Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:28:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 336
Total: 337

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: When it Rains it Pours  (Read 123941 times)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
When it Rains it Pours
« on: March 16, 2009, 04:48:29 pm »
Thank god I am taking medicine for the shingles.Because this morning I was able to findly reach an touch my older brother VIA computer I thought I was dreaming so I answered an ten minutes later I get a call an it,s my brother we talked then he drop the bomb shell my younger brother which I knew was HIV+ had died of AIDS.Now I wish was just a awful dream!Don,t get me wrong their were other deaths but my younger brother was my link to my mom,s side of the family.I was diagnosed an infected ten years before him that go,s to prove the point that if it,s not your time it,s not your time.Don,t get me wrong I not ready to go any where!This Go,s Out To My Younger Brother!!!
P.S. Some of you will Know this Song I,m Only writing the first two Verses!!!

If you need a friend,
don,t look to a stanger,
You know in the end,
I,ll always be there

And when you,re in doubt,
and when you,re in danger
Take a look all around,
and I,ll be there.          I will try to not let this to make me worst.Dwayn20 (Scooter)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:30:40 am by Dwayn20 »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: When it Rains it Pours
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:01:28 pm »
Dwayn, I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your younger brother to this dreadful disease.  The next few months I'm sure will be very difficult for you, but you know you have everyone's ear on these forums for support.

David
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline dixieman

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 05:49:20 pm »
I'm sorry for your families loss... John

Offline bear60

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 06:10:53 pm »
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  I hope you will find peace.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Texan38

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 06:19:34 pm »
Dwayn,

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. My sincerest condolences.
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 06:41:21 pm »
Thanks to everyone I really appreciate your support.Dwayn20 AKA (Scooter)

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 07:41:40 pm »
My condolences to you and your family. I am so sorry to here this

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 08:00:52 pm »
Dwayn,

Sorry to hear about your brother. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 09:36:20 pm »
I'm sincerely sorry about you losing your brother.  Please accept my condolences.
  Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 12:21:01 am »
Scooter,

I am so sorry to hear of you and your family's loss.

HUGS,

Mark

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 12:36:41 am »
Thank You.Today I feel like my heart is is broken.But I think it will hit me when I find out when he
died.Dwayn20 AKA (Scooter)
P.S. I Will Survive!!!

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 05:22:46 am »
Scooter,

My heart goes out to you and your family.  I wish I could more besides offer my condolences and if you need to talk with someone feel free to send me PM.

Hugs,
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 05:31:47 am »
Thanks Dwayn20 (Scooter)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 12:07:17 pm »
So sorry about the loss of your brother, Dwayne...

May he rest in peace.

Alan   :'(
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 12:11:49 pm »
Thanks Alan Dwayn20 AKA(Scooter)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 12:21:06 pm »
Sorry for your loss.

Ron~
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 12:57:15 pm »
Thanks You Dwayn20 (Scooter)

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 04:28:30 pm »
Dwayn  20     I am so sorry to hear about your brother...losing a  close relative is always painful I just lost my younger sister to breast cancer a few months ago..First the shock of them being younger than you then the realization that you have no control over who, or when will be next...My deepest condolences .... feel fee to PM or just dump any thoughts in a PM to me...

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 05:40:27 pm »
Dear Nick thats the problem I know he died of AIDS but still don,t know when he died. I think thats when it will hit me.Thanks for all your support.Dwayn20(Scooter)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 10:51:44 am »
Thank god I am taking medicine for the shingles.Because this morning I was able to findly reach an touch my older brother VIA computer I thought I was dreaming so I answered an ten minutes later I get a call an it,s my brother we talked then he drop the bomb shell my younger brother which I knew was HIV+ had died of AIDS.Now I wish was just a awful dream!Don,t get me wrong their were other deaths but my younger brother was my link to my mom,s side of the family.I was diagnosed an infected ten years before him that go,s to prove the point that if it,s not your time it,s not your time.Don,t get me wrong I not ready to go any where!This Go,s Out To My Younger Brother!!!

If you need a friend,
don,t look to a stanger,
You know in the end,
I,ll always be there

Take a look all around,
and I,ll be there.         

