Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:59:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773196
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 438
Total: 441

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What are you doing ?  (Read 3571 times)

Offline SASA39

What are you doing ?
« on: May 22, 2007, 04:46:55 pm »
In purpose of selfhealing , and without ( or with small amount  ) of previous job one has a need / urge to forfill his day when he is alone at home .
And not thinking about HIV , meds ..........
So a question is :
What are you doing , that calm you down , bring you peace , and fill yur day..................name just everything that cross your mind from shoe-shining to Nietche reading it will be accepted  :D
                                Al
12. Oct`06.  CD4=58 %  VL not issued
25.Dec.`06.         203     VL= 0
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.
19.Oct`16     CD4=644      VL=0

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
Re: What are you doing ?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 04:57:01 pm »
I play with my dogs, tend to the garden,  go for rides on the beach or the mountains. 
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Dan J.

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 04:59:42 pm »
I walk my schnauzer 2-3 times a day, if it isn't too hot for him & me. Take a nap orsurf the web for hours (which gets pretty old) & watch Star Trek on Spike & watch Paula Dean on Food Network.

I live such an exciting life! LOL

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 05:18:47 pm »
I am actually working 5 hours a day for May/June, but I'd be just as happy not to. I'm also:

Reading
Learning
Writing my journal
Writing my book (very slowly!)
Watching DVDs
Listening to music
Chatting with friends/family online
Chatting to friends/family on phone
Going for walks
Cooking
Doing the dishes (I LOVE washing dishes!)
Playing with my cats
Packing (for my move)
Emailing
Sleeping
And spending way too much time on here!

Not all at the same time of course! :P

Take your pick Al and add some of your own. It's not hard to fill your day, if you put your mind to it!

On that note, I'm off to bed!

G'night to one and all!
Melia :)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 05:20:41 pm by sweetasmeli »
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 05:24:44 pm »
Positive: reading (# 1 relaxing thing!), gym, jogging with music, internet, meditation, cycling, playing games (table tennis, raquentball, basketball, billiard [is that a sport?], bowling, etc), cooking, watching DVDs or going to the cinema, cleaning (not enough!), shopping for little cheap things, sometimes practicing foreign languages, talking to family/friends (not enough), shamelessly downloading music, categorizing and listening to it, breathing, reading self-help material (plenty of great stuff free on the web, google "The American Bookstore Amsterdam Dr. D." for example, or this http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=9761&cn=353, or this http://www.livinglifetothefull.com/elearning/);  blogging/journaling (although now I spend more time on the forums), I have also been known to walk into cosmetics departments, put on a s***load of makeup and perfume from the samples and walk off!; I love traveling, but don't do it enough. Just taking a walk, or cycling through town (don't have a car so like the 40 Year Old Virgin commute everywhere by bike [but without a helmet]); when things are really tough - pray...

Negative: binging on food, smoking (but maximum 2-3 a day, most often none), occasional tranquilizer. Not really drinking. Tend to reading junk on the net, youtube and celebrity gossip, that's my vice. However, hardly watch TV, nor spend money on glossy magazines. I spend at least half the time on these activities rather than the positive activities. That makes me sound like a chainsmoker or a bullimic, not really, but time is so short...

Want to: play an instrument, sculpt/paint, read more, read more comics and learn more lanaguages, socialzie more & keep in touch with friends/family more, diversify my sports, do some volunteer work, preferably HIV related, keep house clearner/tidier, more meditation/pilates/yoga, more time exploring the world outside, write a book, keep a dog, grow some healthy plants, have a kid.... although I know, once you have one, there go the hobbies out of the window  ;)

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 05:25:33 pm »
Having recently moved to my partner's house (in Dec), I'm spending my late spring/early summer days in Ohio, lying by the pool (MY pool now LOL) and reading books. Now that Winter is gone, I've got a whole new yard in which to plant flowers. I don't miss the gunshots in my old neighborhood but after 14 yrs, I miss all the flowers I had to leave behind, especially the rose bush which should have finally bloomed this year. dang!

I was really sick during the last of the 90's and first part of the 00's and had to go onto disability. Now that I'm on a regime of meds that works without making me barf everyday, I've been kinda at a loss of what to do some days. Part of me would like to work again; but last time I did that, my disability got screwed up and severaly cut (it'll be another two yrs before the checks to me go back to normal - right now they've been cut in half to repay what SS thinks I shouldn't have gotten).

It's been a long 15 yr struggle to get to this point and I'm sure not complaining (well, not too much) that I'm actually feeling better than I have in all that time. In all that time though I've learned one important thing - that life is short and special and I better enjoy it while I got it. :D

So, now that I've checked my emails and the weather radar, it's time to take the doggies (4 cocker spaniels) out to the patio, and take my book (Patterson's "The 6th Target") back to the deck at the pool.

Have a great day everyone, and go do something nice for yourself!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.