Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:08:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 349
Total: 350

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Could this be the holy grail ?  (Read 364805 times)

Offline veritas

Re: Could this be the holy grail ?
« Reply #500 on: January 31, 2010, 01:32:35 pm »

Progress with antibodies --- Bavituximab mentioned as a possible "Holy Grail" antibody.:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2800955/pdf/nihms89559.pdf

"Anti-virals remain a healthy market, with numerous small molecules and antibody based
therapeutics in development and the primary emphasis on HIV and hepatitis B and C [3]. This
is partly because of the need for treatments in these areas and the continuing effectivity of the
17 polyclonal human immunoglobulin preparations available in the US [4]. Major challenges
when designing antibody therapies against viruses include identification of potently
neutralizing epitopes which are conserved across serotypes and the potential for rapidly
evolving viruses to generate escape variants which are no longer inhibited by the antibody.
Combination therapies, either an antibody co-administered with a small molecule (i.e.,
ribavirin) or a combination of neutralizing antibodies binding distinct epitopes can address
these issues"

"The “holy grail” anti-viral antibody would be one which targets a generic aspect of viral
pathogenesis, an antibody that could be used to treat a wide range of viral infections without
the need to diagnose the specific virus responsible for infection or concern over development
of escape variants. One antibody with this potential has been reported in US patent
7,455,833, an anti-phospholipid antibody marketed as Bavituximab by Peregrine
Pharmaceuticals, Inc"

Should I sue them for using my  "by-line" --- LOL

It's Happening !!!!!

v

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #501 on: January 31, 2010, 02:32:50 pm »

Should I sue them for using my  "by-line" --- LOL

I am vexed! How dare they :)
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline veritas

« Reply #502 on: January 31, 2010, 04:21:08 pm »
I am vexed! How dare they :)

Not to mention wretched, since I published first !

I think I'll settle for a complete round of second generation Bavi therapeutic.

That's it !

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #503 on: February 06, 2010, 06:51:34 am »

CAVD reports interim progress reports on the:

Project: Broadly Reactive Neutralizing Antibodies: Novel Strategies for Vaccine Design

http://www.cavd.org/grantees/Pages/progressAbstracts_Haynes.aspx

It's Happening !

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #504 on: February 08, 2010, 06:45:36 pm »

More evidence showing that phosphilipids are a good selective target.

'There is a major ongoing research effort to identify oligonucleotide
and protein biomarkers of malignant disease.1 Phospholipid
biomarkers are less common; however, there is increasing evidence
that the membrane surfaces of certain cells and particles of
biomedical significance, such as apoptotic cells,2 activated cells,3
tumor vasculature,4 microvesicles,5 bacteria,6 and viruses,7 expose
unusually high levels of negatively charged phospholipids. Proteins
and antibodies that can selectively target these anionic membrane
surfaces and distinguish them from the near-neutral membrane
surfaces of normal human cells have promising potential as imaging
probes,8 drug delivery agents,9 and targeted molecular therapeutics.
10 Notable examples are the protein, Annexin V, which is under
clinical investigation as an imaging probe for dead/dying tissue,11
and the antibody, Bavituximab, which targets viruses and tumor

vasculature.12 It is often challenging to optimize the formulation
and pharmaceutical properties of proteins; thus, there is a need to
develop small molecule mimics of these proteins that exhibit the
same targeting capabilities'

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/ja908467y?cookieSet=1

IT'S HAPPENING !

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #505 on: February 11, 2010, 10:29:33 am »

Here is the latest news on cotara, a therapy for brain cancer. The take away for this therapy  can be found in this statement of the release:

"Additionally, the median survival time of the 28 patients was 38 weeks, a 58% increase over the historical median survival time of 24 weeks for GBM patients treated with standard-of-care therapy."

http://ir.peregrineinc.com/releaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=444373

Now you might ask: what does this have to do with bavituximab? If cotara works that good alone, think of the possibilities ,if they combined cotara with bavituximab as a missle and payload therapy for Brain Cancer !! The results could be enhanced, imho. Not to mention all other types of cancers, many of which, hiv positive patients are afflicted. ( If you have been following this thread, the cancer indications have been reported here, also.)