I Will Not Let This Make Me Worst It,s A Battle I Will Win With All The Help That I Have Recieved.Thanks All.
Dwayn20(Scooter)

=================================================================================================================================                                                                  03-24-2009
Update I talked to my older brother this morning an finally was able to ask him when my younger brother died he said about six years ago Jan 12 he was not sure what he died from but he said that Donny was speaking funny the day before an the doctors did not tell him what he had.Surprisingly I am better than when I first wrote the original post.Thanks to all for the support I have received.Dwayn20(Scooter)[/b
=================================================================================================================================
                                                                03-25-2009
I now believe there was very little I could have done even if I had been there.So now I have to pick myself up an take care of my health an my older brother knows about my situation he has known before we knew about my younger brother. This is the facts what don,t kill you only makes you stronger even though it shore as hell don,t feel that way at the time.Time will heal.I feel that you make three steps forward an something come along go back five steps.I guess such is life.Well mine anyway? Anyone else???
Dwayn20(Scooter)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:03:46 am by Dwayn20 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 01:37:40 pm »
Condolences on your loss. I hope the memories of better times shared with him will help you to get through this sad time.

Andy Velez

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 01:53:04 am »
03-26-2009 Its hard when you take you Ambien around 8.30 at night an by 11.30 you wide awake an the weather has gotten bad an now have to do a breathing treatment if its not one problem its something else.I think I am thinking to much about my brother an it looks like no amount of medicine will help.Time I guest is the only healer.

Dwayne 20(Scooter)

Quote from: Dwayn20 link=topic=26240.msg327970#msg 327970 date=1237906304
Thank god I am taking medicine for the shingles.Because this morning I was able to findlay reach an touch my older brother VIA computer I thought I was dreaming so I answered an ten minutes later I get a call an it,s my brother we talked then he drop the bomb shell my younger brother which I knew was HIV+ had died of AIDS.Now I wish was just a awful dream!Don,t get me wrong their were other deaths but my younger brother was my link to my mom,s side of the family.I was diagnosed an infected ten years before him that go,s to prove the point that if it,s not your time it,s not your time.Don,t get me wrong I not ready to go any where!This Go,s Out To My Younger Brother!!!

If you need a friend,
don,t look to a stranger,
You know in the end,
I,ll always be there

Take a look all around,
and I,ll be there.         

I Will Not Let This Make Me Worst It,s A Battle I Will Win With All The Help That I Have Received.Thanks All.
Dwayne 20(Scooter)

=================================================================================================================================                                                                  03-24-2009
Update I talked to my older brother this morning an finally was able to ask him when my younger brother died he said about six years ago Jan 12 he was not sure what he died from but he said that Donny was speaking funny the day before an the doctors did not tell him what he had.Surprisingly I am better than when I first wrote the original post.Thanks to all for the support I have received.Dwayn20(Scooter)[/b
=================================================================================================================================
                                                                03-25-2009
I now believe there was very little I could have done even if I had been there.So now I have to pick myself up an take care of my health an my older brother knows about my situation he has known before we knew about my younger brother. This is the facts what don,t kill you only makes you stronger even though it shore as hell don,t feel that way at the time.Time will heal.I feel that you make three steps forward an something come along go back five steps.I guess such is life.Well mine anyway? Anyone else???
Dwayne 20(Scooter)

[/quote
============================================================================================================================
                                                                     03-27-2009
I sometimes wonder if the meds I take are causing my brain to run a mile a second one day I feel fine an the next minute it feel like every thing is coming crashing back down on me. Apparently something must be out of whack.I am going to talk to the psychologists nurse practitioner Wed.Maybe with all that has happened the past couple of weeks the meds need to be tweaked.
Dwayn20(Scooter)
P.S. Spell check is on the Fritz
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 09:55:35 am by Dwayn20 »

Offline positivmat

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 07:06:03 am »
Dwayne
I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I have been estranged from my brother before and he has had some rough times. I think the hurt from losing a sibling is like no other hurt, especially when the sibling was having troubles. I offer my condolences and will think of you.
Matt

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 07:47:50 am »
I thank you.I was estranged with my older brother because a remark about not wanting me to infect his family.That was eighteen years ago an then I found out later it was gossip heard from his coworkers an then he finds out his younger brother was also positive from drugs.See I was taken from my mom when I was one year old an did not get to know my two brothers till I was sixteen.I think my older brother is more informed now.Now I wait by the phone to see if my Mom will contact me.What was done in the past was not my fault. :'(

Dwayne
I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I have been estranged from my brother before and he has had some rough times. I think the hurt from losing a sibling is like no other hurt, especially when the sibling was having troubles. I offer my condolences and will think of you.
Matt
:'(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 03:14:23 pm by Dwayn20 »

