Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:08:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 361
Total: 361

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread #42 The more we share, the more we have.  (Read 57038 times)

Offline Lostgirl

Re: Ladies Thread #42 The more we share, the more we have.
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2008, 12:41:36 pm »
Morning/afternoon/evening ladies.  Wherever you are in the world.

Win - its raining like mad here in Houston too.  Pity as it is my step-daughter's b/day today (she, along with my daughter and her fiance are all over from Scotland for a vacation) and she was hoping to get some of that sun while here due to the fact we don't get a lot in the North East of Scotland!  Still, at least it is warm rain!

Speaking of Scotland, all you ladies with Scottish ancestry - I'm proud of you all!!  'Ferguson' - great Scottish name, and of course 'Burns' - well you can't get more Scottish than a bit of Robbie Burns - Ode to the Haggis and all that!! Here's a bit of fun for a rainy day:   A wee test on your 'Scottishness' - see who can come up with a translation of a famous Burns poem title - 'Wee timerous, cowrin beastie ......'   GOOD LUCK!!  What do the words mean, and who is he talking about?????  Something to think about!

Take care.
Lorraine
ps haven't even bothered with spell check as it will probably blow a gasket with the Scots!
Lostgirl

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2008, 12:51:17 pm »
Afternoon Ladies---

It figures just as I am ready to post, Lucifer wants to be loved. I guess you know, I slid his ass out of the way. He is so spoiled. I am going to train him to walk with leash soon. He has been dropping hints that he wants to go outside. I just hope I don't get mauled by a dog when I decide to take him out. I think I'll start him out on being in the backyard on the leash first. I'll keep you posted on that.

I went to see my primary this morning. It seems my chloresterol has gotten a little high at 124, it was 104 a week prior. I have been trying to figure out what I have been eating. Nothing bad that I can tell, a lot of salad and avacados, and a few steaks. I haven't even had any shrimp lately. It also appears that my liver enzymes have gone back to normal. I can't help but realize this considering that I have not been taking my meds lately. I have yet to hear back from my ID doc to see if he wants me to get back on them or if he is giving me a holiday of sorts. My A1C is at 8.1 so I will be going to a diabetes class soon and starting the Lantus shot at night. He wants my fasting sugar to be at 100 and it has been around 180. I think it is because of those late night munchies. But I am going to start the Y very soon. I have already been talking to my sister about it.

That is about it for me. Going to surf for a few then make some calls. I'll check back in later.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2008, 02:55:39 pm »
I have no clue Lorraine. I'm just a plain old white mutt here. My family isn't really connected to any heritage. I think I favor the english part of my ancestry in looks.
Mutt meaning there are so many different lineages in my family we cant claim one. LOL

My cousin visited Scotland several years ago. She enjoyed the trip and when she asked locals about the family name she was told she was a descendant of sheep thieves. LOL

Queen - I've seen a couple of cats on leashes in my lifetime but have never seen one without laughing.
I did find a video of a kitty going for a drag on a leash. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/v/VYFykLBcsNo&hl=en&fs=1

Offline Lostgirl

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2008, 03:31:42 pm »
Win - not that it is of world shattering interest but it is an ode to a mouse and means: 'little frightened crouched animal'!!  Gee, a little like myself this time last year!!

Lets face it, most Scots are descended from nefarious clansmen - sheepstealing the most common one!  How do you think Australia got settled??
LOL
L.
Lostgirl

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2008, 03:34:31 pm »
LOL

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2008, 04:52:05 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Mahalia, I really hope a job opens up for you soon somewhere. 

Andrea, well I can tell you that any time I've had a piercing (facial or otherwise) I cleaned around the piercing with a "pierced ear" cleaning solution and twisted the stud a couple times, to avoid crustiness and scabs.  Don't worry about blowing your nose.  I didn't even notice when my nose was pierced.  So, it sounds like you're ready for school to start back (well, not really, eh?).

Wendy, I'm glad you're feeling some better.  If the turtle fell into the pool, wouldn't he be able to swim? 

Angel, you just hang in there.  It'll get better, I promise.

Lorraine, I had no clue about that Scottish "riddle."  I know my dad's father was from Ireland.  I think his mother was English.  On my mum's side, there's Welsh, Scottish and something else, not sure what.  I suppose I'm just a "mutt" like what Wendy was talking about.

Queen, yeah, I would guess the cholesterol and elevated A1C were from late night munching.  Mine will probably be off as well, as I do a lot of "weekend" munching.  I just can't give up sweets sometimes. 

The day at the shelter was uneventful.  Someone left.  He went down to the big homeless shelter because they can offer more assistance and somehow he got in.  Usually everywhere is full.  I wonder where Mum has been.  I'm dying to hear about Mexico City and see some pictures.  Anyway, I'm posting now instead of tonight because my best friend is supposed to be over, so I won't get a chance to post later.  You ladies all have a good evening.

