Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:11:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37671
  • Latest: Lucy90
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773435
  • Total Topics: 66363
  • Online Today: 322
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 282
Total: 283

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: worried sick need help please  (Read 7928 times)

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
worried sick need help please
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:32:31 am »
Ann and other moderator please give me some information because you guys are dealing with this kind of matter for a very long time.

In 06/06/2014 I have sex with a female sex worker with condom but i did continue for some time after i did ejaculated, but the condom was there but the semen was spread all in side the condom,
didn't think any thing had unprotected sex with wife on 08/06/2014 but freak out went to local gum hospital at London ask for pep but the docktor said not enough high risk exposer to introduce pep. tell me to come back for blood test 4 week later. i think ok it's not risky went to the same girl again at 07/07/2014 have protected sex with condom even change the condom once i push her hard. i touch her vagina which is wet and i got some cuts in my fingers. after that i got sore throat 12/07/2014 i didn't have sex with my wife after that but we did kiss. nose block DRY COUGH ( DRY COUGH LAST 6 WEEK) 20/07/2014 start filling really tired concern about that went to gum clinic at 21/07/2014 have a hiv 4th generation test and test for hap b,c and syphilis and Gregorian, test came back negative, went to gp he gave me amoxillin 500 for one week but it make me so drowsy and Fatigue i did watery stole once but really really worried did another blood test at a  04/08/2014 and all other STD all come back negative but in this time my wife starting cough and really weak and runny nose i freakd out (because i got red tonsil and  sore throat till today 08/09/2014 my wife is sick for 6 week now) i did another 4th generation hiv test a London GUM clinic on 22/08/2014 and other STD comeback negative , did another HIV test 4th generation on 02/09/2014 came back negative, i still got sour throat and 4 lamnodes swallow  i can fill them i am really worried please can you give me some ans.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: worried sick need help please
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 10:42:08 am »
You have not had a risk for HIV having protected sex... and fingering is not a risk cuts or no cuts on your fingers . Here is the testing window periods for HIV using the antibody test, You can test 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 3 months.  If you are using other test then you can discuss the window periods with them at the time . 

The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. Most who are infected will test positive by 6 weeks. For various reasons a small number will take longer and that is why we follow the CDC recommendation to test at 3 months for a conclusive negative result.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI.Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you did not have a risk and do not need to test for this specific incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 10:51:27 am »
but moderator what about my symptoms i am so worried what are my chances to negative at 13 week time test. you guys working in this forum from 2008 in this time frame did you ever hard any one tested negative at 8 week with 4th generation test turn positive later test. please ann and other moderator respond me from your personal experience. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 10:57:29 am »
We do not discuss symptoms because they are not specific to HIV ... you did not have a risk and have tested negative so whatever is going on with your health is not HIV related so go see a doctor and find out why . I can assure you that we have not seen a case where a there was not a risk and a person went on to test positive . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 12:17:04 pm »
I saw so many people who is POZ and did used condom for sex. But still they are positive aren't they.

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 12:44:55 pm »
ann tell some one she didn't see in her personal experience that she know some 6 week negative turn positive after that. i don't know but i see in poz forum there is so many people who is positive after 2 month negative any thing you want to say ann or any one?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 12:56:51 pm »
You are worrying yourself unnecessarily. Those who might have delayed positive results are often when longterm intravenous drug use has been involved or a lower immune system due to cancer or other major illness.

I don't see those issues as being applicable to you and I don't expect you to have other than a negative result if you test again.

Meantime you really need to work on focusing on other things in your life while waiting to re-test. Don't bother saying you are too worried to do that because that kind of response won't fly here.

Your real issue is a very familiar one: your guilt over having strayed. You did what you did and you can't do it. Do yourself and your wife a favor and let that go.
Andy Velez

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 01:02:09 pm »
Ann is away ... Other peoples test and experience have nothing to do with you own personal assessment we did for you . Its true a 6 weeks negative test rarely ever changes to positive when confirmed at 12 weeks .

Im going to give you the bottom line here . If you do not trust the advice or a negative HIV test at 8 weeks then wait and go test at 12 weeks and be done with it . You never had a risk so move on already .

