Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 01:50:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 154
Total: 154

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Who want's to do a test (for the common good)?  (Read 6753 times)

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
Who want's to do a test (for the common good)?
« on: June 27, 2009, 10:52:04 am »
Peter has kindly given me permission to ask this here in the Off-topic forums (ta Peter)

I am assisting an important HIV website with the usability for their relaunch (erm, not this one, calm down) and wondered if 5-6 people might like to do a quick navigation test via their web browser. This short test can be done from the convenience of your deckchair or even bed, but alas I can't provide pretzels n a 6 pack, let alone convivial company, to go with cos -- as usual -- I am not being paid a cent, let alone a Euro).

Volunteers/details. PM me please

- matt (overworked) the newt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline newt

Re: Who want's to do a test (for the common good)?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 08:12:35 pm »
Ta people

I got a good response (more than enough!) and some very valuable insights

- matt

Now playing: Mission Impossible

Offline newt

ROUND 2: Who want's to do a test (for the common good)?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 12:38:35 pm »
Further to the above, I am interested to know:

What are were the 5 things that most concerned you to know when you were newly diagnosed?

Answer here or PM me.

In particular, do you thing it would have been useful:

1.  To have a quick guide to how HIV affects your body?

2. To have CD4 and virall load explained?

- matt

Offline newt

Re: Who want's to do a test (for the common good)? - results
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 07:23:48 pm »
The new i-Base website went live this month.

Especially of use may be the treatment guides and Q and A feature but perhaps also the reserach reports RSS feed from HIV Treatment Bulletin.

Thanks to everyone.

Many hands makes light work

I-Base is a UK-based but internationally relevant website

- matt

Offline blackwingbear

• Hello, all you happy people....
    • THE DARK MIND OF BLACKWINGBEAR
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 07:26:35 pm »
Peter has kindly given me permission to ask this here in the Off-topic forums (ta Peter)

I am assisting an important HIV website with the usability for their relaunch (erm, not this one, calm down) and wondered if 5-6 people might like to do a quick navigation test via their web browser. This short test can be done from the convenience of your deckchair or even bed, but alas I can't provide pretzels n a 6 pack, let alone convivial company, to go with cos -- as usual -- I am not being paid a cent, let alone a Euro).

- matt (overworked) the newt

Um, so..... What's the URL?
It's all a sham. Politics is a big game, same as the media - and same as religion. The point is to distract & control. If we're looking at what they tell us is the "big issue", we're not looking at what they are doing. In time, there will be different causes and different minorities to pick-on. All in the name of keeping the system going, and the people distracted.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 07:28:36 pm »
As always, a great website.  Very user-friendly. 

Offline newt

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 07:31:38 pm »

Offline blackwingbear

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 08:37:31 pm »
Seems UK-based..
It's all a sham. Politics is a big game, same as the media - and same as religion. The point is to distract & control. If we're looking at what they tell us is the "big issue", we're not looking at what they are doing. In time, there will be different causes and different minorities to pick-on. All in the name of keeping the system going, and the people distracted.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 11:10:13 pm »
Seems UK-based..

Duh, he said that.

Do you actually read what you respond to, or do you just dig up old threads?
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 11:34:31 pm »
or do you just dig up old threads?
umm ::), newt resurrected his own thread to announce that the site (for which he was getting testers about 6 months ago when he started this thread) has just now gone live. Obviously newt wanted this thread revived and is probably glad someone took an interest in what he had to say.
The new i-Base website went live this month.
I'm not saying that BWB hasn't been resurrecting old threads but you should be fussing at newt, the OP, ;) instead for bringing back this "zombie thread"
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 11:36:26 pm »
umm ::), newt resurrected his own thread to announce that the site (for which he was getting testers about 6 months ago when he started this thread) has just now gone live. Obviously newt wanted this thread revived and is probably glad someone took an interest in what he had to say.I'm not saying that BWB hasn't been resurrecting old threads but you should be fussing at newt, the OP, ;) instead for bringing back this "zombie thread"

Nope, it's one thing to update a thread you started yourself, but another thing to bring up old threads that have nothing to do with you, as Blackwingbear has been doing. It's annoying.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 11:44:58 pm »
Nope, it's one thing to update a thread you started yourself, but another thing to bring up old threads that have nothing to do with you, as Blackwingbear has been doing. It's annoying.

but BWB did NOT resurrect this thread and it was in this thread that you reprimanded him. I suggest you go reprimand him in the appropriate thread, as he did nothing wrong in this one, instead of confusing the topic in this thread - or at least link to the thread that you are accusing him of resurrecting so someone reading this thread will know what the heck you're talking about. ::)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 11:47:27 pm »
but BWB did NOT resurrect this thread and it was in this thread that you reprimanded him. I suggest you go reprimand him in the appropriate thread, as he did nothing wrong in this one, instead of confusing the topic in this thread - or at least link to the thread that you are accusing him of resurrecting so someone reading this thread will know what the heck you're talking about. ::)

I HAVE reprimanded him in appropriate threads and in a PM as well. He's done it quite a bit since he joined.

Now what were you saying about hijacking threads? Seems you do it when it suits YOU.

I'm off to bed. G'night.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tokyodecadence

• A one room disco.
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 12:07:33 am »
Now now children. No fightin'.

This site looks really interesting. I'm always looking for new sites and way to research news and developments and whatnot. Thanks!

[.Fodão.]

