Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:54:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 236
Total: 237

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: "I don't care, just fuck me!"  (Read 73389 times)

Offline skeebo1969

Re: "I don't care, just fuck me!"
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2007, 04:36:17 pm »

I just wanted to say that I again pissed on my ladies leg a while ago while taking a shower.  I told her not to try to run or dance out of the way because she might slip and fall, endangering the baby.  Even after I gave her fair warning she never exited.  She stayed and took it like a trooper.

Thomas

PS Its my fault I am here and if I had not made the mistake I would not know all of you lovely people.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline koi1

« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2007, 04:37:25 pm »
Well said,

I just want let it go. And I'm sorry that I don't agree with dingoboi. Once again, it all got out of hand, thank you for acknowledging that I did have some valid points. Enough said. However any time someone advocates dingoboi's point of view I will have to say something, and I  will gentile manner.

rob.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:39:49 pm by koi1 »
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline FiercenBed

« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2007, 04:38:25 pm »
thatz itz guys....lol

im outa here....everyone have a good saturday night ;)

Offline koi1

« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2007, 04:38:47 pm »
Thomas,

You are a fine person, and I am happy to know you as well. I have a lot of respect for you.

rob
Drawn 02/10/07

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2007, 05:04:12 pm »
You engaged me by criticizing my thread. So therefore you engaged me first. But am I not supposed to be ignoring you?

rob

Are you referring to the other thread you started THAT A MODERATOR LOCKED?  ha ha... you are lame honey.  The thread was locked for a reason, because you flame baited someone.   
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2007, 05:08:51 pm »
I don't think it's a matter of who started what and who said what first. But someone did admit to provoking closing KOI's thread in which led Ann to close the thread. I thought this forum was about opinions, and if you NEED to address a name to defend your opinion so be it. But I think whoever told Ann to close the thread is at fault as well.

To be clear... I didn't PM Ann anything.  She locked it herself.  I only pointed out that starting a second thread was confusing, and placing another posters name in the THREAD LINE was inappropriate, which it is.  It's called baiting.

If the moderator locked the thread for those reasons then I guess she saw some merit to what I said.  Unfortunately now folks who are reading this are missing half of the context.  Doubly confusing because another poster (koi1) has perpetuated falsehoods directed at me.  Never once in this thread did I say a single thing to this poster until they posted a directly confrontational remark to me, and even then I POLITELY asked for clarification.

I refuse to be demonized for something I didn't do.  If you read both of the threads it's clear who did what and who is at fault.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 05:10:29 pm by philly267 »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2007, 05:10:11 pm »
Quote from: aupointillimite
I found that thread to be nasty, vicious, and just plain mean.

Evidently so did a moderator, a point seemingly lost in the sea of the brain dead.

Offline koi1

« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2007, 05:22:40 pm »
I find advocating knowingly infecting somebody "nasty, vicious, and just plain mean."

"And if you're referring to Philly's criticism of your thread which was locked earlier today... I personally thought Philly was quite restrained in what he said.

I found that thread to be nasty, vicious, and just plain mean."

still think you are hot though.

rob
Drawn 02/10/07

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2007, 05:24:37 pm »
Perhaps placing a name on the title of the thread is inappropriate, but why do you have to go to the extreme to PM a moderator? What does Dingoboi have to say about this. If Dingoboi didn't have much to say about this then why should anyone else? Why just not state your opinion on a reply to the thread like everyone else? If Koi felt the need to state his opinion he is entitled to. And I also agree with you Philly that a name should not be mentioned on the title nor thread. What I saw from Koi was that he was angered by several remarks Dingoboi has said and I agree with him but I don't think he made the wisest choice to start a new thread and state a name on the title. I guess what I am attempting to get across people's head is that it takes two people to start an argument which was Koi and Dingoboi, who ever else came into the issue is just adding more fuel.
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2007, 05:26:25 pm »
Perhaps placing a name on the title of the thread is inappropriate, but why do you have to go to the extreme to PM a moderator?

CAN YOU READ ENGLISH?  I did NOT PM a moderator.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2007, 05:31:49 pm »
I find advocating knowingly infecting somebody "nasty, vicious, and just plain mean."

"And if you're referring to Philly's criticism of your thread which was locked earlier today... I personally thought Philly was quite restrained in what he said.

I found that thread to be nasty, vicious, and just plain mean."

still think you are hot though.

rob

As Ann said... the comment was probably said ironically. 

i·ro·ny1     /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]
–noun, plural -nies.
1.   the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

To use Dingo's own word in Reply 92. 

