Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:32:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 615
Total: 617

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Having trouble accepting new ways of living  (Read 4719 times)

Offline aasnyder

Having trouble accepting new ways of living
« on: September 16, 2006, 07:38:05 pm »
:-[ well what to say n where to start  well I got my HIV thru a blood transfussion in Oct 05 and found out in Feb 06, after a bad situation where i got tested to check my body.  My inital reaction was...i battled precancer, i battle other stuff, but dear god, why this?  I went home told my family and ran away, got hooked into more thing i shouldnt..make short, my husband that i left in 2002 asked me to come live here with our daughter and him which hes raised since i left..so i got on the bus in april n came here.  so whats the problem u ask?

I am soo frustrated that I cant get over how i feel cant contol the anger towards what has happend, nothing is the same i am constantly thinkin of why..Last night my husband suggested surgecal mask n gloves for when kids get hurt or him, i lost it.. Im a mommy I shouldnt have to worry about covering self.

I guess Im lookin for ways to accept what has happend to me, and mabey just mabey I can  move on. When I forst found out, i called every lawyer to file a lawsuit, but u know what, they either didnt belive me or didnt have time to resarch it.  Now, i stopped lookin and trying to live a normal life. I live in a small area in middle of no mans land, a couple of people know, but im scared once if ever others find out my kids will have no friends and they will resent me.  My 8yo and 11yo step daughter think mommy has bugs in blood and we have asked them not to tell anyone so they can b normal, but they see the pain im in..How can i explain to them what i have before they learn in school and realize how things are with me?

I am sorry for buggin, this is long story short..on a good note, at least he is trying, when i came here he was soo nervous and scared, but being intimate is difficult, and how can i work him even easier? any sites for us/him to look at? thanks for reading, april

u can find me on yahoo messanger most times...
Want to know me? Don't be afraid to ask

Offline Iggy

Re: Having trouble accepting new ways of living
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 09:10:19 pm »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:27:15 pm by Iggy »

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 11:07:52 pm »
You know someting? I envy you...You already have  children...I always dreamt of having a baby...I guess, that is not something I could do anymore...

Do you realize you have two beatiful young reasons to fight? Please, get up, FIGHT FOR THEM!!!!! If you feel to weak, angry or sad to do it for yourself, DO IT FOR THEM!!!! THEY NEED YOU!!!

With one lost wish of a huge family, hoping you give everything for them

Alex

Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Christine

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 10:53:04 am »
Hello,
Welcome to the forums! I am sorry the past year has been so difficult for you. You are not alone in these feelings. Most people have a great amount of trouble dealing with all these new feelings. Do you have access to a support group in your area? Or An aids service organization?

I had horrible anxiety when I first found out, and the one thing I wish I had done was talk to a therapist. I see one now, and it truly helps me deal with all of it.

I would also suggest that you and your husband read the Lessons section of this site. It will help both of you to better understand what the risks of transmission are. I have been + since '93 and married since '94, and my husband is negative. We practice safe sex- use condoms. The only way you can transmit the virus to your children would be to have unprotected sex, needle stick or through breast feeding or childbirth. Although now with the haart meds the risk of prenatal/ childbirth transmissions are very low.

Family counseling may also help you talk to your children about all of this. I would also do a search on amazon to see if there are any books that deal with hiv and children. I would think there are. TheBody.com has sections on sero-discordant couples, and Women issues also.

Feel free to pm me, or ask any questions you want. I don't have children but I have been through a lot of the same things myself when dealing with my fears and husband.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 11:04:36 am »
Hello and welcome.  I also have 2 little ones that are my pride and joy.  I am slightly more careful around them when they get an owie but not much more.

Parents and X-wife want me to be extra careful with them, but after all i have learned about this blasted parting gift I realize that I would almost have to WILLFULLY infect them or be EXTREMELY stupid in their care.  Bandaids for the little cuts does just fine, if we have any major wounds I am sure that I was not qualified to suture those up BEFORE HIV and I am quite sure I am not qualifed to do it NOW.  You dont need surgical masks and gloves darling, just a lotta love.  And a healthy dose of patience.  As for the kids, I will tell mine when they are ready.  I have a blood disorder is all they need to know while they are in school.  Lots of parents have that, diabetes and the lot.

As for you Alex, I am 1 month from getting married to my (neggie) soulmate!  And we plan on having a KIDDO!  It's called sperm washing and can be done quite effectively.

Andrew
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.