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 12:08:34 am »
I HAVE reprimanded him in appropriate threads and in a PM as well. He's done it quite a bit since he joined.

Now what were you saying about hijacking threads? Seems you do it when it suits YOU.
just sticking up for people around here that would like to chat about the topics of these threads. I noticed you finally did the fair thing and warned Dach also in that other thread, even if you did leave me with a back-handed slap there. LOL

but BWB did nothing wrong in this thread and yet you called him out publically in this thread, thereby hijacking this thread yourself. Are you going to be hijacking other threads and reprimanding people in threads where they are posting appropriately for threads where they aren't posting appropriately? That's not very fair really. You should make your complaints in the threads where the incidents happen. I totally understand that BWB may have been driving you crazy resurrecting older threads but he didn't do that here so why call him out in this thread??
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 12:09:18 am »

Not that it's needed or anything, but....

I think Ann did right by reprimanding BWB in the manner she did, some of these newbies need to feel a lil tough moderation from time to time.    I also think it was relevant Mikie, let me explain, or at least try to...  

BWB said:

Seems UK-based..

Which Ann replied while quoting Newt's following:

Duh, he said that.

Do you actually read what you respond to, or do you just dig up old threads?

So... the question to BWB is "do you read what you respond to", "or do you just dig up old threads?".. not necessarily the way we would say it in Miami, but it almost has the same effect.  You add the fact she's on the rock only further complicates communication issues I think.. no I know, but I could be wrong however.  Besides she's tired, hence the G'night.  Couldn't even spell it right and too tired to hit spell check).

She was far too soft on BWB anyways.  I guess now I know why my application was denied for head moderator after Jan's resignation.

Anyways you guys should feel all warm and fuzzy inside, this is just a minor misunderstanding. ;)

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline blackwingbear

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 12:31:53 am »
She was far too soft on BWB anyways.

Well, I realize you probably would've preferred a bullet in the brain-pan, but...

just sticking up for people around here that would like to chat about the topics of these threads.

Don't stress it and get yourself banned defending me  :D. I realize that around here "newbie" means "TARGET!!!". Obviously I've pissed her off,and grudges don't go away... and I'm learning how easy that is.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 12:37:30 am »

Naw man, I would want you to make that beard into a birdcage though...  I know you got it in ya!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 01:09:43 am »
Don't stress it and get yourself banned defending me 
oh no. if I get banned it'll be for the SC HIV funding cut thread. I'm much more concerned about not letting a situation happen, like has happened before that allowed fellow citizens to die, not from AIDS, but from not having access to the meds. I'll keep trying to get them to take the LordBerners issue back to the thread that he started for that topic, and getting the group to just "discuss" the tragic SC situation since I'm sure none of those people will be at the state capital rally trying to actually influence things to help make the situation better. I think the best I can hope for in that thread is that they'll see Mecch's lost posting and write their elected officials across the nation about this situation.

and lest one of those petty people try to "catch" me here about some "hijacking" nonsense

http://www.i-base.info

hey newt, I like the site. It's clean, white with just enough colors (the subject listing in alt colors was very readable) to be interesting. It was easy to navigate and the pages loaded fast. The only thing I didn't really like was the long med list, because the items were too spaced out and I had to keep scrolling.

Me, as the ComputerTutor, noticed one problem though. On the webpages http://i-base.info/home/english-treatment-training-manual/ the link at the very bottom to the "CD4 and viral load Powerpoint" http://i-base.info/files/2009/04/Slides_Section1-2_CD4+VL.ppt does not work. :'( Of course, I'll go download the 8 separate pdfs to read all of it; but you still ought to get the broken link fixed up.  ;)

Thank you for some of the other resources I was able to procure. ;D At a recent board meeting of my ASO (that I sat in on as a patient advocate) there was alot of talk about adherence problems with the clientele. I know they did not discuss anything like the "Adherence support chart and side effects diary", so I'm taking one in to my case worker this week to suggest that form as a possible help/solution.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 09:58:45 am »
I am a newbie and I didn't piss in anybody's cheerios and only like 17 people hate me :D

Leatherman let it go, the other thread being hijacked doesn't mean you have to hijack this one to make up for it.  2 wrongs doesn't make it a right.

Cool website Newt!

Offline blackwingbear

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 12:47:54 pm »
I like the site. It's clean, white with just enough colors (the subject listing in alt colors was very readable) to be interesting. It was easy to navigate and the pages loaded fast. The only thing I didn't really like was the long med list, because the items were too spaced out and I had to keep scrolling.

Me, as the ComputerTutor, noticed one problem though. On the webpages http://i-base.info/home/english-treatment-training-manual/ the link at the very bottom to the "CD4 and viral load Powerpoint" http://i-base.info/files/2009/04/Slides_Section1-2_CD4+VL.ppt does not work. :'( Of course, I'll go download the 8 separate pdfs to read all of it; but you still ought to get the broken link fixed up.  ;)

Thank you for some of the other resources I was able to procure. ;D At a recent board meeting of my ASO (that I sat in on as a patient advocate) there was alot of talk about adherence problems with the clientele. I know they did not discuss anything like the "Adherence support chart and side effects diary", so I'm taking one in to my case worker this week to suggest that form as a possible help/solution.

That's considered hijacking???

Offline blackwingbear

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 12:49:09 pm »

Naw man, I would want you to make that beard into a birdcage though...  I know you got it in ya!

Careful, you'll get accused of thread hijacking....

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.