Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:00:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 608
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 593
Total: 594

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: new news  (Read 5301 times)

Offline Peter6836

• Me and my Granddaughter Noa
new news
« on: August 01, 2008, 09:52:13 am »
after the change in meds things are going better for right now. I had a good nights sleep and woke up more refreshed. I have found out that because I am HIV positive the state will pay my cobra they are sending me the paper work. So I have another option I sent out my disability retirement forms, and am working on my SSDI paperwork, I have to wait for the Doctors. ADAP is also being worked on. I have a job interview next week for an intake person at a mental health clinic (well I can relate to them). I am pleased already with my new psych because things seem to be better. So I am still in limbo but my AIDS ASO tell me that I am doing the right things and that I do not need much of his help at this time. Although he was helpful and very nice. I just wish I could get some results from all that I am doing.
Thanks for all you support do not forget me, you help me greatly. Such support and good wishes from all your all great.
Peter

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
Re: new news
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 12:12:20 pm »
Peter -- definitely sounds like progress.  A day at a time.  A day at a time.

xoxo

Peter

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 03:13:31 pm »
Glad that things are getting better for you and you really sound positive too.

Take care; Alain

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 10:08:57 am »
Thats great that things are starting to fall into place.

It's amazing how they expect someone who is sick to fill out all those forms and jump through the government hoops but just know it can be done and everyone here is pulling for you.

A good nights sleep can make all the difference in the world.  My doctor gave me a prescription for sleeping medication and it really helped out.

Best of Luck,
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline Peter6836

• Me and my Granddaughter Noa
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 02:27:56 pm »
OH hell they seem to be going well then this. Now I am in a true manic state. I am running like a chicken with its head cut off. Made a formal dinner for some friends that are moving. Linen and all. I am drinking cognac with my coffee. I am a mess today cleaned and staged the house. They are all moving and when they get here I will be dressed in all black with a chinese shirt and carneleon jewlery. Just the way I want to be buried some day.
Thanks for all your good wishes,
I Love you guys.
Peter

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.