Condoms are designed in such a way as to leave no doubt if they fail ... the condom did not fail in case . An intact condom means no HIV . The statistics or stories talking about condoms not being 100% effective are right ... it means that condoms do sometime fail but it does not mean that there is still a HIV risk with an intact condom . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 12:25:46 am »
I'm worried i still got the sour through my wife is coughing for 6 week block nose and pregnant the last time i had sex with her on 8/06/2014 after my first encounter with the sex worker on 06/06/2014 and i did tested last 02/09/2014 which is negative did i infect my wife? I did kiss her though in july ( to inform you guys i got two encounter one in 06/06/2014 and again 07/07/2014 i used condom for veginal sex) tested on all std 21/07/2014 -neg, 04/08/2014-neg, tested on 22/08/2014- neg, tested on 02/08/2014-neg got massel pain and sour through for 9 weeks i got my sour through 

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 02:09:27 am »
 any one pls

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 08:07:15 am »
You are making yourself sick.  I will say it again, though it's been told to you throughout this thread-you did not have an HIV risk.  It has been explained to you what situations occur when people test positive after testing negative and they do not apply to you. 

I believe, as Andy said, you have a lot of guilt over having cheated on your wife.  If you cannot get over this, you need to see a therapist.  But let the HIV thing go, it's not helpful and if you continue on with this thread continuously asking the same thing when you've been told, you will be given a time out.  Period.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 08:25:54 am »
my wife tested on 09/09/2014 for hiv and other std she is negative but still coughfing, i got swollen lamnude and sour through. worried ............................big time

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 08:28:30 am »
You did not have a risk and your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV so go see a doctor if you are sick .

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 11:14:16 am »
Today i got massel pain in arm , sour through 10 week now, redness in the tonsil, light headed, weak two mouth sour appears today. Wife is still go dry cough, I am really filling lonely and very sad. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 11:47:15 am »
You did not have a risk and your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV so go see a doctor if you are sick .

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Last warning ... HIV is not your problem so go see a doctor and find out what is up, we cant help you with that . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 06:02:12 am »
i am going to get my final (after 12 week test) hiv test on Roayal London Gum clinic 1/10/2014 please prey for me guys. yesterday i fill sick and my wife too. i got the sour thraut still now since 21/07/2014. I find out that if i sleep less it make me really week it never happens before. my result of blood work going to come on 03/10/2014 if every thing ok. other wise it's going to be a .......... please prey for us and my unborn daughter.   

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 06:06:43 am »
the doctor at gum clinic  told me my test result become negative at 13 week mark is 99% and one percent chance of being HIV positive but this 1% is very big and for me because i don't know is the condom broke. 

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 07:40:33 am »
the doctor at gum clinic  told me my test result become negative at 13 week mark is 99% and one percent chance of being HIV positive but this 1% is very big and for me because i don't know is the condom broke.

Of course you tested negative, as you never had a risk.  Please get on with your life now, as HIV is not a concern for you or your family.

Joe

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 07:27:50 am »
hi my 85 day blood work hiv 4th generation came back negative do i need to test again? it was labtest on NHS Gum Clinic they said it's conclusive as i gave my blood after 12 week after my last exposer. first exposer 06/06/2014 condom used second exposer 07/07/2014 condom used

blood work at NHS Gum clinic lab test 4th generation

21/07/2014  negative
04/08/2014  negative
22/08/2014  negative
02/09/2014  negative
30/09/2014  negative

am i conclusively negative?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:34:36 am by tariq5000 »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 08:18:31 am »
Get on with your life ... you never had a risk and the test prove that you are conclusively HIV negative . You do not need further testing for this incident .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 08:37:34 am »
i still filling light headed and got sour thraut should i test again for hiv on 92 day mark as my 85 day came negative.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 09:11:32 am »
Get on with your life ... you never had a risk and the test prove that you are conclusively HIV negative . You do not need further testing for this incident .

If you are sick go see a doctor .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tariq5000

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 02:25:32 pm »
hi we have a beautiful daughter on 04/11/2014 on c section i tell the mom not to breast feed until another hiv test she tested on 24/11/2014 ( four month after i started testing for hiv on 21/07/2014) she is negative and she started to feed the baby as i think two of us didn't show up hiv any body on hiv 4th generation test until 4 month. as my wife tested twice one in 09/09/2014 and again on 24/11/2014, my exposer was with a sex worker with condom on 06/06/15 and again 07/07/14 tested 21/07/2014 ,04/08/2014, 22/08/2014, 02/09/2014, 30/09/2014, 27/10/2014 all 4th generation test and all negative . but my baby daughter start having a Diarrhoea for 2.5 week at that time i took another hiv test but it was on local HIV organisation called positive east done on 13/01/2015 ( 27  week after my last encounter with the sex worker) rapid test which use a small amount of blood from the finger and result is available in 60 second and it's negative. But I am still not filling i am safe       
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:29:45 pm by tariq5000 »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 02:41:57 pm »
You do not have HIV … Congratulations on the baby !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.