Still no negative peer reviews that I could find. Anxiously waiting for anti-viral news.

It's Happening !

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #506 on: February 11, 2010, 12:46:46 pm »

For those who aren't familiar with Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM), see these stats from UCLA:

http://www.neurooncology.ucla.edu/Performance/GlioblastomaMultiforme.aspx

These stats will allow the reader to understand how remarkably cotara performed.

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #507 on: February 15, 2010, 06:09:00 am »
A stronger more powerful antibody found, stronger than any others found to date ---- m9.

" M9 was much more potent than scFv 17b, and more potent than or comparable to the best-characterized broadly neutralizing hmAbs IgG1 b12, 2G12, 2F5 and 4E10"

"These results suggest that m9 is a novel anti-HIV-1 candidate with potential therapeutic or prophylactic properties, and its epitope is a new target for drug or vaccine development".

https://www.landesbioscience.com/journals/mabs/article/11416

How about a Bavi missle with an m9 payload ?

It's Happening !!

v

ps: take a peak at the researchers co-authoring this paper ------ the first string of hiv research!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 06:40:44 am by veritas »

Offline aferstilo

« Reply #508 on: February 15, 2010, 08:03:00 am »
Wow last post seems great, I Have great hope that something reall good will happen very soon for us!!
1/13/09 CD4 1129/34.2% - VL 22,000
5/15/09 CD4 1300/33%   -  VL 35,000
11/17/09 CD4 659/ 23%  - VL 150,000
1/18/09  - STarted Atripla
2/18/10 Cd4 774- 30% - Vl 1,600
5/6/10   CD4 866 40% - VL Undetectable

Offline veritas

« Reply #509 on: February 15, 2010, 01:20:26 pm »

Background on m9 (technical):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC108702/

Seems like m9 recognises a protein on cell surfaces, whereas bavi recognises a fat (ps). Perhaps , there are synergies with the two therapies to enhance therapeutic effect (missle and payload). Promising !

The science is certainly going forward.

It's Happening !

v

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #510 on: February 15, 2010, 01:31:29 pm »
Nice find. What do they mean by an "engineered" antibody? I assume they mean it's man-made.

Offline veritas

« Reply #511 on: February 15, 2010, 02:01:50 pm »

Inch,

Your right, m9 is man-made. This allows the antibody to be made in quantity at a reasonable price (hopefully), not only for therapeutic use but also possibly as a vaccine. A costly vaccine won't solve the third world aids problem as readily due to funding. Now the questions are: Will it be effective in humans? When will they start the trials? Is it safe?

Let's hope we catch a break !

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #512 on: February 15, 2010, 06:56:43 pm »

Bavituximab call out ---------

"Bavituximab is a drug currently undergoing trials for treatment of hepatitis C and HIV. It destroys body cells that harbor the virus, so it does offer promise of curing latent infections such as herpes."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/life/stories/2010/02/15/2_DONO0215.ART_ART_02-15-10_D2_O3GI9RB.html?sid=101

It's Happening!

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #513 on: February 19, 2010, 09:21:38 am »

Further evidence from CROI that anti-ps antibodies can neutralize hiv:

http://www.retroconference.org/2010/Abstracts/37104.htm

"Here, we demonstrate that anti-E2 antibodies neutralize HIV-1 and 2, as well as SIV by targeting Phospholipids within the retroviral lipid bilayer. In a comparable manner, these lipid structures are recognized by the broad HIV neutralizing antibodies (BNAb) 2F5, 4E10, and Z13e1. Therefore, we demonstrate for the first time that such lipid targeted BNAb can be elicited by a heterologous viral glycoprotein, outlining new promising HIV vaccination strategies."

It's Happening !