I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2008, 06:07:26 pm »
Hey Ladies,

How have you all been? Nothing really exciting going on in my life at the moment. I work in a daycare center and a bug has been going around. I think I have it, Its coming out of both ends (TMI?) I have started my new class and it is going ok. I have been really tired lately. I stayed up all day and night friday until 630 am saturday morning doing my hair in some kinky braids. I was about to fall over. My son birthday was sunday and he had a party.

Have any of you ladies feel as if you are workin on auto polite. its like  i cant concentrate but im gtting the work done  ??? its hard to explain.

Queen- welcome back!!! i have missed you girlie.

Betty- have you started school yet?

Mum-  it sounds like you and mini enjoyed the trip

Angel - its going to be okay, i was just diagonised in dec'07. I cried for like 2 weeks staight no stop all day. It eventuall got better. I foung these women and i started reading and trying to educate my self ((((HUGS)))

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2008, 06:21:00 pm »
If the turtle fell into the pool, wouldn't he be able to swim? 

Yeah she just wouldn't be able to get out of the pool. We have found her in the pool skimmer a few times.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2008, 08:52:28 pm »
Glad to know the turtle will survive in the pool. Betty had me worried after she mentioned it and I was thinking if the big turtles could swim then why not the little ones...Uh, yeah, I have been blazing and I am thinking too much.. ;D

Keeping--It is good to be missed. So how is the married life treating you?

Wini---My demon kitty Lucifer is quite large for a tom and I think he is putting on weight from being fixed last month. It will definitely be a work in progress type thing but I don't think I'll have any problems, Lucifer is quite smart for a cat.

Animal Enforcement is coming for Nef and Athena tomorrow. I will miss them so Lucifer will be my last cat. My next pet will be an iguana.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2008, 09:46:43 pm »
Quick post cause neck is throbbing.  Queen, so sorry about the kitties, I can't even stand to read about it.  :(  I went to the chiropractor today cause my neck was KILLING me, left work early and everything.  My insurance ran out for chiro so I had to pay $45!!! 

As I was leaving work for my appt, the CFO and my mgr went into HR's office.  I have this feeling, very STRONG feeling, that I am going to get fired, call it a hunch.  Its very clicky at work, and if you haven't been there more than 10 years they shitcan you.  I think I'm next so I have been applying to jobs tonight.

Mum, glad you and Mini made it home safely!

Betty, I was born 11/14/69, so i will be 39 soon.  My point was that Iceman is thinking ahead, WAY ahead, and wants us to be together.  Its a great, secure feeling.

OK, neck is pulsing, so I need to go.  More this weekend, and lots more if I lose my job!   ::)

~ Cindy

**Its 3:00am and I can't sleep, my mind is racing about work.  This isn't fair.   :(
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 03:00:17 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline daisychain

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2008, 03:54:59 am »
Hi all,

yesterday was a crappy day for me, I cried on and off most of the day.
Im so frustrated and angry and sad and hell im not entirely sure what I feel to be honest.
I just want someone to take it all away.

I have been reading lots which I think is NOT helping to be quite honest but I cant seem to stop myself.
Im getting such conflicting advice and I dont know what to believe and do.

I have the shitty cold I cant shift, I dont feel unwell but my head is clogged and it wont go away, im taking a Vitamin C immune booster each day and im on anti-biotics for a girlie issue, im bloated above normal levels.
I dont feel sexy I feel like shite.

We are supposed to be going out with friends at weekend and I just dont want to, which is horrid because prior to finding this out, I was so looking forward to seeing everyone. (we dont go out much due to lack of funds and saving for our wedding which is next year)

Im sorry girls, I havent caught on with everyones names yet.

But the lady who asked if I have anyone beside steve to talk to, well my mum knows whats wrong mainly because we are so close she knows before I even pick up the phone when something is wrong and I knew I wouldnt be able to hide it, so told her as soon as we got back from the clinic, but she is going through her own struggles with cancer so dont like to bug her to much. I have got a number for the george house trust which is a support system but I cant even pick up the phone to ring the number, im so scared and I dont know what from.

Our sex life is terrible at the moment, due to the issue of us having to use condoms when we have sex with each other (see above re anti-biotics from using condoms a week ago) We asked our doc and he said that although he advises we should use them due to the re-infection issue that as long as steve doesnt ejaculate in me then we can if we dont want use them. This is the confusing bit so anyone with advice then throw it my way.

I have read that for a HIV+ female to pass it to a male is pretty rare (although can happen) So a pretty small chance of me re-infecting steve, if he doesnt ejaculate in me that chance of him re-infecting me is reduced too. Is this right?

Also does anyone knows the oral stats me to him and vice versa, im guessing for male giving oral to female the chance of me passing something is pretty slim, but what about me giving him oral.

sorry to get so graphic but we did have a rather healthy sex life and now its at NIL.

im hoping for no tears today
Angelxxx
thanks again

tendai

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2008, 07:24:27 am »
i've started a new thread.  consider this one closed...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.