Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:06:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 373
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 366
Total: 366

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Keep Rich in your thoughts please.  (Read 6498 times)

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
Keep Rich in your thoughts please.
« on: August 11, 2006, 03:23:12 am »
I phoned Rich yesterday.
As you know he started his new meds.

I don't have to draw a picture : 6 different drugs....

The poor lad has been on and of the pot and is loosing his faith.

I wish him
 strength to continue.
 power to persist.
 healing within himself.
 enough health in time to come to Montreal.

Hang in there Richie. You are NOT ALONE , although I know it feels like you have to fight on your own.

Thanx

Hermie :-* :-*
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Keep Rich in your thoughts please.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:33:37 am »
((((((Rich))))))

Hang in there mate, I hope the adjustment period ends quickly for you. And by the way, have some baby wipes handy in the bathroom - they sure can make chronic dire-rear a little more bearable and keeps you bum from getting too sore. Especially the kind that have baby lotion or aloe vera added in.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Christine

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 10:40:12 am »
Hey Rich,
Sending healing thoughts your way, and well wishes with Imodium!! I second what Ann suggests for the baby wipes, they do help when things start to get a little sore.

Hang in there, you will get through this.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 10:57:52 am »
Rich,

I hope the adjustment period is brief. Hang in there. I will keep you in my thoughts.

The baby wipes are a great suggestion.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 11:44:10 am »
Dearest Rich,

New meds can be such a pain but you know you can get through this.  You may want to consider eating some yogurt or other bland foods like toast, crackers or rice.  Even if you don't want to eat, you must EAT something, preferably throughout the day.

One last suggestion, while not pretty, is quite practical.  Get some adult diapers if you want to venture out, they may not be a great fashion statement, but they sure beat rubber bands around your ankles.

Hang in there buddy, I'm pulling for you.

One last comment, do not flush baby wipes down your toilet, because they do not break down and we learned that the hard way when we had our sewer line cleaned and DOZENS of baby wipes were clogging the pipe.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 02:23:08 pm »
Strength & Well-wishes & Sunshine
for Rich

"If God brings you to it, God will see you through it"

-Alex

Offline bear60

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 02:56:34 pm »
Keep well Rich.  Hope all goes well in Monteal and you have some wonderful experiences to tell us about.
Christine has good advice: think Immodium.  And I will add: restrict your diet to very bland foods for awhile including oatmeal for breakfast. No fried foods!!!!
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Eldon

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 03:59:33 pm »
Hello Hermie, it is Eldon. Thankyou for bringing Rich's situation to the family's attention. We are wishing Rich well and to STAY STRONG through it all. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Baby Wipes!!!

Offline F

• I feel like the butterfly ,ever transforming
Christine
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 07:26:09 pm »
I feel that you are compassionate and thoughtful, i read your posts first :)
And the suggestions you give are healthy and loving, so maybe you can help me. i am 16 years living with the virus, and i have never went to and international conference, so this year i decided to go , i met a guy through the personal that had and extra registration, no problem , i called Amtrak got a good price, and called him back with the details , then things begin to get sticky, he informed me he was in a wheel chair and i was coming as his nurse, although he did not need me to nurse him, that was not bad, but then he expects me to go everyplace with him , i revel in my autonomy, being able to be free and me, not having to worry about someones feelings, i did not take into consideration that i he may be lonely and i did meet him on the personals( i am a late bloomer) when it comes to things like that. Anyway , i wrote him and explained my intentions for coming to Canada, afterall he said he wanted a pen pal, no matter, i still plan to go, my concern is finding someone in the community to bunk with  and how do i go about  it, i wrote a post in off topics concerning the situation in brief, however, i also decided to write someone who sounded savvy and would give me some good advice, if you tell me i acted in haste, i know that (laugh) give me something new and true
 sunnyside
We have the same last name AIDS,so we are family and i will love you and protectand support your right to be  in this war against us

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 08:16:10 pm »
F -

Welcome to the AIDSmeds.com Forums. 

If you want to pose a question to Forums members regarding a situation you're in or a concern you have, it's best to start a new thread.  What you've done here is "hijacked" Hermie's thread, in which he is sharing information about Rich, a longtime friend of the Forums. 

Also, when starting your own thread, why don't you tell us a little about yourself...

Tim Horn

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 09:29:53 pm »
Hi Rich -  Hang in there with the meds.  It's brutal at first from having the trotts to not sleeping well.  Stay focused on the future because this will pass too. 

Thinking of you...
Jason

Offline joemutt

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 12:10:40 am »
Rich, I hope everything works out fine and that you'll have a great time in Montreal. You overcame big difficulties and that's the more a reason for hope. Be Well.

Offline F

• I feel like the butterfly ,ever transforming
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 08:14:05 am »
OPPS Sorry, Rich be well and remember this to shall pass.
We have the same last name AIDS,so we are family and i will love you and protectand support your right to be  in this war against us

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 08:19:21 am »
Hi Rich/Herman,

Rich, I Love you and keep your name on a post-it tagged right on the computer.  I think of you every day, and send positive energy your direction.  Use all of it you need at this time, I promise it will get better, but you have to stick with it for a bit.

In Love and Support.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Nadine

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 08:28:22 am »
Rich...hang in there, you are gonna be just fine!

((BIG HUGS))

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 12:56:49 am »
Dear Rich,

Honey, I'm thinking about you through this trying time. Very sorry to hear about your discomfort.

<<<<<HUGS>>>>

Love,

Zeph :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline richfinsm

• Be better to one another
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 09:33:35 am »
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 08:31:28 pm by richfinsm »
Positive since 1/85.  Tested positive with full-blown AIDS 5/93.

Offline Jena

• To God Be The Glory!
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 09:04:22 pm »
I hope you are beginning to feel " human " again Rich! I just started new meds also so I know how you feel honey. Can you imagine only having ONE bathroom and three  kids in the house??? I'm thinking of buying one of those bed side commodes!  ;D
 Hang in there Honey, I wish I was  going with you all next week!  :(
Hugs
Jena

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.