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #514 on: March 05, 2010, 06:16:10 am »

Bill Gates, Anthony Fauci, Anti-ps and HIV ------ It's Happening!

http://www.peregrineinc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=85&Itemid=151

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #515 on: March 07, 2010, 10:35:37 am »

Will cd8 cells play a role in any vaccine against HIV? Do long term non-progressors use cd8s to control the virus? Duke gives us some insight:

http://jvi.asm.org/cgi/content/abstract/JVI.00138-10v1?maxtoshow=&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=duke+research+2010&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT

IT's Happening!

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #516 on: March 11, 2010, 05:26:40 am »

IAVI reports on: Lipids, Antibodies and Vaccine briefs along with research updates from CROI:

http://www.iavi.org/lists/iavipublications/attachments/409aee04-63a3-4f83-b432-3be08f7b4913/iavi_iavi_report_jan-feb_2010_eng.pdf

A long read, however, it's up to the minute research for those who are interested.

It's Happening !!

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #517 on: March 13, 2010, 05:11:19 am »

Anti-ps and cancer ------- could a possible cancer vaccine be in the not too distant future?

http://www.abstractsonline.com/Plan/ViewAbstract.aspx?sKey=442fffe5-4c06-49dd-8502-558fd7965952&cKey=40051adb-f50a-47d5-a7b9-7e3fae7fed5b&mKey=%7b0591FA3B-AFEF-49D2-8E65-55F41EE8117E%7d

"These results have important implications for our understanding of the immunosuppressive effects of PS in cancer and could lead to the development of a novel whole cell cancer vaccine strategy in which PS-blocking is used to enhance immunogenicity."

It's Happening!

Offline brazilianman

« Reply #518 on: March 16, 2010, 08:37:58 am »
 :'(veritas, I have followed with hope that study of anti-ps. but we need something more practical. peregrine not released the results yet. Why? bavituximab like to see on the shelves of pharmacies dealing with us positive, not in a room search for life. :'(

Offline veritas

« Reply #519 on: March 16, 2010, 10:11:34 am »

braziliaman,

Nice to hear from you, you haven't been posting for awhile. Glad your back.

To answer your question, Baituximab is being pushed full steam ahead by Peregrine for cancer indications. It seems they are leaving the viral end to others like CHAVI (for HIV) and Dept of Defense for other viral indications. They are also applying for more patents concerning both indications since it seems their R&D (UTNW) keeps coming up with more efficient antibodies. If you would like to peruse the history of anti-ps in the form of patents right up- to the present, see this:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7678386.html

The company has stated that they will release the data on the HEPC/HIV study by this coming Sept. My gut feeling is that the results will be positive or they wouldn't be putting so much effort and funding into anti-ps research along with CHAVI and DOD who are also expending funds to research same. Again, this research is not on our timeline. So we wait. However, I still have not found one negative peer review with respect to this research which is pretty remarkable since the research goes back to the late 90s.

v

Offline carpediem98

« Reply #520 on: March 17, 2010, 10:20:07 am »
This is anecdotal rather than publicly reported, but a friend's mother is a mid-career HIV researcher, currently working on anti-PS therapies. She said that their success has been "astonishing, but with roadblocks." My friend eagerly suggested I try to get into the study as an anonymous patient (as it would be ethically questionable to knowingly recruit a family friend); the mother suggested I wait until the next phase, at which time they'll have fixed dosing and a full safety profile - and a location in NYC (the work is currently happening in NJ and, she says, at Penn).

When I tried to dig a little more, she sort of clammed up, but more in a "Please, can I not talk about work on my day off" sort of way than a "We're trying to keep this a secret" sort of way.

Offline veritas

« Reply #521 on: March 17, 2010, 10:46:20 am »

carpe,

Interesting post. There is a lot more to this therapy than the obvious. One of the roadblocks is mounting the appropriate immune response (antibodies in sufficient quantities) to go after the virus once exposed to the immune system by anti-ps. That issue is only a matter of time. I'm not too worried about the safety issue with respect to the anti-ps mab since it has been injected into enough people (especially those with cancer) with no major adverse effects. By the way, the cancer results have been incredible to date. Wait till ASCO.
Some of those cancer patients were terminal.
I do understand her concern for the  safety issue. Most are concerned about the immune system attacking the body. However, this did not happen in the hepc trials or the cancer trials (quite the opposite). I believe their concern is with the newer, stronger (fully Human) mabs which hopefully will do the trick.