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 01:32:12 am »

I know in previous post I said that I was all cried out I was wrong I guest it will take a little longer to get over this than I thought.It,s Friday night an I am feeling very lonesome for a lot of reasons.Being a long time survivor is sometimes hard.Yes I am seeing someone for my issues but there is no one near by to talk to that knows what this is like.Don,t get me wrong their are people like the ones that live next door.They all know my situation but it,s not the same.
Dwayn20(Scooter)

Quote from: Dwayn20 link=topic=26240.msg328287#msg 328287 date=1238068070
I thank you.I was estranged with my older brother because a remark about not wanting me to infect his family.That was eighteen years ago an then I found out later it was gossip heard from his coworkers an then he finds out his younger brother was also positive from drugs.See I was taken from my mom when I was one year old an did not get to know my two brothers till I was sixteen.I think my older brother is more informed now.Now I wait by the phone to see if my Mom will contact me.What was done in the past was not my fault. :'(

Offline positivmat

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 08:14:12 am »
Oh dwayne, I think this kind of grief will come in waves. At times you will feel it more intensely. And it will subside but probably never fully go away. The loneliness is awful. You might want to take that energy on certain nights or days and plan ahead to be out some where with any activity. My friend who just lost her lover of 14 years is taking all kinds of classes to get through the loneliness. Its hard to beat that one. I know it hurts so bad.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 08:35:46 am »
positivmat,

While I appreciate that you're only trying to be helpful, The Long Term Survivors who populate this particular section of the forums would prefer if newly-diagnosed people such as yourself refrained from posting in threads here.

Please see these two threads for a fuller explanation of how they feel about this subject...

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=20519.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=25182.0

Thanks.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 06:28:04 pm »
I feel that things are not going the way I had hoped.I am going to pray that get better soon.I feel like I am in Quick Sand an sinking fast.
It make me think of the old saying The Best Laid Plans Of Mice An Men Often Go Ayrie?
Dwayn20(Scooter)

Quote from: Dwayn20 link=topic=26240.msg328557#msg 328557 date=1238218332
I know in previous post I said that I was all cried out I was wrong I guest it will take a little longer to get over this than I thought.It,s Friday night an I am feeling very lonesome for a lot of reasons.Being a long time survivor is sometimes hard.Yes I am seeing someone for my issues but there is no one near by to talk to that knows what this is like.Don,t get me wrong their are people like the ones that live next door.They all know my situation but it,s not the same.
Dwayne 20(Scooter)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 07:05:02 pm by Dwayn20 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 09:25:14 pm »
Dwayn,

Is the grief what's causing you to go on this downward spiral?  I know how you feel; both my parents died within the last year and 1/2.  I guess though, I don't know what you're going through.  They didn't die from Aids, and we all go through grief differently.  I know the death of a family member can be extremely difficult.  Just cry when you need to.  And keep talking.  We're here, ya know.
 Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 09:58:42 pm »
I think it,s a lot of things yes finding out about my brothers death was bad.It seems like it,s a never ending bad movie.I with my health problems had to take care of my aunt which was more like my mother if it was not for her I would not be alive.She was one of the first people that I told about my Hiv test twenty years ago.She an my Grandmother did not have a problem they were there.My aunts stay lasted six months then she was put into nursing home.For the last ten years I would talk with on the phone for hours at a time.She died about a month ago which I have no problem with.Died Thursday family calls on sunday afternoon at 5 pm to tell me she had died an was burying her Monday morning at 10 am. I am still numb from that.Then I thought I might have figured out how to go to Boston now I am not sure?
Dwayn20(Scooter) P.S.Thanks Betty
I  believe that at 9 pm I am still waiting for the phone to ring from my aunt.Call me a addict because that is what it sounds like.
Dwayn20(Scooter)
Dwayn,

Is the grief what's causing you to go on this downward spiral?  I know how you feel; both my parents died within the last year and 1/2.  I guess though, I don't know what you're going through.  They didn't die from Aids, and we all go through grief differently.  I know the death of a family member can be extremely difficult.  Just cry when you need to.  And keep talking.  We're here, ya know.
 Luv,
Betty
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 11:01:53 pm by Dwayn20 »

Offline rpm1437gcw

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 05:41:13 pm »

Sorry to hear about you little brother.  My prayers go out to you and yours may God shine upon you and give you all the strength you all need to keep going in a time like this.

roger
beauty is in all of us we need to see beyond the physicla to the soul.

