Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 376
Total: 377

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Guilty Pleasure: Jersey Shore  (Read 58931 times)

Offline franfrog

Re: Guilty Pleasure: Jersey Shore
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2010, 01:27:05 pm »
That is so stupid.  Here is y thought.  Technically they were only there for a month.  Why not start filming immediately following the start of summer and film a week or two ahead of schedule like all the other reality shows.  Doesn't that make more sense? 
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2010, 06:32:09 am »
That is so stupid.  Here is y thought.  Technically they were only there for a month.  Why not start filming immediately following the start of summer and film a week or two ahead of schedule like all the other reality shows.  Doesn't that make more sense

It's strange seeing the terms "reality shows" and "make more sense" in the same post. I thought they'd be mutually exclusive.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2010, 08:07:10 pm »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline edfu

« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2010, 09:52:57 pm »
The scuttlebutt is that the new location for Season 2 will be South Beach, in Miami. 
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2010, 09:59:36 pm »
The scuttlebutt is that the new location for Season 2 will be South Beach, in Miami. 

Yuk! I hope not.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2010, 10:02:17 pm »
Yuk! I hope not.

Barbara please.  SoBe's been overrun with guidos for a good decade already.  They'll fit right in.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2010, 10:18:18 pm »
Barbara please.  SoBe's been overrun with guidos for a good decade already.  They'll fit right in.

Child please. Can't say that I agree. A few guidos maybe. Mainly a bunch of cha-cha muscle heads and ganXta wannabes. The local yellow press (AKA The New Times) recently reported on how South Beach queens --we don't use SoBe here :)-- have been [supposedly] fleeing to Ft. Lauderdale/Wilton Manors due to the changes in demographics and an increase in hate crimes.

As much as I love me some Ronnie and Snooki I am not too fond of bringing more rubbish down here.   

On a separate note my sis tells me that The Situation is planning to release a fragrance? Says she heard it on the local radio.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2010, 06:22:22 pm »
Well if it smells like hot guido crotch mixed with good italian cologne, it's a winner.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2010, 06:30:59 pm »
Child please. Can't say that I agree. A few guidos maybe.

You're in denial. :)

Most of the time when I was going to Miami annually from the early-90s until around 2003 it was for Winter Music Conference, and at least for that event there was a massive influx of guidos after 2000.  Actually come to think of it I went to a wedding at the Eden Roc in 1998 and my plane was full of them, but it was Memorial Day weekend too.

The first time I went to South Beach in 1990 (you were probably still on the swing set) it was either elderly Jews or fashion models there.  That was about it.

Offline Jody

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2010, 09:24:48 pm »
Oy Philly...You must have run into my parents and aunt and uncle at the Fountainbleu already, what!!!!

You really do get around, I guess you were "seen" at the IHOP for the early bird special around 4 PM...Don't be late or you'll miss the appetizers...Just 5.95 honey, all you can eat, can't be beat.  Just make sure the Maalox is handy tonight!

Hey a new idea for reality TV, after all America has such a shortage of quality reality TV as the dumbing down contiunes unabated.  :D  Pretty soon we will all be George Bush Jr. or Sarah Palin!!! Double OY!

Jody  :) ;) :D
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline tokyodecadence

• A one room disco.
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2010, 09:25:16 pm »
I'm old fashion. I still watch the Hills.
[.Fodão.]

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2010, 10:14:58 pm »
  Pretty soon we will all be George Bush Jr. or Sarah Palin!!! Double OY!

Those shows already aired and were ultimately cancelled, thank God.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline edfu

"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline mecch

« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2010, 08:45:41 am »
I think they should go to Rimini on the Adriatic in Italy. It's kind of the "Jersey Shore" of Italy. Gorgeous and tacky all together.
Then as a side story they can have these "Italian" Americans confront real Italian culture and Italian young people like -- or unlike -- themselves.

Maybe they could get Martin Scorsese to direct a guest episode. Or Sophia Coppola.  Then the whole thing could be double shot - for Jersey Shore MTV, and for some fashion magazine.  Bruce Weber photos.

Well that's what I would do if I were MTV program director.  Then if you did one or two really amazing episodes, it would add an edgey documentary note to the brew, and maybe head toward the Emmy and some way out of the tele-reality hole we are in. 

The Situation has some cocky charm - think a "punched in the face" Marky Mark.  

I hope they have good agents and don't end up all screwed up like Jon Gosselin.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:55:54 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2010, 10:04:34 am »

Update on the Situation's new fragrance... it is called "Sitch." According to EW it smells like gym, tanning, laundry, and desperation.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mike-the-situation-sorrentino-launching-cologne_article_28440

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2010, 10:11:57 am »
I think they should go to Rimini on the Adriatic in Italy. It's kind of the "Jersey Shore" of Italy. Gorgeous and tacky all together.
Then as a side story they can have these "Italian" Americans confront real Italian culture and Italian young people like -- or unlike -- themselves.

I like it! Sort of "The Beverly Hillbillies: Italian Style!"

Offline mecch

« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2010, 10:39:22 am »
Well sorta but Rimini isn't Capri or Sardinia, isn't very chic for Italians, so its not Beverly Hills, its gorgeous and party party like Ibiza.

If we want to go the Beverly Hills route we can send them to Martha's Vineyard but there's not much to amuse them there, or Saint Tropez.  Or as proposed, the Hamptons. I think them in the Hamptons would be dreadful.  Hamptoms people are not generous.

Cannes is pretty flashy and there is plenty of trouble to get into in bigger beach cities. I think they would all be fun together at the Formula 1 Grand Prix in Monte Carlo. That's the perfect mix of high and low.  These Jersey Girls are quite NASCAR but they are guido so they appreciate Italian brands. I'd like to see them get VIP access for some things and get snubbed by the hip hop yacht crowd. The boys would feel emasculated by all the rich testosterone on display.  They could get dissed by the hip hop crowd for being low rent celebrities.  The billionaires (arabs, euros) all look down on the hip hop and hollywood "yachts" because they are too small or rented, and the black stars aren't billionaires!  

Eternal pecking order.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 11:21:37 am by mecch »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2010, 02:05:46 pm »
I always found the Hamptons crowd very generous, even to the point of having a vintage Rolls Royce convertible at my disposal one weekend.  But they would definitely shun the Jersey Shore crowd.  I can't recall ever seeing any guidos out there at all, and I used to go out to East Hampton several times a year for about a decade.  Always good times, and the wealthy queens I knew would never let me spend a cent. 

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2010, 04:52:00 pm »
Is this an MTV reality TV program?   Duh... 

Is The Real World [sic] still on the air?  Yesterday while registering people and dogs at the Krewe of Barkus  parade I heard several references from the stage about MTV & The Real World but luckily my booth was well concealed so I never saw any of the dweebs. 

In the Anals of TV history MTV will be recognized as the originator of "reality TV (unless you count "Queen for a Day" in the 60s...)"  and duly vilified for crimes against humanity. 
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.