Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:27:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 306
Total: 308

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: searching for some advice..  (Read 2906 times)

Offline i_speak_azerty

searching for some advice..
« on: June 29, 2007, 06:41:20 am »
Hi,

first of all I would like to thank all of you for keeping this useful website nice and clean. A lot of good relevant information is available here. Keep up the good work.

I'm from Europe and my English is not very good, hopefully it will not bother you too much.

I will try to write my story as clear as possible.

A month ago I was for 2 weeks on a business trip to the US. During the weekend, I went out for a drink and met 3 people (1 guy, 2 girls) who were very amusing. Later that night, the couple left and I went on with the other girl. I was staying in a hotel and she could not get home that night (was living in another state). I offered her the second bed in my room and she agreed. We were both very drunk and that was the primary mistake of course. I also have girlfriend back home so this makes it even more complex.

When we arrived at the hotel, we ended up in the same bed, drunk and in need for cuddling. Before we got started, I asked her is she was "clean". She confirmed. She had her period and had a tampon placed. Then I fingered her clitoris and afterwards my glans penis was frequently against her vagina (not in). Afterwards, I masturbated myself and her fluids were on my fingers.

I had very light abrasion on my glans penis.. coming from an inflammation that I have had 2 or 3 days ago (I use corticosteroids to treat that).

After a week and still going on now, I got symptoms like headaches starting from my neck, shaking hands, diarrhea for 2 days and painful eyes who react to light. I also suffer some undefined muscle pain in arms and legs an a dry cough. I also feel very tired, slightly dizzy and nausea.

When I came back I had sex with my girlfriend for many times because I was unaware that it was possible to get HIV when there was no penetration. Then I started looking for the symptoms I experienced and here I am now. I feel very stressed and preparing to go to a test center. They recommend 6 weeks before testing and this is the 4th week now. Do you think it is useful to test after 30 days?  Or is there no risk?

I also emailed the US girl to ask if she had HIV or other STD. She told me she had HPV about 6 months ago and has a chronic sinus infection that lowers her immune system.

Thank you for taking your time and reading this. It means a lot to me.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: searching for some advice..
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:12:10 am »
I was unaware that it was possible to get HIV when there was no penetration.

Azert,

The fact is, hiv transmission occurs INSIDE the human body, so penetration does need to take place.

Nothing you did with this woman put you at risk for hiv infection. What puts you at risk is unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, no matter who it is with, even your girlfriend - unless you have tested together with her and you know for FACT - not assumption - that you are both hiv negative.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You do not need to test over the incident with the stranger, but you do need to test three months past your last incident of unprotected intercourse, no matter who it was with unless you have tested hiv negative together.

And by the way, when you ask someone if they are "clean" to find out what their hiv status is, you imply that those of us who are hiv positive are "dirty". I'm not dirty - I shower daily.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline i_speak_azerty

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 07:27:07 am »
And by the way, when you ask someone if they are "clean" to find out what their hiv status is, you imply that those of us who are hiv positive are "dirty". I'm not dirty - I shower daily.

I'm sorry about the word choice, you even make me laugh with your answer.  I told you my english is not that good.  I'll wash my  mouth now.  ;) sorry!

As for the incident I had, I have learned a lot of things about safe sex and this is a very important lesson for me because unprotected sex won't happen again.  Also the large amount of alcohol intake will not happen again, it causes more trouble than good.

I feel slightly better now but to besure, I will have my blood tested next week.  Is it usefull to test myself on HIV after 30 days?

Thank you for your reply. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 07:37:33 am »
azert,

As I already told you, for a conclusive result, you need to test three months past your last incident of unprotected intercourse. You do not need to test for the incident with the stranger.

You can test when you want to, but only a test three months after your last incident of unprotected intercourse will be conclusive.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.