Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:23:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 347
Total: 348

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I would like to share my story.  (Read 5971 times)

Offline lordelc

I would like to share my story.
« on: September 06, 2007, 09:28:44 am »
To begin with I am a husband and a father of three of the best children in the world. Last November I was admitted to the hospital with a severe case of pneumonia. The day after I was admitted I went into respiratory failure and they has to incubate me for seven days and put me on life support. I was in the hospital for a total of 3 weeks. While I was in ICU they drugged me up so much and nothing was working and finally they tested me for the PCP bacteria (which is only found in HIV or cancer patients). I tested positive for this bacteria and they stared me immediately on other medicine to clear it up. It finally worked and I was out of ICU in two days not knowing what happened. After further Tests i tested positive for HIV. Let me just say that I have been faithful to my wife the whole 17 years we have been married so we are really confused as how this could happen. After speaking to the doctors we have found out that i could be from one of the many root canals that I had done or dental work or one of the many operations that I had. You would think that doctors in this day and age would be more careful. the doctors said we may never know how I got it, but we just need to deal with it so that I can be here for my family.

When I left the hospital my cd count was at 4. Now it is at 98(almost 9 months later). I thanks god everyday that I am here. At this time my viral load is undetectable. We have past the state of confusion of how this happened and rely upon our faith in god to pull us through. The only people that knows about this is my wife and my in laws. We have pretty much keep this to ourselves because we know that there is a stigma with being HIV+ and that is that it is only a gay mans disease--We have learned that it is not. I anticipate living for along time even though the medicines are very expensive. We hope that one day there will be a cure. We have our good days and our bad days, but i guess that is expected. I just wanted to share with you my story and let you all know that everything will be OK.

Offline structuredjen

Re: I would like to share my story.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 09:39:41 am »
It sounds like you have a wonderful wife and an amazing source of strength in your faith.  Thank you for sharing.  I wish you and your family the very best.   

Offline Fabrizio

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 11:54:15 am »
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, we all have bad days and good day when it comes to coping with Hiv. Your family seems to be very supportive and that's going to help you greatly!

Worried and Optimistic Negative Partner

Offline SecretKeeper

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 09:24:30 am »
Wow.  Don't know what to say other than I wish you and your family the best.  And that you can continue to be strong for each other.

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 08:25:00 pm »
thanks for the story.... i wish you keep on getting better. Hugs.

Juan Carlos
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.