a risk activity.

MtD

Offline Help

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 09:34:14 am »
would you say it is no risk, very low risk, cause I get confused some people say no and some say low

some say I don't need testing some say I do

I would like to have a STD risk chart so I know what I activities are safe if in the future I find a special someone

Thanks so much for all your help and knowledge

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 11:29:33 am »
We don't provide a risk chart. You can read our lesson on transmission if you haven't already done so, which will give you the basics you need to know about what's risky and what isn't.

As you have been told repeatedly, French kissing is not a risk for transmission. If you keep searching the net you are certain to find things that will erroneously feed your worst fears. There's no need for you to get tested. The woman who told you that you could do it for your peace of mind was likely gathering that you were very anxious and that perhaps that help you to let go of this unwarranted fear. Instead you took the suggestion as yet another reason to worry further.

If you come back here with yet another "final" question about French kissing you're going to get a Time Out. Consider yourself warned.

Andy Velez

Offline Help

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2007, 09:24:24 am »
What are all the sexual and non-sexual precautions a person must take to keep their negative hiv status?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 09:29:30 am »
Help,

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will remain hiv negative. It really is that simple!

Did you read through the condom and lube links in my signature line and the transmission lesson like you've been asked? We're not here to answer questions we have already provided the answers for. The warning Andy gave you about excessive posting still stands.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Help

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 09:34:16 am »
Ok thank you Ann

However, I have just one question...... people come into the "Am I infected" saying they got infected in other ways other than unprotected sex and sharing needles (which I thought those where the only way you can get HIV)  they confuse us users that come here seeking true knowledge

Offline Help

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 09:34:50 am »
Sorry wasn't a question more like a statement

Offline Help

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2007, 09:36:25 am »
Hey Ann

I went to your signature line and I went into the website you had a link to and it actually has a sexual risk activity chart only thing is it is written in amsterdam language anyway I can find somewhere that has that in english

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 09:59:06 am »
Help,

The chart on that site is new and I suspect an English translation from the Dutch will be added soon. In the meantime:

http://www.dph.sf.ca.us/sfcityclinic/stdbasics/stdchart.asp

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Help

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 10:05:59 am »
Thanks Ann

Offline Help

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 10:08:02 am »
it doesn't mention anything about french kissing

it says "kissing" only but that is at the bottom

* Kissing, mutual masturbation, and frottage or dry humping are considered safer sex activities, with little to no risk of STD transmission.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2007, 10:15:26 am »
Help,

As you've been REPEATEDLY told, kissing, "french" or otherwise, is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

I'm afraid you've worn out your welcome. I'm giving you that 28 day time out you've been warned about. Do not create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.