Stayed tuned ---- this is exciting stuff.

v

Offline brazilianman

« Reply #522 on: March 17, 2010, 12:56:53 pm »
veritas,

hope bavituximab out of the petri dish to my veins and blood (lol) as soon as possible. I believe that one infusion per week is better than taking pills every day. I plan to bavituximab before happy hour.

bman

Offline veritas

« Reply #523 on: March 18, 2010, 05:16:44 am »

bman,

Your quote: " I plan to bavituximab before happy hour."

I love it -------- bavituximab with a chaser !

v

Offline carpediem98

« Reply #524 on: March 19, 2010, 07:56:44 pm »
I still like my concept for the MAB/resveratrol weekly infusion complex - HIVEXITROL. :^)

Can I start whining now about the fact that in 2013 we have to have infusions of the weekly medicine instead of pill form?

Offline veritas

« Reply #525 on: March 26, 2010, 05:49:31 am »

Anti-ps  reverses the inhibition of tumor immunity by the exposed PS on tumor cells. Vaccine potential for cancer! Abstract to be presented at AACR this year in April:

http://www.abstractsonline.com/Plan/ViewAbstract.aspx?sKey=442fffe5-4c06-49dd-8502-558fd7965952&cKey=40051adb-f50a-47d5-a7b9-7e3fae7fed5b&mKey=%7b0591FA3B-AFEF-49D2-8E65-55F41EE8117E%7d

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #526 on: March 29, 2010, 01:38:08 pm »

Could this be why we haven't heard much about Bavi anti viral ?

https://researchfunding.duke.edu/detail.asp?OppID=5645

Interesting........

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #527 on: April 02, 2010, 05:37:25 am »
Duke is breaking their silence on anti-ps therapy.

"“The beauty of this newly identified set of antibodies -- called polyreactive anti-phospholipid antibodies -- is that they are so potent against the type of virus that establishes infection during mucosal transmission,” says Anthony Moody, MD, a member of the Center for HIV/AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI) at Duke and lead author of the study appearing in the Journal of Experimental Medicine'

"Moody says the antibodies, PGN632, P1, IS4 and CL1, do not appear to have any pathogenic features, even though other members of the class do. Earlier studies by others have demonstrated that anti-phospholipid antibodies have anti-viral effects, but “what we have done in this paper is to show how they do that,” Moody says."

"While the findings still have to be tested clinically, they do suggest a new way the immune system might be manipulated to thwart HIV, said Barton Haynes, MD, director of CHAVI and the Duke Human Vaccine Institute and senior author of the study. “There are two parts of the immune system -- the innate and adaptive components -- and this study shows a vaccine that could elicit these polyreactive antibodies could recruit both components to fight HIV.”  

http://www.dukehealth.org/health_library/news/scientists_identify_how_a_novel_class_of_antibodies_inhibits_hiv_infection

Something tells me not only is it happening, it will be happening fairly soon !!! Bring on the clinical trials !!

v

PS: The study will be published in the "Journal of Medicine" on Apr.5.2010. The title of the study:"Scientists Identify How A Novel Class Of Antibodies Inhibits HIV Infection"

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:50:05 am by veritas »

Offline veritas

« Reply #528 on: April 02, 2010, 02:16:38 pm »

Duke has password protected the article and link. We will have to wait until April 5 for the study to be released.

I hope they don't push back the release date.

Why all this secrecy with respect to anti-ps anti-viral is beyond my understanding. I hope it isn't ego induced! Because  if anti-ps anti-viral didn't have any effect, it would have been dropped a long time ago. Let's see what CHAVI (Duke) does on Monday.

v

Offline xman

« Reply #529 on: April 02, 2010, 08:36:34 pm »
Something tells me not only is it happening, it will be happening fairly soon !!! Bring on the clinical trials !!