"I don't approve of intentionally spreading the disease without informed consent.  I do think it important that each and every one of us take personal responsibility for our health and ensuring this does not get transmitted further.  It's wrong."

And even if he did say something like, "I like spreading HIV on purpose... for serious," we wouldn't have needed you to set up a thread to know what a horrible thing that is to do. 

Thanks for the compliment.  Yeah.

Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2007, 05:36:11 pm »
Perhaps placing a name on the title of the thread is inappropriate, but why do you have to go to the extreme to PM a moderator? What does Dingoboi have to say about this. If Dingoboi didn't have much to say about this then why should anyone else? Why just not state your opinion on a reply to the thread like everyone else? If Koi felt the need to state his opinion he is entitled to. And I also agree with you Philly that a name should not be mentioned on the title nor thread. What I saw from Koi was that he was angered by several remarks Dingoboi has said and I agree with him but I don't think he made the wisest choice to start a new thread and state a name on the title. I guess what I am attempting to get across people's head is that it takes two people to start an argument which was Koi and Dingoboi, who ever else came into the issue is just adding more fuel.

There!  Somewhere in there it is!  Whatever argument was started before, that ain't the argument it is now.  I still say philly was not adding fuel to the fire.  He was gleaning a useful comment from the flames.  About the equivalent of at least getting a nice, tasty toasted marshmallow out of a fire in progress.  When suddenly...the flames leapt up on him!  At least that is how it has looked to me.  

And I have to say, koi1 keeps coming off with a tone of, "You're stupid and you're ugly.  Now can't we please drop it?"  koi keeps coming back to saying how he won't apologize for his opinion of Dingo's comments.  Fine.  So be it.  The apology needs to come for hopping on philly, not for his opinion of DingoBoi.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2007, 05:36:31 pm »
Quote from: aupointillimite
And even if he did say something like, "I like spreading HIV on purpose... for serious," we wouldn't have needed you to set up a thread to know what a horrible thing that is to do. 

quoted-for-truth

Offline koi1

« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2007, 05:37:43 pm »
Right on!

I don't care how you put it. Dingoboi's comment on infecting people paired with his sociopathic fantasies of infecting a neggie, are just plain scary. There comes a point when we have to analyze the situation and realize that some behavior is just plain dangerous.

Now if dingoboi was just hurting himself, that's fine, but when you want to take others with you...I just feel that some people don't understands what is wrong with this picture, which is even more scary.

I understand I went about it the wrong way. I have already admitted that. But I can't have any respect for anyone who advocates potentially murdering people. AIDS is not a disease where you just pop a pill and everything will be allright. I know people on here know that. I would still not wish this disease on anyone, not even dingoboi. And noone deserves it, not even tweaked out boys at Iwoan circuit parties. I'm sorry for feeling this way. I just don't know how else to put it. I have already aplogized for going about it the wron way. I just did not want to hijack the original thread. I thought humor might get people to read. And it did. I commend Dingoboi for not getting nasty with me. I will say that about him.

And aupoint, then you can argue that everything on this site is said in irony, I was just going by previous threads by dingoboi where he talked about a fantasy of "infecting a neggie. " I read this when a friend of mine showed me his threads before I was diagnosed, and I do believe my memory serves me well.

I just don't agree with it. I cannot see the value in advocating this point of view, when taken with dingoboi's past posts.

rob
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 05:45:16 pm by koi1 »
Drawn 02/10/07

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2007, 05:41:25 pm »
Right on!

I don't care how you put it. Dingoboi's comment on infecting people paired with his sociopathic fantasies of infecting a neggie, are just plain scary. There comes a point when we have to analyze the situation and realize that some behavior is just plain dangerous.

Now if dingoboi was just hurting himself, that's fine, but when you want to take others with you...I just feel that some people don't understands what is wrong with this picture, which is even more scary.

I understand I went about it the wrong way. I have already admitted that. But I can't have any respect for anyone who advocates potentially murdering people. AIDS is not a disease where you just pop a pill and everything will be allright. I know people on here know that. I would still not wish this disease on anyone, not even dingoboi. And noone deserves it, not even tweaked out boys at Iwoan circuit parties. I'm sorry for feeling this way. I just don't know how else to put it. I have already aplogized for going about it the wron way. I just did not want to hijack the original thread. I thought humor might get people to read. And it did. I commend Dingoboi for getting nasty with me. I will say that about him.

rob

Wow.  You just totally slandered Dingo.  "Sociopathic fantasies of infecting a neggie?"  Harsh.  Really, really harsh.  As well as completely unverifiable.

