Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:57:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 366
Total: 368

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How Gay Are You ?  (Read 46313 times)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: How Gay Are You ?
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2011, 11:40:43 am »
Ann I think you are a tomboy :)
Ann you are a Tomboy ;)

And proud of it!

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Since2005

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2011, 11:47:23 am »
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 11:53:07 am by Since2005 »

Offline LM

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2011, 11:51:42 am »
Ann, I guess you're not gay at all.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2011, 11:52:37 am »
Ann, I guess you're not gay at all.

I'm bi. Very versatile!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline LM

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2011, 12:07:39 pm »
I'm bi. Very versatile!

Me too, but even I can't deny there's some gayness in me, lol. I hate cars, I suck at sports and can't resist a mirror. But I'm a geek too, so that doesn't really help.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2011, 12:10:59 pm »
I'm bi. Very versatile!

I used to be Bi, but after my 1st 30 yrs of life, I realized, I liked Men a lot more, so I guess  I'm kinda a late Bloomer w/ the whole gay-male- thingy, I'm a Versatile/Top in the gay-male world, but being a late bloomer
had it's price, it wasn't easy for me, but @ 55 yrs old, I'm ok w/ who I'am, and I wouldn't change it for NOTHING ;D those were my last words w/ Carl Wilcox, before he passed-away, (cause he ask me), so I told him  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2011, 12:40:04 pm »
I love manicures.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2011, 12:49:16 pm »

v) Do you sometimes feel (or have you ever felt that way) that the world was created just so that you could be born in it ?  ;D

You mean it wasn't?

That says it all. You're the winner of the test. Gay or not. ;D  ;)

PS- Thanks for taking it. :)

BTW, I didn't mean to lump Madonna et al together as one monolithic block implying that they're equally famous or talented, it's more about the 'type' of artist. Many others could be added to that list, such as  Mariah Carey, Beyonce and Leona Lewis for starters.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:51:57 pm by spacebarsux »
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2011, 01:05:53 pm »
1. icon wise, Cyndi Lauper, all the rest, you are latecomers and uncommitted ring tong fodder.

2. the critical question is: do you live your life enthralled to your smartphone, overpriced underwear and  t-shirts made by child labour in a distant country and/or can't stand up stand up most nights from barfing at the bar and/or secretly wish your "boyfriend" would go home early so you can cruising in a bush with half a bottle of old poppers you nicked from your uncle? Ah, yes, the questionnaire is about "are you young, gay and born after the internet went retail?" perhaps.

I am an old dog with handsome, experienced loins and tend to cry in my Rioja over pictures of hanged Iranian homosexual danglings on ropes at the end of tower cranes (when not selecting Adidas Ten Tens from a cheapo internet retailer). My bathroom cabinet I am told by people from central London "needs more products". But what is the point?  I am dreading the day when I have to go to a day centre and do hand actions over my zimmer to Lady G cos I am gay (or was once).

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2011, 01:10:58 pm »
1. icon wise, Cyndi Lauper, all the rest, you are latecomers and uncommitted ring tong fodder.

Time after time is timeless.

2. the critical question is: do you live your life enthralled to your smartphone, overpriced underwear and  t-shirts made by child labour in a distant country..
- matt

I don't see anything especially gay about this part. But what's sad is this holds true for many of us living in those distant countries too where the child labour isn't far away distantwise, but is a world away in all other respects.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:26:25 pm by spacebarsux »
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline denb45

« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2011, 01:14:09 pm »

2. the critical question is: do you live your life enthralled to your smartphone, overpriced underwear and  t-shirts made by child labour in a distant country and/or can't stand up stand up most nights from barfing at the bar and/or secretly wish your "boyfriend" would go home early so you can cruising in a bush with half a bottle of old poppers you nicked from your uncle? Ah, yes, the questionnaire is about "are you young, gay and born after the internet went retail?" perhaps.

Yes, when I was in my 30s, but that was more than 25 to 30 yrs ago, and they didn't have smart-phones and the inter-webs back then  :D however this may ring true for a lotta of you youngsters, you bring up a very interesting point there newt  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2011, 01:22:19 pm »
Straight people of a youngish age are just as "enthralled" with their smartphones -- there's nothing gay about that. And if you look at sales figures of higher priced undergarments it surely isn't all gay men purchasing these items. There aren't enough of them.

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2011, 01:27:59 pm »
Wow...Miss P we said nearly the same thing lol. I didn't see your comment before I typed.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2011, 01:39:17 pm »
Straight people of a youngish age are just as "enthralled" with their smartphones

Indeed. Perhaps all young people have been conned. Identity is more than an A+F t-shirt or your dad's Foo Fighters album copied onto your iPhone. And freedom is more than an MP3 (or 4) with a reference.

In the end, being "gay" is basically about, doing, thinking about or being possibly up for shagging with a someone of the same sex. And liking it. And loving the men/women who do it. Not Lady Gagay or some 50 year old mum who wore a gold conical bra once, or indeed about putting a sprinkling of finely chopped scallions on your scrambled eggs with smoked salmon of a late Sunday brunch while listening to an opera in Italian.

