Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 10:38:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: BANNED PROFILE  (Read 3904 times)

Offline skycee

• oh you are having a bad day? Did you die?
BANNED PROFILE
« on: January 17, 2013, 09:24:45 am »
Good day all.

For some days now I have been able to access the site from my tablet and my mobile phone and I keep getting the message that I have been banned from using the forum! repeatedly asking about a no risk situation and conclusive negative result. Permanent ban :o.....This ban is not set to expire :'(

Since I joined the forum, I cant remember ever getting a warning or repeatedly posting about a no risk situation hence I am still in awe how I managed to get myself banned. I 1st got the message when I tried access the forum on my tab on Saturday, it logged me on via my phone however i couldn't gain access on my tab. By Sunday my phone was blocked too.

I am currently using my laptop to access the forum and I have a feeling that this may be blocked too if the issue is not resolved.

I find strength and support here and do plea that my profile be grant access back into the forum.

Thank you
Infected September's 2012
Seroconverted October 2012
Elisa test- indeterminate 20th November. 2012
Rapid test - Negative 23th November 2012
Elisa test - Positive 10th December 2012
CD4 - 546, 12th Dec 2012
CD4 600+, VL 6702 26th March 2013

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: BANNED PROFILE
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 09:42:24 am »
Hey there.

For what it's worth, I reported this post to the moderating staff. If you were banned by mistake (seems likely) then it ought to be taken care of pretty soon. I reported it in case it took a while for a moderator to get to the Off Topic forum and find your post here.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 12:01:32 pm »
Hey Skycee... That is your punishment for encouraging tolerance of each other on the Uniben thread!

Just joking, hopefully you get this worked out.

JM
03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD
??/??/2017 Descov & Tivicay
2017 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850
2018 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 03:41:10 pm »
I thought you wouldn't be able to post, if your were banned.  Otherwise, banned folks could just keep posting.

On a similar note, when warnings are given, are they also sent to the members inbox?   I mean, I see people warned in threads and wonder what happens if they never check back in on that thread. 

Offline skycee

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 12:11:26 am »
Hey there.

For what it's worth, I reported this post to the moderating staff. If you were banned by mistake (seems likely) then it ought to be taken care of pretty soon. I reported it in case it took a while for a moderator to get to the Off Topic forum and find your post here.

Thanks JK. I do appreciate

Hey Skycee... That is your punishment for encouraging tolerance of each other on the Uniben thread!

Just joking, hopefully you get this worked out.

JM

JM you sure got me there

I thought you wouldn't be able to post, if your were banned.  Otherwise, banned folks could just keep posting.

On a similar note, when warnings are given, are they also sent to the members inbox?   I mean, I see people warned in threads and wonder what happens if they never check back in on that thread. 

Ted you bet I am as surprised and as confused as you are on this. I still get the banned message when I try access the site via my phone or playbook, however I can access it via my laptop...
CD4 - 546, 12th Dec 2012

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 07:59:45 am »

Ted you bet I am as surprised and as confused as you are on this. I still get the banned message when I try access the site via my phone or playbook, however I can access it via my laptop...

Could it possibly be...?
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline skycee

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 11:36:35 am »
@ Solo not sure I get what you are trying to say.

The challenge still persist....can someone be off assistance please.
CD4 - 546, 12th Dec 2012

Offline buginme2

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 11:45:40 am »
Thanks JK. I do appreciate

JM you sure got me there

Could be that the ISP you phone uses was banned, but the ISP is different when you use your laptop.

You didn't try to create an account using your laptop and then try to create another account using your phone did you?

Just throwing ideas out there.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 10:49:10 am »
Sky, it was very difficult tracking this IP ban down as it is in no way actually associated with your account.

It turned out to be associated with a WW from the Am I forum who kept trying to create a new account to get around a third and final time out. In frustration, I banned the IP he persistently accessed the site from. It took some digging to find it, but I eventually did.

I removed that particular IP address from the ban trigger list.

I see you have also been blocked from at least one other IP address associated with Blackberry - and this will be because you tried to get online with your phone after you were unlucky enough to stumble on the same IP as the banned one. (your cookies will have registered the ban) This second IP address from which you have gotten error messages does not appear anywhere in our ban trigger list - which is part of why it was so difficult to find the original problem.

What this means is that you will have to delete your cookies from your phone. Once you've done this, you should be able to use your phone to log on.

Sorry if this makes no sense to you - it made no sense to me at first either and lead to me spending several hours over the past few days to figure it all out.

Sorry it took so long - it was just particularly difficult to get to the bottom of what was going on. Sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:51:41 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skycee

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 12:05:01 pm »
Gosh Ann you are such an Angel and not just an Angel, buh an IT angel....

I actually had the feeling it had to do with my IP, buh didn't know how to explain it....thanks once again. It feels so good accessing the Site via my tablet.

Gracias
CD4 - 546, 12th Dec 2012

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 12:14:30 pm »
Heh.... If I actually were an IT Angel, it wouldn't have taken so long for me to figure out what the hell was going on - and I wouldn't have torn several clumps of hair out of my head in the process either.

Anyway, you're welcome.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 04:25:04 pm »
Another example of Ann's untiring efforts for the Forums, and her diligence and perseverance.  We are lucky to have her.

Love and hugs to you, Ann.....

:-*   Alan   :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 07:36:49 am »
Another example of Ann's untiring efforts for the Forums, and her diligence and perseverance.  We are lucky to have her.

Love and hugs to you, Ann.....

:-*   Alan   :-*

Thank you Alan, I really appreciate that - particularly in light of a certain new member who keeps harping on about how poorly he believes these forums to be moderated. If he only knew a fraction of the work that goes into keeping this place running, he'd knock it off already.

(((((((Alan)))))))

More hugs,
Ann
xxx

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.