And while I'm overwhelmed with the generosity of your statement that you wouldn't even wish HIV on Dingo, I really can't warm up to any of it.

By your logic, we're all "potentially murdering someone" everytime we fuck someone, informed consent or not. 

I, for one, have no intention of living like a nun.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2007, 05:43:33 pm »
Actually you said you "refused to apologize" but I digress.

Quote from: koi1
You will not get an apology from me, not now, not ever, not even when Bailey finds the right colorist.

As far as dingoboi I don't know how serious to take his remarks, and others including the moderator voiced the same thing.  Could have been joking.

But if you'd like me to go on record:  People how purposely infect other individuals with HIV disgust me.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 05:46:00 pm by philly267 »

Offline Lis

« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2007, 05:49:21 pm »
the only person i can make choices for is ME.. I resent that we all the sudden have to take responsibility for the human race... that is NOT my job... god does that... if you disclose and they could care less... carry on!!!  use a condom, don't us a condom.. they live their life... not me!!!!

poz 1986....

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2007, 05:54:43 pm »
thank you, Lis!  i do the best i can to watch out for my fellow man, but good grief.  i have enough on my plate dealing with this virus myself without having to completely assume the burden for the whole of the world, too.  at a certain point, i have to accept that i just can't do it.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2007, 05:59:29 pm »
This has become an interesting thread indeed. I can truly appreciate the different views. What I have seen is both parties trying to get their points across w/o the use of insults. Which is very refreshing to see but both should still respect the other's point of view. It appears to me that both of you have strong opinions  and neither is going to change their opinion, so where do we go from here? Just saying....

(who is in a haze right now, so excuse me if it makes no sense)
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2007, 06:04:45 pm »
thank you, Lis!  i do the best i can to watch out for my fellow man, but good grief.  i have enough on my plate dealing with this virus myself without having to completely assume the burden for the whole of the world, too.  at a certain point, i have to accept that i just can't do it.

Thank you Tim and Lis!

For the love of God... and maybe I read too much Ayn Rand.  But I cannot, and I will not, accept responsibility for the sexual choices of everyone.  Especially tweakers at an orgy.  We're all masters of our own destiny, and I think it is completely irresponsible... as well as a huge disservice to neggies... to force all the burdens of preventing the spread of HIV/AIDS onto those of us who have it.

Offline koi1

« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2007, 06:12:56 pm »
Aupoint,

Nobody is asking you to.

peace,

rob
Drawn 02/10/07

Offline koi1

« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2007, 06:15:37 pm »
Thanks Philly,

that was my whole point

i never said everyone here is spreading it knowingly

I went about it the wrong way.

lets just put this behind us

rob
Drawn 02/10/07

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2007, 06:18:45 pm »
Thanks Philly,

that was my whole point

i never said everyone here is spreading it knowingly

I went about it the wrong way.

lets just put this behind us

rob

Dude... I think you owe a couple people some apologies before we can all move on.

I'm not one of them... but saying that you "went about it the wrong way" is a pretty poor mea culpa. 

Offline koi1

« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2007, 06:27:55 pm »
I've already said that I am sorry for going about it the wron way.

And We all know that locking a thread limits the discussion.

I will not apologize for having an opinion. Just like you called me a slanderer, without knowing if dingoboi said those things or not, is your opinion. Dingoboi has been called on this issue before. It may have been before you started visiting this website. I have been viewing the posts on this website (before I knew I was poz) with a friend who got it from someone that knew they were HIV positive for a while now.

rob
Drawn 02/10/07

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2007, 06:30:22 pm »
Benj: Put. The. Ayn Rand. Down. Never to pick it up again. Seriously.

I went on a date last night. With a girl. Dinner, movie, and then she invited me for drinks to her place. Classic date. But it was most unorgiastic.
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2007, 06:33:52 pm »
Oh, good grief!  Sex parties on Thursday...dates (with a gal, no less!) on Friday...

Forget all the arguments on this thread.  Now I'm just bitter in general!

>:(
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2007, 06:35:22 pm »
Oh, good grief!  Sex parties on Thursday...dates (with a gal, no less!) on Friday...

Forget all the arguments on this thread.  Now I'm just bitter in general!