If they haven't even start with clinical trials, then it has a long way to go until being ready for primetime.

I believed they had start with trials  ???

Offline veritas

« Reply #530 on: April 03, 2010, 06:01:45 am »

Xman,

The clinical trials for HIV directly will be coming out of CHAVI. The mabs they will be using are a lot more powerful than the mab used in the co-infection trial with HEPC/HIV. This has all been explained earlier to you in this thread. It is working wonderfully in the early cancer trials (phase 2). No-one said it is going to be done quickly. However, a clinical trial with the more potent mabs would be welcome to verify the science in an HIV setting and give an indication as to the potency of the more powerful mabs in vivo.

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #531 on: April 05, 2010, 09:44:42 am »

IT'S HAPPENING !!!!

http://ir.peregrineinc.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=456463

"Barton Haynes, M.D., director of the Duke Human Vaccine Institute and senior author of the study commented, "These results indicate that targeting a host cell lipid such as PS as an anti-viral strategy is a promising concept of relevance to new therapeutic and possibly prophylactic innovations for HIV."

"This publication is the latest in a series of presentations and publications that supports the potential of PS as a target in HIV infection and provides new insights into the unique mechanisms of action of our PS-targeting antibodies," said Steven W. King, president and CEO of Peregrine. "While past studies have focused on the broad nature of the PS target, these new data reveal that some of these antibodies may also have highly specific effects."

Bring on the clinical trials !!!

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #532 on: April 05, 2010, 09:58:47 am »

http://esciencenews.com/articles/2010/04/05/scientists.identify.how.a.novel.class.antibodies.inhibits.hiv.infection

The above is the article that was blocked by DUKE last week.

IT'S HAPPENING !!!!!

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #533 on: April 05, 2010, 04:27:30 pm »

Here's the abstract from the above two posts:

http://jem.rupress.org/content/early/2010/04/02/jem.20091281.abstract

IT'S HAPPENING !!!

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #534 on: April 06, 2010, 05:34:20 am »

Why is the above research so important?  A wonderful summary:

"In summary, these non-pathogenic PS-targeting antibodies owe their unprecedented success at inhibiting HIV infection** to a surprising indirect mechanism of action that induces the production of beta chemokines, molecules known to prevent HIV infection by occupying a receptor that HIV uses to enter cells. The specific chemokines responsible for the HIV inhibition are known as MIP-1-alpha and MIP-1-beta, also known as CCL3 and CCL4, respectively. The antibodies are orders of magnitude more potent at inhibiting HIV infection of cells than previously discovered and much-touted rare broadly neutralizing antibodies that target the exterior viral spike of HIV directly. Due to their extreme potency at low concentrations, if additional studies with these antibodies continue to show promise, they may eventually hold potential as active ingredients in preventative microbicides to block initial infection or as therapy for people already infected with the virus. The antibodies may also provide a clear goal for the design of vaccines to stimulate the rapid production of similar antibodies upon exposure to the virus, in hopes of conferring protective immunity to HIV infection"
jbm/blog

If these antibodies work as expected, at the minium we have a functional cure, if not an outright cure.

Could anti-ps be the Holy Grail ?  You decide!

IT'S HAPPENING !!!

v

Offline xman

« Reply #535 on: April 06, 2010, 01:55:02 pm »
If these antibodies work as expected...

yeah that's the big question. your entusiasm is understandable but what worries me is the fact that we don't have a safety profile and we don't know if works. since fda requires human trials which we all know takes years we should be more caution about the possible outcomes of this approach. not to mention the financial assistance which is needed to end all the trials. when we are in phase 2 then i guess it's the moment to make some considerations. now it's too early. just my opinion.