Or for that matter, wit.

- matt
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:09:23 pm by newt »
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2011, 02:40:41 pm »

2. the critical question is: do you live your life enthralled to your smartphone, overpriced underwear and  t-shirts made by child labour in a distant country and/or can't stand up stand up most nights from barfing at the bar and/or secretly wish your "boyfriend" would go home early so you can cruising in a bush with half a bottle of old poppers you nicked from your uncle? Ah, yes, the questionnaire is about "are you young, gay and born after the internet went retail?" perhaps

Replace boyfriend with girlfriend and if you answer yes you are metrosexual, not gay.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2011, 02:52:48 pm »
Space said his survey is about how "gay" you are measured by the laughable stereotypes.

I am old and clueless but I think the general sense in the last 10 years is that there isn't one common gay culture, neither nationally or internationally.  But you can get into one of the current cultures and think its more known that it is. 

I guess 20 something gay Gaga fans just assume she's a gay icon, like the ones they have heard about from the 20th Century.   Gaga says she is.  Mainstream media says she's a gay icon.

Anyway Americans don't know many European gay icons and Europeans don't know many Arab gay icons and so on and so on.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2011, 03:03:46 pm »
The only point in this quiz is that there is no point to it and most do get that point I think.

Of course there isn't one gay culture, there isn't one straight culture either.

Offline mecch

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2011, 03:08:06 pm »
Exactly. 
But there is still somehow a commonality and connection no matter the culture.
I'm sure there are lots of "gay" experiences growing up that are somewhat the same across cultures.

Offline denb45

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2011, 04:01:12 pm »
I don't think anything such as a quiz or some dumb ass questions can really measure how gay or str8 someone really is, life aint that way, nor has it ever been that way, the lines on sexuality is very burled at best, who really cares if you like to have sex with a man or a woman? I've had both in my life time, so, does that make me not a gay male, I think NOT, and don't even think about sayin I'm not gay due to any of this, I'm too dam old for this mess anyway  ;D we are who we are, and our own sexuality really matter NOT @ least for me it doesn't......
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:03:49 pm by denb45 »

Offline eric48

• Standard
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2011, 05:23:53 pm »
My only yes answer is the RED shoes.

Go figure...

Eric
NVP/ABC/3TC/... UD ; CD4 > 900; CD4/CD8 ~ 1.5   stock : 6 months (2013: FOTO= 5d. ON 2d. OFF ; 2014: Clin. Trial NCT02157311 = 4days ON, 3days OFF ; 2015: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02157311 ; 2016: use of granted patent US9101633, 3 days ON, 4days OFF; 2017: added TDF, so NVP/TDF/ABC/3TC, once weekly

Offline buginme2

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2011, 06:09:54 pm »
Once again the gays have been reduced to simple caricatures.  Quite stupid. How gay are you? I answered no to the majority of questions however I am a self described connoisseur of cock. 
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline klouny

• ~ can you see me now~
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2011, 07:11:19 pm »
g) Do you own a pair of red shoes ?

Used to have a pair of Red Converse high-tops.

high-tops are the best, comfiest shoes I own. and they're all sexy with their straps all over  :P
but mine were black.

my mom says I have the fashion sense of a homeless person  :-\
I guess torn jeans, white t-shirts and boots aren't as " fashionable" as I thought
~Strange ideas are Superfluous and unoriginal~

Offline wolfter

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2011, 07:45:26 pm »
It's all in jest.  I'm pretty sure we all know how gay we are.  The whole point was just to have fun with it and examine the stereotypes within our own community and laugh at ourselves a little bit.  

I can do many typical "manly" things.  Auto body and repair, home building, HVAC, plumbing and just about anything my papa did because I wanted to learn.  I enjoy watching sports and am watching OSU v's Miami and I type.  

I love to sew and am an excellent cook.  I love shopping.  I'll come out of the closet on this one; I try to never miss any episode of Housewives.  One of the few shows I DVR.  I don't mind getting dirty from the manly list, but can't tolerate crud under my nails when I'm done.  My dad yelled at me constantly for "primping" in the mornings as a teenager.  (I had beautiful hair then).  I change clothes if I have any speck of dirt on them but so do my straight brother.  I roll my eyes a lot, but not sure if that's gay or not.

Anyhoo,  I personally enjoyed reading through the comments.  We all learned a bit more about each other.  Like I'm the only person who thought they were more posh than others.  Maybe I need to look up that word.    The cluttered vanity question was a trick question that would really give some insight.  Most gay men I know have their shit totally organized and would never allow that kind of clutter take hold.    :D

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2011, 07:52:25 pm »
Is it gay if I'm about to watch Mildred Pierce while brewing organic white Mudan tea?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2011, 07:56:23 pm »
Is it gay if I'm about to watch Mildred Pierce while brewing organic white Mudan tea?