>:(

lawl!!!@timmy kthxbye
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2007, 06:35:50 pm »

I will not apologize for having an opinion. Just like you called me a slanderer, without knowing if dingoboi said those things or not, is your opinion. Dingoboi has been called on this issue before. It may have been before you started visiting this website. I have been viewing the posts on this website (before I knew I was poz) with a friend who got it from someone that knew they were HIV positive for a while now.

rob

Your continual falsehoods (read:  LIES) about me had ZERO to do with dingo once you made them to me.  What IS your IQ?  three?

However, it DOES sound like you have a personal issue with dingoboi predating ANYTHING contained in these threads.  I suspected as much but was generally too lazy to research the issue, but you've now come out and exposed yourself.  So basically you had no reason to lie about me, make false accusations, make personal attacks ad nauseum infininium today.

Horribly fascinating.  Are you in therapy?  If you're not you might want to consider this option.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2007, 06:36:30 pm »

rob

See, I'm having trouble seeing where you definitively apologized for "going about the wrong way."  Which I personally think is a nice way of making you seem like you were just lost and didn't know that calling someone ugly to make your point was "the right way of going anout something."

And I didn't so much call you a slanderer per se as I said you slandered Dingo.  Unlike many people, I differentiate between who they are as people and the actions they engage in.

However... I will promise you something.  If you can find for me one scrap of evidence where Dingo himself posted something that said to the effect of, "It is hot for me to spread my virus like Vegemite on toast.  I'm not kidding.  For serious." If you can find that for me... where he said that he wants to spread HIV... and where it makes sense in context, then I will publically apologize to you for saying that you slandered him.

I'll be holding my breath.

Oh, and starting flamebait threads in which you single someone out for attack should be shut down.  That's not so much a "discussion" as it is a "catty bitchfest." 

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2007, 06:40:58 pm »
If I can kinda quote myself from earlier...again I say that the apology order is more for the hopping on philly than for your opinion about safer sex responsibility.  You (koi) seem to be actively side stepping that bit.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2007, 06:59:13 pm »
Koi- For your own good, let it go. You apologized for going the wrong way and addressing your diappointment on Dingoboi which I support you 100%. People on this thread seem to be against you because you have defended yourself aggressively and mentioned a name or two on those who provoked you but let it go. You unlike other people, believe it is a RESPONSIBILITY for all of us infected with HIV to protect ourselves and the person we are having sex with. Other preach that they don't wish to hold anyone else's actions a responsibility. They keep missing your point about Dingoboi fantasizing about giving it to a negative person. They want you to apologize for something you already apologized for. Maybe they are bitter, maybe they made mistakes or maybe they just have a different opinion. Who knows? Just let it go, as long as you know you are are taking responisbility and not spreading the disease and Stated your disgust on those who choose not to protect others from getting infected. Your approach was wrong but your heart was in the right place. Unfortunately you will find people in this world who want to make things all about themselves.
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline koi1

« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2007, 07:03:36 pm »
Aupoint,

This is pointless. And yes people's actions do matter. That is just like saying Hitler was not such a bad person. He just did bad things. I can see nothing more moralistic than your hate the sin love the sinner approach to this issue. Like I said, maybe others will corraborate what I said. If they don't you can choose to believe it or not, much like everything in life.

I did not just pounce on Bailey for his first innocent post. You know that, lots of people know that. Many people have called him much worse over time for his irresponsible, inciteful posts. That is a fact. I don't hate you, I hope you see the good in what I have to say, just as I see the good in what you have to say. I think we have all been guilty of name calling at one point on this website.

I don't have to accept everything you say, just as you can have much disdain for what I have said. I never said you are responsible for the sexual health of the planet. But I would like to think that we can put someone else's safety before cheap thrills.

My whole point all along has been that knowingly transmitting this virus is wrong. And yes if you advocate this with posts like Bailey's, I have no respect for you. Pure and simple. I will not apologize for this. The only thing I recall saying about Bailey is that he needs to find a better colorist. Sue me. My critique of what I thought was Philly only came after I felt attacked by him. This he said, she said business has made my original point a needle in a haystack.

And yes the thread name was bit much, but so was the post that inspired it.

I think the moderators know Bailey's track record and have defended his right to say what he wants. At first I was uneasy about it. Now I am not, but by the same token I have a right to disagree with someone's opinion. Discussion can degrade to name calling very quickly. You are not above this either.
You don't know much about me, yet are calling me a liar freely. Okay dude. I respect your right. And yes if you knowingly, deliberately, infect a person you are a potential murder especially if you don't disclose it. Just because people are at an orgy doing drugs doesn't mean they are there to get AIDS. We all know many of these people have severe addictions, depression. Some may not care. But most will wake up one day from it and realize what has happened to them with or without their culpablity.