Offline veritas

« Reply #536 on: April 09, 2010, 09:45:08 am »

Xman,

You didn't disappoint with your answer.  I'm going to give you another hint concerning anti-ps: beta-chemokines. They _may_ be the key as to why anti-ps may work and others may not.

v

Offline stargate12

« Reply #537 on: April 09, 2010, 11:08:33 am »
yeah that's the big question. your entusiasm is understandable but what worries me is the fact that we don't have a safety profile and we don't know if works.

I understood that bavituximab is being tested for cancer  right now.... and therefore there is no safety  issue concerning.

Offline veritas

« Reply #538 on: April 09, 2010, 12:52:26 pm »

Stargate12,

You are correct, however, in all fairness the mabs CHAVI have are more powerful than the 3g4 antibody being tested right now in the cancer study. The trials being done do show the viability of anti-ps.

For those who are interested, here is the full paper from my above posts (all 23 pages):

"In this paper, we define a mechanism of inhibition of HIV-1
infection of human PBMCs by human anti-phospholipid
antibodies"

http://www.peregrineinc.com/media/siteFiles/10-04-05_JEM_Moody_HIV_Purchased_Website.pdf

IT'S HAPPENING !!!!

v

Offline mercuryman

« Reply #539 on: April 09, 2010, 12:59:44 pm »
Will bavituximab only work against R5 virus or will it also work against DUAL TROPIC (X4/R5) virus?

Offline veritas

« Reply #540 on: April 09, 2010, 01:14:23 pm »

mercuryman,

YES !  It has been posted earlier in the thread.

v

Offline xman

« Reply #541 on: April 09, 2010, 01:43:27 pm »
Xman,

You didn't disappoint with your answer.  I'm going to give you another hint concerning anti-ps: beta-chemokines. They _may_ be the key as to why anti-ps may work and others may not.

v

well you agree that we will not see this as a therapeutical option for many years, right?

Offline veritas

« Reply #542 on: April 09, 2010, 01:46:26 pm »

Define "many"!

v

Offline xman

« Reply #543 on: April 09, 2010, 01:48:53 pm »
10 years
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 01:50:54 pm by xman »

Offline veritas

« Reply #544 on: April 09, 2010, 01:51:56 pm »

"LESS" than 10 years!

Offline xman

« Reply #545 on: April 09, 2010, 01:55:45 pm »
I appreciate your optimism and attitute toward this approach but you know that human trials require on average 7/8 years for completition, maybe less if fast tracked. Look at the Virxsys candidate which is indeed fast tracked but requires years to definitely pass from one phase to another. Now they are planning for a phase 2b which will need another 2 years for being done.

I'm not skeptical about the MOA but about the necessary timeline to put this product in our hands (or better in our mouths)

Offline veritas

« Reply #546 on: April 09, 2010, 02:00:26 pm »

Xman,

A drug can be released after phase 2 given the right circumstance.

v

Offline veritas

« Reply #547 on: April 11, 2010, 05:28:15 am »
What makes the attached article concerning anti-ps and hiv intrigueing is where it is published --------- Genetherapy:

http://www.genetherapy.me/peregrine-pharmaceuticals-reports-data-from-newly-published-research-reinforcing-potential-of-targeting-ps-in-hiv-infection/

'Because the PS target is host-derived rather than pathogen-derived, PS-targeting antibodies are expected to be less susceptible to the viral genomic mutations that lead to anti-viral drug resistance'.

Could that mean any retro- viral "genomic" mutation?  YUP !

It's Happening !!

v

ps: "PS-targeting antibodies have been shown to help clear infectious virus from the bloodstream and to induce antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity. "  Can you guess what that means?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:58:48 am by veritas »

Offline stargate12

« Reply #548 on: April 12, 2010, 12:00:57 pm »

ps: "PS-targeting antibodies have been shown to help clear infectious virus from the bloodstream and to induce antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity. "  Can you guess what that means?

Mhmmm... hiv eradication?...

Offline veritas

« Reply #549 on: April 12, 2010, 12:33:56 pm »

stargate12,

ADAPTIVE IMMUNITY !!!!!

v

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.