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2009, 08:23:41 pm »
Today was one of my better days.I decided this morning I would sow the seeds of Hope.So now time will tell what becomes of it.If they bloom into what I hope it be good if nothing happens at least I tried my best.No I won,t be disappointed.I am hoping that all the tear drops shed will water the seeds that were sowed today.Every journey starts with a single step.
Dwayn20(Scooter)

I think it,s a lot of things yes finding out about my brothers death was bad.It seems like it,s a never ending bad movie.I with my health problems had to take care of my aunt which was more like my mother if it was not for her I would not be alive.She was one of the first people that I told about my Hiv test twenty years ago.She an my Grandmother did not have a problem they were there.My aunts stay lasted six months then she was put into nursing home.For the last ten years I would talk with on the phone for hours at a time.She died about a month ago which I have no problem with.Died Thursday family calls on sunday afternoon at 5 pm to tell me she had died an was burying her Monday morning at 10 am. I am still numb from that.Then I thought I might have figured out how to go to Boston now I am not sure?
Dwayn20(Scooter) P.S.Thanks Betty
I  believe that at 9 pm I am still waiting for the phone to ring from my aunt.Call me a addict because that is what it sounds like.
Dwayn20(Scooter)

Sorry to hear about you little brother.  My prayers go out to you and yours may God shine upon you and give you all the strength you all need to keep going in a time like this.

roger
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:44:53 am by Dwayn20 »

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 12:07:11 pm »
My Life Is Like The Ocean It Reaches Far And Wide.But Also Like The Ocean It Ebbs And Flows.I Thank God I Have Friends That Keep Me A Float Just Like A Life Preserver.You Know Who You Are.I Filled The Poz.Com Mentor Application But I Am Scared That I May Not Be Ready Even Though I Have Been Dealing With This For Twenty Years.Would Love To Here Your Opinion.I,m Not Sure I Can Make A Difference.
Dwayn20(Scooter)

Quote from: Dwayn20 link=topic=26240.msg328759#msg 328759 date=1238372621
Today was one of my better days.I decided this morning I would sow the seeds of Hope.So now time will tell what becomes of it.If they bloom into what I hope it be good if nothing happens at least I tried my best.No I won,t be disappointed.I am hoping that all the tear drops shed will water the seeds that were sowed today.Every journey starts with a single step.
Dwayne 20(Scooter)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 05:50:38 pm »
Is any of the long time survivors mentors.I would really like to know so I can find out if this is the right thing for me.I sometimes feel lost so how can I help someone else.Even though I have been dealing with this for all most twenty one years.I really want to help an I know I also said that every journey begins with a single step.I am at a crossroad.Please send some positive input.Would really appreciate it.
Dwayn20 AKA(Scooter)

My Life Is Like The Ocean It Reaches Far And Wide.But Also Like The Ocean It Ebbs And Flows.I Thank God I Have Friends That Keep Me A Float Just Like A Life Preserver.You Know Who You Are.I Filled The Poz.Com Mentor Application But I Am Scared That I May Not Be Ready Even Though I Have Been Dealing With This For Twenty Years.Would Love To Here Your Opinion.I,m Not Sure I Can Make A Difference.
Dwayn20(Scooter)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 10:03:13 pm »
I ask questions an its there is no one answering.Did I do something wrong that I am not aware of if so I am sorry.Longevity is sometime a curse.I talk to my older brother other day and ask him if he had told my mom that he finally talk to me he said he had.They thought I was dead so I told him to give my mom my phone number when she was ready to talk I am always there.The waiting is agonizing.I not sure what to do. :'(
Dwayn20 AKA (Scooter)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mewithu

• mewithu
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 10:21:18 pm »
 So, Sorry to hear of your troubles in life at this time. All of us have our problems and ordeals we go through.
I just  want to give you a little support and I hope this helps you in your time of needing friends, even if we are through the internet.