I have another friend who now takes fuzeon. He contracted HIV when he went through sever trauma and loss. He knows he put himself at risk, but the road that took him there was not his fault. He wants to live. Hew volunteers with me. It not that simple. But we can all make a difference.

What is funny that so few people know about my status, not one where I volunteer. I have only talked frankly with someone else I met here about my status, my ex and another friend. This place is a good place. We don't have to like what people say to see that.

rob
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 07:06:25 pm by koi1 »
Drawn 02/10/07

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2007, 07:12:09 pm »
Aupoint,

This is pointless. And yes people's actions do matter. That is just like saying Hitler was not such a bad person. He just did bad things. I can see nothing more moralistic than your hate the sin love the sinner approach to this issue. Like I said, maybe others will corraborate what I said. If they don't you can choose to believe it or not, much like everything in life.

I did not just pounce on Bailey for his first innocent post. You know that, lots of people know that. Many people have called him much worse over time for his irresponsible, inciteful posts. That is a fact. I don't hate you, I hope you see the good in what I have to say, just as I see the good in what you have to say. I think we have all been guilty of name calling at one point on this website.

I don't have to accept everything you say, just as you can have much disdain for what I have said. I never said you are responsible for the sexual health of the planet. But I would like to think that we can put someone else's safety before cheap thrills.

My whole point all along has been that knowingly transmitting this virus is wrong. And yes if you advocate this with posts like Bailey's, I have no respect for you. Pure and simple. I will not apologize for this. The only thing I recall saying about Bailey is that he needs to find a better colorist. Sue me. My critique of what I thought was Philly only came after I felt attacked by him. This he said, she said business has made my original point a needle in a haystack.

And yes the thread name was bit much, but so was the post that inspired it.

I think the moderators know Bailey's track record and have defended his right to say what he wants. At first I was uneasy about it. Now I am not, but by the same token I have a right to disagree with someone's opinion. Discussion can degrade to name calling very quickly. You are not above this either.
You don't know much about me, yet are calling me a liar freely. Okay dude. I respect your right. And yes if you knowingly, deliberately, infect a person you are a potential murder especially if you don't disclose it. Just because people are at an orgy doing drugs doesn't mean they are there to get AIDS. We all know many of these people have severe addictions, depression. Some may not care. But most will wake up one day from it and realize what has happened to them with or without their culpablity.

I have another friend who now takes fuzeon. He contracted HIV when he went through sever trauma and loss. He knows he put himself at risk, but the road that took him there was not his fault. He wants to live. Hew volunteers with me. It not that simple. But we can all make a difference.

rob

You played the Hitler card!

I was wondering when that would happen!

You're right... you weren't the only one to get after Bailey.  However, you keep keep on it like a puppy on a rope... then went after Philly... and so on and so forth.

I have yet to see you produce one scintilla of evidence as to Bailey's own personal feelings as to the sexiness of spreading HIV.  So... me thinking that you're making it up isn't so much an "opinion" as it is a "fact" so far as I can tell.

When did I call you a liar?  Where?  When did I say, "Koi, you are a liar."  Not once. 

And when you said, "And yes the thread name was bit much, but so was the post that inspired it."

So, if I were to start a thread that said, "Koi is an unapologetic mean-spiritied person who likes attacking people in douchbaggy ways.  Discuss."  Would that be a "bit much?"  Would you like it?

I think not.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2007, 07:14:31 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies) is a mainstay of Internet culture, an adage formulated by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."[1]

Godwin's Law does not dispute whether, in a particular instance, a reference or comparison to Hitler or the Nazis might be apt. It is precisely because such a reference or comparison may sometimes be appropriate, Godwin has argued,[2] that overuse of the Hitler/Nazi comparison should be avoided, as it robs the valid comparisons of their impact.

Although in one of its early forms Godwin's Law referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions,[3] the law is now applied to any threaded online discussion: electronic mailing lists, message boards, chat rooms, and more recently blog comment threads and wiki discussion pages.

Godwin claims[1] that he introduced Godwin's law as an experiment in memetics.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2007, 07:15:19 pm »
Folks, in looking back over this thread I'd say a number of people have had their say, matters are waxing and waning and waxing heatedly. The fixed positions of each are pretty clear and have turned repetitive to no good purpose. And are heating up again to no good purpose or greater understanding as far as I can tell.

I'm going to trust if there is a theme here which needs further discussion it will turn up another time.

In the meantime to give matters a rest I am locking this thread.  
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 07:17:52 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.