Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:39:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772948
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 471
Total: 472

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ADD + Depression + pain killers = BAD MIX  (Read 11616 times)

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
ADD + Depression + pain killers = BAD MIX
« on: March 19, 2008, 02:43:44 pm »
I haven't been around much lately, although I do look at the posts daily. 
I don't know if you remember about my Dysplasia and the "procedure" I had done back in December of 2007....well the surgery was successfull but I fell into a spiral downhill fall since and just recently started to feel better.
I decided to stop taking my ADD meds and my Cymbalta for the PN and depression...hey I was feeling pretty good and didn't think I needed it anymore.....
than came surgery and the recovery was very painful to say the least....so I had an unlimited supply of vicodin...and I was popping them like they were tic-tacs....
a month into my "post op" recovery I found myself so fucking depressed and even more frustrated than anything else...i just couldn't function, I just slept and ate ice cream!!!!
It took me a good month to realize who depressed I've become again and I decided that as much as don't want to take any more pills than I have to take, unfortunately my ADD meds and my Cymbalta are 2 of the meds I have to take.....
so after this "episode" I am finally back to being myself again....and I learned my lesson...I HAVE MAJOR ADD and I DO HAVE DEPRESSION....and I have to be on meds for that too.....

anyhow....I'm glad to be back

Rich
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: ADD + Depression + pain killers = BAD MIX
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 03:01:31 pm »
Glad to have you back, Rich!

Love & Stuff,

Tim
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 03:19:39 pm »
Rich,

I too am glad that you are back from your downward spiral.  And happy that the surgery was successful.

Meds are funny like that, sometimes:  when you feel better, sometimes you think you don't need to take
them any longer.  I'm glad you realized that they are right and necessary for you.

Hugs,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline rick21007

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 04:45:35 pm »
Rich---my hat is off to you for doin' the work to get yourself back to where you need to be.  Not an easy thang to do.

Rick

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 06:18:31 pm »
Rich, I've been on the narcotics merry-go-round before.  It's not an easy thing to come back from.  Glad you made it back. :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 07:01:25 pm »
Rich, I've been on the narcotics merry-go-round before.  It's not an easy thing to come back from.  Glad you made it back. :-*
and the scary part was I had no idea I was so hooked on those suckers...it is like a big blur from December until the end of February.  The worst part was once I realized what was going on...I threw them out and then I could not sleep, I was itching and a total BITCH...it was as bad as coming down from dirty acid tabs... :o

thank you all for the words of encouragement
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 08:47:34 am »
I'm glad you're back Rich, and getting back to yourself.

This experience is a good warning for all to always discuss potential side effects including addiction with a doctor who is prescribing this kind of medication.

Glad you made it through, Rich.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 10:51:04 am »
Nothing quite like withdrawal from pharmaceutical narcotics. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.