Sincerely,
Jerry
1997 is when I found out, being deathly ill. I had to go to the hospital due to extreme headache and fever. I fell coma like,  two months later weighing 95 pounds and in extreme pain and awoke to knowledge of Pancreatis, Cryptococcal Meningitis, Thrush,Severe Diarea,  Wasting, PCP pneumonia. No eating, only through tpn. Very sick, I was lucky I had good insurance with the company I worked for. I was in the hospital for three months that time. 
(2010 Now doing OK cd4=210  VL= < 75)
I have become resistant to many nukes and non nukes, Now on Reyataz, , Combivir. Working well for me not too many side effects.  I have the wasting syndrome, Fatigue  . Hard to deal with but believe it or not I have been through worse. Three Pulmonary Embolism's in my life. 2012 520 t's <20 V load

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2009, 10:55:01 pm »
I thank you for your support it is greatly appreciate.I said in previous post that I was done crying I was wrong.Thank god I go to see the nurse at the psychiatric office tommorrow.

Thank Again
Dwayn20(Scooter)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 11:54:39 pm »

Went the doctor today to see psychologist at what I thought was a 1.15 pm appointment an was told the appointment was for 11.15am boy was I mad.When I had call to make the new appointment the girl told me the only opening they had was 1.15pm it must have been my fault because of every thing that has been going on.Now the new one is for Monday an I have the paper to prove it.So it has been a long day.
Scooter

Quote from: Dwayn20 link=topic=26240.msg 329003#msg 329003 date=1238554501
I thank you for your support it is greatly appreciate.I said in previous post that I was done crying I was wrong.Thank god I go to see the nurse at the psychiatric office tomorrow.

Thank Again
Dwayne 20(Scooter)
Quote from: Dwayn20 link=topic=26240.msg 329003#msg 329003 date=1238554501
I thank you for your support it is greatly appreciate.I said in previous post that I was done crying I was wrong.Thank god I go to see the nurse at the psychiatric office tomorrow.

Thank Again
Dwayne 20(Scooter)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2009, 12:40:45 pm »

I am tired.  I keep waiting by the phone.  Nothing's happening!  It's raining outside an ongoing nuts.  I'm trying to figure out how to get money for the BOSTON trip.  It's not going easily.  If I'd made some mistakes I am using voice recognition.  So for so good.  My medicines or making me nauseous.  You would think by now my body would be used to them.
Scooter

Went the doctor today to see psychologist at what I thought was a 1.15 pm appointment an was told the appointment was for 11.15am boy was I mad.When I had call to make the new appointment the girl told me the only opening they had was 1.15pm it must have been my fault because of every thing that has been going on.Now the new one is for Monday an I have the paper to prove it.So it has been a long day.
Scooter

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2009, 09:57:36 am »
I am feeling better today because I know that I now have friends all over the world.I do have a question for those that have taken medicines for a long time.My hands and feet suffer from neuropathy an take 9 400mg capsules a day which helps.My problem is now when I type or do other things my hands shake bad.So it make it hard to type sometimes.Anyone else have this kind of shaking problem.I set up voice an video calling on the computer.Which allows me to type a note without touching key board still working on it.
Scooter

I am tired.  I keep waiting by the phone.  Nothing's happening!  It's raining outside an ongoing nuts.  I'm trying to figure out how to get money for the BOSTON trip.  It's not going easily.  If I'd made some mistakes I am using voice recognition.  So for so good.  My medicines or making me nauseous.  You would think by now my body would be used to them.
Scooter

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2009, 12:06:58 am »
I am trying every avenue to find a way to make the most of every day an doing whatever I must to go to Boston in August.I try to keep  positive in mind an body.It is hard when you live with a negative friend. You would think after twenty plus years he would get it by now. I think some times he wishes he was also positive which would really push me over the edge.He get angry over stupid stuff.Doctors an friends have asked me if he would go to see a doctor.Then it turns into to a fight so I learned to leave it alone.With what has happened in the last few weeks he should have been a shoulder to cry on.But he was not.So I live in my sorrow alone until I found this Web Sites.
Scooter

I am feeling better today because I know that I now have friends all over the world.I do have a question for those that have taken medicines for a long time.My hands and feet suffer from neuropathy an take 9 400mg capsules a day which helps.My problem is now when I type or do other things my hands shake bad.So it make it hard to type sometimes.Anyone else have this kind of shaking problem.I set up voice an video calling on the computer.Which allows me to type a note without touching key board still working on it.
Scooter