Yeah, that's towards the top of the Kinsey Scale.  Joan kinda scared me in that film.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2011, 08:44:18 pm »
Well let me see now, I have a red pair of ankle boots, I wear jeans and/or trousers all the time with flannel/lumberjack shirts and I always keep my hair short, so does that make me a little bit gay or just an (old) tom boy like Ann... ;)

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2011, 08:53:20 pm »
Well let me see now, I have a red pair of ankle boots, I wear jeans and/or trousers all the time with flannel/lumberjack shirts and I always keep my hair short, so does that make me a little bit gay or just an (old) tom boy like Ann... ;)

Aroha

No darlin, you're just practical.  Besides, I've seen you styling, hanging with the guys.  Like you didn't spend as much time getting ready as we did?

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2011, 09:07:14 pm »
Interesting that there are no questions about doing drag.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2011, 09:21:36 pm »

Hopefully the one with our girl Kate.  Now that's someone whom the queer in me totally adores.

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2011, 09:25:58 pm »
Gay, straight, or bi.... all I know is......

September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2011, 09:29:01 pm »
Le butch...

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2011, 09:37:33 pm »
I need this shirt!  ;D

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2011, 09:54:55 pm »
I actually own this "gay pride" tee.  It is looking rather faded these days though.  Just in case, that's not me in the pictar.

I thought about getting one of these, but I knew I'd never wear it.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2011, 09:55:41 pm »
Jan is forbidding me from buying the BUTCH QUEEN FIRST TIME IN DRAG shirt. She's so homophobic.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2011, 10:04:47 pm »
I wore a T-shirt like this on campus back in the late '80s. I didn't think people would notice or really care but I definitely underestimated people's reactions, both positive and negative.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2011, 11:00:00 pm »
Jan is forbidding me from buying the BUTCH QUEEN FIRST TIME IN DRAG shirt. She's so homophobic.

No darling I just have better taste in clothes than you do, I mean it's pretty obvious isn't it...the camera never lies... ;)

Aroha

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2011, 03:22:55 am »
Once again the gays have been reduced to simple caricatures.  Quite stupid. How gay are you? I answered no to the majority of questions however I am a self described connoisseur of cock.  

Lighten up. It's meant to be stupid and fun.

Gays haven't been reduced to anything. If at all, the answers to the test prove that we're all just people with our own individual quirks and someone else trying to stereotype us or stick mundane cliches on us is as absurd as saying all straight guys must love watching football.

Yeah so we all love cock and ass, but there's nothing new in that. All gay guys, particularly the ones on this board, are very well acquainted with that notion.   ;).

Offline buginme2

« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2011, 03:40:21 am »
Ok how about this, a question to add to your how gay are you quiz.

Do you got teh AIDS?

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2011, 03:48:11 am »
 >:( You're not being clever, ya know.  ::)

If you read my first post, I make it unequivocally clear I didn't mean it as a homophobic rant contest in any sense. If anyone chooses   to see it that way they probably lack a sense of humour, basic comprehension skills or even worse harbour some latent homophobic sentiment. Not my problem really.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2011, 04:01:20 am »
I never said it was homophobic, I said it was simplistic and simply pointed put that nothing on that quiz has anything to do with being gay.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2011, 04:05:46 am »
I said it was simplistic and simply pointed put that nothing on that quiz has anything to do with being gay.

Do you need a tissue?

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2011, 04:06:00 am »

Do you got teh AIDS?

I never said it was homophobic....

This is offensive and has a homophobic undetone to it, even if you don't see it. You cannot equate it to my eccentric prattle quiz test, which is nothing but that.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2011, 04:43:12 am »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2011, 05:43:55 am »
It's fine by me - you made it pretty clear that you're just trying to have a bit of fun with clichés. Anyone lacking a sense of humour can just stay out of the thread.

Maybe you missed this Bugs...if you can't see the fun side it's probably best you stay out of this..don't turn this into a flame war, let the guys have some fun.

Do you got teh AIDS?

What has this got to do with the quiz?  why would you want a question like that put in?  and why are you being silly about all this?

Jan

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:52:54 am by anniebc »

Offline buginme2

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2011, 06:08:20 am »
Maybe you missed this Bugs...if you can't see the fun side it's probably best you stay out of this..don't turn this into a flame war, let the guys have some fun.
Jan

Ok my apologies, flame out

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2011, 06:53:41 am »
Ok my apologies, flame out

Thanks Bugs.

Aroha
Jan

Offline wolfter

« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2011, 10:38:36 am »

Do you got teh AIDS?

OUCH!  We all know that the gays are AIDS ridden cess pools of infectious diseases. :o  That's so 80's gay.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2011, 08:48:16 pm »
This was worthy of my FB so I had to share what I said to my sister before I realized it's probably not too private...lol

8:40pm
God, I just realized how gay I really am...  I bought a lighted, amplified makeup mirror.    And thanks to my friends who didn't tell me I had 4" hairs growing out of my ears....lmfao

I bought the mirror yesterday but didn't get to use it until all my butch work was done.  I can now add furnace installer to my many abilities. ;D

Offline spacebarsux

« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2011, 03:11:03 am »
Is liking vampire themed movies/shows/ books a little gay ?

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2011, 10:48:25 am »
Is liking vampire themed movies/shows/ books a little gay ?
only if they're sparkly vampires  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.