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2009, 01:42:21 am »
I am trying every avenue to find a way to make the most of every day an doing whatever I must to go to Boston in August.I try to keep  positive in mind an body.It is hard when you live with a negative friend. You would think after twenty plus years he would get it by now. I think some times he wishes he was also positive which would really push me over the edge.He get angry over stupid stuff.Doctors an friends have asked me if he would go to see a doctor.Then it turns into to a fight so I learned to leave it alone.With what has happened in the last few weeks he should have been a shoulder to cry on.But he was not.So I live in my sorrow alone until I found this Web Sites.
Scooter

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 08:29:13 am »
I am going to see the nurse today about my up and down state of mind.Who knows maybe she will put me on different medicines.I also talked with a friend this weekend who said a organization has money for rent and utilities.Which is sad that the local AIDS office you end up jumping though hoops to get help.They spend more on administrative cost than on clients.That is why a lot of the old timer that used to volunteer don,t any more.I used to do work their.I am not trying to berate Katrina people but most of them ended up here and I know quite a few of them and their rent and utilities are paid monthly and the moneys that was to go to New Orleans did not help their people.That is why their was no help for the local people.I am not trying to be mean.But it,s the truth.I do crafts an have donated the profits from the sell of the different Gay type jewelry to them.When I needed help they were no where to be found.I sorry if some people mite get upset but this is my point of view plus a few other.Some have refused to deal with this Organization
Scooter

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2009, 08:30:33 pm »
Quote from: Dwayn20 link=topic=26240.msg329814#msg329814 date=12390
[/quote

I went to the doctors office she said we are going to stay on the medicine for the time being.
Scooter

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2009, 11:48:44 pm »
Quote from: Dwayn20 link=topic=26240.msg 329925#msg 329925 date=1239064233

I,m starting  believe I will not be going to Boston.Mark keeps saying don,t worry that's not till August.But I am prone to worrying.Doctors visit did not go as I had hoped but she said what every one has been saying all along that my grief will take time to heal then I asked what I thought was a stupid question.Why is it worst at night an she said that at night there are no distractions an the minds tends to go into overdrive.Time will heal and in Time we will see what happens.
Scooter

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 09:44:31 am »

I read something this morning I thought was all the people that read these threads.

The best and most beautiful
             things in the world cannot be seen nor
                       touched but felt in the heart.

Scooter              Happy Easter

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 10:52:41 pm »
       The best and most beautiful
             things in the world cannot be seen nor
                       touched but felt in the heart.

Scooter              Happy Easter

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2009, 08:40:13 pm »

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2009, 06:04:37 am »
Scooter,

Nice pictures.

I think it is true for most people that grief become worse at night when we have fewer distractions.  I'm sorry you having such a rough time with it.  Losses like that aren't something you ever get over ... just something that you eventually learn to except.

My heart goes out to you. 
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 06:58:59 am »
Thanks AndyArrow your right about night time.When your own boyfriend is not that supportive.I asked him if his sister with MS were to die he would go totally nuts.His reply was whump.By the way AndyArrow the bracelet is crochet string not leather wish i could use leather I love leather.I went from being a loving husband to being his house slave.He come home from work early an all day long he is on the computer watching what ever takes his fancy an when he see,s something that intrusted him Dwayne come look.But when I find something about HIV-AIDS he,s to busy watching TV are reading.It sounds one sided to me.I asked politely to wash the dishes one afternoon it start a big fight never fiscal.But some words can hurt you.One thing that afternoon was your home all day long.I thought this was suppose to be 50/50 when your couples.It,s not like I don,t help with the bills the majority of it does.It,s stuff like this that I stew over at night.We have had many roommates over the years an Mark would tell that I was no ones slave.He say,s I work so I do odd jobs when able an have SSI which is gone on the first of every month on our bills.I used to play cards to get out of the house once in a while an with his bitching about it I swear I would never ask him again an some friends do call now an then for me to play an I tell them I am broke so I don,t have to ask him.My psychiatrist ask me if he needed counseling I said it once it caused a big fight.So the things that used to perk me up are gone.An by the way the reason I have to asked him is I don,t drive.So this it is so important that I get to go in August.I used to have a Scooter and would go where I wanted an when.
http://www.myspace.com/dab6801     
Scooter
P.S. Thanks about the Pictures!

Scooter,

Nice pictures.

I think it is true for most people that grief become worse at night when we have fewer distractions.  I'm sorry you having such a rough time with it.  Losses like that aren't something you ever get over ... just something that you eventually learn to except.

My heart goes out to you. 
AA
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 03:39:22 pm by Dwayn20 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.